Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid > Droid - Support and Troubleshooting

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How to Sync Droid with Picasa

Is there a way to set up the droid to automatically sync with all of the pictures from your picasa web albums? There's a lot of pictures that I have on picasa that I would like to have on my phone.

Advertisements
joshteran is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
VeryApe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 118
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshteran View Post
Is there a way to set up the droid to automatically sync with all of the pictures from your picasa web albums? There's a lot of pictures that I have on picasa that I would like to have on my phone.
I constantly upload from my Droid to Picasa, but I haven't tried it the other way. It may be easiest just to download everything to your PC then copy it to the SD card.
VeryApe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WDM Iowa
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

it would be nice if we could sync folders with picasa like contacts, calendar and email sync since it is all part of my google account.
CyBuzz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 204
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Yeah.....I don't think there's any way of 'syncing' pictures.

But with the Verizon network, does it matter where it is physically stored as long as you can access it when you need it?
magnus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 204
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Also remember that 'syncing' pictures could take huge amounts of bandwidth for the carrier...so its highly unlikely that such a feature would ever be implemented.
magnus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 788
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid RAZR, Dell Venue 8
Carrier: Avian

Thanks: 0
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Default

I read someplace that the picassa web app will only allow displaying for 30 folders, I was going to pay for upgraded storage until I read that, can;t get anyone on the google support forum to confirm
Eugene is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 204
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I can confirm that the picasa mobile website will only display the first 100 pics...but I don't know about the app or lots of folders
magnus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 163
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

2.1 automatically syncs Picasa with your Gallery...
Roroco is offline  
Last edited by Roroco; January 4th, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 788
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid RAZR, Dell Venue 8
Carrier: Avian

Thanks: 0
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
I can confirm that the picasa mobile website will only display the first 100 pics...but I don't know about the app or lots of folders
I was hoping I could put the most recent on the phone then use the mobile web site for the rest, but I don't think a 100 picture limit will work for my 23,000 pictures.
Eugene is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 60
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roroco View Post
2.1 automatically syncs Picasa with your Gallery...
So will the 2.1 gallery hack as well.
d1pham is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 4th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 204
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

WHAT?

I have the 2.1 gallery.....but I don't have any of My Picasa pics. What am I doing wrong?
magnus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 05:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Marsha12151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Not sure if this helps....

I use Just Pictures! from the market. It links to my flickr site
(also does Picasa). It is fast and looks just like the pictures are on my phone. I am running on Droid 2.1 and it is fine.
Marsha12151 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 204
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks Marsha.....

I'll check out Just Pictures!.....but I'm stumped as to why I don't seem to have Picasa on my 2.1 gallery. I'd really like to get it figured out. An uninstall/reinstall seems to have done nothing.

I can't seem to find any options to point it to my picasa account as well...

Any ideas?
magnus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 163
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

It did not give me the option to sync Picasa with just the 2.1 Gallery. On 2.1 it have me the option to sync picasa on the gmail setup screen.
Roroco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 204
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Roroco........Do you have Android 2.1 installed (rooted and installed)...or do you just have 2.0.1 with the 2.1 gallery app?

I have 2.0.1 with the 2.1 gallery app

Can someone confirm that the 2.1 gallery app on 2.0.1 will sync Picasa?
Thanks!!!
magnus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
vincentp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,640
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid, HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 59 Times in 50 Posts
Send a message via AIM to vincentp
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryApe View Post
I constantly upload from my Droid to Picasa, but I haven't tried it the other way. It may be easiest just to download everything to your PC then copy it to the SD card.
How are you uploading from the Droid to Picasa? I can't seem to get the full web app on my phone, it only gives me the mobile version which doesn't have an upload option - at least I couldn't find it.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. Apparently you can just "share" from the gallery. Should've checked that a long time ago.
__________________
The following statement is true
The previous statement is false
vincentp is offline  
Last edited by vincentp; January 4th, 2010 at 06:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 204
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Found it!!!

Thanks Roroco!! This option is there in 2.0.1 as well. Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Gmail

I have my picasa pics in Gallery!!!!
Thank you!
magnus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sycamore, IL
Posts: 146
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

As just an FYI, I don't think the Picasa Sync with 2.1 works if your primary Gmail account is Google Apps (GAFYD)... it's not working for me anyway.
dja1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Orange County, CA
Posts: 425
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus (LTE) Motorola Droid 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 61 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Thanks Roroco!! This option is there in 2.0.1 as well. Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Gmail
I don't have this option on 2.0.1. On my Accounts & Sync gmail account setup page, I only have Contacts, Calendar, and Gmail.

Am I missing something? Do I have to do something on the Picasa server side? Or does the 2.1 Gallery App add this to the gmail sync page?

Joe
mihalich is offline  
Last edited by mihalich; January 4th, 2010 at 08:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
geekabilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 40
 
Device(s): Droid in my pocket Eris in her purse
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihalich View Post
I don't have this option on 2.0.1. On my Accounts & Sync gmail account setup page, I only have Contacts, Calendar, and Gmail.

Am I missing something? Do I have to do something on the Picasa server side? Or does the 2.1 Gallery App add this to the gmail sync page?

Joe
Yes, the 2.1 Gallery App add this to the gmail sync page in 2.0.1
__________________
Take her down!
geekabilly is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:21 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus - Verizon Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 38 Times in 32 Posts
Default

WOW - I didnt even know this was possible. I love this forum - thanks guys
mtbhk44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
blue rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 140 Times in 53 Posts
Default

How do you add it to the sync list...i only see contacts, gmail and calendar. there's only an option to remove accounts.
__________________
GRAFIXPRESSIONS.com
GRFXP.com on FaceBook!


Stickers, Graphics and Custom Design ... Visit us on the web!
blue rocket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:12 AM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 26
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am running 2.1 and the Gallery syncs to my Picasa web albums seamlessly. I believe (but may be wrong) that if you are running the 2.1 Gallery app on a 2.0.1 build that the Picasa sync isn't there.

Honestly, I don't know why everyone is expending so much energy to install the 2.1 apps on 2.0.1. Just run 2.1. It is very stable and fast with only a couple of very minor bugs. When the official 2.1 release comes out (which no one knows for sure when that will be), simply revert back to 2.0.1 and install the official release.
Canefan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 68
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Can someone specifically point to where they are able to select Picasa sync in the Settings menu?
bigbee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 204
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue rocket View Post
How do you add it to the sync list...i only see contacts, gmail and calendar. there's only an option to remove accounts.
Hmmm....I don't know how to add it to the sync list.

I would go to one of your gallery photos and try sharing it and seeing Picasa is one of the options......Try uploading first. If it knows your Picasa account.....it might ask you for credentials...

When I did this.....It asked me where I wanted to upload and I saw that while I wasn't 'syncing' with Picasa yet, it presented me with all my Picasa folders so I could choose where I wanted it to upload.

I would also uninstall.......switch off and reinstall Gallery 2.0 and then see if sync with Picasa shows up in settings

Besides that....I'm not sure what to tell you..

But I do feel like the 2.1 app added the 'sync with Picasa' to my settings because I did not have that before. I'm on the 2.0.1 OS
magnus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 204
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbee View Post
Can someone specifically point to where they are able to select Picasa sync in the Settings menu?
See my post #17
magnus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #27 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 26
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbee View Post
Can someone specifically point to where they are able to select Picasa sync in the Settings menu?
Again, I only know this to work in 2.1 but go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync. Under Manage Accounts you should see your Gmail Account. Select it and you will see what options to sync (Mine says Contacts, Gmail, Calendar, Picasa Web Albums). I don't believe the Picasa choice is there on 2.0.1 but I may be wrong on that.
Canefan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:00 AM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 204
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canefan View Post
I am running 2.1 and the Gallery syncs to my Picasa web albums seamlessly. I believe (but may be wrong) that if you are running the 2.1 Gallery app on a 2.0.1 build that the Picasa sync isn't there.

Honestly, I don't know why everyone is expending so much energy to install the 2.1 apps on 2.0.1. Just run 2.1. It is very stable and fast with only a couple of very minor bugs. When the official 2.1 release comes out (which no one knows for sure when that will be), simply revert back to 2.0.1 and install the official release.
Canefan,

Everybody is expending so much energy in install 2.1 apps on 2.0.1 because it is significantly less energy than rooting and installing 2.1. I feel like 2.0.1 is stable and fast with no bugs for me. I feel like going to 2.1 with few bugs is a step down. To me 2.1 is just a number. Show me a feature I need in 2.1 and I'll be all over it. Right now, I just have not been able to find a convincing reason to do so. But that's just me

What I don't understand why people are going to lots of trouble to root and install a patched 2.1 when it is possible that the official version could be here in about 3 weeks. I'd wait at least until the next update before I think about 2.1

The droid is Motorola/Verizon/Google's flagship model and right now they are supporting it pretty well. In a year or so, perhaps other models will be introduced with more functionality and the M/V/G will lose interest. Then will be my time to root, because the modding community will make up for lack of manufacturer support and some of the capabilities of the newer phones will be ported over to the droid by the modding community.

As you can see.....I'm feeling very verbose today
magnus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:00 AM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 204
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canefan View Post
Again, I only know this to work in 2.1 but go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync. Under Manage Accounts you should see your Gmail Account. Select it and you will see what options to sync (Mine says Contacts, Gmail, Calendar, Picasa Web Albums). I don't believe the Picasa choice is there on 2.0.1 but I may be wrong on that.
I'm doing this on 2.0.1
magnus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #30 (permalink)
OFWGKTA
 
CRPercodani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: M A dub'l dolla sign
Posts: 2,940
 
Device(s): EVO, DROID
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 68
Thanked 569 Times in 237 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
Canefan,

Everybody is expending so much energy in install 2.1 apps on 2.0.1 because it is significantly less energy than rooting and installing 2.1. I feel like 2.0.1 is stable and fast with no bugs for me. I feel like going to 2.1 with few bugs is a step down. To me 2.1 is just a number. Show me a feature I need in 2.1 and I'll be all over it. Right now, I just have not been able to find a convincing reason to do so. But that's just me

What I don't understand why people are going to lots of trouble to root and install a patched 2.1 when it is possible that the official version could be here in about 3 weeks. I'd wait at least until the next update before I think about 2.1

The droid is Motorola/Verizon/Google's flagship model and right now they are supporting it pretty well. In a year or so, perhaps other models will be introduced with more functionality and the M/V/G will lose interest. Then will be my time to root, because the modding community will make up for lack of manufacturer support and some of the capabilities of the newer phones will be ported over to the droid by the modding community.

As you can see.....I'm feeling very verbose today
It may be Verizon/Motorola's flagship device but it isn't Google's, that title goes to the Nexus One. I've been around Android from the start and besides the first few updates the G1 has always had to wait 2-4 months to get a update, and that was THE FIRST Android phone so it was the flagship for everything. I'm sure a official 2.1 update will come, but I highly doubt it will be in 3 weeks. That will steal shine from the Nexus One, because if it is the ONLY device with official 2.1 then that will pull in people who would of gotten the DROID. From a business standpoint it just doesn't make sense for them to let anyone else have it for at least 30+ days, JUST LIKE they did with 2.0 and the DROID when it was released. Heck 2.0 is still exclusive to the DROID if you want it officially, so that should tell you something.
__________________
So I'm guessin' there's questions that need addressin' like how he fresh in the adolescence and wreckin em'
Rules & Guidelines, Zero Tolerance Policy.
CRPercodani is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:40 AM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 204
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPercodani View Post
It may be Verizon/Motorola's flagship device but it isn't Google's, that title goes to the Nexus One. I've been around Android from the start and besides the first few updates the G1 has always had to wait 2-4 months to get a update, and that was THE FIRST Android phone so it was the flagship for everything. I'm sure a official 2.1 update will come, but I highly doubt it will be in 3 weeks. That will steal shine from the Nexus One, because if it is the ONLY device with official 2.1 then that will pull in people who would of gotten the DROID. From a business standpoint it just doesn't make sense for them to let anyone else have it for at least 30+ days, JUST LIKE they did with 2.0 and the DROID when it was released. Heck 2.0 is still exclusive to the DROID if you want it officially, so that should tell you something.

Your logic is pretty sound. You just made me cry a little bit.
Hey...but a guy can still hope can't he? :-)
magnus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:47 AM   #32 (permalink)
OFWGKTA
 
CRPercodani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: M A dub'l dolla sign
Posts: 2,940
 
Device(s): EVO, DROID
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 68
Thanked 569 Times in 237 Posts
Default

YES we can always hope!!!
CRPercodani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:50 AM   #33 (permalink)
OFWGKTA
 
CRPercodani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: M A dub'l dolla sign
Posts: 2,940
 
Device(s): EVO, DROID
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 68
Thanked 569 Times in 237 Posts
Default

Also, if anyone wants to try 2.1 it isn't hard at all, and you don't need to do anything in adb which is what usually makes it hard for people. Follow PeDe7's guide in the How To forum, and at alldroid they have ROM's that are in a update.zip format so you just put them on your sdcard and then in SPS recovery hit install and choose update.zip, it is really easy.
CRPercodani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
VeryApe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 118
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

So has anyone confirmed that this can work on 2.0.1? I have 2.0.1 and do NOT have the Picasa sync option in the settings. I do not have the gallery from 2.1 installed(I would but the mods are link-deleting happy.
VeryApe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
mrthundercleese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 187
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid, HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

^^ Picasa sync works (at least for me and magnus) on 2.0.1 with the 2.1 gallery app installed. I don't have it setup to be the default for anything either and I get the options in the same place Canefan does.
mrthundercleese is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #36 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
monsterpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23
 
Device(s): MOTO DROID, Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthundercleese View Post
^^ Picasa sync works (at least for me and magnus) on 2.0.1 with the 2.1 gallery app installed. I don't have it setup to be the default for anything either and I get the options in the same place Canefan does.
Confirm this. This is the reason why I loaded the 2.1 gallery on my phone. I have alot of photos in Picasa and wanted an easy way to back them up since my laptop is owned by my employer and I don't like to load it up with stuff.

If you are running 2.0.1, load the 2.1 Gallery on your phone and it will give you the option to sync Picasa. Does it immediately!
monsterpt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:03 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
clintiepoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterpt View Post
Confirm this. This is the reason why I loaded the 2.1 gallery on my phone. I have alot of photos in Picasa and wanted an easy way to back them up since my laptop is owned by my employer and I don't like to load it up with stuff.

If you are running 2.0.1, load the 2.1 Gallery on your phone and it will give you the option to sync Picasa. Does it immediately!
I will also confirm that if you load the 2.1 gallery on a 2.0.1 not rooted droid, it will give you the option to sync to picasa.

Once it does, all your picasa web albums show up in the gallery. It's really nice.

Is there a way to get all the pictures I take to upload automagically to picasa? The droid seems to sync-down, I want to sync-up.
clintiepoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Didn't work for me. I messed around with it for a while too, sharing pictures with picasa and so forth. Nada...
Does the phone need to be rooted?
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
monsterpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23
 
Device(s): MOTO DROID, Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintiepoo View Post
I will also confirm that if you load the 2.1 gallery on a 2.0.1 not rooted droid, it will give you the option to sync to picasa.

Once it does, all your picasa web albums show up in the gallery. It's really nice.

Is there a way to get all the pictures I take to upload automagically to picasa? The droid seems to sync-down, I want to sync-up.
I don't know of a way to auto upload, but I use picasa web uploader from the market. It will take you through a quick setup to upload to picasa, but then it dumps your uploads into a folder called Drop Box. Works great for me.
monsterpt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
zandroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 323
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I did not have the option for Picasa. I am on 2.0.1 and loaded the Gallery app manually and never had the option for Picasa in the sync settings.
zandroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 506
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 24 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandroid View Post
I did not have the option for Picasa. I am on 2.0.1 and loaded the Gallery app manually and never had the option for Picasa in the sync settings.
same.
square is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
clintiepoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
Didn't work for me. I messed around with it for a while too, sharing pictures with picasa and so forth. Nada...
Does the phone need to be rooted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandroid View Post
I did not have the option for Picasa. I am on 2.0.1 and loaded the Gallery app manually and never had the option for Picasa in the sync settings.
You have to load the 2.1 gallery... I googled "2.1 gallery on droid" and found it very easily. Download it.

Install it with astro, then open it.

After this, go into Settings - Accounts and Sync - Click on your gmail account - the option to sync Picasa Web Albums should be in there.
clintiepoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:51 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
zandroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 323
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I have 2.1 Gallery, I loaded it awhile ago. The option just does not show up.
zandroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
clintiepoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Not sure man, I am on 2.0.1, am not rooted. I installed it and it just happened.
clintiepoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

I have contacts, gmail and calendar....no picasa...
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 506
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 24 Times in 13 Posts
Default

i just uninstalled the 2.1 gallery and reinstalled it. still no option.
square is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sycamore, IL
Posts: 146
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

For you guys that can't get this to work, is your primary Gmail account a Google Apps account (user@gmail.com or user@domain.com)?
dja1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

I only have my gmail account? I think this would be awesome to get working...but I'm getting no love. I've been uploading picture TO picasa from droid via the gallery... but that's about it...no sync....
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:00 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
zandroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 323
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja1980 View Post
For you guys that can't get this to work, is your primary Gmail account a Google Apps account (user@gmail.com or user@domain.com)?
Mine is an @gmail.com account. Does it matter?
zandroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sycamore, IL
Posts: 146
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandroid View Post
Mine is an @gmail.com account. Does it matter?
That's what I'm trying to find out for sure. I'm currently using the HC release of 2.1, and my primary account is GAFYD. I also tried Greek's 2.1v1 release, and I haven't had the Picasa Sync option with either. But, I just chalked it up to another feature that isn't fully integrated yet with Google Apps.
dja1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid > Droid - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.