Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Esteem > Esteem - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jzebrahockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Habra, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 337
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 173
Thanked 109 Times in 70 Posts
Default Reboots when charging

I don't know why but whenever I have my phone plugged in and charging and I am using it, it randomly reboots. When I use it unplugged it doesn't reboot. I am running gingersteem extreme with the updated 2.2ghz kernel and the Gingerfusion 3.9. Any ideas as to why this would be happening? Thank you for your help.

jzebrahockey is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 343
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 47
Thanked 68 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzebrahockey View Post
I don't know why but whenever I have my phone plugged in and charging and I am using it, it randomly reboots. When I use it unplugged it doesn't reboot. I am running gingersteem extreme with the updated 2.2ghz kernel and the Gingerfusion 3.9. Any ideas as to why this would be happening? Thank you for your help.
do you use setcpu or rom toolbox to scale your cpu?
demarsjcd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

This started happening to me to after i put the 2.2 oc kernel. and it doesnt boot back up, it keeps rebooting
juan12456 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
La patience et le pardon
 
gbiggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit,Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,882
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 2,615
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,849 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan12456 View Post
This started happening to me to after i put the 2.2 oc kernel. and it doesnt boot back up, it keeps rebooting
Make sure which ever app you are using to set the kernel that "set at boot" is NOT checked. Your phone might not be able to stand the highest setting.
gbiggie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jeyd02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: US
Posts: 1,607
 
Device(s): Huawei ascend Rooted (cm7.1), (Full powered, @ 1.9GHz Oced)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 90
Thanked 259 Times in 196 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan12456 View Post
This started happening to me to after i put the 2.2 oc kernel. and it doesnt boot back up, it keeps rebooting
Yeah I was getting some reboots with the kernel also. Try setting the scaling to "on demand". at Least that what worked for me.
Jeyd02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jzebrahockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Habra, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 337
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 173
Thanked 109 Times in 70 Posts
Default

I have SetCPU running and I do have rom manager pro but I never set it up to control my CPU. I went in and looked at it and it shows 1200/245. Do you think it could be causing an issue with setcpu? I have my max at 1200 and min at 245 for setcpu. Set on boot is not checked. Thanks again everyone for your input and help.
jzebrahockey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 343
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 47
Thanked 68 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzebrahockey View Post
I have SetCPU running and I do have rom manager pro but I never set it up to control my CPU. I went in and looked at it and it shows 1200/245. Do you think it could be causing an issue with setcpu? I have my max at 1200 and min at 245 for setcpu. Set on boot is not checked. Thanks again everyone for your input and help.
Yes it def. can be causing the problem. I had the same problem and by clearing all data and uninstalling rom manager it fixed the problem.
demarsjcd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jzebrahockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Habra, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 337
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 173
Thanked 109 Times in 70 Posts
Default

Sorry rom toolbox pro not manager. So can I keep rom toolbox pro and just get rid of Setcpu? Is there much of a difference between the two or am I ok to just use that since I like the ability to change my fonts or boot animation or icons.
jzebrahockey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
intrdrgn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brandon, Florida
Posts: 872
 
Device(s): THEN:Huawei Ascend oc' 729 CM7... NOW: LG Esteem Rooted oc' 1.9 w/benchmark @ 4341
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 368
Thanked 232 Times in 188 Posts
Default

i have mine set @ 368 min, & 1900 max w/ondemand, & i also get reboot while charging. i did notice the battery temp. @ 41.0*C 105.8 *F.
intrdrgn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jzebrahockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Habra, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 337
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 173
Thanked 109 Times in 70 Posts
Default

I looked at my temp and it was around 98*F so I don't think it was a temp thing for me. I uninstalled setcpu and the free rom toolbox and now I don't seem to have any more reboots. I will keep trying and let you know.
jzebrahockey is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 26th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
La patience et le pardon
 
gbiggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit,Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,882
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 2,615
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,849 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrdrgn View Post
i have mine set @ 368 min, & 1900 max w/ondemand, & i also get reboot while charging. i did notice the battery temp. @ 41.0*C 105.8 *F.
105.8

That is HOT!
Mine was rebooting whenever it got over 94. I set to run at 576max 122min when charging( It needs the rest too sometimes)
gbiggie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palm Bay, Florida
Posts: 5,504
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend-PlayfulGod's CM7.2 0912 @729 LG Esteem(stock) LG Esteem- running #2
Carrier: Metro

Thanks: 944
Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default

I set mine to 368 and 1.7 non stop.

130 degrees is the "danger zone" according to this app that I had a while back that I cant remember the name of but it would alert you when you are in danger of overheating.
ShinySide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 343
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 47
Thanked 68 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide View Post
I set mine to 368 and 1.7 non stop.

130 degrees is the "danger zone" according to this app that I had a while back that I cant remember the name of but it would alert you when you are in danger of overheating.
same here. Except mine's at about 1.8 1.9 depending how much multi tasking I'm doing. Currently at 114 F
demarsjcd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jeyd02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: US
Posts: 1,607
 
Device(s): Huawei ascend Rooted (cm7.1), (Full powered, @ 1.9GHz Oced)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 90
Thanked 259 Times in 196 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzebrahockey View Post
Sorry rom toolbox pro not manager. So can I keep rom toolbox pro and just get rid of Setcpu? Is there much of a difference between the two or am I ok to just use that since I like the ability to change my fonts or boot animation or icons.
Basically in setcpu you could create porfiles where you want the phone to automaticly be underclock or change speed at any given event, in rom toolbox you don't have that option. I use both tho.
Jeyd02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Esteem > Esteem - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.