April 13th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 175 Times in 68 Posts
How To Fix Motorola Droid Pro Screen
This written take apart repair guide will show you the steps on how to properly take your Droid Pro smartphone apart. This will show how to replace a damaged or broken screen or to diagnose other problems within the internals of the phone.
This guide will help you to install the following Motorola Droid Pro A957 part(s):
- Motorola Droid Pro A957 Glass Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- Motorola Droid Pro A957 LCD Screen Replacement Display
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- T3 Torx Screwdriver
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- First remove the battery cover and the battery of the phone. After removing, use a T5 Torx Screwdriver and remove the eight (8) screws as shown in Figure 1.
- Next gently separate the back case from the phone using safe pry tool. Use a pry tool to release the clips holding the back casing in place.
- The back case is now separated. Use safe pry tool to remove the antenna cable by simply lifting the antenna connector up to release the cable as shown in Figure 2.
- Disconnect the three (3) connectors using safe pry tool. Lightly raise the pop connectors up to release the flex cable.
- Raise the longest connector and remove the silver T5 Torx Screw underneath it. Once removed, lightly raise the motherboard from the rest of the phone.
- There will be six (6) T3 Screws holding the metal plate once the motherboard has been separated. Remove those screws using a T3 Torx Screwdriver and gently lift the metal plate.
- Next, lightly flip open the hinge of the “jaws” or “alligator” ribbon connector underneath the LCD in the middle of the assembly and pull the LCD out. Once the LCD is out, simply push the button from the frame of the phone.
- You can now change the touchscreen glass digitizer or the LCD screen and reassemble your Droid Pro.
The Motorola Droid Pro A957 is now disassembled and you can replace the damaged part(s) with new ones. Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.