I am looking to buy my first android phone. Mainly I want it to play music/movies on. I don't have a 3G plan so I will use a 2G AT&T sim and wifi for data.
I've looked at a lot of phones but I can't seem to decide, probably because of a lack of knowledge about android phones. I would like to keep the price around $200, and used/refurbished is fine.
- Budget: Around $200
- Prefer unlocked phone, but AT&T would be okay too
- Main usage: Music/Movies/Texting/Calls
- Battery life is important to me, would be nice to have 6+ hours of usage
- Big enough screen size for movies to be reasonably watchable
- I'm open to "rooting" a phone, though I have no experience with this
If anyone has advice you think is important for a first time buyer, or things watch out for/avoid, it would be appreciated very much. Or if you know a good phone that you feel would work well for my uses, please do suggest it.
Thanks a lot,