Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid X > Droid X - Support and Troubleshooting

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default No vibrate for text messages? (Droid X)

The Droid X is my first Android phone and while I am pretty tech savvy I cannot find a setting anywhere that will allow me to set my txt messages to vibrate when they arrive.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix that?

tmarvelous is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 120
 
Device(s): Verizon - Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarvelous View Post
The Droid X is my first Android phone and while I am pretty tech savvy I cannot find a setting anywhere that will allow me to set my txt messages to vibrate when they arrive.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix that?
1. Open up your text messages screen (the one where it shows the list of txt conversations by contact name.

2. click the menu button to bring up options

3. Select message settings

4. scroll down and you will find the vibrate for text messages option.


hope this help.


I'm not sure if this is just a launcher pro thing, or is the same with the moto UI, but I also found it really strange that through general settings/preferences you can change the ring notification, but not the messaging notifications. seems silly to hide all these notifications settings inside completely different access paths. DOH
1stAndroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1stAndroid For This Useful Post:
awriternot (July 21st, 2010), Helicrewchief (July 21st, 2010)
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks, that fixed it! I'm used to vibrate being a global device setting but I'll start thinking of txt messaging as a standalone app with it's own notification rules.
tmarvelous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 120
 
Device(s): Verizon - Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarvelous View Post
Thanks, that fixed it! I'm used to vibrate being a global device setting but I'll start thinking of txt messaging as a standalone app with it's own notification rules.
ME TOO!!!

sometimes these smartphones seem too "smart" for their own good
1stAndroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 162
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Anyone figured out how to make the phone vibrate when you receive a voicemail or email?
Growler48 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 04:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
awriternot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): Droid X through Verizon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Default

LOL I've been looking all over the phone ringtone settings area for this....THANK YOU! I was scared to go back to work! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stAndroid View Post
1. Open up your text messages screen (the one where it shows the list of txt conversations by contact name.

2. click the menu button to bring up options

3. Select message settings

4. scroll down and you will find the vibrate for text messages option.


hope this help.


I'm not sure if this is just a launcher pro thing, or is the same with the moto UI, but I also found it really strange that through general settings/preferences you can change the ring notification, but not the messaging notifications. seems silly to hide all these notifications settings inside completely different access paths. DOH
awriternot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Dude you are awesome. I was conviced it couldn't be done. Thanks!

For the email vibration on your Droid X:
1. Push the Menu button (bottom left), and tap settings.
2. Scroll to Data Manager and select it.
3. Select Data Delivery.
4. Select Email and Corporate Sync.
5. Select Notifications.
6. Select Vibrate.

Or if you have a Messaging Widget (Little mail box with red flag).
1. Tap Messaging Widget.
2. Tap the email account you want to make vibrate.
3. Push the menu button (bottom left), and tap settings.
4. Select Notifications.
5. Select Vibrate.

Not sure there is a vibrate notification for voicemail.
pittdog38 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default sms vibration help

So the vibration for text messages is checked on settings. But ot still won't vibrate went onto the phone sound settings and nothing....
jersomrod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
droid x, text notifications


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid X > Droid X - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.