Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Epic 4G Touch > Epic 4G Touch - All Things Root

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
handler313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 262
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G LTE with a fully fed Panda!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 113 Times in 71 Posts
Default Battery Issue

I have had a weird problem the last two nights. I have gone to bed with around 70% charge and when I wake up the battery is completely drained. When I just checked the battery usage it said 41% of the usage was display so I am guessing a wake lock issue but I have never had this issue during the day in fact the battery life is outstanding.

After this happened 2 nights ago I added a SetCPU profile at night that kicks in at 3am that goes to powersave mode but that did not seem to help

I am stock but have the EL26 modems because the EL29s screwed with my GPS. any help you all can give would be outstanding

Advertisements
handler313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rounsy222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: superior wi
Posts: 592
 
Device(s): Samsung epic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by handler313 View Post
I have had a weird problem the last two nights. I have gone to bed with around 70% charge and when I wake up the battery is completely drained. When I just checked the battery usage it said 41% of the usage was display so I am guessing a wake lock issue but I have never had this issue during the day in fact the battery life is outstanding.

After this happened 2 nights ago I added a SetCPU profile at night that kicks in at 3am that goes to powersave mode but that did not seem to help

I am stock but have the EL26 modems because the EL29s screwed with my GPS. any help you all can give would be outstanding

Can you paste a screenshot of your battery stats? Also what is your cell standby time and click on it and see what your time without signal is? Have you installed any new apps lately or have any that have updated? What kernel are you using?
rounsy222 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
handler313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 262
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G LTE with a fully fed Panda!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 113 Times in 71 Posts
Default

I dont have a screenshot sorry :/ (and the stats are gone because I calibrated the battery)

I added no apps in the past few days and I am on the stock kernal. (on the stock settings and ondemand governor) I have updated a bunch of apps but when I looked none of them seemed out of whack. As of now everything is is running normally just like yesterday during the day.
handler313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rounsy222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: superior wi
Posts: 592
 
Device(s): Samsung epic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Hmmmm. This will take a bit to sort out because we are lacking some basic info. Are you rooted? I am assuming so because you are on a different modem. Getting better battery stats app either from market (paid) or for free on xda would help narrow down any kernel related wake locks. Outside of that need to just let your battery stats compile overnight and see what it tells us. Also watchdog lite, free from market, could also let you know if you have any rouge apps or even system apps. Signal strength can be a huge killer if you are on a fringe area if you float in and out of roaming or bouncing between 2g & 3g.
rounsy222 is offline  
Last edited by rounsy222; April 27th, 2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Fixed typos
Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
handler313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 262
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G LTE with a fully fed Panda!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 113 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rounsy222 View Post
Hmmmm. This will take a bit to sort out because we are lacking some basic info. Are you rooted? I am assuming so because you are on a different modem. Getting better battery stats app either from market (paid) or for free on xda would help narrow down any kernel related wake locks. Outside of that need to just let your battery stats compile overnight and see what it tells us. Also watchdog lite, free from market, could also let you know if you have any rouge apps or even system apps. Signal strength can be a huge killer if you are on a fringe area if you float in and out of roaming or bouncing between 2g & 3g.
I am rooted. Signal strength is not an issue because I am on wifi at home permanently and even when I am not I have a signal booster so I always have strong 3g service. I come from a rooted HTC Evo 4G so I know all the little tricks to keep the battery life going.

I will let it go tonight and see what happens and if it drains again I will get you the stats. Thanks.
handler313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rounsy222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: superior wi
Posts: 592
 
Device(s): Samsung epic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by handler313 View Post
I am rooted. Signal strength is not an issue because I am on wifi at home permanently and even when I am not I have a signal booster so I always have strong 3g service. I come from a rooted HTC Evo 4G so I know all the little tricks to keep the battery life going.

I will let it go tonight and see what happens and if it drains again I will get you the stats. Thanks.

Np. Trying to help someone on these forums is a challenge at times because you never know what level they are at, what they have actually done to their phones, what's on their phones etc.. if you could grab better battery stats that would help as well so we can see what's going on a little deeper.
rounsy222 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 10:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
handler313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 262
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G LTE with a fully fed Panda!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 113 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Well whatever was causing the issue is now gone. Battery seems back to normal. I did delete some apps I have stopped using so I am guessing maybe one of them was causing wake lock issues.

Thanks
handler313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rounsy222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: superior wi
Posts: 592
 
Device(s): Samsung epic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Well glad its back to normal. Let me know if there is anything else.
rounsy222 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Battery Life Issues

I am having battery life issues, my battery will be at 41% and like every sec decline down until it is to 0%. I try to continuously charge the phone while on and it does not work. When it goes to 0% then I try to charge when the phone is turned off and it still doesn not work. I am very frustrated and fed up! I love my phone and but I need it for work and everyday. I do not have a home phone because my cell phone is my sole communication. I am not computer or android savvy. I am asking for help in simple words and instructions. Can anybody out there help me please???!!! I took my phone to Sprint and they told me that there is nothing they could do, it was due to some update done three weeks ago that had problems and for me to be patient but that was a week ago when my phone was at least holding some charge but now it is always on 14% or lower. Please, please can someone help. This is really frustrating to me. Thanks.
androidfordumm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey you all having issues with battery drainin,i have same issues ,i did all i could before buying a new battery,i reset,got the fh13 got the lowest battery saving setting,juice defender,watchdog etc etc nothing works,pull the trigger on an new ebay battery and its being off the wall for 7hours with medium To heavyuse and still got 65% so if you phone is almost a year old or so what you might need is just a new battery,i guess just batteries go bad as they get old.
ttprodr is offline  
Last edited by ttprodr; September 1st, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Epic 4G Touch > Epic 4G Touch - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.