Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Lounge > Device/Carrier Comparisons

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree36Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #1351 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
ReDDs3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 82
 
Device(s): HTC t328w DESIRE V (Current), HTC Imagio (retired, used in will it blend experiment) Droid X (retir
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcedz View Post
u r welcome.

The t328w is really a rather nice phone. I find it hard to go back to Moto XT532 after using the t328w for a few days. The Sense 4.0 runs very smoothly over ICS on this little thing. The phone is marketed as "Desire V", but really, the t328w is clearly a dual-sim variation of the HTC One series.

This is the first attempt from HTC at a Dual Sim Andriod device, and I think it's quite well done (especially for this price range). Who knows, maybe we ll see an international version of this phone or even better, a version based of One X.
Well, I got it rooted, removed all the possible bloatware, and freed up about 40MB of potential RAM. Really nice actually.

*OH and one thing I've noticed on this phone; maybe it's just me, but the battery is incredible for a dual sim phone. I always have both networks connected, and in a 12 hour period (7:00am to 7:00pm) under moderately light use (a good amount of texting, very, very light gaming, about 10 minutes a day, lot's of FLAC music playing, and some little browsing) and at the end of that 12 hour period, I still end up having about 60% to 70% battery left ^__^

Do you know if I can use ONE V Rom's on this phone...? Or does it have it's own rome..? I'm looking for the Galaxy Nexus ROM (Stock Android 4.0.3)...

ReDDs3D is offline  
Last edited by ReDDs3D; May 24th, 2012 at 05:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:07 AM   #1352 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
The new zopo looks really promising, even better than the lenovo a750, we need a guinea pig who test them
I'd love to test it out completely, but the one I received appears to have a faulty Gyroscope and Magnetic Field Sensor...

Don't suppose anyone can help me out on this??
Charlieboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #1353 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

One question regarding t328w. Is it really an HTC product? Or just an unofficial attempt to make a dual sim android phone?
I'm just asking because I can't find it in any official HTC website (I mean from any country).

Also one more question to someone of you who have more experience with this argument, can you provide a ranking (in your opinion) of the best dual sim android phones describing the most important features (advantages and disadvantages) of each one?

3) what about viewsonic? they are going to release new dual sim android but no more information on the websites!
gromano81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #1354 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromano81 View Post
One question regarding t328w. Is it really an HTC product? Or just an unofficial attempt to make a dual sim android phone?
I'm just asking because I can't find it in any official HTC website (I mean from any country).

Also one more question to someone of you who have more experience with this argument, can you provide a ranking (in your opinion) of the best dual sim android phones describing the most important features (advantages and disadvantages) of each one?

3) what about viewsonic? they are going to release new dual sim android but no more information on the websites!
t328w is a genuine HTC product. The reason its not on HTC website is because this is a phone custom made-to-order for China Unicom, therefore not marketed directly under HTC's own marketing channels. It's completely HTC but China Unicom has the influence on requested features and apps (hence the restriction on Google Apps for the stock version)

the ranking of best dual sim android is very subjective to personal opinion. The popular choice for dual GSM at the moment seems to be Lenovo A60, Viewsonic V350, Lenovo A750, ZTE U960, Motorola XT532, HTC t328w.

Viewsonic has a series of new dual sim coming up (the 4s, 4e and 5e), its supposed to be released in June and based of ICS. I suspect it wont hit the market till year end.
kingcedz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #1355 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDDs3D View Post
Well, I got it rooted, removed all the possible bloatware, and freed up about 40MB of potential RAM. Really nice actually.

*OH and one thing I've noticed on this phone; maybe it's just me, but the battery is incredible for a dual sim phone. I always have both networks connected, and in a 12 hour period (7:00am to 7:00pm) under moderately light use (a good amount of texting, very, very light gaming, about 10 minutes a day, lot's of FLAC music playing, and some little browsing) and at the end of that 12 hour period, I still end up having about 60% to 70% battery left ^__^

Do you know if I can use ONE V Rom's on this phone...? Or does it have it's own rome..? I'm looking for the Galaxy Nexus ROM (Stock Android 4.0.3)...
i doubt u can use the ONE V Rom directly because of the lack of dual sim support. However, I do think there s lots of similarity between the stock ONE V and t328w due to the hardware specs similarity. In fact, that's probably why t328w is marketed as HTC Desire V. I m not smart enough to port the dual sim support onto One V Roms, hopefully someone else is.

The battery life in this puppy is phenomenal. Mine lasted for over 4 days since the last charge.
kingcedz is offline  
Last edited by kingcedz; May 26th, 2012 at 02:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #1356 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

The T328W is listed on the HTC official Chinese website under the name Desire V.
HTC

To be honest I have three qualms with the phone, the lack or the front camera, I don't use it much, but why at this price point they would remove the front camera is beyond me.
Also the lack of the Compass sensor and orientation sensor, I mean, WTF, the XT532 which is inferior to this phone have these features.
Also the phone is kinda sluggish, but I think if we got a recovery working a sense(less) rom would remedy that.
RoamingHawK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #1357 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi all thanks for the information on the T328w I'am considering buying this phone and was looking for information and I found this thread an usefull source.

I have one question about Dual-Sim behavoir of this (or in general) phone. I want to have a dual-sim to be able to use the phone privatly and for business.

Therefore I will dial some contacts with sim1 and some contacts with sim2. Can i setup a contact in my phonebook to dial with a certain simcard when I dial their number? So I don't have to choose a sim card everytime I dial a number? Or is there any app that I can dowload which will give me this kind of functionality?

I can't find an answer to this question anywhere.

Many thanks for your help.
janp1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #1358 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janp1980 View Post
Hi all thanks for the information on the T328w I'am considering buying this phone and was looking for information and I found this thread an usefull source.

I have one question about Dual-Sim behavoir of this (or in general) phone. I want to have a dual-sim to be able to use the phone privatly and for business.

Therefore I will dial some contacts with sim1 and some contacts with sim2. Can i setup a contact in my phonebook to dial with a certain simcard when I dial their number? So I don't have to choose a sim card everytime I dial a number? Or is there any app that I can dowload which will give me this kind of functionality?

I can't find an answer to this question anywhere.

Many thanks for your help.
Unfortunately No, there is no set a sim for contact feature.
There is a feature to set the default sim for dialing. For normal operation you select a number and then you have the option to either dial through sim1 or sim2, You can also rename the sim 1 slot or the sim2 slot. (with a maximum of 5 letters though)
RoamingHawK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #1359 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Good news, There is now a recovery image for the T328W.
Alas it's in Chinese so I can't understand anything written in the recovery screen.
源动力首发HTC 新渴望 t328w t328t *文recovery5.5.0.4刷机工具 - Powered by Discuz!
I asked for an English translation of the image, lets see how this goes.
RoamingHawK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #1360 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks RoamingHawk hopefully in the future they add this kind of flexibility. Choosing sim when dialing is generally OK it will avoid calling a company contact on your private sim or the other way arround. However I do wonder how it will work with my carkit which uses my phones addressbook throuh a bluetooth connection. It won't know which sim to choose when dialing.
janp1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #1361 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janp1980 View Post
Thanks RoamingHawk hopefully in the future they add this kind of flexibility. Choosing sim when dialing is generally OK it will avoid calling a company contact on your private sim or the other way arround. However I do wonder how it will work with my carkit which uses my phones addressbook throuh a bluetooth connection. It won't know which sim to choose when dialing.
You set a default sim, I think it would use that sim.
RoamingHawK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #1362 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 54
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos - Full phone specifications

3gb of internal memory
little battery..
chamaruco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #1363 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: HYDERABAD
Gender: Male
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): LEMON P5
Carrier: VODAFONE

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default flash x18i

dear sir,
i am vasudev from hyderabad
i bought x18i dual sim android(android 2.3.4) mobile over net...
rooted with superoneclick....
i want flash it with custom rom but failing with signature verification

can u please guide me how to install clockworkmod recovery and toggle signature verification and install a new rom
or sign the rom
and also how to sp flash tool to install rom (android 4.0.3)

i searched but could not find a easy way
looking for your reply
vasu
kingvasudev is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #1364 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi guys, a little help for an Android novice if you can please!

I'm very interested in the HTC T328w Wind but just have a few questions before taking the plunge with etotalk.com.

I currently have an iPhone 4S and a Galaxy Y Pro Duos. However, the Galaxy Y is far too slow for my liking but I really need the dual SIM functionality. I also previously had a Viewsonic V350 but the less said about the handset, the better. The videos of the T328w in action on the etotalk website look very promising indeed.

As I am mainly an iPhone user, I have almost zero knowledge on Android rooting and custom ROMs etc. I've read the guides on here and on xda forums and I'm not sure if I have the experience or patience to dabble in such dark arts. If I purchase the handset from etotalk, I guess I will also have to purchase their 'Unlocked and Rooted' service ($3.99) and most probably the 'Android Market/Google Play installation ($2.99). However, they also offer preinstalled apps for a cost, e.g. Flash Player ($1.99), Whatsapp ($0.99). But if they have already installed Google Play for me, surely I can download and install such apps myself right? Or maybe not? Is there more to installing such apps because of the phone being rooted?

Finally, I've read all the issues regarding Google accounts not being able to sync. What implications does this have for me? Considering that I do not use Gmail, will the lack of being able to sync affect me in any other way?

Cheers guys.
mannyp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #1365 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp View Post
Hi guys, a little help for an Android novice if you can please!

I'm very interested in the HTC T328w Wind but just have a few questions before taking the plunge with etotalk.com.

I currently have an iPhone 4S and a Galaxy Y Pro Duos. However, the Galaxy Y is far too slow for my liking but I really need the dual SIM functionality. I also previously had a Viewsonic V350 but the less said about the handset, the better. The videos of the T328w in action on the etotalk website look very promising indeed.


The U960, the best dual sim phone so far, is in between the power of an iphone 3GS and and iphone 4, the HTC wind should be slightly less powerfull: older CPU/GPU, (supposedly) more optimized SW.

The galaxy Y and the viewsonic are crap arm V6 devices equipped with cpu good only for basic tasks.

Quote:
Or maybe not? Is there more to installing such apps because of the phone being rooted?
usually thiose are very basic operations, for a decently skilled user, but can be hard to accomplish for a novice. In short it's all about You.


P.S. as iphone user you may consider the gmate (now compatible with android too), not as handy as a real dual sim phone, but you can use it with your actual smartphone, and you can get a virtual DSFA dual sim device (like the U960).

Someone tested it also with an U960 making a Trial SIM Trial Active phone..
__________________
Looking for easy instructions to get your ZTE-U960 updated to the 02B08 ROM ? Take a look here
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #1366 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Just a quick update regarding the Zopo ZP-200.

If you do have your heart set on this handset, wait for the Android 4.0 update. Also, the battery life is as poor as they say. If you're going on long travels and need to use it regularly, I would avoid it. Zopo have a battery clip. However, this isn't working. Apparently the company are working on a fix - but I'm not holding my breath.

I also have a few sensor problems on my handset - etotalk have been rather unhelpful with their after-sales service and insist that it is probably a firmware issues and other users have this problem. Again, I'm uncertain and pretty dubious. Whenever I ask about a replacement or exchange, I get the request either avoided or ignored.

Once the few qualms are settled regarding the magnetic field sensor and gravity sensor are sorted, I will make a larger post on my thoughts on it. Overall, it's a lovely phone and works nicely. But I imagine there are better ones to buy with the money. Part of me wishes I had got the A750 or the new ZTE...
Charlieboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #1367 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

A quick update after using the t328w: nothing wrong to report. The phone functions as it should be and the added google sync works incredibly well, all the contact, calendar apps syncs with google accounts very smoothly. The only potential issues I have noticed are the following:
1) the lack of front facing camera could be potentially problematic for people that uses video calls
2) the screen is a little sensitive to touch
3) there are now custom recovery made for this phone, but most of the dev work are Chinese based.

Overall, I m happy about this phone and has stopped using my Moto XT328 altogether. So much so, I bought 3 units of t328w for my family. I m going to stick to this phone until something better comes along.
kingcedz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #1368 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks kingcedz for sharing your experience with the T328W. I ordered this phone and expecting it next week. I saw rumours on the internet that HTC will start marketing this phone in Europe starting in Ukraine. This would enlarge the english userbase and this may likely improve English based development.
janp1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #1369 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janp1980 View Post
Thanks kingcedz for sharing your experience with the T328W. I ordered this phone and expecting it next week. I saw rumours on the internet that HTC will start marketing this phone in Europe starting in Ukraine. This would enlarge the english userbase and this may likely improve English based development.
I m absolutely not surprised if they release a European version. The google sync is so easily adaptable after manual installation, its almost as if the phone was built with it in mind. All the apps that could work with google sync works with google sync easily after the modification. It's also easy to see the similarity between this phone and HTC One V.

Also, any users of Dropbox will be give bonus 23gb space for 2 yr after install Dropbox app on the t328w. This is part of the HTC sense 4.0 Dropbox promotion.
kingcedz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #1370 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcedz View Post
I m absolutely not surprised if they release a European version.


A week after the announchement of the Ucranian release, I'm not surprised too
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #1371 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcedz View Post

Strongly disagree.


The phone is custom made for Chinese market, but that alone doesnt make it a bad phone.

Bootloader unlock: The phone bootloader can be unlocked by from the official HTCDev. Afterall, it is a genuine HTC, and very easy to unlock (and lock) bootloader.

Root: The root has already been available since early May, it is literally one software, a click of button 3 reboot and job done. Very Straightforward.

Google Apps: extremely easy to add, took me 5mins to do it, Gmail, Google Play, Youtube..the whole package. The only thing you can't do on this phone is add a Google Account under Account & Sync, but it doesnt hinder any of the google apps functions.

Bloatware: there are quite a few as it is afterall a custom made phone for China Unicom. However, it's very easy to remove since the root is already available, so not a problem at all.

Dev support: The Dev support at the moment is mainly from the domestic Devs. I have raised the phone in russian andriod forum that did the Lenovo A60 Rom and some interest are building up. The t328w is a very straightforward easily rooted/developed phone! The only shortcoming at this stage as far as dev support is concerned is the lack of 3rd party Recovery for this particular model. Bear in mind the t328d already has a Custom Recovery, so really, just a matter of time.

Screen: I dont have any more problem as far as scratch is concerned, compared with my iPhone, Galaxy Nexus, or Moto532XT, and this phone cost far less than any of those.

Camera: agree that camera is not that good, and lack of front facing camera like the XT532. Frankly speaking, i dont really use camera on phone so this is not a problem for me.

What I do have problem with:
1) i seem to have issue with receiving SMS on line 2. It could well be my sim as my line 2 is a roaming sim. I ll report further when i have the chance to test it more thouroughly.

2) when i first insert the sims, it took the phone several reboot to recognized both sim cards. not sure why as I cant seem to be able to replicate the problem.

2) when one line is in used (text, call etc), the other line is disabled for that short moment. I think this is the same with most dual sim phone (such as Moto 532), but the signal on 2nd line of the HTC drop straight to zero when 1st line is in used.

In summary:
This is not a bad phone at all. and there is definitely root! and most problems can be resolved easily.

Hope this helps.
I just got this phone too. Its a nice phone. However you make it seem that it was really easy to add the Google apps. Including google market.

I have been scouring the web on how to install these.

Can you please share your method?

thanks
lcavada is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 04:15 AM   #1372 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Just a quick question regarding the HTC t328w, does it support WhatsApp? This is a critical application (at least for me) and the main reason I stopped using my Lenovo P70 (due to regional limitation WhatsApp does NOT install.. )

Only place to get one seems to be Etowalk, does anybody know a European seller?
ThiPaX40 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #1373 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiPaX40 View Post
Just a quick question regarding the HTC t328w, does it support WhatsApp? This is a critical application (at least for me) and the main reason I stopped using my Lenovo P70 (due to regional limitation WhatsApp does NOT install.. )

Only place to get one seems to be Etowalk, does anybody know a European seller?
EtoTalk has an option to get whatsapp preinstalled.
This Dutch website advertises it will get the T328w in stock, expecting more info on the 20th of june. Although the price is 50% higher then EtoTalk. (which is understandable I think because EU consumer law is probably more strict, and their supplier probably just is a Chinese reseller and not the manufacturer.)

HTC T328w Wind 3G Dual SIM Android 4.0"WVGA Smartphone Wifi GPS

The do EU shipments (for EU shipments they charge 13 euro)
janp1980 is offline  
Last edited by janp1980; June 14th, 2012 at 04:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #1374 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

This really help me out actually i am also planing to buy a dual one and got some good points. Cheers
chrisluger2012 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #1375 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Slovakia, Bratislava
Posts: 14
 
Device(s): Samsung B5702 Duos, Samsung Galaxy S Duos
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hello.
Havent seen information, if the HTC Desire V/Wind/T328W is DSA or just standby. Does anybody now? A few users of it are here, so I hope the answer will be no problem.
titomi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #1376 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Titomi, it is dual standby.


Yesterday I received the T328w unit (white). It looks beatifull I hesitated to put on the rubber case although with my history of damaging phone's I put it on anyway.

First impression is really good. In normal operation the sytem is fast it has run smooth all the time. I don't have problems with the sensivity of the screen. The screen looks nice!

The only problem I have is the charger. It doesn't seem to charge my phone from the wall outlet. Although it sais it can operate between 100V-240V, our voltage in the Netherlands is 230V. Could either be a damaged part or maybe somehow the adapter is not suitable for Europe. It doesn't really matter I have a lot of USB charging options and the cable is ok.

When ordering from Etotalk all documentation comes in Chinese and also some Chinese program's are installed en some settings are to be changed because some OS parts were still in Chinese. Could be challenging for non-technical users, although if you are generally self supporting with computers you won't have problems setting up the device.
janp1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to janp1980 For This Useful Post:
titomi (June 15th, 2012)
Old June 15th, 2012, 03:36 AM   #1377 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcavada View Post
I just got this phone too. Its a nice phone. However you make it seem that it was really easy to add the Google apps. Including google market.

I have been scouring the web on how to install these.

Can you please share your method?

thanks
There were links in previous posts for the method by others. I ll try to post something when I m back from travelling.

The basic steps are:

1) unlock bootloader with HTCDev
2) Root with specific tools (u can find it on most Chinese android forums for t328w)
3) copy and paste google app files to root directory and change permission
4) reboot and it should work.

There are a few post from others earlier on about the tools required for this.
kingcedz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #1378 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiPaX40 View Post
Just a quick question regarding the HTC t328w, does it support WhatsApp? This is a critical application (at least for me) and the main reason I stopped using my Lenovo P70 (due to regional limitation WhatsApp does NOT install.. )

Only place to get one seems to be Etowalk, does anybody know a European seller?
Yes u can install whatsapp on this.
kingcedz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #1379 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
A week after the announchement of the Ucranian release, I'm not surprised too
Not seen the announcement until now. Anyway it's good. Probably people should wait for the European version to save the hassle with installing google apps.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/07/htc-desire-v-dual-sim-smartphone/
kingcedz is offline  
Last edited by kingcedz; June 15th, 2012 at 03:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #1380 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default T328W with whatsapp on 2nd sim card

Does anyone know?
I have whatsapp installed, and it only seems to work when WIFI is connected. 3G internet is working. Although the 3G internet is connected on the first sim card (with dataplan) and whatsapp uses the phone number of the 2nd sim card. Is that a problem?

<problem solved : My 3G connection is just very poor. Whatsapp works.>
janp1980 is offline  
Last edited by janp1980; June 20th, 2012 at 06:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 16th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #1381 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I tried to flash my Lenovo A60 from 2.3.3 to 2.3.5. It was successful but i have a lot of chinese apps, No Android Market, Seems like phone is not rooted. I updated it thinking that GPS would work but i have made my phone into a chinese phone! Guys I bought this from etotalk.com and they are not responding to my requests. Guys i need to Root the phone and install Gmail and Market... request anybody to help me please !!
cha_indian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #1382 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Confused T328W

My T328W came with OS version 1.35.

Recently it got an OTS update to 1.56.

This happened while i was in process to unlock boot-loader, root the phone, and begin installation of gaps.

Now the phone seems to be in "NEVER NEVER land". I cant do much with it. WIFI and Bluetooth are not working.

I can readily lock and unlock the boot-loader.

The security is on. S-ON.

I want to go back to 1.35 (factory shipped version) but cannot as different errors come up when trying ton install RUU. I do have the original version RUU it shipped with.

There seems to be much confusion as to how install this orignal RUU. S-ON or should it be OFF. How do i turn it OFF.

BASICALLY

I want to get the phone completely back to shipped version. So then i can begin the root, and gaps installation.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
lcavada is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 02:47 AM   #1383 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cha_indian View Post
I tried to flash my Lenovo A60 from 2.3.3 to 2.3.5. It was successful but i have a lot of chinese apps, No Android Market, Seems like phone is not rooted. I updated it thinking that GPS would work but i have made my phone into a chinese phone! Guys I bought this from etotalk.com and they are not responding to my requests. Guys i need to Root the phone and install Gmail and Market... request anybody to help me please !!
Visit this forum:

http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14556&start=1960
pirracas77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pirracas77 For This Useful Post:
cha_indian (June 21st, 2012)
Old June 20th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #1384 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Dual Sim Active

Hey Guys,

Are there any Android phones out there that are dual sim active?

Thanks
babatunde23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #1385 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babatunde23 View Post
Hey Guys,

Are there any Android phones out there that are dual sim active?

Thanks

ZTE-U960 is the only DSFA android phone available on the market.

A gmate/gmate+ coupled with a monosim Android smarphone or iphone is the only possible alternative.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #1386 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi from Greece. My previous phone was a samung galaxy s, so i want to buy a new dual sim mobile phone with a good screen (responce-resolution).
1. Lenovo A750 (probably best value, cost-perfomance)
2. ZTE U960
3. HTC T328.
I don't know if 2&3 deserves the extra cost. I will appreciate any opinion or suggestion. Thanks.
achillesgk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #1387 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesgk View Post
Hi from Greece. My previous phone was a samung galaxy s, so i want to buy a new dual sim mobile phone with a good screen (responce-resolution).
1. Lenovo A750 (probably best value, cost-perfomance)
2. ZTE U960
3. HTC T328.
I don't know if 2&3 deserves the extra cost. I will appreciate any opinion or suggestion. Thanks.
Dual radio aside, where the u960 is in it's own class, surely the A750 is not a bad choice, but if you want to compare apples with apples you should consider the A780, that is powered by a Snapdragon SOC like the option 2 and 3
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #1388 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
Dual radio aside, where the u960 is in it's own class, surely the A750 is not a bad choice, but if you want to compare apples with apples you should consider the A780, that is powered by a Snapdragon SOC like the option 2 and 3
Thanks but "etotalk" says:

a750 or a780 (from: ?)
1- for cpu which phone do you recommend us a750 or a780
2- when we dedice to update to android 4.0 which phone will work better in android 4.0 (a750 or a780)

Reply:
1. A750 CPU is better.
2. A750.

so A780 is not my choise, perhaps P700 (ips screen) but it costs almost than ZTE.
achillesgk is offline  
Last edited by achillesgk; June 20th, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #1389 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesgk View Post
Thanks but "etotalk" says:

a750 or a780 (from: ?)
1- for cpu which phone do you recommend us a750 or a780
2- when we dedice to update to android 4.0 which phone will work better in android 4.0 (a750 or a780)
1 On cellphones the so called CPU is not just the CPU, it's almost the whole phone. And is true the CPU part is slighty more powerfull on the A750, but that is not true for the reception side, the battery charging side and so on.

If you compare a 2000cc KIA car with a 1800cc BMW car, the latter is still (by far) the better of the two, that doesent mean that the former is a crap car.

2 i believe this is a draw, there are already a lot of phones already upgraded from both worlds.

That said keep in mind that, often, the replies from etotalk are based on their convenience (profit margin, rom avilability, number of phones in stock, and so on...)

Quote:
so A780 is not my choise, perhaps P700 (ips screen) but it costs almost than ZTE.
practically any cellpgone and tablet is equipped with an IPS screen (or similar wide angle viewing technology PVA, AFFS...), no matter if stated or not.

The old TN panels are confined on netbooks and notebooks where, supposedly, you look at the screen always from a definite direction.

Then there are good and bad TN panels, and there are good and bad IPS ones.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #1390 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
1 On cellphones the so called CPU is not just the CPU, it's almost the whole phone. And is true the CPU part is slighty more powerfull on the A750, but that is not true for the reception side, the battery charging side and so on.

If you compare a 2000cc KIA car with a 1800cc BMW car, the latter is still (by far) the better of the two, that doesent mean that the former is a crap car.

2 i believe this is a draw, there are already a lot of phones already upgraded from both worlds.

That said keep in mind that, often, the replies from etotalk are based on their convenience (profit margin, rom avilability, number of phones in stock, and so on...)



practically any cellpgone and tablet is equipped with an IPS screen (or similar wide angle viewing technology PVA, AFFS...), no matter if stated or not.

The old TN panels are confined on netbooks and notebooks where, supposedly, you look at the screen always from a definite direction.

Then there are good and bad TN panels, and there are good and bad IPS ones.
Thanks again. What's your opinion? (if i ignore the cost)
achillesgk is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 20th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #1391 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesgk View Post
Thanks again. What's your opinion? (if i ignore the cost)
I just bought an A750 for my daughter, for what she must do, looking at the price and quality, I think it's more than acceptable ... and there are many roms around ... I chose between Arcapel AS1, Zopo ZP100, V760 ZTE, Lenovo A750 .. and so on ...
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:47 AM   #1392 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

guys, is there a way to stop the display of post call summary ? My phone has a 2G data connection and after every 30min i get a summary of how much data was used and the cost. I have subscribed for 6months of data plan that is unlimited and i don't want to see how much i have used every half hour. Nokia phones have a switch to switch off the call summary but i haven't seen this feature on any Android.... wonder why such a simple thing is left out of dev? Does anyone know how to stop this ?
cha_indian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:31 AM   #1393 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesgk View Post
Thanks again. What's your opinion? (if i ignore the cost)
My personal opionion is that I've invested 300 euros on a ZTE U-960 and I'm sure I took the right decision the phone has really few things that I consider drawbacks, and has a good mix of fetures that are missing on competitors (dual radio, powerfull CPU, very good audio quality, very good sensistivity, good diplay, decent camera, spare battery and stand alone charger, growing community)

When I bought that phone the next best product was the poor XT532, so was really easy for me to take a decision.

Now thre are alternatives.

Personally I would discard the HTC because the poor camera and the audio quality, which is (usually) not the best HTC feature, it is also more expensive than the ZTE with a less powerfull CPU and the lack of dual radio.

I would discard the A750 too, I consider the design ugly and the lack of flash led a dealbraker

Personally I like a lot the design of the Zopo zp100, and I like a lot the camera button, which is always handy, looks like the phone is decently supported too.

So my suggestion is go for the ZTE if you want the best, go for a MT based phone if you want to spend less money, wait for the huawei shine if you want a brand phone with a powerfull CPU and biger amount of RAM.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:59 PM   #1394 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the Zopo ZP100 and Highly recommend it. The 4.3 inch screen is QHD 960X540 resolution compared to 800x480 pixel resolution of the A750
The Zopo ZP100 has the best bang for the buck feature set at the $200 Price point. They are shipping with ICS now and you can find a decent amount of support on the internet for it.
jtravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:41 AM   #1395 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

HTC T328 already sold outside China and South East Asia side like
Singapore selling from 16 June, Europe markets will be next.
Btw the one available in Singapore stated as HTC T328B, I have
seen letter W and D. What do all these letter after T328 meaning?
Quite tempt to get this phone as I can get at US$210 by re-new
my phone contract for 12 months
cybermall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:59 PM   #1396 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermall View Post
HTC T328 already sold outside China and South East Asia side like
Singapore selling from 16 June, Europe markets will be next.
Btw the one available in Singapore stated as HTC T328B, I have
seen letter W and D. What do all these letter after T328 meaning?
Quite tempt to get this phone as I can get at US$210 by re-new
my phone contract for 12 months

HTC VT T328t (China Mobile) TD-SCDMA - Monosim

HTC VC T328d (China Telecom) CDMA - Dual SIM

HTC V T328w (China Unicom) WCDMA - Dual SIM

Just guessing: T328b is very likely the same as 328W, minus some branding, plus some languages.
The Solutor is offline  
Last edited by The Solutor; June 23rd, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #1397 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
HTC VT T328t (China Mobile) TD-SCDMA - Monosim

HTC VC T328d (China Telecom) CDMA - Dual SIM

HTC V T328w (China Unicom) WCDMA - Dual SIM

Just guessing: T328b is very likely the same as 328W, minus some branding, plus some languages.
You are most likely correct. I can confirm T328b is a WCDMA Dual Sim
and Google Play Store already in there unlike those from China doesn't
come with it. The rest not so sure as I don't have this phone yet.
cybermall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #1398 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermall View Post
You are most likely correct. I can confirm T328b is a WCDMA Dual Sim
and Google Play Store already in there unlike those from China doesn't
come with it. The rest not so sure as I don't have this phone yet.
I can only see t328b on Whymobile singapore's website. is it on sale anywhere else at the moment? The hardware specs seem identical to t328w, this looks like a international version of t328w (and good riddance of those bloody bloatwares...)

i would assume the t328b ROM can be ported to current t328w
kingcedz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #1399 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): HTC One Dual Sim Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

there is a Taiwan version of the T328W ROM out.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=27824509#post27824509
HTC Desire V(

It's safe to say that this rom will be Google Apps enabled. However, it can't be flashed on China version of t328w yet as the CID wont match (having said that, there is way to change the CID to SuperCID), until someone make a ZIP rom that can be flahsed via custom recovery.
kingcedz is offline  
Last edited by kingcedz; June 24th, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #1400 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: HYDERABAD
Gender: Male
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): LEMON P5
Carrier: VODAFONE

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

mine is x18i china mobile with android 2.3.4
today i flashed with mrtb_10 cooked rom and it was succesfully installed
but it stuck in boot
i flashed from sdcard using htc recovery and also rooted
my mistake is i didnot do backup and wipe the data
please help me ... my phone is just showing blue honey bee and nothing else

i am able to go to recovery mode...and even tried to reflash the same ROM but same problem
to my surprise phone is ringing for incoming calls
please help me
kingvasudev is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Lounge > Device/Carrier Comparisons
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/device-carrier-comparisons/73649-best-dual-sim-android-phone.html
Posted By For Type Date
DX900 competitors - ACER Users / ETEN Users Forum - Page 40 This thread Refback April 3rd, 2012 02:16 PM
User Manual Free Download &#8212; Gadget Owner&#039;s manual This thread Refback January 2nd, 2012 11:40 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.