April 12th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 177 Times in 68 Posts
Motorola Droid 2 A955 Screen Repair Guide
This written repair guide will help you how to disassemble your Droid 2. Screws for Droid 2 are hidden under cleverly designed stickers and quite hard to find. But with this repair guide, it will help you too take apart your Droid 2 safely, in a step by step manner and will give you a chance to replace faulty parts.
This guide should help you replace the following parts:
- Motorola Droid 2 A955 Glass Touch Screen Digitizer
- Motorola Droid 2 A955 LCD Screen Replacement Display
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- T3 Torx Screwdriver
Motorola Droid 2 A955 Take Apart Repair Guide:
- Turn off your phone first then remove the back cover, the SIM, the micro SD and the battery as well.
- Next, peel off the sticker placed on the bottom of the Droid 2 to reveal the hidden screws. After removing the hidden screws, gently pry off to remove the back end of the casing using a safe pry tool. Place the pry tool between the opening and run it along the edges of the phone to release the clips holding the housing in place.
- There are five (5) pressure contacts that hold the headphone firmly against the camera’s gold pads which allows for easy data exchange.
- Droid 2 speaker is held in a place by the pressure of both halves of phone’s case which is why it can be simply be taken off once the back has been detached.
- Pull out both the antenna and data ribbon cables using safe pry tool since both are too tiny to disconnect from the motherboard using by hand.
- After disconnecting the keypad’s data cable on the flip side of the board, use a T5 Torx Screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the motherboard in place.
- Pull out the camera if you want to replace it as it is a separate circuit.
- Disconnect first the antenna’s ribbon cable, the vibrator motor and the control buttons before taking away the small board placed on the bottom of the Droid 2. Then simply lift off the board using a safe pry tool.
- Starts lifting off the black rim of the phone and take away the screws that hold the sliding display in place, it will give you the first sight of the phone’s LCD.
- Lift out the earpiece and disconnect its cable first before taking out the front panel.
- Use safe pry tool to disconnect the small keyboard assembly prior to taking away the LCD.
Your Motorola Droid 2 is now totally disassembled. Replace any faulty parts to make your repairs and then follow this guide in reverse to reassemble your phone.