I am getting the "assert failed" error when trying to update my DX to Cyanogenmod 7.0.3. This is my first time rooting, and very excited about possibility. I successfully rooted earlier today, flashed the Liberty Mod successfully, and wanted try out CM, but did not have success. Here are my steps, and welcome any replies (even if they start off with, "you dumb a$$..."
1. Started with my Droid X (Vrzn) and OTA gingerbread update
2. SBF'ed it following exact directions from roooler.com by...
2a. Installing drivers from roooler's guide on my laptop
2b. installing RSD Lite 4.8
2c. Installed the 4th SBF file on roooler.com: Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 Full (VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01)
2d. Did everything correctly and installed SBF and now went back to Froyo on my DX again (and I always made sure to erase/format cache and data)
3. I installed z4root on Froyo and rooted my DX and now see the app "super user" so I know/think I am rooted
4. Downloaded "update-cm-7.0.3-Droid-signed" and threw it on my SD card on the root directory
5. Again, I followed Roooler.com to a T from the instructions here: Flashing a [ROM] U D G
6. Once I get to step 4 on the above link, where it asks me to “Install .zip from SD CARD”, I keep getting the infamous "assert failed" error. I tried loading cm 7.0.2 and I get the same error.
7. I also had the Liberty 2.0 zip on my SD card, and that loads just fine. Just not the CM mods.
Any thoughts or needed info, please let me know. Thanks in advance.