Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid X > Droid X - All Things Root
Droid X - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #51 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
So how is this ROM compared to Apex? Worth switching?
I like it better, it seems more stable to me. Haven't had any resets,which I did with ApeX.

I am getting Quandrant benchmark scores lower than I got with stock ROM though, guess that's not really a big deal though?

Stock = 1400-1450
RubiX = 1350-1425

Advertisements
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #52 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,711
 
Device(s): Moto X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1,742
Thanked 675 Times in 462 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btros View Post
I like it better, it seems more stable to me. Haven't had any resets,which I did with ApeX.

I am getting Quandrant benchmark scores lower than I got with stock ROM though, guess that's not really a big deal though?

Stock = 1400-1450
RubiX = 1350-1425
I've not had any reboots (thankfully) with Apex. My Quadrant scores have ranged from about 1485 to 1625 (with Apex). I was just curious about this ROM as far as speed and getting rid of ze blur!

Thanks and yeah, I would not worry too much about Quadrant scores.
Trooper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BuTbKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 825
 
Device(s): Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 112
Thanked 198 Times in 142 Posts
Default

If I had no reboots on ApeX I would keep it.
BuTbKa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #54 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

There was also the brightness glitch (dimming and brightening) that annoyed me too. But I don't know, I didn't really keep it long enough to be able to compare the two in terms of speed.
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #55 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Is there a way to get my contacts back onto my phone since Backup Assistant is not supported with this ROM?

edit: never mind I figured it out - for anybody else wondering, you can export your contacts from backup assistant online as a .csv file then import it into your gmail contacts.
Btros is offline  
Last edited by Btros; November 11th, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 359
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 58 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btros View Post
Is there a way to get my contacts back onto my phone since Backup Assistant is not supported with this ROM?

edit: never mind I figured it out - for anybody else wondering, you can export your contacts from backup assistant online as a .csv file then import it into your gmail contacts.
I sync my contacts to my Google account.
theineffablebob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 07:42 AM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Are there any apk's out there that add audio effects? That's one thing I'm really missing, otherwise this is the ROM for me.

Be nice to have the stock car dock back too.
SgtBaxter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:55 AM   #58 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Kevmueller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 766
 
Device(s): Mine - The Nexus, Wife - Droid Bionic, Son - DroidX
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 122
Thanked 147 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
So how is this ROM compared to Apex? Worth switching?
APEX was real good IMHO. I switched just to give this a try and still have my back-up of ApeX, but I am loving this ROM. I have it OC'd to the same settings on ApeX and I am getting one soft reboot about every 24 hours just like I was on ApeX, so I think the soft reboot issue has to do with the OC and not the ROM itself. However this thing is lightning fast so I really do not want to take off the OC. I am getting scores OC'd just slightly higher with Rubix than with ApeX. Rubix has been 1690 to 1710 on average and ApeX was 1620 to 1640.

I got my keyboard that I loved on ApeX last night so I am in a real good place with this ROM as well. However with either I don't think you can go wrong.
__________________
> Samsung Nexus - Rooted and Unlocked
> Huawei Ideos S7 Tablet leaked 2.2 with Stable 1.2
Kevmueller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #59 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Kevmueller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 766
 
Device(s): Mine - The Nexus, Wife - Droid Bionic, Son - DroidX
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 122
Thanked 147 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBaxter View Post
Are there any apk's out there that add audio effects? That's one thing I'm really missing, otherwise this is the ROM for me.

Be nice to have the stock car dock back too.
Try out sephtin.com and on an 11/2 entry there is a file to get the car dock back on your phone if you want it.
Kevmueller is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevmueller For This Useful Post:
SgtBaxter (November 12th, 2010)
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:25 AM   #60 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 612
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 66 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevmueller View Post
Try out sephtin.com and on an 11/2 entry there is a file to get the car dock back on your phone if you want it.
The dialer will not rotate though and that isn't fun to try and dial sideways.
Flying_Hellfish is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default

That's okay, I don't have the moto car dock, and my phone is mounted portrait instead of landscape.
SgtBaxter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #62 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

What's a good task switcher app to use with this ROM? I used to use "task switcher" on the stock ROM and really liked it but it freezes when I use it with RubiX. I just want something that I can view all running apps and close them by long pressing like I could with task switcher.
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #63 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gmenfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Palm Harbor/Clearwater Fla
Posts: 1,409
 
Device(s): x
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 265
Thanked 341 Times in 281 Posts
gmenfan83@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btros View Post
What's a good task switcher app to use with this ROM? I used to use "task switcher" on the stock ROM and really liked it but it freezes when I use it with RubiX. I just want something that I can view all running apps and close them by long pressing like I could with task switcher.
Try this .........I really like it
Use Itching Thumb to Multitask in Android | xda-developers
__________________
DARKSLIDE 4.2
gmenfan83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #64 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Uh oh, need help...I was trying to install a custom Launcher Pro from here:
[THEME|MOD] 11.01.10 signals23 LauncherPro 0.8.1.1 widgets - xda-developers

And I uninstalled my stock version of LP so I could install the new version...only problem is I already uninstalled the ADW that came with RubiX...now I have no home launcher and can't access my app drawer to get into Astro to install the new LP. How do you power off and power back into reboot recovery so I can restore my last backup?
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #65 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gmenfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Palm Harbor/Clearwater Fla
Posts: 1,409
 
Device(s): x
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 265
Thanked 341 Times in 281 Posts
gmenfan83@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btros View Post
Uh oh, need help...I was trying to install a custom Launcher Pro from here:
[THEME|MOD] 11.01.10 signals23 LauncherPro 0.8.1.1 widgets - xda-developers

And I uninstalled my stock version of LP so I could install the new version...only problem is I already uninstalled the ADW that came with RubiX...now I have no home launcher and can't access my app drawer to get into Astro to install the new LP. How do you power off and power back into reboot recovery so I can restore my last backup?
I am not too sure you can access clockwork recovery from the powered down state I believe you would need to access your app drawer ....try to access it by pressing menu, settings, applications,then manage and you may be able to access that way ....once there o believe all you would have to do is restore data from your previous backup and once rebooted your launcher will be back .....not 100% sure ...just an idea

* just tried and it will not work
gmenfan83 is offline  
Last edited by gmenfan83; November 12th, 2010 at 12:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #66 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmenfan83 View Post
I am not too sure you can access clockwork recovery from the powered down state I believe you would need to access your app drawer ....try to access it by pressing menu, settings, applications,then manage and you may be able to access that way ....once there o believe all you would have to do is restore data from your previous backup and once rebooted your launcher will be back .....not 100% sure ...just an idea
I've tried to push menu but nothing happens.
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #67 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gmenfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Palm Harbor/Clearwater Fla
Posts: 1,409
 
Device(s): x
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 265
Thanked 341 Times in 281 Posts
gmenfan83@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btros View Post
I've tried to push menu but nothing happens.
So what do you have just a blank home screen? ...if you can access the browser on your phone you may be able to go through app brain and install.....or maybe you can download the file to your computer and install through adb.....just trying to brainstorm to help out bro
gmenfan83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #68 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gmenfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Palm Harbor/Clearwater Fla
Posts: 1,409
 
Device(s): x
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 265
Thanked 341 Times in 281 Posts
gmenfan83@gmail.com
Default

@ Btros ...I see in your other thread you got it working ....what a golden batt pull lol
gmenfan83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #69 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bouchigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 3,756
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid X running Liberty 3v2.0 with ICS theme, and HP Touchpad with CM7 Alpha 2.1 and H
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 317
Thanked 1,273 Times in 782 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btros View Post
I like it better, it seems more stable to me. Haven't had any resets,which I did with ApeX.

I am getting Quandrant benchmark scores lower than I got with stock ROM though, guess that's not really a big deal though?

Stock = 1400-1450
RubiX = 1350-1425
I was having the same issues with the quadrant scores. But, since I had launcher pro installed I used root explorer to remove the stock launcher on this rom and my scores jumped up from 1340's to 1450's.
bouchigo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevmueller View Post
Try out sephtin.com and on an 11/2 entry there is a file to get the car dock back on your phone if you want it.
Do you know, would I install those patches by launching into bootstrap and selecting the zip file just like I do themes, etc?
SgtBaxter is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 202
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 22 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchigo View Post
I was having the same issues with the quadrant scores. But, since I had launcher pro installed I used root explorer to remove the stock launcher on this rom and my scores jumped up from 1340's to 1450's.
I would like to do this..how would i go about this? Thanks in advance
__________________
Apex ROM [] Very Happy Droid X
ThatOneDude05 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #72 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchigo View Post
I was having the same issues with the quadrant scores. But, since I had launcher pro installed I used root explorer to remove the stock launcher on this rom and my scores jumped up from 1340's to 1450's.
I did that early on, removed ADW that came with the ROM.
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #73 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 620
 
Device(s): Droid X, .596 GB, rooted and deodexed. Viewsonic G Tab w/vegaN 5.1.1 and 32G Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 307
Thanked 76 Times in 65 Posts
Default

You have to wipe not just cache but data (like Factory Reset) before installing the zip file?
dhoffman1421 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #74 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 92
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchigo View Post
Yup, it works just fine

where'd you get that wallpaper? Me likez
suv1186 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #75 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Kevmueller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 766
 
Device(s): Mine - The Nexus, Wife - Droid Bionic, Son - DroidX
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 122
Thanked 147 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBaxter View Post
Do you know, would I install those patches by launching into bootstrap and selecting the zip file just like I do themes, etc?
That is all I have done. I have the keyboard and the camera and had no problems. I did each one in a different boot just to be safe.
Kevmueller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #76 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDude05 View Post
I would like to do this..how would i go about this? Thanks in advance
Download Titanium Backup, go into backup/restore, select ADW and choose uninstall. MAKE SURE you have another launcher already installed or you will have happen to you what happened to me (no launcher to access anything on your phone).
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #77 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoffman1421 View Post
You have to wipe not just cache but data (like Factory Reset) before installing the zip file?
Yes, that's what is recommended in the instructions and seemed to work very smoothly for me. Make sure you back everything up with your gmail contacts, titanium backup, etc.
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:11 PM   #78 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,711
 
Device(s): Moto X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1,742
Thanked 675 Times in 462 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTbKa View Post
If I had no reboots on ApeX I would keep it.
Spoke to soon, but I can't really complain. Got my first reboot today since I've been running it. I installed it on 10/21/2010 so really good imho. May just try Rubix for the heck of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevmueller View Post
APEX was real good IMHO. I switched just to give this a try and still have my back-up of ApeX, but I am loving this ROM. I have it OC'd to the same settings on ApeX and I am getting one soft reboot about every 24 hours just like I was on ApeX, so I think the soft reboot issue has to do with the OC and not the ROM itself. However this thing is lightning fast so I really do not want to take off the OC. I am getting scores OC'd just slightly higher with Rubix than with ApeX. Rubix has been 1690 to 1710 on average and ApeX was 1620 to 1640.

I got my keyboard that I loved on ApeX last night so I am in a real good place with this ROM as well. However with either I don't think you can go wrong.
Thank you for the review. I may just try it out (hopefully this weekend but guess I'll see). Got my first reboot today with Apex so may just give this a shot. Strange as its the first reboot I ever got. Could be an app as two of my apps got updated since yesterday. One of them is (yikes) Auto Killer haha. But if this ROM seems stable and all, may want to try it.
Trooper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #79 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,711
 
Device(s): Moto X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1,742
Thanked 675 Times in 462 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv1186 View Post
where'd you get that wallpaper? Me likez
Right here man.

[THEME] Black Juice for rubiX Focused 1.6 - Final - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
Trooper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #80 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 620
 
Device(s): Droid X, .596 GB, rooted and deodexed. Viewsonic G Tab w/vegaN 5.1.1 and 32G Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 307
Thanked 76 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Could not get my yahoo mail to work

Back on Chevy SSX1
dhoffman1421 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 13th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #81 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Does anyone know of a circle battery mod for this ROM?
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 01:50 AM   #82 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 137
 
Device(s): Droid Bionic Samsung Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchigo View Post
Yup, it works just fine

That is great to know... I am going for this exact look minus the circle battery. Very very clean looking. Any issues at all doing it?
__________________
Motorola Bionic
Samsung Galaxy Tab CM7
Fate0n3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #83 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

I tried this circle battery mod:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [METAMORPH] [10/7] Glowing Circle Battery Icon

On my RubiX 1.6 focused with sinful green theme and it does not work, gets hung up on installing the zip file each time. Don't know if it's the theme or the ROM messing it up.
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #84 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BuTbKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 825
 
Device(s): Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 112
Thanked 198 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoffman1421 View Post
Could not get my yahoo mail to work

Back on Chevy SSX1
I had same issue, so after some research online I found those directions, and they worked for me. Try it

Step 1
Go to “Menu” > then “New Account” > then “Other (POP3 / IMAP)”.
Step 2
Go to “Manual setup” > for protocol you change it to “IMAP”.
Step 3
Put in your “Username” and “Password”.
Step 4
Change the “IMAP server” to “imap.mail.yahoo.com”.
Step 5
Click “Next” > change the “SMTP” server to “smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com”.
Step 6
click on “Next” > choose an “Account name” and put in “Your name”.
Step 7
Click on “Finish Setup” > All done.
BuTbKa is offline  
Last edited by BuTbKa; November 13th, 2010 at 01:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BuTbKa For This Useful Post:
dhoffman1421 (November 13th, 2010)
Old November 13th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #85 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 620
 
Device(s): Droid X, .596 GB, rooted and deodexed. Viewsonic G Tab w/vegaN 5.1.1 and 32G Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 307
Thanked 76 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Thanks! I had been trying to find the email settings without any luck. Will try it again, I was otherwise enjoying the ROM
dhoffman1421 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #86 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Something is realllly sucking my battery DRY with this ROM...I know battery life is one of the issues listed on the thread over on the other forum. Someone said it could be an issue with the display going back to 100% every time you turn the screen back on if you don't have it on auto...I switched mine to Auto and still have problems. I was at 60% a few hours ago, now at 20%. Used to get 24-30 hours on a single charge.
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #87 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 308
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 43
Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btros View Post
Something is realllly sucking my battery DRY with this ROM...I know battery life is one of the issues listed on the thread over on the other forum. Someone said it could be an issue with the display going back to 100% every time you turn the screen back on if you don't have it on auto...I switched mine to Auto and still have problems. I was at 60% a few hours ago, now at 20%. Used to get 24-30 hours on a single charge.
I have been experiencing the same problem. It's not that it jumps up to 100%, rather, it just seems to always bump itself up by approx. 15-20% of whatever you have it set to whenever you lock the screen, wait a short bit, and then unlock it again.

Extremely frustrating and weird. I wish that there could be a solid fix for this, as there currently aren't any other ROMs out as good as this one (I was super unstable on Apex and I hated the rotating Tranquility Launcher). As sad as it is, I had the greatest combo of stability and amazing battery life (almost 5 hours of Display time per charge) on rubiX 0.5 focused.
dabomb224 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #88 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 620
 
Device(s): Droid X, .596 GB, rooted and deodexed. Viewsonic G Tab w/vegaN 5.1.1 and 32G Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 307
Thanked 76 Times in 65 Posts
Default

My only issues with this now are no GPS and no voice commands working. Anyone else have no voice?
dhoffman1421 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #89 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoffman1421 View Post
My only issues with this now are no GPS and no voice commands working. Anyone else have no voice?
I just tested voice command and voice search and mine seems to be working. Also tested GPS and Navigation and it's working.
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #90 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern indiana
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

found sinful_green_Beta3_test.zip. How do I flash it? I know how to flash the rubix 1.6. Is it the same thing?
Tmose04 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 14th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #91 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmose04 View Post
found sinful_green_Beta3_test.zip. How do I flash it? I know how to flash the rubix 1.6. Is it the same thing?
yep just install from sd card the same way, then reboot.
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:47 AM   #92 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 620
 
Device(s): Droid X, .596 GB, rooted and deodexed. Viewsonic G Tab w/vegaN 5.1.1 and 32G Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 307
Thanked 76 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btros View Post
I just tested voice command and voice search and mine seems to be working. Also tested GPS and Navigation and it's working.
That's odd. Domeone earlier mentioned GPS didn't work with this and the Navigation icon was not on the phone after install. And despite trying it 3 times I could never get voice commands to work.
dhoffman1421 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #93 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Well you do have to install Google Maps from the market to get the Navigation icon on your phone. I used Navigation yesterday and it worked, the GPS icon showed in the tray and everything.
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #94 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern indiana
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Anyone figure out the circle battery mod? I love the theme but I dont really like the battery indicator much.
Tmose04 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #95 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmose04 View Post
Anyone figure out the circle battery mod? I love the theme but I dont really like the battery indicator much.
This is a ROM, not a theme. You can easily put a theme that has a circle battery indicator over this ROM, for example this one:

[THEME] Black Juice for rubiX Focused 1.6 - Final - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

If you're looking at my post above where I asked about a circle battery, I just wanted the circle battery mod only, not as part of a theme. Which might be what you're looking for too...in that case, I don't know.
Btros is offline  
Last edited by Btros; November 15th, 2010 at 11:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #96 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern indiana
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Black juice and sinful green pretty comparable? If they are then I might go with black juice for the circle battery. How do you remove a theme to flash a new one? Do i just overwrite it or do i have to wipe the old theme
Tmose04 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #97 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

I think I would recommend first going back to the backup you made before installing whatever theme you're on, and then installing the new theme and rebooting. If you install a theme over a theme, whatever aspects of the old theme are not overwritten in the new theme can still come through.
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #98 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gmenfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Palm Harbor/Clearwater Fla
Posts: 1,409
 
Device(s): x
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 265
Thanked 341 Times in 281 Posts
gmenfan83@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btros View Post
This is a ROM, not a theme. You can easily put a theme that has a circle battery indicator over this ROM, for example this one:

[THEME] Black Juice for rubiX Focused 1.6 - Final - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

If you're looking at my post above where I asked about a circle battery, I just wanted the circle battery mod only, not as part of a theme. Which might be what you're looking for too...in that case, I don't know.
If you go to Droidpirate.com they have all sorts of little add ins like batt indicators and other stuff without the need of having to get it through a theme....I have used it with every rom I have ran and never had a problem
gmenfan83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gmenfan83 For This Useful Post:
Btros (November 15th, 2010)
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #99 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmenfan83 View Post
If you go to Droidpirate.com they have all sorts of little add ins like batt indicators and other stuff without the need of having to get it through a theme....I have used it with every rom I have ran and never had a problem
Thank you - I'll check it out. I've tried a few different battery mods over my RubiX 1.6 and sinful green theme and they haven't stuck. You're saying these will work if you have a theme too, or can you only have a ROM with no theme to get these to work? Will try some and post back here if I find any that work.
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #100 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Btros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 593
 
Device(s): DroidX (me), Droid2 (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmose04 View Post
Black juice and sinful green pretty comparable?
I haven't tried Black Juice but it looks awesome. Once I get bored with sinful green I might try that one...but sinful blue should be coming out soon too...
Btros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
1.6, rom, rubix, rubix 1.6, [rom]


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid X > Droid X - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.