Originally Posted by Allie3412
So I've searched the forum database and the internet at large and can't seem to find anyone with 'exactly' my problem. My Eve has been problematic since I got it 3 months ago. I perform at least 10 battery pulls a day to get it to 'wake up' because nothing else works. It started to get really cranky on Friday night but it continued working -- very slowly -- but I kept getting error msgs (don't ask me, can't remember!) The battery dies, so I plugged it in overnight. Since then it turns on, shows the Rogers screen, gets to the Android screen with the light scrolling across the letters, then hangs there. Twice I somehow managed to get it to a screen that said ARM11 has failed and gave me 2 options, volume down or volume up. I tried each of these once...same thing. Today it somehow got to ! EMERGENCY MODE but was then completely unresponsive while showing this text. I called Rogers and he suggested I do an update but that it would erase all my info. I was desperate and tried this, but to no avail. Did not do anything different to my phone. As I sit here typing, the Android screen is scrolling sideways, doing it's thing. Meanwhile I have no cell phone.
Can anyone help? Do I need to send this thing back? Apparently Rogers doesn't replace it (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada). They ship it on my behalf to LG who assesses and decides if they will replace or inform Rogers to inform me that it needs to be repaired, then LG charges me $30 for the assesment. Could take 2-3 weeks -- they will give me an old flip phone to use for that time. Great. Thanks. Meanwhile no discount on the monthly Data/Cell phone plan. It's kind of striking a nerve. I'm considering sending it back and buying a used iPhone 3G for $300 and if I get the Eve back, I'll sell it over the internet.
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller...?
First of all, hello to you. I found a solution for this problem.
I seriously registered on here just to post the solution, because I felt how annoying it must be to be stuck with this lame ass problem! It will be my only post, and I truly hope it helps some people work around this dead end!
My wife has the LG Eve (so do i) but her phone has always been more crashy then mine. Today it totally crashed and became the exact situation you are experiencing, stuck on the android screen.
I was desperate for a solution because we're out traveling, so I browsed the net and wouldn't find anything. I found your thread and saw the desperation of others who just couldn't get it fixed.
What follows worked for me:
1) Removed the memory card
2) Removed the SIM card
3) Removed the battery
4) Plugged into the charger
5) Turned the phone on (without the battery!)
6) It gives you an image insisting that you should put on the battery lol
7) Put the battery back in
8) The phone didn't really power on after that, but it went to the "battery charging" animation
9) Press the power button to power it on
10) That's when it finally booted
11) The OS was instantly crashing in my case, some "Android Box Process Crash, Force Close"
12) If you have that same issue, you need to click the button to place a phone call inbetween 2 such crashes really quickly, like Lucky Luke so to speak.
13) Once you're into the phone call dialer, dial the phone reset code: 3845#*620#
14) Chose the "reset phone" option. You will lose all contacts and whatever, but your phone will boot like a fresh install, all bugs gone! Resurrected like a mini jesus!
15) If this doesn't work for you, I am sorry. It did for us!
If it worked for you and you want to let me know, pay me a quick visit on forums.annexation.ca!