Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid X > Droid X - All Things Root
Droid X - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 19th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 314
 
Device(s): Droid Razr MAXX HD Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default How to get Gapps?

Just installed the latest CM and for the life of me I can't find out how to install the gapps.

Can someone help me?

Advertisements
Dabrador is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 19th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
colchiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,886
 
Device(s): HP TouchPad, HTC One Max, Dell Venue 11 Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 840
Thanked 1,820 Times in 1,413 Posts
Default

Here you go: [ROM] CM7 with GB kernel by RevNumbers

Flash them from recovery.
colchiro is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to colchiro For This Useful Post:
Dabrador (September 19th, 2011)
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 314
 
Device(s): Droid Razr MAXX HD Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Next question...

How do I use ROM Manager to install this? I'm not used to this app. I usually go into cwm through D2 bootstrap.

I've got the zip on my SD card but can't figure out how to install with ROM Manager.

Thanks!
Dabrador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bouchigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 3,756
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid X running Liberty 3v2.0 with ICS theme, and HP Touchpad with CM7 Alpha 2.1 and H
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 317
Thanked 1,273 Times in 782 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrador View Post
Next question...

How do I use ROM Manager to install this? I'm not used to this app. I usually go into cwm through D2 bootstrap.

I've got the zip on my SD card but can't figure out how to install with ROM Manager.

Thanks!
Just push and hold the power button; when you get the menu pop up, select "Reboot" and then select "Recovery". From there you will go in to CWR and you can flash Gapps.
__________________

bouchigo is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bouchigo For This Useful Post:
Dabrador (September 19th, 2011)
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 314
 
Device(s): Droid Razr MAXX HD Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default

This community is awesome! Thanks guys...I really appreciate your help.
Dabrador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bouchigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 3,756
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid X running Liberty 3v2.0 with ICS theme, and HP Touchpad with CM7 Alpha 2.1 and H
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 317
Thanked 1,273 Times in 782 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrador View Post
This community is awesome! Thanks guys...I really appreciate your help.
Like VS likes to say, "That's what we're here for bud"
bouchigo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 314
 
Device(s): Droid Razr MAXX HD Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchigo View Post
Just push and hold the power button; when you get the menu pop up, select "Reboot" and then select "Recovery". From there you will go in to CWR and you can flash Gapps.
Well...I just tried this and the phone stays at the screen that says Google. Nothing then happens.

Any thoughts?
Dabrador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bouchigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 3,756
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid X running Liberty 3v2.0 with ICS theme, and HP Touchpad with CM7 Alpha 2.1 and H
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 317
Thanked 1,273 Times in 782 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrador View Post
Well...I just tried this and the phone stays at the screen that says Google. Nothing then happens.

Any thoughts?
It's happened to me on occasion that it hangs like that. I suggest pulling the battery and then trying again, it always works for me when that happens.
bouchigo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 314
 
Device(s): Droid Razr MAXX HD Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchigo View Post
It's happened to me on occasion that it hangs like that. I suggest pulling the battery and then trying again, it always works for me when that happens.
I've tried that a couple times now and it hangs every time. If I open ROM Manager and select 'Reboot into Recovery', the same thing happens...it hangs on that screen.

What do you think?
Dabrador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bouchigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 3,756
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid X running Liberty 3v2.0 with ICS theme, and HP Touchpad with CM7 Alpha 2.1 and H
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 317
Thanked 1,273 Times in 782 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrador View Post
I've tried that a couple times now and it hangs every time. If I open ROM Manager and select 'Reboot into Recovery', the same thing happens...it hangs on that screen.

What do you think?
That's a bit strange. Try this (not sure if it will fix your problem, but it might):

1. With Root Explorer or ES File Explorer go into /preinstall/app

2. Delete the NFS Shift game file and then try again.
bouchigo is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 314
 
Device(s): Droid Razr MAXX HD Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchigo View Post
That's a bit strange. Try this (not sure if it will fix your problem, but it might):

1. With Root Explorer or ES File Explorer go into /preinstall/app

2. Delete the NFS Shift game file and then try again.
Don't have NFS Shift game. This is strange...I just can't get into Recovery whether through ROM Manager or Reboot option.

I read somewhere that you MUST NOT install the D2 Bootstrap app while on CM7 so I can't even use that.

I really don't want to go through another SBF. Any other ideas?
Dabrador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bouchigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 3,756
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid X running Liberty 3v2.0 with ICS theme, and HP Touchpad with CM7 Alpha 2.1 and H
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 317
Thanked 1,273 Times in 782 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrador View Post
Don't have NFS Shift game. This is strange...I just can't get into Recovery whether through ROM Manager or Reboot option.

I read somewhere that you MUST NOT install the D2 Bootstrap app while on CM7 so I can't even use that.

I really don't want to go through another SBF. Any other ideas?
The NFS Shift file will still be there even though you don't have the game installed.

If the above doesn't work it looks like you may have to re-install the Rom and hopefully that will fix it, if not sbf time.
bouchigo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 314
 
Device(s): Droid Razr MAXX HD Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchigo View Post
The NFS Shift file will still be there even though you don't have the game installed.

If the above doesn't work it looks like you may have to re-install the Rom and hopefully that will fix it, if not sbf time.
Oh...ok. I don't have Root Explorer yet because I don't have the Market app yet installed so that I can get Root Explorer.

How can I get into that file to delete it?
Dabrador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bouchigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 3,756
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid X running Liberty 3v2.0 with ICS theme, and HP Touchpad with CM7 Alpha 2.1 and H
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 317
Thanked 1,273 Times in 782 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrador View Post
Oh...ok. I don't have Root Explorer yet because I don't have the Market app yet installed so that I can get Root Explorer.

How can I get into that file to delete it?
Here's a link to ES File Explorer since it's free and Root Explorer is not.

Install it trough File Manager in the App drawer.

com.estrongs.android.pop-1.apk
bouchigo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 314
 
Device(s): Droid Razr MAXX HD Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchigo View Post
Here's a link to ES File Explorer since it's free and Root Explorer is not.

Install it trough File Manager in the App drawer.

com.estrongs.android.pop-1.apk
Was able to install ES File Explorer. Went into the /preinstall/ folder and it says that it's empty.

Now what? I'm open to reinstalling the CM7 ROM, but how since I can't get into recovery?
Dabrador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bouchigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 3,756
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid X running Liberty 3v2.0 with ICS theme, and HP Touchpad with CM7 Alpha 2.1 and H
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 317
Thanked 1,273 Times in 782 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrador View Post
Was able to install ES File Explorer. Went into the /preinstall/ folder and it says that it's empty.

Now what? I'm open to reinstalling the CM7 ROM, but how since I can't get into recovery?
I think the easiest thing for you to do is to just sbf and start again.
bouchigo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 314
 
Device(s): Droid Razr MAXX HD Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchigo View Post
I think the easiest thing for you to do is to just sbf and start again.
I was afraid of that. Off to sbf...

Thanks for your time and help in trying to get it fixed!
Dabrador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bouchigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 3,756
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid X running Liberty 3v2.0 with ICS theme, and HP Touchpad with CM7 Alpha 2.1 and H
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 317
Thanked 1,273 Times in 782 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrador View Post
I was afraid of that. Off to sbf...

Thanks for your time and help in trying to get it fixed!
No problem, let us know how it works out
bouchigo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 314
 
Device(s): Droid Razr MAXX HD Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchigo View Post
No problem, let us know how it works out
I just realized it's been awhile since I did an SBF. The method I used was a linux disc that took me all the way back to Froyo.

What's the easiest SBF method to get me back to CM7?
Dabrador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bouchigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 3,756
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid X running Liberty 3v2.0 with ICS theme, and HP Touchpad with CM7 Alpha 2.1 and H
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 317
Thanked 1,273 Times in 782 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrador View Post
I just realized it's been awhile since I did an SBF. The method I used was a linux disc that took me all the way back to Froyo.

What's the easiest SBF method to get me back to CM7?
If you don't have all the drivers and RSD Lite already setup, then the cd might be the easiest.

Although there is a linux cd that will take you to .602 without having to go to Froyo and you can root .602 with a one-click through a PC.

Look at the very first sticky in this forum by SimsDelt.

[TUTORIAL]Simple Gingerbread .602 SBF and Root Process (Updated 9.9.11)
bouchigo is offline  
Last edited by bouchigo; September 19th, 2011 at 08:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bouchigo For This Useful Post:
Dabrador (September 19th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 314
 
Device(s): Droid Razr MAXX HD Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default Still need help!

Here's what I've done so far...

I went ahead and did an SBF back to stock Froyo 340. After that, I rooted using Z4 root, then installed D2 Bootstrap. After that, I attempted to get to GB 602 by using TBH's AIO 602 through their app.

The AIO zip said it installed fine so I went to reboot the phone and it stayed at the red Motorola logo screen and did nothing. I removed the battery, reinstalled and it went back into recovery. I attempted to reboot again and same thing...it stayed at the red Motorola logo screen.

So I did an SBF back to stock Froyo 340 and that's where I am. No root, no nothing until I hear from the experts.

I want to end up with CM7 for GB kernel.

My current baseband is BP_C_01.09.13P and the Kernel is 2.6.32.9-g55626e1 w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

My thought process was I could root Froyo, install TBH AIO 602 and then install CM7 for GB Kernel on top of that, but it's not working.

So, how do I do it? The phone is on the charger, so I'll have to re-try tomorrow.

Thanks in advance everyone!
Dabrador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 314
 
Device(s): Droid Razr MAXX HD Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Anyone? I'm not sure if my radio and kernel are preventing me from doing this. Any advice would be appreciated.
Dabrador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bouchigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 3,756
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid X running Liberty 3v2.0 with ICS theme, and HP Touchpad with CM7 Alpha 2.1 and H
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 317
Thanked 1,273 Times in 782 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrador View Post
Anyone? I'm not sure if my radio and kernel are preventing me from doing this. Any advice would be appreciated.
Just follow the link I gave you in post #20 and you don't have to worry about being on Froyo and then using the AIO.

Side note:
You sure you have a good download of the AIO??? It maybe corrupt.
bouchigo is offline  
Last edited by bouchigo; September 20th, 2011 at 09:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bouchigo For This Useful Post:
Dabrador (September 20th, 2011)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid X > Droid X - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.