Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid > Droid - All Things Root
Droid - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
inssane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 1,850
 
Device(s): ...and Boom goes the Dynamite
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 180
Thanked 156 Times in 81 Posts
Default 2.2 Market Fix for THEMED Phones...

I went into the theme zip file (DropTheme) and deleted the "Vending" file from the Apps folder.

No themed Market - but it works.
I hope this helps some.
Nick

Advertisements
__________________
SHOT CALLER
RIP 2K1 Caddy STS - Hello 2K11 Chevy Cruze...25mpg vs 8mpg. WOOT
I am a MasterDebator
"Eat Me" on Yelp--also make sure to QuagMyTwitr
SoCo "Whatever's Comfortable" Guy - LIKE HIM!
inssane is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inssane For This Useful Post:
Redflea (June 11th, 2010), ska.t73 (June 11th, 2010), YankeeDudeL (June 13th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Redflea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,623
 
Device(s): Droid2, Rooted Tweaked Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 295 Times in 143 Posts
Default

Noice!

Which issue (or issues?) does it fix...the one where all apps don't appear, or the Market refuses to load (opens, stays w/progress circle spinning, but apps never appear)?

And I assume you deleted the file from the theme zip, and then applied the theme to an unthemed 2.2 install....
Redflea is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
inssane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 1,850
 
Device(s): ...and Boom goes the Dynamite
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 180
Thanked 156 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
the Market refuses to load (opens, stays w/progress circle spinning, but apps never appear)?
Yes this issue.
I deleted the .apk from the .zip theme file - then I applied it to bare Bugless Beast.

I am only having trouble with two downloads showing stuck at 100% but I think it's the network. I just DLed 6 apps very quickly now AND I have DropTheme.

How often are most people in the Market to care?

I also took out Launcher2 and LauncherPro files as I don't use them.

Nick
inssane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
inssane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 1,850
 
Device(s): ...and Boom goes the Dynamite
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 180
Thanked 156 Times in 81 Posts
Default

inssane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Redflea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,623
 
Device(s): Droid2, Rooted Tweaked Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 295 Times in 143 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inssane View Post
Yes this issue.
I deleted the .apk from the .zip theme file - then I applied it to bare Bugless Beast.

I am only having trouble with two downloads showing stuck at 100% but I think it's the network. I just DLed 6 apps very quickly now AND I have DropTheme.

How often are most people in the Market to care?

I also took out Launcher2 and LauncherPro files as I don't use them.

Nick
Funny - I had that issue (won't load) on an unthemed install of BB Froyo.

Thanks for posting your fix.
Redflea is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I had the download getting stuck issue and low storage space was the culprit. I still had like 24 MB but guess that wasn't good enough. I got rid off a few non essential apps, and haven't had the download issue since.
iflysiu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
inssane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 1,850
 
Device(s): ...and Boom goes the Dynamite
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 180
Thanked 156 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Many of us had this issue because of themes specifically.
inssane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
YankeeDudeL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,174
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, OG Droid, Droid Incredible, Droid Charge, Droid Bionic, Samsung Stratosphere, Ace
Carrier: Verizon, T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,352
Thanked 519 Times in 301 Posts
Send a message via AIM to YankeeDudeL Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeDudeL
Default

Yeah, this sounds like my issue. Only just noticed it today, though, and I've been themed for a few days, now. So go into the the theme file, find Market vending, and delete that?

EDIT: Yeah, that didn't work for me. This is the message I'm getting: "Attention: A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen.", w/ options to retry or cancel.

Initially, I was able to fix permissions w/ ROM Manager and get to the Market. When I got there, all my updates were firing, but not actually DLing. So I canceled each DL. When I got to the ROM Manager update, trying to cancel it would force close the Market. I could open it again, but each time it was the same thing. So I tried the fix mentioned here and I'm getting the same message again. Tried fixing permissions again and now I'm still getting that same message. So...
__________________
"How many bloody Gs are there?"
YankeeDudeL is offline  
Last edited by YankeeDudeL; June 13th, 2010 at 12:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
inssane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 1,850
 
Device(s): ...and Boom goes the Dynamite
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 180
Thanked 156 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeDudeL View Post
Yeah, this sounds like my issue. Only just noticed it today, though, and I've been themed for a few days, now. So go into the the theme file, find Market vending, and delete that?

EDIT: Yeah, that didn't work for me. This is the message I'm getting: "Attention: A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen.", w/ options to retry or cancel.

Initially, I was able to fix permissions w/ ROM Manager and get to the Market. When I got there, all my updates were firing, but not actually DLing. So I canceled each DL. When I got to the ROM Manager update, trying to cancel it would force close the Market. I could open it again, but each time it was the same thing. So I tried the fix mentioned here and I'm getting the same message again. Tried fixing permissions again and now I'm still getting that same message. So...
Hmmm - interesting.
I have been running DropTheme (altered) for a few days and it's flawless.
Ummm - OK...

Nandroid back to pre-theme.
Clear Market data
Fix Permissions
ONLY remove Vendor.apk
Save the altered zip
Load onto SD
MAKE SURE you have the correct version, as in SPR or CW since now developers are offering both.
Install
Boot up
Fix permissions
Sync
DL one app - MANUALLY, don't tick the auto update and DONT try it with GMaps as that has independent issues.
See what it does for a minute and if it's slow, leave the phone alone for 10 minutes and see.

My market took about 10 minutes to begin DLing, but now it works with relative ease. I have the Froyo baseband too, I doubt that makes a difference, but just so you know.

Lemme know what happens and which theme you are using.
Nick

PS - Do my steps in that order please

PPS - If you are running Juice Defender like me, there is a glitch that doesn't turn data on for a minute after you wake the phone, so disable this before you go to the Market at the end.
inssane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
YankeeDudeL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,174
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, OG Droid, Droid Incredible, Droid Charge, Droid Bionic, Samsung Stratosphere, Ace
Carrier: Verizon, T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,352
Thanked 519 Times in 301 Posts
Send a message via AIM to YankeeDudeL Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeDudeL
Default

Ok, gonna give it a whirl. Appreciate the response!
YankeeDudeL is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid > Droid - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.