Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Lounge > Device/Carrier Comparisons

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deunan

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ifhone5 vs samsung glaxy s3

Hi every one i want to ask that which is best?, ifhone5 or samsung Glaxy S3? What do you think? please give answer.



Business Coach Gold Coast

Advertisements
jt fleming is offline  
Last edited by jt fleming; November 28th, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 26th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Anybody want a peanut?
 
TheAtheistReverend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,767
 
Device(s): 1+1,SG4, DNA, N7
Carrier: Depends on the breeze.

Thanks: 812
Thanked 836 Times in 639 Posts
Default

My vote is the SG3 for the following reasons:
*Android OS
*Bigger screen
*Faster Processor
*More carriers
*Expandable memory
*More colors available
*Google voice (or S-voice on Samsung) is faster and more accurate than siri.
*Maps actually work
*Arguably longer battery life
*Replaceable/Upgradeable battery
*More control with camera options
*Universal cables, and cheap!
etc. etc.
__________________
Find AF a helpful place? Me too. Want to be able to reply to threads and talk with us in real time? Why don't you sign up and get all the benefits of membership? Android Forums - Join the party!

Get your own DropBox HERE! Get Copy too!
TheAtheistReverend is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 127
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Samsung Galaxy S3. Better and bigger Super AMOLED screen, better camera options (burst shot mode and HDR), NFC and buttery smooth with no lag.

You'll love the SGS3's Super AMOLED screen because it has the best contrast ratios out of all smartphones. The black levels are amazing and the colors are pleasurable to look at.

The iPhone 5 is loaded with so many bugs and lag. Apple stuffed up with iOS 6 which basically makes Apple maps and navigation buggy and unusable. The locations given by Apple maps are inaccurate.

The camera of the iPhone 5 also has many issues like the purple tinge problem.
Ingenieur7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ibrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 983
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 248
Thanked 208 Times in 166 Posts
Default

You do realize you're on an Android forum correct?

The only people I can honestly recommend an iPhone/iPad for would be first time buyers who are completely.. what's the opposite of tech savvy?
Ibrick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenieur7 View Post
Samsung Galaxy S3. Better and bigger Super AMOLED screen, better camera options (burst shot mode and HDR), NFC and buttery smooth with no lag.

You'll love the SGS3's Super AMOLED screen because it has the best contrast ratios out of all smartphones. The black levels are amazing and the colors are pleasurable to look at.

The iPhone 5 is loaded with so many bugs and lag. Apple stuffed up with iOS 6 which basically makes Apple maps and navigation buggy and unusable. The locations given by Apple maps are inaccurate.

The camera of the iPhone 5 also has many issues like the purple tinge problem.
I don't mean to play devils advocate because I'm going from an iPhone 4 to a SG Note 2 myself (sometime soon I hope) but the screen display quality of the GS3 is the reason I'm not getting it. The pentile screen uses a RGBG pixel color configuration that gives the whites a bluish tint, or green tint in some tests. IPS screens are more color accurate while the super AMOLED screens tend to over saturate colors badly. Outside of this, I'd pick an GS3 over an iPhone any day, but if screen display is of any importance, the newer IPS displays (nexus 4, HTC one X) smoke the GS3's display.

I do realize that the note 2 I'm getting does have a super AMOLED display, but it has been improved to a more natural RGB pixel display, mostly eliminating the bluish/greenish tint to the whites and gives better color accuracy, and size be damned if the screen has improved that much.
TheAtheistReverend likes this.
Deunan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Anybody want a peanut?
 
TheAtheistReverend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,767
 
Device(s): 1+1,SG4, DNA, N7
Carrier: Depends on the breeze.

Thanks: 812
Thanked 836 Times in 639 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deunan View Post
I don't mean to play devils advocate because I'm going from an iPhone 4 to a SG Note 2 myself (sometime soon I hope) but the screen display quality of the GS3 is the reason I'm not getting it. The pentile screen uses a RGBG pixel color configuration that gives the whites a bluish tint, or green tint in some tests. IPS screens are more color accurate while the super AMOLED screens tend to over saturate colors badly. Outside of this, I'd pick an GS3 over an iPhone any day, but if screen display is of any importance, the newer IPS displays (nexus 4, HTC one X) smoke the GS3's display.

I do realize that the note 2 I'm getting does have a super AMOLED display, but it has been improved to a more natural RGB pixel display, mostly eliminating the bluish/greenish tint to the whites and gives better color accuracy, and size be damned if the screen has improved that much.

I would agree totally. SAMOLED is low on my list of desired screens, but they do have their perks too. Great contrast, blacker blacks, low power consumption, and lower blur for video and games.

They do however have slightly over saturated colors (which I actually like, but most reviewers count against it) and whites have a slight blue tint I think.

You will be very happy with it I think. Don't let a few tiny specs scare you away unless you're a die hard for the best of the best screens. Besides, even Apple's IPS displays have faults.
TheAtheistReverend is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
lionrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 13
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default

This is probably going to have extremely biased responses, but honestly its the S3. I have used the iphone 5 and it is quite boring in comparison to the S3.
lionrain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
The Real Bass Creator
 
Digital Controller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,498
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 4.4.2(Eclipse) , Nexus 7 (Stock), (RIP) Galaxy Nexus 4.4(SlimKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 748
Thanked 3,420 Times in 2,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtheistReverend View Post
My vote is the SG3 for the following reasons:
*Android OS
*Bigger screen
*Faster Processor
*More carriers
*Expandable memory
*More colors available
*Google voice (or S-voice on Samsung) is faster and more accurate than siri.
*Maps actually work
*Arguably longer battery life
*Replaceable/Upgradeable battery
*More control with camera options
*Universal cables, and cheap!
etc. etc.
I can whole heartily agree with all of the above, except the S-Voice, it is not better than Siri...unfortunately it still needs some work, but is starting to look like a contender.

With all these other Plus's though, i would still get the S3 hands down
__________________
Want Faster help? Read this before posting!

I love this community and so should you! So before posting please read:
Site Rules & Guidelines and Android FAQ's
Digital Controller is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Lounge > Device/Carrier Comparisons
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.