Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Lounge > Device/Carrier Comparisons

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree36Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 30th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #1251 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

The new zopo looks really promising, even better than the lenovo a750, we need a guinea pig who test them

The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 31st, 2012, 04:17 AM   #1252 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 126
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
The new zopo looks really promising, even better than the lenovo a750, we need a guinea pig who test them
I will be (edit: ) NOT be ordering the ZOPO ZP200 as soon as it is released (mid-april). After reading this preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniSP View Post
Hi everyone
For those who still look for a chinese Dual SIM mobiles seller, you can buy them also at:
www.merimobiles.com They seems to be Canadian (read about us) and they offer free shipping for the same etotalk
DaniSP
They ship from China - I have asked them :-)
EmilF is offline  
Last edited by EmilF; April 3rd, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #1253 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hey guys (first post btw)

I have been reading all your previous comments and I have a question for you, as I did not manage to come across a clear answer:

Which would be a nice dual sim android purchase (I am replacing an N86)?

My needs: 3G in one SIM, front camera for videocall, nice back camera for the ocasional photo, wifi, gps, flash (!) not flash lite, but flash 10/11 support, nothing bigger than 4'' as I want it to fit in my trousers pocket. Any suggestions?

Additional question... I am going to Hong Kong/Shenzen in a few days. Do you know any place I could buy it and avoid the etotalk shipping cost?

Thank you very much for your support
mike1231 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #1254 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 126
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1231 View Post
My needs: 3G in one SIM, front camera for videocall, nice back camera for the ocasional photo, wifi, gps, flash (!) not flash lite, but flash 10/11 support, nothing bigger than 4'' as I want it to fit in my trousers pocket. Any suggestions?
I would go for the Lenovo A750 then. I have had the A60 and it was a wary good phone - except for to little RAM. Good quality and stable phone. Also there is allot of users of the Lenovo phone, therefor a big community to produce ROM updates, root, fixes etc.
EmilF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 04:54 AM   #1255 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i found this four sim cellphone---flying F160 , is it believable?
lkiju is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #1256 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The best imho is the Galaxy Y.

But I prefer to simply carry a second phone.

-j
jago25_98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #1257 (permalink)
你好
 
mikedt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Xilinhot, China 中国锡林浩特
Posts: 8,640
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Win Duos, Lenovo P700i
Carrier: China Mobile, China Unicom.

Thanks: 2,940
Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,783 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkiju View Post
i found this four sim cellphone---flying F160 , is it believable?
Don't bother, it's just a cheapo feature phone.
__________________
The People's Guide to Android in the People's Republic.
Honorary Grand Poobah Shenzhen University English Corner.
http://welcometomychina.tumblr.com/
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
mikedt is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #1258 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jago25_98 View Post
The best imho is the Galaxy Y.

But I prefer to simply carry a second phone.

-j
In reference to the Galaxy Y Pro Duos. Has anyone used this phone? Do you recommend it? Is it dual sim active? (I'm getting confused with the terms not sure if the right one.. but basically can I receive a call on one line if I'm on a call on the second line?)
babatunde23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #1259 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilF View Post
I would go for the Lenovo A750 then.
I liked your suggestion!

by any chances does anyone know of a place to buy it Hong Kong? wanted to avoid the shipping costs and the any local tax
mike1231 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #1260 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

interesting thread!
jonmike is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #1261 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Has anyone seen or used this

X19i Android 2.3 OS Smart Phone 3G TV GPS WiFi 4.1 Inch Multi-touch Screen 8.0MP Camera

or this?

H7300 Android 2.3 Smart Phone MTK6573 CPU 650Mhz 4.3 Inch WCDMA Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen 8.0MP Camera Black

They're both look capable. Please provide feedback if you have seen or used them!

Thanks!
jonmike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #1262 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Davao Region, Philippines
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): EtoTalk AT&T G11i Pro
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jago25_98 View Post
The best imho is the Galaxy Y.
Well, it does work. As far as I can tell, it's dual SIM standby, but I've not actually tested it. The bad points are that the screen is very low resolution, but adequate for simple use as a phone. By far the worst aspect, though, is the poor integration of dual SIM functionality. No customising of SIM identity, just SIM1/SIM2. No colour coding of SIMs. You have to select the SIM before you start dialing or composing a message.

I'll stick with my G11i Pro until Bruno adopts a 6575 device ... my wife uses the Galaxy y.
PeterBell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 04:07 AM   #1263 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
NeWbIe_vlc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s): Samsung Grand
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Question Lenovo A750

I receive today my new smartphone

But now I'm dissapointed, I put the battery and power on the phone and It still on the first screen with de oranga logo and not load any more.

Can anyone tell a lenovo post or threat with roms or maybe someone have any idea?

Thank you
NeWbIe_vlc is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #1264 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeWbIe_vlc View Post
I receive today my new smartphone

But now I'm dissapointed, I put the battery and power on the phone and It still on the first screen with de oranga logo and not load any more.

Can anyone tell a lenovo post or threat with roms or maybe someone have any idea?

Thank you
First try to go into recovery mode and wipe cache and dalvik ...
try if you can find something here http://forum.china-iphone.ru/search.php?keywords=Lenovo+A750
catty62 is offline  
Last edited by catty62; April 10th, 2012 at 04:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #1265 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babatunde23 View Post
In reference to the Galaxy Y Pro Duos. Has anyone used this phone? Do you recommend it? Is it dual sim active? (I'm getting confused with the terms not sure if the right one.. but basically can I receive a call on one line if I'm on a call on the second line?)
I've had it for 2 days only and I'm fairly satisfied. As I said some time ago I needed a dual sim with qwerty because I just can't get used to typing on touch screen. The screen't sensitivity is quite good and the tracker actually helps solving the problem on the small screen, because you can use it to chose smaller buttons on apps and navigating on the web. One bad thing is that because the screen has a size that is kindda od for android phones, some apps actually appear size-down on the screen, like you had rotated your phone, only you didn't. Not impossible to use, you just rotate the thing, only a bit annoying.

the only real downside of this phone is internal memory. only 160 Mb. didn't expect it to be much of a problem because I thought i'd install all on the SD card but I found out many apps will not accept it. Haven't tried to root it yet.

I'm also having some problems with the phone reading the few apps I actually managed to install on the SD card, but I don't believe it's a general thing, just my bad luck, because it hasn't been reported widely.

I dunno about dual active... I really don't bother that much about that feature and I haven't tried. I'll let you know when I figure it out.
Cecilsoares is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecilsoares For This Useful Post:
babatunde23 (April 13th, 2012)
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #1266 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

From reading the thread it seems that the Lenovo A750 is best dual sim touchscreen with android at the mo. I'm looking to purchase a dual sim in May and have a few questions:
1) Does anyone think there is a better dual sim with android for the money available in May?
2) Where would you recommend to buy from if purchasing for the UK? I can see that etotalk seems to be selling it for approx $180 plus extras plus delivery so we are talking approx $230.
3) I can see there is talk on the etotalk web site of Ice Cream Sandwich being available on it in May is it worth hanging around or does this not matter if I start messing about with rooting, Bruno etc. I don;t know anything about this at the mo but am fairly technical so hopefully should be able to pick it up.
I know some of this has been talked about but it would be good to summarise what has been said through out the thread for myself and others. All comments welcome
khdd8198 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #1267 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khdd8198 View Post
From reading the thread it seems that the Lenovo A750 is best dual sim touchscreen with android at the mo. I'm looking to purchase a dual sim in May and have a few questions:
1) Does anyone think there is a better dual sim with android for the money available in May?
2) Where would you recommend to buy from if purchasing for the UK? I can see that etotalk seems to be selling it for approx $180 plus extras plus delivery so we are talking approx $230.
3) I can see there is talk on the etotalk web site of Ice Cream Sandwich being available on it in May is it worth hanging around or does this not matter if I start messing about with rooting, Bruno etc. I don;t know anything about this at the mo but am fairly technical so hopefully should be able to pick it up.
I know some of this has been talked about but it would be good to summarise what has been said through out the thread for myself and others. All comments welcome
For about the same price I also see an Arcapel AS1, just google for it.
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #1268 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty62 View Post
For about the same price I also see an Arcapel AS1, just google for it.
There Isn't any place with the correct specs for this phone.

The cpu used is not mentioned even on the official website and this is pretty worrying.

btw it's on the market since months ago, so is very likely way less powerfull than the Lenovo A750 or Zopo Zp100.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Solutor For This Useful Post:
catty62 (April 12th, 2012)
Old April 12th, 2012, 08:20 AM   #1269 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I have the XT532, and to be honest I'm disappointed by the phone, my other phone is Galaxy note, so there is no comparison what so ever.

What really gets me with the XT532 are 3 things, first is the screen resolution, 320x480 @ 3.5 inch = 165 ppi which is not good enough for me.
Secondly, is the black screen thing, this phone is supposed to be the work phone, so it needs to be available 24/7, sometimes the screen just goes blank and you can't turn on or off the phone without unplugging the battery, also sometimes the phone just switches itself off, even though the battery got enough juice.

Thirdly, sometimes sim 2 in unreachable even though it got full signal, and sim 1 sometimes drops out, but I found that switching from WCDMA to GSM helps with sim 1 problem, but not with sim 2.

Other than that, I liked the phone. Good size, decent battery life.

So I'm looking at the ZTE U960, or the new HTC T328w. What I'm certain with both phone is that I'll like the resolution, What I'm not certain of is the dropping sim problem, blank screen and switching off problem. I'm leaning more toward the HTC as it's got ICS, slimmer, smaller (a bit), plus previous HTC phones I had where off solid build.

What do you guys think?
RoamingHawK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #1270 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingHawK View Post
I have the XT532, and to be honest I'm disappointed by the phone


This is not surprising at all.

It's a cheap phone meant to be just slightly better than the average featurephone.

It's appreciated by the people who never touched a true smarphone, but is surely disappointing for anyone else.

Quote:
So I'm looking at the ZTE U960, or the new HTC T328w.
the ZTE is surely a real smartphone, it's no perfect (as any other phone) but is powerful enough to do anything you can expect from a smartphone.

Good sensitivity, good battery life, good CPU power, good resolution and so on.

The HTC is likely a good competitor, but likely we will have to wait to see the it on the real world.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:09 AM   #1271 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
NeWbIe_vlc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s): Samsung Grand
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Nobody bought the Lenovo A750?
NeWbIe_vlc is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #1272 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 126
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeWbIe_vlc View Post
Nobody bought the Lenovo A750?
Mine is on its way from etotalk :-)
EmilF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #1273 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
NeWbIe_vlc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s): Samsung Grand
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Lenovo A750 Rom

I need the Lenovo A750 rom with english to load my phone because the android not load, nobody know where I can find?

From etotalk answer very late everytime, their first answer where I have to power on and leave it alone sometime ^^

Thank you
NeWbIe_vlc is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #1274 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Lenovo A750 still winning

Okay so far the best alternatives to the Lenovo A750 seem to be:
1) The zte-u960 which seems a very similar spec phone but has dual antennas which seems to mean it can be dual sim active I.e have one call waiting on one sim while talking on the other. This is a good feature but it looks as thought the phone is an extra $160 which I can't really justify just for that feature
2) The htc-t328w which again is a very similar spec to the Lenovo but already has Ice Cream Sandwich. Looks as though it'll be available on etotalk on the 20th April and at the moment is $190 more which would definitely put me off.
For now I'm still going to wait to see what price the htc-t328w goes to when released and to see when the Lenovo will get ICS.

Anyone else with any other phones or other UK suppliers for the Lenovo A750?
khdd8198 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #1275 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khdd8198 View Post
Okay so far the best alternatives to the Lenovo A750 seem to be:
1) The zte-u960 which seems a very similar spec phone but has dual antennas which seems to mean it can be dual sim active I.e have one call waiting on one sim while talking on the other. This is a good feature but it looks as thought the phone is an extra $160 which I can't really justify just for that feature
The ZTE-U960 is still the only dual sim Smarphone powerd by a powerfull Qualcomm SOC, and is still the only phone with a true dual radio.

The MT6575 that powers the A750 or the Zopo zp100 is still a question mark.

Hopefully it will fix the defects of the older brothers (lack of computational power, unavailability of data during a call, unavailability of SIM2 during the data transfer, high power consumption, and so on) but this has still to be confirmed by the users.

And when I say users, I mean users who already have experience with real smartphones, not first time adopters.

On the other hand the HTC looks like a real competitor, but be sure it will be priced higher than the ZTE, that nowadays is really pretty inexpensive taking in account what has to offer.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Solutor For This Useful Post:
khdd8198 (April 16th, 2012)
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #1276 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): Fujitsu Loox F-07C, ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to auktionadm Send a message via Skype™ to auktionadm
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
The ZTE-U960 is still the only dual sim Smarphone powerd by a powerfull Qualcomm SOC, and is still the only phone with a true dual radio.
I thought the General Mobile DSTL1 has got DSFA too.
auktionadm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #1277 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auktionadm View Post
I thought the General Mobile DSTL1 has got DSFA too.


A 2g smarphone powered by a stone age built CPU and 128MB of ram, released three years ago ?

Poor me, I missed that
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1278 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): Fujitsu Loox F-07C, ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to auktionadm Send a message via Skype™ to auktionadm
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
Poor me, I missed that
You're right. ;-)

I prefer the ZTE U960 too.

It's the best Dual-SIM-device I've ever seen yet. As SGS+ but with Dual-SIM-Full-ACTIVE-feature.
auktionadm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #1279 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default zp100/zp200

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1231 View Post
hey guys (first post btw)

I have been reading all your previous comments and I have a question for you, as I did not manage to come across a clear answer:

Which would be a nice dual sim android purchase (I am replacing an N86)?

My needs: 3G in one SIM, front camera for videocall, nice back camera for the ocasional photo, wifi, gps, flash (!) not flash lite, but flash 10/11 support, nothing bigger than 4'' as I want it to fit in my trousers pocket. Any suggestions?

Additional question... I am going to Hong Kong/Shenzen in a few days. Do you know any place I could buy it and avoid the etotalk shipping cost?

Thank you very much for your support
Hello, the best dual from HTC is HTC T328W (4.0 inch , only 118mm!MSM 7227A) OS 4.0, 5.0Mp, 400*800 16M colors 360usd (taobao)
and Zopo 200 280usd taobao
peterru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #1280 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterru View Post
Hello, the best dual from HTC is HTC T328W (4.0 inch , only 118mm!MSM 7227A)

I hope that specs are wrong or it would mean another underpowered phone (there isn't any official flash support for arm v6 CPUs and the 7227 is an arm v6 one).

The Zte u960 needs some competition.

Edit :

The consideration above is wrong.

I missed the trailing A on the CPU number, and this little letter changes anything.

While the MSM7227[t] are old ARM V6 SOCs, the MSM7227A is a way more modern Snapdragon S1 chip.

It's still not powerful as the MSM8255 that powers the U960, (which is Snapdragon S2), but is way better than the ARM V6 cousin that powers the Motorola Xt532 and a lot of cheap clones.

Sorry for the misleading message.
The Solutor is offline  
Last edited by The Solutor; April 14th, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 14th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #1281 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 73
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
This is not surprising at all.

It's a cheap phone meant to be just slightly better than the average featurephone.

It's appreciated by the people who never touched a true smarphone, but is surely disappointing for anyone else.
So what is a true smartphone?
I use a smartphone for many years now and the xt532 works fine. It just depends what you want!
If you want a bigger screen you get a bigger phone. For me the resolution works well (much better than galaxy y duos) and the black screen has been solved.
In the latest ROM I haven't had one!
For me it is true!
pwel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #1282 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwel View Post
So what is a true smartphone?
You can find many definitions, what I mean here is that a nowadays a smartphone should be powerful enough to clearly differentiate itself from a featurephone.

My Sonyericsson p800 was the first real smartphone: had a 208x320 display, a vga camera, a 160 Mhz CPU, a gprs connection, no GPS, no accelerometer...

But was the AD 2002, TEN years ago.

The average phone of the time had a three row BW display, no packet data, no BT, no installable SW, and so on...

And Internet was completely different: the pages were mostly static, the weight of a web page was ridiculous.

Compare it with a (say) Sonyericsson W995 released in 2009, it has the accelerometer, the gps, 8GB of storage, a 320x200 display, a 8Mpixel camera, the push mail function, the activesync support, HSPA connection and so on...

And it has the java support, that means you can install a turn by turn navigator, operamini, a lot of games, a youtube client...

But is not a smartphone. we are in 2012 and internet is changed, the world is changed.

So, for me a "true" smartphone is something which is definitely more powerfull/featured than the mentioned featurephone.

And "definitely better" mean flash support, a decent resolution, video play w/o any conversion process, an offline navigator, a qwerty keyboard...

And frankly the XT532 doesn't meet a lot of those requirements, and (as you said) the galaxy Y is even worse, at least looking to the specs.

Quote:
If you want a bigger screen you get a bigger phone.
The bigger screen could be a requirement for some people, and surely is not an unwelcome addition, but a decent resolution will change the experience, and a good amount of RAM and CPU power makes the phone usable in any situation.

And keep in mind that the U960 I own, is just an average smartphone (it's comparable with a 2 years old Desire HD) it's the king just because the lack of competition, not because it's the best smartphone ever.
The Solutor is offline  
Last edited by The Solutor; April 14th, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #1283 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Well said Solutor.

I'm opting for the HTC though, as for flash support, I don't really need it, and if I did, you know there are some Flash versions ported for the ARM architecture.

The ZTE U960 dual active feature is a unique feature, and indeed it's unbeatable. But having ICS, the "HTC" name, smaller size and lighter , Super LCD on one hand, and dual active on the other, for me I'll go for the first hand, and in any way, this would be rather an improvement from my XT532, won't compare to my Note, but still.

And quite frankly, I don't like the looks of the ZTE U960. I know it maybe the most powerful Dual-Sim phone right now, but it looks like a cheap phone.
RoamingHawK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #1284 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingHawK View Post
Well said Solutor.

I'm opting for the HTC though, as for flash support, I don't really need it, and if I did, you know there are some Flash versions ported for the ARM architecture.
I edited my earlier message, about that problem. In short the problem is not existent.

Quote:
The ZTE U960 dual active feature is a unique feature, and indeed it's unbeatable. But having ICS, the "HTC" name, smaller size and lighter , Super LCD on one hand
I agree about the size, less about ICS, which is IMO a sorta of vista of android (I have it on my droid 2 global), and the definition of "Super LCD" on HTC phones is just misleading, it's just marketing to justify the switch from AMOLED to LCD on the Nexus ONE.

I had a Desire Z, equipped with a "Super" LCD and its screen was not on par with the Milestone 1/2 panel, nor with the "no name" LCD present on the ZTE.

Quote:
And quite frankly, I don't like the looks of the ZTE U960. I know it maybe the most powerful Dual-Sim phone right now, but it looks like a cheap phone.
Surely is not designed by Pininfarina or Giugiaro, and isn't that hard to find a better looking phone, but I can't consider it ugly
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #1285 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

have just pre-ordered the HTC t328w from taobao.com directly, the phone seems to be scheduled for released on 20Apr, so i guess it ll be early May when i got it in U.K.

I have been using the Moto Xt532 for a few months now. overall, I m pretty satisfied with it. Also have the ocassional black screen problem which gets on my nerves, but other than that, the xt532 does the job very well. I bough the Hong Kong version, so all the google apps came pre installed and there was no need for me to fiddle with it much.

The HTC t328w seems to be for domestic chinese market only, therefore I dont expect stock android market to come pre-installed. But given the large market presence of HTC in China there should be a decent solution soon after release. In fact, I wont even be surprised if the t328w will be able to sport MIUI at some stage, given all the other HTC android phones have MIUI custom Rom support.
kingcedz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #1286 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 73
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcedz View Post

I have been using the Moto Xt532 for a few months now. overall, I m pretty satisfied with it. Also have the ocassional black screen problem, which gets on my nerves, but other than that, the xt532 does the job very well.
Why did you not install the new ROM? It helps you to relax your nerves
pwel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #1287 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwel View Post
Why did you not install the new ROM? It helps you to relax your nerves
can u point me to where the new ROM is? I have been using the stock XT532 so far as I mainly use it as a travel phone.
kingcedz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #1288 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 73
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcedz View Post
can u point me to where the new ROM is? I have been using the stock XT532 so far as I mainly use it as a travel phone.
see xda-developers - View Single Post - Any idea- Motorola XT532 rom

check if it is correct wrt phone type (using Rdslite you can see the os version you have it should match)
pwel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #1289 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Lenovo A750 (MTK6575) HTC T328w Wind (MSM7227A) Comparrison

Thanks to The Solutor for the info on the CPU's it seems it's not as simple as mere CPU speed as the A750 T328w and U960 are all 1Ghz. It inspired me to have a bit more of a dig around and I found an interesting link that compares the Lenovo A750 Cpu MTK6575 with the HTC T328w Wind MSM7227A.

Photo: '000 Mobile CPU contention MTK6575 MSM7227A contrast - Technology News

Personally I would prefer the HTC just as I'm aware of the brand but price and this article seem to be pushing me back to the Lenovo A750.

I had a look but couldn't find any comparisons of the MTK6575 and the U960's MSM8255 does anyone know of any benchmarking thats been done between the two?
khdd8198 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #1290 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilsoares View Post
I've had it for 2 days only and I'm fairly satisfied. As I said some time ago I needed a dual sim with qwerty because I just can't get used to typing on touch screen. The screen't sensitivity is quite good and the tracker actually helps solving the problem on the small screen, because you can use it to chose smaller buttons on apps and navigating on the web. One bad thing is that because the screen has a size that is kindda od for android phones, some apps actually appear size-down on the screen, like you had rotated your phone, only you didn't. Not impossible to use, you just rotate the thing, only a bit annoying.

the only real downside of this phone is internal memory. only 160 Mb. didn't expect it to be much of a problem because I thought i'd install all on the SD card but I found out many apps will not accept it. Haven't tried to root it yet.

I'm also having some problems with the phone reading the few apps I actually managed to install on the SD card, but I don't believe it's a general thing, just my bad luck, because it hasn't been reported widely.

I dunno about dual active... I really don't bother that much about that feature and I haven't tried. I'll let you know when I figure it out.
Some updates on my opinion:
1) figured the problem I was having was the SD card I was using; changed it and the problem was gone.

2) the phone is dual stand-by; only, as I said, that is not an issue for me, so I'm still satisfied.

3) after a week of use, I can tell that the battery life is quite ok, like most android I have to recharge everyday but when the night comes I still have some battery left, and I let the 3g on all the day long.
Cecilsoares is offline  
Last edited by Cecilsoares; April 16th, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #1291 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khdd8198 View Post
Thanks to The Solutor for the info on the CPU's it seems it's not as simple as mere CPU speed as the A750 T328w and U960 are all 1Ghz. It inspired me to have a bit more of a dig around and I found an interesting link that compares the Lenovo A750 Cpu MTK6575 with the HTC T328w Wind MSM7227A.

Photo: '000 Mobile CPU contention MTK6575 MSM7227A contrast - Technology News

Personally I would prefer the HTC just as I'm aware of the brand but price and this article seem to be pushing me back to the Lenovo A750.

I had a look but couldn't find any comparisons of the MTK6575 and the U960's MSM8255 does anyone know of any benchmarking thats been done between the two?
CPU speed is one thing, but it depends greatly on how manufacturers optimized the hardware for the OS.

ICS unlike previous versions of android supports hardware acceleration, and from what i gathered so far in other HTC phones, Sense 4.0 + ICS has been very well rendered to utilize the hardware acceleration. This probably means that little MSM7227A should work it's ass off, assuming HTC is not dropping standard for this "Wind" series.

MTK6575 is probably a slightly better processor than MSM7227A in most tests. However, Lenovo A750 was released with Android 2.3. Not that I have anything against Gingerbread, but I would assume the hardware utilization in A750 will not be as good as the HTC's latest units simply because it was not released to sport ICS at launch. Similarly, that 1GHz in U960 will probably not be as efficient as the HTC t328w.

The HTC unit should be launched on 20Apr, I ll run some test once i got this phone. I have a Galaxy Nexus and a Moto XT532 so will test against those two.
kingcedz is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kingcedz For This Useful Post:
DaniSP (June 2nd, 2012)
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #1292 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcedz View Post
CPU speed is one thing, but it depends greatly on how manufacturers optimized the hardware for the OS.

ICS unlike previous versions of android supports hardware acceleration, and from what i gathered so far in other HTC phones, Sense 4.0 + ICS has been very well rendered to utilize the hardware acceleration. This probably means that little MSM7227A should work it's ass off, assuming HTC is not dropping standard for this "Wind" series.

MTK6575 is probably a slightly better processor than MSM7227A in most tests. However, Lenovo A750 was released with Android 2.3. Not that I have anything against Gingerbread, but I would assume the hardware utilization in A750 will not be as good as the HTC's latest units simply because it was not released to sport ICS at launch. Similarly, that 1GHz in U960 will probably not be as efficient as the HTC t328w.

The HTC unit should be launched on 20Apr, I ll run some test once i got this phone. I have a Galaxy Nexus and a Moto XT532 so will test against those two.
Eagerly awaiting those tests and your review, you own a Galaxy Nexus which is a good phone, and you own the XT532 which in my opinion is a disappointment.
Best DUAL SIM android phone?

So I'm interested in hearing what you'll say.

Thanks.
RoamingHawK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #1293 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 54
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwel View Post
Why did you not install the new ROM? It helps you to relax your nerves
it's true..experienced
chamaruco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #1294 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khdd8198 View Post
Thanks to The Solutor for the info on the CPU's it seems it's not as simple as mere CPU speed as the A750 T328w and U960 are all 1Ghz. It inspired me to have a bit more of a dig around and I found an interesting link that compares the Lenovo A750 Cpu MTK6575 with the HTC T328w Wind MSM7227A.
Indeed interesting link, thanks

Quote:
Personally I would prefer the HTC just as I'm aware of the brand but price and this article seem to be pushing me back to the Lenovo A750.
Lenovo is a way bigger and older brand than HTC but HTC has is experience focused only in smarphones, ZTE is also a cellular network builder.

So is a good fight between the three.

Quote:
I had a look but couldn't find any comparisons of the MTK6575 and the U960's MSM8255 does anyone know of any benchmarking thats been done between the two?
I bleliev would be relatively easy to find a comparison between A snapdragon S1 and a Snapdragon S2.

Btw keep in mind that a smartphone is not just a pocketable computer, is also a phone and a battery.

Now we are aware how the ZTE is performing on those sections (very well), but the power consumption, the signal sensitivity, the audio quality are still open question for both lenovo and HTC phones.

For example many HTC phones including the Desire Z and the Nexus one I had had poor sensitivity and weak audio.

Keep also in mind that since today the ZTE is safely overclocable to 1.4Ghz
(the 8255T level,and maybe more), while no one was able to overclock the old generation of MTK SOCs.



For the record this is the quadrant result given by the phone at 1.4Ghz


The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #1295 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

this is my last quandrant result
shot_000005.jpg
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 05:40 AM   #1296 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

just realized the HTC t328w (and other 2) are marketed under the "Desire" brand series name and at the same time it's also called "Wind" in Chinese and code named "Dragon", a bit odd and confusing since HTC said they are unifying everything under the "One" brand globally.

Anyway, here is the model list in case anyone else is looking for specific handset.

Desire VT: HTC T328T, Single Sim, GSM/TD-SCDMA, Custom Made for China Mobile.
(Don't get this one, TD-SCDMA is useless outside China.)

Desire VC: HTC T328D, Dual Sim, GSM + CDMA2000, Custom Made for China Telecom.
(Don't get this one unless you are only using it in CDMA enabled country. Even if you do, there are many other much more powerful GSM+CDMA2000 dual sim out there.)

Desire V: HTC T328W, Dual Sim, GSM + WCDMA, Custom Made for China Unicom. This is the version to go for.
(China Unicom is also the vendor for Lenovo A60 and A750, therefore we could expect some consistency.)
kingcedz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:26 AM   #1297 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I'm waiting for a learned Brave soul to test the new T328W phone and compare it to existing phones before I get it.

I've upgrade the XT532 to the newest ROM, I haven't had a black screen issue or signal drop after I've upgraded, and actually I feel the phone became more responsive.

I would like to ask the U960 owners, what are the drawbacks of the device?
RoamingHawK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:50 AM   #1298 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcedz View Post
just realized the HTC t328w (and other 2) are marketed under the "Desire" brand series name and at the same time it's also called "Wind" in Chinese and code named "Dragon", a bit odd and confusing since HTC said they are unifying everything under the "One" brand globally.

Anyway, here is the model list in case anyone else is looking for specific handset.

Desire VT: HTC T328T, Single Sim, GSM/TD-SCDMA, Custom Made for China Mobile.
(Don't get this one, TD-SCDMA is useless outside China.)

Desire VC: HTC T328D, Dual Sim, GSM + CDMA2000, Custom Made for China Telecom.
(Don't get this one unless you are only using it in CDMA enabled country. Even if you do, there are many other much more powerful GSM+CDMA2000 dual sim out there.)

Desire V: HTC T328W, Dual Sim, GSM + WCDMA, Custom Made for China Unicom. This is the version to go for.
(China Unicom is also the vendor for Lenovo A60 and A750, therefore we could expect some consistency.)
I took a look at HTC T328W indeed the specification, size and look seems
good to me, and it comes with ICS. Only question is whether this phone
have the same problem like other dual sim phone, when SIM1 online data
access can SIM2 accept incoming call or not
cybermall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:25 AM   #1299 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermall View Post
I took a look at HTC T328W indeed the specification, size and look seems
good to me, and it comes with ICS. Only question is whether this phone
have the same problem like other dual sim phone, when SIM1 online data
access can SIM2 accept incoming call or not
Not sure if I shared ur worry on this, I ve never had problem with any of the dual sims I owned in the past regarding data connection on 1 sim and calls on another.

If u are talking about sim 1 on a call and sim 2 will be disabled, then I m pretty sure this is the case for T328W as the phone only has 1 radio.
kingcedz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:33 AM   #1300 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcedz View Post
Not sure if I shared ur worry on this, I ve never had problem with any of the dual sims I owned in the past regarding data connection on 1 sim and calls on another.

If u are talking about sim 1 on a call and sim 2 will be disabled, then I m pretty sure this is the case for T328W as the phone only has 1 radio.
I have had a B63M and I can say that on that phone when you are with data connection on on sim1 the second sim is unreachable ... If the T328W has only one radio module I think that is the same for it ...
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Lounge > Device/Carrier Comparisons
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/device-carrier-comparisons/73649-best-dual-sim-android-phone.html
Posted By For Type Date
DX900 competitors - ACER Users / ETEN Users Forum - Page 40 This thread Refback April 3rd, 2012 02:16 PM
User Manual Free Download — Gadget Owner's manual This thread Refback January 2nd, 2012 11:40 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.