April 16th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 116 Times in 44 Posts
How To Fix Samsung Epic 4G Screen
This written repair guide will allow you to safely and quickly repair a damaged touch screen, LCD (AMOLED) screen, and other internal components of your Samsung Epic 4G. Follow this guide and your Samsung smartphone will be working like new again!
This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Epic 4G part(s):
- Samsung Epic 4G LCD & Touch Screen Glass Digitizer Assembly
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
Samsung Epic 4G take apart:
- First step is to remove the back battery by pressing in the button at the bottom of the phone which will then loosen the cover. The battery and cards can now be removed.
- Next remove the six (6) screws that are holding the back housing in place. Screws are located at each corner and one on the center of each side.
- Carefully insert the safe pry tool in the crack between the back housing and the front housing of the phone. Begin at the bottom and lightly loosen the clips, working your way all the way around the phone. You can now remove the back housing by simply pulling it lightly away from the front part of the phone.
- Unlock the keyboard and the antenna clips using safe pry tool. These can be found at the left side of the motherboard, and appear as flat pieces of metal. Now cautiously insert the safe pry tool beneath them and press upward, to bend them into a straight up position instead of flat with the board as the currently are.
- Disconnect the antenna wire which appears as a small white wire on the right side of the battery location (shown in figure 2). Now gently pull up the top and bottom parts of this wire to disconnect it from the phone using your pry tool.
- There is one (1) screw that holds the loud speaker. Remove this screw to totally remove the loud speaker from the bottom of the phone.
- Disconnect all the connection then gently remove the entire motherboard from the phone’s housing.
- Remove four (4) screws from the center of the phone to remove the keyboard frame. Two of these are placed in the black plastic beneath where the motherboard was sited. Then, removing the sticker underneath the battery housing (as shown in figure 3) with the safe open pry tool to expose two (2) more screws that must be removed. Then lightly pull up on the keyboard frame and it will come off easily.
- Next remove the C side housing by removing four screws placed in a row, beneath the flex cable that is still hanging in place. Then you can remove the C side housing, but be cautious not to damage the flex cable as it maneuvers through the hole.
- Remove four (4) screws to remove the slide rail, one at each corner. Remove using nippers the rubber round covers from the two screws and take is aside. Pry apart the top and bottom of the phone using safe pry tool. Then move to the sides, where there are six (6) total clips holding the slide rail in place-3 on each side. Using the open pry tool, cautiously pry apart the sides, being cautious not to damage the flex cable. Before pulling off the slide rail, make sure to pry all the sides.
- Use a pry tool to remove the small blue pieces of tape to remove the slide rail flex cable as shown in figure 3.
- The slide rail flex cable is the odd-shaped black cable beneath the tape. To remove the front camera flex cable slowly (a beige tiny cable placed behind the camera lens) with nippers, you will be able to pry up the remaining slide rail flex cable, and gently remove it.
Now your Samsung Epic 4G will be completely taken apart allowing you to install any replacement parts. Keep all parts together in the order you took them apart, and simply reverse the order to put the phone back together.