Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid X > Droid X - Support and Troubleshooting

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 3rd, 2011, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Birthday & Anniversary Fields in GB -DROID X

Updated to GB and lost birthdays and anniversaries for contacts. Try to edit contacts on phone and these fields no longer exist?

Advertisements
smartin1504 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 76
 
Device(s): Droid X2 (Gingerbread) Nook Color CM7 Asus a501 (Honeycomb)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartin1504 View Post
Updated to GB and lost birthdays and anniversaries for contacts. Try to edit contacts on phone and these fields no longer exist?
That would make me VERY unhappy. The more I read about GB, the more I wonder if I want to upgrade.
twcowdery is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western North Carlina
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartin1504 View Post
Updated to GB and lost birthdays and anniversaries for contacts. Try to edit contacts on phone and these fields no longer exist?
in one of my contacts i had their birthday entered in froyo as 09/29/1987 and now in GB it shows 559872000000, i would like to change it but i have not figured out yet and it is really bugging me.
bigdogsmhs306 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
hklevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX but mostly in denial
Posts: 51
 
Device(s): HTC M8
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogsmhs306 View Post
in one of my contacts i had their birthday entered in froyo as 09/29/1987 and now in GB it shows 559872000000, i would like to change it but i have not figured out yet and it is really bugging me.
Yup all gone....not good.....
hklevi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 10:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Brand new Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogsmhs306 View Post
in one of my contacts i had their birthday entered in froyo as 09/29/1987 and now in GB it shows 559872000000, i would like to change it but i have not figured out yet and it is really bugging me.
Yeah, mine does the same exact thing. It was really odd.
ShinigamiAlterEgo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Doit2it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,955
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII, ASUS Transformer TF101
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 152
Thanked 459 Times in 330 Posts
Default

Mine are still there. I have used Gmail from day one with Android, so that may be why. They display in a different format (yyyy-mm-dd) but they are there.

If you want/need to add birthdays you can always do it from Gmail. Go to Gmail on your computer. Select Contacts on the left side of the screen. Select the contact you want to edit. 4th field down should be Birthday. You can change this to Anniversary by clicking the word Birthday next to the field. If it's not, click the Add button under the fields and select Birthday from the dropdown list.
__________________
Apps on my SIII
OK, I admit it, I'm a Twit
Dropbox! 2Gb free cloud storage
SIII - CleanROM 7 BMF1 / TF101 - KatKiss 4.4.2
Doit2it is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible -----> Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doit2it View Post
Mine are still there. I have used Gmail from day one with Android, so that may be why. They display in a different format (yyyy-mm-dd) but they are there.

If you want/need to add birthdays you can always do it from Gmail. Go to Gmail on your computer. Select Contacts on the left side of the screen. Select the contact you want to edit. 4th field down should be Birthday. You can change this to Anniversary by clicking the word Birthday next to the field. If it's not, click the Add button under the fields and select Birthday from the dropdown list.
The issue is we shouldn't have to do these g.d. work arounds. simple ish should just work
shotgunn81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
pool_shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,410
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 71
Thanked 501 Times in 376 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to pool_shark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunn81 View Post
The issue is we shouldn't have to do these g.d. work arounds. simple ish should just work
I agree, not all of us sync our contacts with gmail.
pool_shark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Confused Not able to edit birthdays and anniversaries

I also have this issue and have tried several things with no luck. Anybody have a fix for this yet?
pedrosnena is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wichita
Posts: 343
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II, Lenovo 2107F, Galaxy Gear Watch
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 36
Thanked 46 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrosnena View Post
I also have this issue and have tried several things with no luck. Anybody have a fix for this yet?
A workaround? Sync your account with Google?
nsa_sailor is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 13th, 2011, 03:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Sokudo Ningyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SE Wisconsin
Gender: Female
Posts: 220
 
Device(s): Droid X, Note II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Sync with Google. It's the only way I've been able to do it. I disabled the Backup Assistant and only backup with my main Google account.

And yes, it might be stupid, but if you think about it, it IS an Android phone. They probably want people to use Google services instead of the phone company's.
Sokudo Ningyou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
anniversary, birthday, contacts, droid x


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid X > Droid X - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.