Unbrick your droid X! 621 or bootloader 30.04 only!
Did the ota update? then you flashed the wrong image? cant get into recovery? is it so bricked that the bootloader even claims crap about the NV ram being fubar? no fear. as long as it says "ok to program" you should be ok.
this is only for dx's that have had the OTA 621 or above update! do not attempt this if your phone does not have the 30.04 bootloader at startup! (hold both vol keys, the hold power button)
I could write up the full process, but it is listed a million times all over the net. the difference here is i am giving you easy access to the proper files and the right order to flash them in. so, basically-
unzip the contents of the zip included below first, to some folder you can find easy. of course, do not unzip the files inside- those are images
1. install rsb lite and motorola drivers (if you dont already have the drivers)
2. boot phone into bootloader mode. make sure battery is charged
3. in rsd lite, select this file from the zip- 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.zip
4. after the phone is finished flashing, just pull the battery. dont even let it boot. all thats on there is the stock verizon rom with 621 update. stop here if thats what you want.
5. now burn the KDZ iso to a disc and boot your laptop/pc up with it. select the option to flash sbf now and root later. it will run you through the process of flashing the sbf in a little different way this time. FOLLOW THE ON SCREEN DIRECTIONS TO A T.
6. now follow the on screen directions to root the phone!
7. youre almost done! now your phone is running as a milestone, but rooted!
8. install bootstrap for droid 2 (i know, but they say the bootstrap droid 2 app works better then the one for the droid x), install super user and install rom manager. use rom manager to flash clockwork recovery.
9. copy LYXR_621_1.0.zip to your sd card, put it in phone and reboot into clockwork recovery! from there you can flash the LYXR_621_1.0.zip rom! or any rom you want, but i dare you to find a better rom for the droid x!
thanks everyone! all the work done months ago has made it possible for me to get a SEVERELY bricked droid x back to life! the real trick i think was to flash with a signed and verified verizon rom first! but once you have that, you need a rootable sbf! and once you have that, ONLY then can you flash whatever rom you want.
PHEW. the DX is a bit of a pain to play with! but what an awesome result.
keeps asking me for disk that came with device, i don't have one & i've searched for and installed the drivers or is there something i'm missing.. rsd lite does nothing when i click find device, computer recognizes phone, but rsd lite doesn't.. .this is my final attempt man, i've flashed every sbf i could find then i come across your post thought i'd give it a try lol now nothings working.. i mean rsd lite was working fine a week or two ago, now it refuses to find my phone
i finally got everything in rsd lite to work & recognize my phone but even after flashing it both ways i still get the same "bootloader 30.04 Err:A5,70,39,00,27" the phones practically new, used it for about 2months, never been dropped, no water damage... im just done man, i hope verizon & motorola both go out of business. But on the upside, thx for your help man
OK so I know this thread hasn't been posted on in awhile so hopefully someone responds.
Sooo im trying to fix my friends heavily water damaged MB810 (more for fun than necessity) when i got the phone it was completely non responsive, hooked it up to my computer and still nothing, swapped in a good battery and NOTHING. so anyways i took the phone apart worked my magic and now the phone boots to recovery and to the bootloader (30.04) says Battery OK, OK to Program, Connect USB Data Cable... when i connect it to my computer the phone in bootloader say Transfer Mode: USB but my computer doesn't recognize that there is any device connected... i installed RSD Lite 4.8 and the moto drivers and when i launch RSD its completely blank doesnt read the attached phone at all... is there something im missing or is this phone too far gone. Also if the battery is too low would it not connect to the computer? Thanks for any replies.
so got the iso on the usb rebooted into bios menu, launched linux os from usb, script started, followed promts, files unzipped, THEN got stuck at the script saying "waiting for phone:" idk if its because im not using the original usb cable (im using my Galaxy note 2 cable).... or if the phone is just to fried to communicate with the PC?