April 29th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
[HOW TO] Restore your Motorola Droid 4 (XT894) to stock [Windows Only]
These fastboot files allow you to recover a bricked device/return to stock on your Motorola Droid 4.
THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON ANDROID 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD DEVICES.
DO NOT FLASH IF YOU HAVE UPGRADED TO ANDROID 4.0 ICS.
YOUR DEVICE MUST BE FULLY CHARGED PRIOR TO FLASHING.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
If you notice a broken link, please let me know in this thread or send me a PM and I will fix it ASAP.
Android 2.3.6 System Version 6.13.219
Android 2.3.6 System Version 6.13.215
- Download one of the fastboot image files above
- Download and install RSDLite 5.7
- Download and install the Motorola USB Drivers
- Power off your phone
- Hold the volume up, volume down, and power buttons at the same time until you see the bootloader menu
- Use the volume down button to navigate to "Recovery" then use the volume up button to select it
- When you see the android/triangle, press both volume buttons together
- Select "wipe data/factory reset" and on the next screen select "Yes -- delete all user data"
- Once it's finished, select "reboot system now" then immediately press both volume buttons until you see the bootloader menu
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB
- Use the volume down button to navigate to "AP Fastboot" then use the volume up button to select it
- Open RSDLite, press the "..." button at the top, and select the fastboot image .zip file
- Select "Decompress And Start Flashing" and wait for the process to finish (it will take around 20-30 minutes)
- Once the process is complete, your device should function normally
, and Skrilax_CZ
@ XDA, djb.617
Last edited by w53cig; June 9th, 2012 at 11:41 AM.