October 24th, 2011, 06:06 AM
=Luceat Lux Vestra=
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Tab 2 Wifi Only
Thanked 7,930 Times in 4,566 Posts
Welcome to Android Forums, Mathew.
If you have ClockworkMod installed, it needs to go, mentioning that first because some users forget.
But: DO NOT UNINSTALL GINGERBREAK OR SUPERUSER YET!
1. Unfreeze any apps you've frozen.
2. Remove all apps/widgets requiring root.
3. Now, after you've uninstalled root required apps,
uninstall Gingerbreak (that removes Superuser).
4. Shut down the device and go into the Recovery Menu
5. Select Factory Data Reset and let it happen, then select reboot.
Side note: the method for entering Recovery Menu:
- Power down your Droid X2
- Push and hold Power + Volume Down while powering up, until "Fast Boot" appears at the top of the screen, then release both buttons.
- Push Volume Down 7 times to scroll to "Android Recovery"
- Push Volume Up to select.
- Push and hold Volume Up + Volume Down to access the Recovery Menu.
- Now simply use the Volume Up and Down buttons to scroll. Use the Power button to execute your selection.