March 18th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Join Date: Feb 2010
Device(s): Gnex AOKP Nightlies (KitKat)
Thanked 26,702 Times in 7,003 Posts
1) Go into Settings-applications-manage applications-all-Launcher Pro
2) In Launcher pro, at the bottom of the screen select "clear defaults". This will unselect LP as your default launcher.
3) Hit home. It will now give you a choice of launchers. Select the other alternative. I think it's called "home?" I forget. Try using that. If you have no problems, you are having a problem with Launcher Pro, which wouldn't surprise me, since it's out of date and expecting a major overhaul. I had lots of problems with it.
4) If you seem to be running better, you can delete Lp or delete and try to reinstall it to see if the file was corrupted somehow.
5) I use "GoLauncher" which in my opinion is now more superior to LP. It's smooth and has more transition options.
6) If none of this works, try a complete factory data reset. You will have to reinstall all your apps from the market, though. To do that, you have to go into settings-privacy. Select Factory data reset and follow the direction.
If, at this point, your phone runs smoothly, you had a problem with software. Be careful with what you install going forward.
7) If this doesn't work, you have a bad phone. Take it back to Verizon.
Let us know how you do.