Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Lounge > Device/Carrier Comparisons

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree36Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #151 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

I actually cannot place an order for the v350 because the anti-fraud systems are broken on most European webshops. It's quite a struggle to find a merchant who has an order process that works. It's painful and time-consuming. So I have started a wiki purely for v350 shopping to sort through the rubbish pile of incompetent merchants.

So far, these merchants are unusable: notebook.de, elsner-computer.de, cyberport.de, mercateo.de

Please contribute to that page if you are also picking through merchants trying to find one that "just works".

smurfOnE is offline  
Last edited by smurfOnE; August 9th, 2011 at 08:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #152 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfOnE View Post
Is that phone obsolete? I wonder why maxwesttelecom.com does not have this phone in their online catalog.
Nope, it's brand new, within the last 3 weeks. In fact I was on pre-order waiting for it to be released.
gsmpreacher is offline  
Last edited by gsmpreacher; August 11th, 2011 at 07:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #153 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilsoares View Post
Also I'd worry about baterry life. At least around here, cellphones don't usually come with 2 batteries on the package...
My WT790 did include 2 batteries (2800 mAh) as well as a charger to charge one battery while the other is in the phone.

I agree, I was surprised to see it included 2 batteries. I've only had it for a short time, but battery life with wifi on streaming radio has lasted for hours. So far, I've only had to use 1 battery. It seems that the phone uses almost no battery power in cell standby mode.
gsmpreacher is offline  
Last edited by gsmpreacher; August 11th, 2011 at 07:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:50 AM   #154 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I search a lot of time for a dual sim android phone and the v350 is still not coming i found this one FET T8888 Dual SIM 3G WCDMA Android Smartphone 3.8inch Capacitive
has any one tried it?
dimisx1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #155 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

The site won't load here, but only for the title of the link I'd say it's a GSM-CDMA phone, not dual GSM.

@GSMpreacher: thanks for the info on the battery.
Cecilsoares is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #156 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilsoares View Post
The site won't load here, but only for the title of the link I'd say it's a GSM-CDMA phone, not dual GSM.

@GSMpreacher: thanks for the info on the battery.
Actually, I looked at the site and they are stating that both SIM cards are 3G or GSM. In that regard it would make it superior to the V350. Interesting...
P1rat3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:34 AM   #157 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Take a look on
Highscreen Cosmo DUO

Sorry, the link is on russian. but you could online translator or find some reviews over the web.
Seems like it is 2 -sim cards android based on Qualcomm MSM7227
Android 2.2
Dragon31337 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 08:42 AM   #158 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

In case anyone's interested, another dual GSM android. Only it's not 3G either.

ALCATEL ONE TOUCH - Products - Smartphones - One Touch 890
Cecilsoares is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #159 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

@P1rat3, I managed to load that site on another browser.
you're right, the owner answered one question saying it's dual GSM and dual 3G. that's interesting indeed.

@sexpig have you updated the android version? My bf had some problem similar to that, the interface of some software he was using changed after he updated
Cecilsoares is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #160 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

I tried to order the v350 from 15 different incompetent merchants. They all have issues.

still looking
smurfOnE is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 12th, 2011, 03:34 AM   #161 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfOnE View Post
I tried to order the v350 from 15 different incompetent merchants. They all have issues.

still looking
Have you tried www.expansys.com ?
In the top right corner you can indicate which country you are in and everything should fall into place from there.
A colleague of mine ordered his phone from there last year without any problem.
BTW - although the V350 is listed, they do say they don't have it in stock yet. Also, there is a difference in price between countries.
Pepe_le_Pooh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 04:33 AM   #162 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 59
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default Vat & v350

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfOnE View Post
Most European merchants have not figured out how to properly charge VAT...and when you do find it, it's most likely a merchant who only knows how to charge their national VAT, which is improper if you don't live in that country.
According to Wikipedia the European webshops are doing ok by applying national tax: "Distance sales treatment allows the vendor to apply domestic place of supply rules for determining which member state collects the VAT. This means that VAT is charged at the rate applicable in the exporting member state."

But from you wiki I get the idea you have a European non-German company and would like to order without VAT. If that's the issue, just call a shop to make a special order for you with your non-German VAT number. Can't see a reason why a shop wouldn't agree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfOnE View Post
I actually cannot place an order for the v350 because the anti-fraud systems are broken on most European webshops. It's quite a struggle to find a merchant who has an order process that works. It's painful and time-consuming. So I have started a wiki purely for v350 shopping
That's a great idea. This way we sum up the prices of the V350 at different webpages and their issues, if any. Biggest issue though: the V350 is delayed, again and again .
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmpreacher View Post
I was also looking for a dual-sim gsm android phone to take with me on business in Europe and bought the WT790 (link) from Yippz.

It's a nice 3.5'' Android 2.2 phone with active dual sims that can be on at the same time or selectively. No contract and I got it in 2 days. Specs are pretty decent for an Android phone with no commitment.

Just an FYI for those looking for a nice Android phone.
Looks pretty cheap, $179 and 460MHz cpu. And it's there and deliverable. Just don't really trust the brand, it seems they have Blackberry ripoffs as well. How about Maxwest as a brand? Do they make durable stuff?
drsnuggles is offline  
Last edited by drsnuggles; August 12th, 2011 at 04:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 06:12 AM   #163 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry, I forgot a link to the device I wrote about yesterday:
Highscreen Cosmo DUO

???????????? Android ???????? Highscreen Cosmo DUO ???????? ?? ?????????? ????? | android.mobile-review.com
Android 2.2
Qualcomm MSM7227 @ 600 MHz
256 RAM, 512 ROM,
3,2" screen with 320 x 480 resolution
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR,
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g,
3МР camera w/o autofocus
USB 2.0 (microUSB)
GPS
MicroSDHC (up to 32 Гб).
Dragon31337 is offline  
Last edited by Dragon31337; August 12th, 2011 at 06:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 06:19 AM   #164 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 59
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon31337 View Post
Sorry, I forgot a link to the device I wrote about yesterday:
Highscreen Cosmo DUO

???????????? Android ???????? Highscreen Cosmo DUO ???????? ?? ?????????? ????? | android.mobile-review.com
Android 2.2
Looks good. Google Translate says is costs 6990 rubles = 167 euro.
drsnuggles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #165 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Real prices are about 180 euros.
This is a real retailer:
HIGHSCREEN Cosmo Duo , , 16 .
7525
Dragon31337 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #166 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe_le_Pooh View Post
Have you tried www.expansys.com ?
In the top right corner you can indicate which country you are in and everything should fall into place from there.
A colleague of mine ordered his phone from there last year without any problem.
BTW - although the V350 is listed, they do say they don't have it in stock yet. Also, there is a difference in price between countries.
Expansys is about 25 EUR more than avg, but they're a good choice because they're the only merchant without significant issues. They're also competent enough to defer charging the credit card until the phone is shipped.

So I have an order placed with Expansys as backup.. (which I will cancel if I find a hassle-free site that works for a lower price before Expansys ships something).
smurfOnE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #167 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnuggles View Post
According to Wikipedia the European webshops are doing ok by applying national tax: "Distance sales treatment allows the vendor to apply domestic place of supply rules for determining which member state collects the VAT. This means that VAT is charged at the rate applicable in the exporting member state."
I've heard it's possible to claim back VAT in other countries, but that the refund is not worth the excessive process burden. So if local VAT is charged on an export, the VAT might as well be considered part of the cost.

That's just the rumors I hear. I don't suppose the EU is to a point where I can get a generic universal VAT claim form in my language regardless of the exporting country, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnuggles View Post
But from you wiki I get the idea you have a European non-German company and would like to order without VAT. If that's the issue, just call a shop to make a special order for you with your non-German VAT number. Can't see a reason why a shop wouldn't agree with you.
Is that a normal approach in Europe? I'm so accustomed to online merchants unwilling to give a minute to customers, because the markups are low and they're going for volume. Plus I've lost patience myself for talking to machines and being put on hold, so normally if I have to pick of the phone before the deal is in motion, it becomes a dead deal. Plus in Europe there's the language inconvenience as well.
smurfOnE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #168 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 59
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfOnE View Post
I've heard it's possible to claim back VAT in other countries, but that the refund is not worth the excessive process burden. So if local VAT is charged on an export, the VAT might as well be considered part of the cost.

That's just the rumors I hear. I don't suppose the EU is to a point where I can get a generic universal VAT claim form in my language regardless of the exporting country, is it?
There is a universal service, but for the few euro's you get back I wouldn't bother.
Quote:
Is that a normal approach in Europe? I'm so accustomed to online merchants unwilling to give a minute to customers, because the markups are low and they're going for volume. Plus I've lost patience myself for talking to machines and being put on hold, so normally if I have to pick of the phone before the deal is in motion, it becomes a dead deal. Plus in Europe there's the language inconvenience as well.
I almost never have any problem contacting shops. Some German and all Dutch shops speak English, so that shouldn't hold you back.

Hope that the 15th of August the V350 will be available, as promised by this shop
drsnuggles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #169 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

At last! And from a reputable retailer!!!

Ordered mine last night.......only a short wait!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ViewSonic-V350-Android-Mobile-Phone/dp/B00555IL6K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1313256106&sr=8-3
will_wonka is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to will_wonka For This Useful Post:
P1rat3 (August 15th, 2011)
Old August 13th, 2011, 06:09 PM   #170 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The reason I like Dual Sim phones is because I have a cell phone number for Business and one for Personal. Its easier carrying one cell phone than 2. I got the flytouch 4 from china..(Iphone clone). It wasn't a fancy smart phone. Just a basic java cell phone. That worked flawless until it fell off the dash and into a cup of soda.

I just got myself an A8000 phone yesterday. Volume button is stuck in the up position, and whenever I boot up it goes into factory mode. I rebooted so many times.. It went to factory defaults and my IMEI got erased. Its probably better to eat the costs than ship that damn thing back. It was good when I had it working, but the volume kept getting stuck.
TannyG is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 15th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #171 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_wonka
At last! And from a reputable retailer!!!

Ordered mine last night.......only a short wait!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ViewSonic-V350-Android-Mobile-Phone/dp/B00555IL6K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1313256106&sr=8-3
thanks for the info.

have you received any estimation date yet? because the link says they still don't have any.
Cecilsoares is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #172 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilsoares View Post
thanks for the info.

have you received any estimation date yet? because the link says they still don't have any.
It's interesting that amazon.co.uk said Aug.15, and amazon.de said Oct.15.

Now both sites have removed the ETA. I have updated the v350 seller wiki to reflect this. BTW, I hope everyone finds the new table layout more readable.
smurfOnE is offline  
Last edited by smurfOnE; August 15th, 2011 at 10:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #173 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 59
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default Tricks

Innova24 moved their date from 15th to 18th. Sounds like it is really going to ship at last. Updated the wiki with the info.

There is a review of the V350 where the software appears to be slow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfOnE View Post
It's interesting that amazon.co.uk said Aug.15, and amazon.de said Oct.15.

Now both sites have removed the ETA. I have updated the v350 seller wiki to reflect this. BTW, I hope everyone finds the new table layout more readable.
1000 times more readable, but more difficult for editing. I'm missing a WYSIWYG editor or something. Editing is still doable, but do you have some tricks for me to make editing easier?
drsnuggles is offline  
Last edited by drsnuggles; August 15th, 2011 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:24 PM   #174 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The more I look at it, the more I am starting to prefer the FET T8888 over the v350 -

FET T8888 Dual SIM 3G WCDMA Android Smartphone | MeriMobiles.com

I've got a friend in China who I have asked to try and find one and see what he thinks of it. Hopefully he can find it and report back.
P1rat3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #175 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnuggles View Post
1000 times more readable, but more difficult for editing. I'm missing a WYSIWYG editor or something. Editing is still doable, but do you have some tricks for me to make editing easier?
Yeah that's the problem with wiki tables. There is a plugin being developed that will let you click on a cell and edit it.. or so I hear. When it emerges, howardforums would have to install it on the server.

I suggest getting a firefox plugin to support an external text editor of your choice (eg. emacs.. vi.. notepad). "Mozex" and "its-all-text" both work well.

I may have complicated it by using macros (e.g. "{{someword in braces}}")
smurfOnE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #176 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfOnE View Post
It's interesting that amazon.co.uk said Aug.15, and amazon.de said Oct.15.

Now both sites have removed the ETA. I have updated the v350 seller wiki to reflect this. BTW, I hope everyone finds the new table layout more readable.
Ok, order was placed and est. Delivery was 16 Aug. Having checked, it confirms the item has NOT shipped

The website now states temp out of stock!!! Grrrrr.

Incidentally, Amazon Germany says in stock, but if you check notebooks.de who supply the device thru Amazon, it says no date!!!!!

I will update when I know more
will_wonka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:32 PM   #177 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Please check this out. I just saw this today.

3G WCDMA, Dual Sim Dual Standby, Android 2.3.3, MT6573 650MHz, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Smartphone, Wifi, GPS, FM radio, Multi-touch

Lenovo has launched its second Android smartphone in China with China Unicom. Lenovo A60 is an entry-level smartphone and will be sold for just 959 yuan ($149). Customers can also get it free with a two year contract on monthly plans starting from 96 yuan. Lenovo expects to sell 1 million units of A60 in the six months of launch. Lenovo A60 features a 3.5 inch display, Android 2.3, 3.2 MP camera, and MediaTek chipset MT6573.


Lenovo launches second Android smartphone A60 in China

Lenovo A60 3G Dual Sim Android 2.3 MT6573 [2647] - US$329.00 - Smartphone Professional - EtoTalk
Juan25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 02:25 AM   #178 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Croatia
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Gigabyte Gsmart 1355
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

I do not know what so much fuss about V350?
I use a Gigabyte GSmart G1317 and the mobile phone is excellent. I used the G1310 for a week and is also excellent.
And since yesterday is available G1315, which has the same features as the V350, and who also, I'm sure, is great.
jappa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 05:39 AM   #179 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Where can you safely buy Gigabyte phones. I live in Belgium and we don't have a local dealer.
MatrixCow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #180 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1rat3 View Post
The more I look at it, the more I am starting to prefer the FET T8888 over the v350 -

FET T8888 Dual SIM 3G WCDMA Android Smartphone | MeriMobiles.com

I've got a friend in China who I have asked to try and find one and see what he thinks of it. Hopefully he can find it and report back.
Any news i am very interested about this phone
dimisx1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #181 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Croatia
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Gigabyte Gsmart 1355
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixCow View Post
Where can you safely buy Gigabyte phones. I live in Belgium and we don't have a local dealer.
In Europe:
Czech Republic
France
Hungary
Italy
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Spain
jappa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #182 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimisx1 View Post
Any news i am very interested about this phone
It's going to be at least 2 weeks. My friend is traveling back to China (just outside Shanghai) this week from his annual visit here (Canada). I'll report here once he gets his hands on one.
P1rat3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #183 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan25 View Post
Please check this out. I just saw this today.

3G WCDMA, Dual Sim Dual Standby, Android 2.3.3, MT6573 650MHz, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Smartphone, Wifi, GPS, FM radio, Multi-touch

Lenovo has launched its second Android smartphone in China with China Unicom. Lenovo A60 is an entry-level smartphone and will be sold for just 959 yuan ($149).

I suspect it's a fraud. Lenovo has used A60 to be a notebook. They would not choose another identically named model for a different product. And this thing is in china - not trustworthy.

Google "A60 android site:lenovo.com".. it comes up empty.
smurfOnE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #184 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Laugh

Hi everybody, greetings from Portugal!

I too have been looking for a decent Android dual sim mobile phone (with WiFi and 3G) for long time, and finally, thanks to the new Gigabyte and ViewSonic models, the quest looks to be coming to an end!

In an attempt to have the long ago desired phone with such functionalities, I have bought the Samsung GT-B7722 some months ago, but I returned it not long after, as it had some serious bugs, and also the interface was not very good. Since then I decided not to try any other phones besides Android, as it looks to be be by far the best mobile OS in the market right now.

Nokia is starting to come up with some interesting phones, but still far from the desired functionalities...

I have gone through all the post of this thread since the beginning, and I must say that it has been very enlightening (thank you all!), but I still have some questions in order to decide by one of the phones discussed:

- Which one do you consider better, the Gigabyte GSmart G1315 Skate or the ViewSonic V350?

- What do you consider the major differences between both as well the major advantages / disadvantages of each?

- Is there any other branded model (excluding all chinese clones) that is able to compete with this? (Note that I require dual sim GSM, WiFi and 3G.)

- I could see that the V350 appears to be already available for order, is the G1315 also? Can you recommend where to purchase it from?

- Does anyone already have the G1315 and can review it? (Experience with V350 in order to do comparisson review would be great!)

Well, I think that's pretty much it. After this round, I believe I will be able to decide on what phone to buy.

Thanks in advance for all your feedback!

Cheers,
Hax.
Haxthausen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 12:23 AM   #185 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfOnE View Post
I suspect it's a fraud. Lenovo has used A60 to be a notebook. They would not choose another identically named model for a different product. And this thing is in china - not trustworthy.

Google "A60 android site:lenovo.com".. it comes up empty.
I think it's legit. Check this out from computerworld...Lenovo to release new Le tablet and smartphone in Q3 - Computerworld
Juan25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 02:50 AM   #186 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Btw, following my previous post, do you know of any better upcoming phone that should deserve being waited for, instead of going to the G1315 or even the V350?

Cheers,
Hax.
Haxthausen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 05:12 AM   #187 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Hey guys,

What about the Motorola XT531 / FIRE XT / SPICE XT, have you heard of it? (Official Motorola press releases here and here.)

Looks promising and better than the Gigabyte GSmart G1315 Skate or the ViewSonic V350, what do you think?

Looks like it will start to be generally available this fall, does anyone has additional information?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Hax.
Haxthausen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 08:16 AM   #188 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxthausen View Post
What about the Motorola XT531 / FIRE XT / SPICE XT, have you heard of it? (Official Motorola press releases here and here.)
Looks promising and better than the Gigabyte GSmart G1315 Skate or the ViewSonic V350, what do you think?
Looks like it will start to be generally available this fall, does anyone has additional information?
Looks interesting indeed.
Pity that the dual SIM version will only be sold in Asia.
Pepe
Pepe_le_Pooh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #189 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 59
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan25 View Post
Please check this out. I just saw this today.

3G WCDMA, Dual Sim Dual Standby, Android 2.3.3, MT6573 650MHz, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Smartphone, Wifi, GPS, FM radio, Multi-touch

Lenovo A60 3G Dual Sim Android 2.3 MT6573 [2647] - US$329.00 - Smartphone Professional - EtoTalk
Looks awesome, it's now down to $225 including shipping. It's CPU is faster, it's Android version higher, it's cheaper than the Viewsonic V350 and it seems available.

Is there anything wrong with this phone?
drsnuggles is offline  
Last edited by drsnuggles; August 18th, 2011 at 12:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #190 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnuggles View Post
Looks awesome, it's now down to $225 including shipping. It's CPU is faster, it's Android version higher, it's cheaper than the Viewsonic V350 and it seems available.

Is there anything wrong with this phone?
I wonder what the dual-SIM standby means. Are both SIM cards active at the same time or is one just on standby, requiring you to switch between them. That can take up to 30 seconds if it's the case.
P1rat3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #191 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 126
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1rat3 View Post
I wonder what the dual-SIM standby means. Are both SIM cards active at the same time or is one just on standby, requiring you to switch between them. That can take up to 30 seconds if it's the case.
Dual-SIM standby means that both sim's can be in standby (active/online) at the same time. You can recive and make calls on both cards, you dont need to switch between them.

If you make a call from one card, the other one goes offline while the call is active.
EmilF is offline  
Last edited by EmilF; August 18th, 2011 at 02:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #192 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 126
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnuggles View Post
Looks awesome, it's now down to $225 including shipping. It's CPU is faster, it's Android version higher, it's cheaper than the Viewsonic V350 and it seems available.

Is there anything wrong with this phone?
Note that Lenovo A60 is born without Android Market, but with a "Lenovo Market" that cannot be used outside china, and only has 2000 apps... Not sure if you will be able to install Android Market and get it to work. Be sure to ask the seller first.

My only other note is that it only got 256MB RAM. It is not much. But it might be sufficient.
EmilF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #193 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan25 View Post
I think it's legit. Check this out from computerworld...Lenovo to release new Le tablet and smartphone in Q3 - Computerworld
That's just another article from a journelist who could be as mislead as the others. The so-called "lenovo announcement" links to another site that is not Lenovo. In attempt to sort it out, this is my chat session with a Lenovo rep:
Quote:
*Johnathan Dobbins: Thank you for choosing Lenovo chat service. My name is Jonathan and my rep ID is PM8. What can I help you with today?
me: I noticed on the web there is a "Lenovo A60 android smartphone".. but I think this is a fake product from China. Can you confirm?
me: The A60 on the official lenovo website is a *notebook*, not a phone
*Johnathan Dobbins: I dont know sorry
me: please direct me to a sales person who knows what lenovo makes
*Johnathan Dobbins: No one knows what phones we make, we sell computers here not phones
me: not phones? so all phones labeled lenovo must be fake then, correct?
*Johnathan Dobbins: No not all phones
Thank you for contacting Lenovo. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
Of all model numbers they could have invented, why would they choose one for an existing product? Only a fraudster would do that.
smurfOnE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #194 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It seems that the release for the ViewSonic V350 has been postponed again.
Does anybody know a good webshop where you can buy the GSmart phones and delivers to Belgium?
I'm sick of waiting for ViewSonic to release the V350.

Or does anybody have a good alternative that is available now?
MatrixCow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:23 AM   #195 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe_le_Pooh View Post
Looks interesting indeed.
Pity that the dual SIM version will only be sold in Asia.
Pepe
That sucks!

Annoying that there are no good Dual SIM Android phones avalable.
And it's wierd that when one arives it's only avalable in a few countrys
Qumad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:26 AM   #196 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisone View Post
The release date at DTN is now 21.08.2011. Anyway they only sell to companys and the price is set to 8259,- NOK ex VAT. About 1,062 Euro. Can't see how they will sell many phones with that price.

Does anybody know if I can get Norwegian T9 dictionary if I buy from fx Germany. I don't need the menues to be in Norwegian, but want the T9.
I sendt them an e-mail asking about what price they assume it would be but I got no reply.
If You have got ann accoundt and it says 8259,- NOK ex VAT. that is schocking and will not be anything I could go for with that price.
Qumad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:11 AM   #197 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 126
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfOnE View Post
That's just another article from a journelist who could be as mislead as the others. The so-called "lenovo announcement" links to another site that is not Lenovo. In attempt to sort it out, this is my chat session with a Lenovo rep:


Of all model numbers they could have invented, why would they choose one for an existing product? Only a fraudster would do that.
Well, the A60 is on Lenovo Mobiles webpage (on the front page) www.lenovomobile.com

Product page: ֻ--ֻƷ--A60

So I guess it does not take a fraudster to reuse a product number
EmilF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #198 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilF View Post
Product page: ֻ--ֻƷ--A60
In that case I consider it legit. I've added it to the dual sim android wiki.

The table was getting crowded, so I split it into two tables, one for 3g and one for non-3g.
smurfOnE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #199 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 59
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilF View Post
Note that Lenovo A60 is born without Android Market, but with a "Lenovo Market" that cannot be used outside china, and only has 2000 apps... Not sure if you will be able to install Android Market and get it to work. Be sure to ask the seller first.

My only other note is that it only got 256MB RAM. It is not much. But it might be sufficient.
Two very interesting notes. The seller states that it supports the Android market fully. Don't know what to believe. Somewhere on the internet I found that 256MB with Android 2.3 Gingerbread is a slow combination. A pity, because it's so cheap :P. Thanks for the note!

For everyone with better Chinese than me there is a video of the Lenovo A60. Wonder what the guy in the video says. The phone seems responsive in the video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfOnE View Post
In that case I consider it legit. I've added it to the dual sim android wiki.

The table was getting crowded, so I split it into two tables, one for 3g and one for non-3g.
Nice job!
drsnuggles is offline  
Last edited by drsnuggles; August 19th, 2011 at 12:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #200 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 126
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnuggles View Post
Two very interesting notes. The seller states that it supports the Android market fully. Don't know what to believe.
Yes, I have asked etotalk.com too, and the say that it supports Android Market.
However, according to the seller hotmid.com, it does not support Android Market...

I have asked etotalk.com about some more details of how they gotten Android Market to work on the phone, as it don't come with it from Lenovo...
EmilF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Lounge > Device/Carrier Comparisons
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/device-carrier-comparisons/73649-best-dual-sim-android-phone.html
Posted By For Type Date
DX900 competitors - ACER Users / ETEN Users Forum - Page 40 This thread Refback April 3rd, 2012 02:16 PM
User Manual Free Download — Gadget Owner's manual This thread Refback January 2nd, 2012 11:40 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.