Here's my story:
1. I unmount my sd card on my 3 week old HTC MyTouch 4G & plug it into (and access it from) my laptop. It's an HP with Windows 7.)
2. I eject it properly from my laptop.
3. When I plug the sd card back into my phone it won't allow me to re-mount it without formatting it. Losing that data's a drag, but I suck it up and do it.
4. I've learned done this enough times to know, so now I preemptively copy and paste the entire sd card into a folder on my laptop before re-mount and re-format on my phone.
5. THEN I have to plug my phone in via USB to recover the lost data by pasting the stuff I saved on my laptop.
All of this nonsense just ends up resulting in a mess of files on my phone. I've no idea what I can/should delete, or how to rearrange it all--which seems to result in a WHOLE LOTTA buggy apps, phone crashes, etc=aka suckage. So now I'm pretty much stuck accessing my phone SOLELY via usb cable, which cancels out the benefit of having an sd card in the first place!
I've spoken to T-Mo so often in the last 2 months that they actually sent me this phone for FREE (to replace my last 2 brand new HTCs)--along with allowing me to KEEP my the brand new phone it replaced! Great, but this hasn't corrected this particular problem. This phone hardly lives up to its immense potential.
Oh and btw, my other brand new $500 HTC is for sale if you're interested...