Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Eris > Eris - All Things Root
Eris - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 26th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Need ROMS

Every since megaupload.com was shutdown and when i try to go to multiupload, it won't load and that is where all the ROMS are. I'm new to rooting so I can't find any ROMS and if anyone would be generous enough to upload a few for me it would be much appreciated. I'm looking for mainly the plainjane 1.0, gingertazz 27 or the newest one, tainted vanilla, and whatever you have thanks.

droider96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 26th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,564
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 490
Thanked 1,536 Times in 1,204 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by droider96 View Post
Every since megaupload.com was shutdown and when i try to go to multiupload, it won't load and that is where all the ROMS are. I'm new to rooting so I can't find any ROMS and if anyone would be generous enough to upload a few for me it would be much appreciated. I'm looking for mainly the plainjane 1.0, gingertazz 27 or the newest one, tainted vanilla, and whatever you have thanks.
I don't have any of those. I still think that anyone interested in PlainJane would be far better off with a ROM based off of the latest stock OTA for the Eris, which PlainJane most definitely is not. xtrSENSE, xtrROM, 666th Sense - all of these would be better.

All are on my Dropbox:

xtrSENSE: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/220420/Eris/xtrSENSE/xtrSENSE5.0.1.zip
xtrROM: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/220420/Eris/xtrROM/xtrROM5.0.1.zip
666th Sense: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/220420/Eris/666th_Sense_V1.1E.zip
doogald is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank you very much
droider96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
not really so scary
 
scary alien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 16,610
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Nexus 7, Moto Droid X, HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 30,605
Thanked 14,080 Times in 6,876 Posts
Default

Guys,

Moving this thread over to the all-things-root sub-forum for the Eris.

By the way, at one point in time, I had copied over the vast majority of the ROMs that grdlock had posted on his FTP site.

These were the admittedly older ROMs, but if you need a real oldie, I've probably got it somewhere.

Let me know.

Thanks!
scary alien is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jelly Doughnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 51
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt, Asus Transformer (TF101), HTC Eris (not in use)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Thanks for this thread guys. I was having the same problem with finding roms (now that I got around to rooting my disused eris).
Jelly Doughnut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
I don't have any of those. I still think that anyone interested in PlainJane would be far better off with a ROM based off of the latest stock OTA for the Eris, which PlainJane most definitely is not. xtrSENSE, xtrROM, 666th Sense - all of these would be better.

All are on my Dropbox:

xtrSENSE: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/220420/Eris/xtrSENSE/xtrSENSE5.0.1.zip
xtrROM: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/220420/Eris/xtrROM/xtrROM5.0.1.zip
666th Sense: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/220420/Eris/666th_Sense_V1.1E.zip
doogald - I'm rooting for 8 yr old to use, so easiest inerface/functionality is goal.

I believe that the xtrSENSE option leaves all the existing data (contacts, email, apps, etc.) on the phone, correct? And the xtrROM option overwrites everything just like reinstalling windows on your pc with original disk. Is this correct?

I don't want existing data (contacts, email, etc.) on the Eris anymore, in case the 8 yr old loses it. I "think" I need to be using xtrROM, but if it doesn't have the basic "click next" or "pick A or B" type instructions like reinstalling windows, I'll be in over my head.

any guidance? (and feel free to point out if I should be using 666th Sense instead).

Thanks.
StupidSkiHat is offline  
Last edited by StupidSkiHat; July 26th, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,564
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 490
Thanked 1,536 Times in 1,204 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidSkiHat View Post
doogald - I'm rooting for 8 yr old to use, so easiest inerface/functionality is goal.

I believe that the xtrSENSE option leaves all the existing data (contacts, email, apps, etc.) on the phone, correct? And the xtrROM option overwrites everything just like reinstalling windows on your pc with original disk. Is this correct?
While you may install xtrSENSE that way, it's not necessary - you can install it in a way that wipes the data and has you install from scratch.

One issue to be aware of, for all ROMs that you install: a wiped data Eris will attempt to activate the phone when you first start, and you cannot skip that step easily. The way to do it is to allow the phone to dial and manually disconnect it before it answers, just after it rings. It will try three times; after the third time it will give up and allow you to continue the setup after connecting to a wifi network.

Quote:
I don't want existing data (contacts, email, etc.) on the Eris anymore, in case the 8 yr old loses it. I "think" I need to be using xtrROM, but if it doesn't have the basic "click next" or "pick A or B" type instructions like reinstalling windows, I'll be in over my head.

any guidance? (and feel free to point out if I should be using 666th Sense instead).

Thanks.
You can try them all, if you wish. Just follow the directions in the Eris rooting for dummies thread here in the all things root forum and it will walk you through the process for any of those three ROMs. (However, I would try xtrSENSE or xtrROM over 666Sense, because it gives more room for user apps.)

Good luck! I'm vacationing for the rest of the week but I do check in here daily, so just post if ou have questions.
doogald is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Eris > Eris - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.