Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO 4G > EVO 4G - All Things Root
EVO 4G - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default Why doesn't 3g work anymore?

My evo says 1x all the time where it used to say 3g.

I just rooted and flashed mikfroyo 4.61.

prl 01115
pri 1.90_003
software# 3.70.651.1
kernel 2.6.32.17-gee557fd htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
baseband 2.15.00.11.19

Thanks

Advertisements
__________________
Device = Evo4G > Samsung G4
ROM = rooted stock for now
Kernel = stock for now
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortstu View Post
My evo says 1x all the time where it used to say 3g.

I just rooted and flashed mikfroyo 4.61.

prl 01115
pri 1.90_003
software# 3.70.651.1
kernel 2.6.32.17-gee557fd htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
baseband 2.15.00.11.19

Thanks

Mik apparently fixed his to tell the truth...you likely never got 3g. Wanna know, run a speed test
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomattnc View Post
Mik apparently fixed his to tell the truth...you likely never got 3g. Wanna know, run a speed test

I find that hard to believe. I live in an area that gets 4g coverage so I would bet that we have 3g. When on 4g I can use data and get phone calls at the same time. That's a sign that 4g is working plus it seems significantly faster.

Does anyone have any answers for this? Do I have to reflash?
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortstu View Post
I find that hard to believe. I live in an area that gets 4g coverage so I would bet that we have 3g. When on 4g I can use data and get phone calls at the same time. That's a sign that 4g is working plus it seems significantly faster.

Does anyone have any answers for this? Do I have to reflash?
how is 4g related to 3g in any way? They are two different radios. Also Just because your area has 3g available doesnt always mean your phone is utilizing it. Or the tower is having 3g data issues...call sprint? its not related to wimax...

Point was sense roms do not tell you if you are on 1x they ALWAYS say 3g. There is a fix out for that now and it seems that Mik may have included it since yours is actually telling you that you are on 1x. Point was on whatever sense rom you were on before it was always saying 3g whether it was or not.

Believe it or not, i dont care...try restoring data profile, updating prl (already is..try reverting), or reflashing...hell try toggling airplane mode...
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomattnc View Post
how is 4g related to 3g in any way? They are two different radios. Also Just because your area has 3g available doesnt always mean your phone is utilizing it. Or the tower is having 3g data issues...call sprint? its not related to wimax...
Ok so how do I get my phone to utilize it? I haven't had a 3g icon since I flashed mikfroyo. I notice a difference in speed as well. If I call sprint what do I say? "get I just rooted and flashed a rom and realized I'm not getting 3g, what's up?"

Quote:
Believe it or not, i dont care...try restoring data profile, updating prl (already is..try reverting), or reflashing...hell try toggling airplane mode...
Wow. Thanks. Sincerely. I appreciate any and all help and wouldn't assume anyone really "cares" about my problems but its it really necessary to say you don't? Are these final suggestions really worth trying.

Does anyone less apathetic have any ideas?

Thanks.
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortstu View Post
Ok so how do I get my phone to utilize it? I haven't had a 3g icon since I flashed mikfroyo. I notice a difference in speed as well. If I call sprint what do I say? "get I just rooted and flashed a rom and realized I'm not getting 3g, what's up?"



Wow. Thanks. Sincerely. I appreciate any and all help and wouldn't assume anyone really "cares" about my problems but its it really necessary to say you don't? Are these final suggestions really worth trying.

Does anyone less apathetic have any ideas?

Thanks.
You need to read better bud, first I give you some info and you say you find it hard to believe, then i give you more info and you call me apathetic and bitch some more. Also i didnt say i didnt care about your problem i said i didnt care whether you believed the info i gave you...now im apathetic...enjoy 1x.

If you search the forum i'm sure youll find your answer...
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011), JEast (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
andygu3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lewis Center, OH
Posts: 4,692
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy Note 2, Transformer Prime
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,755
Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,273 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortstu View Post
Ok so how do I get my phone to utilize it? I haven't had a 3g icon since I flashed mikfroyo. I notice a difference in speed as well. If I call sprint what do I say? "get I just rooted and flashed a rom and realized I'm not getting 3g, what's up?"



Wow. Thanks. Sincerely. I appreciate any and all help and wouldn't assume anyone really "cares" about my problems but its it really necessary to say you don't? Are these final suggestions really worth trying.

Does anyone less apathetic have any ideas?

Thanks.
If you are up to trying something new I would do that otherwise a clean wipe and reflash may be in order.

If you are up to trying something new, I would suggest trying Calkulin's newest GB/2.3.3 release found HERE This is the direct link to the rom. As with all the Sense/GB roms, 100% brightness and you must use the stock kernel
andygu3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andygu3 For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

I take it you tried the vzw prl info my apathetic self emailed you yesterday? And you are not getting 3g with those either? In that case it's your tower or internal to your phone...a diff rom likely won't fix this as a matter of fact I'm almost sure it won't though it may tell you that you are getting 3g the only way to really know is to do what I said in the first place and run a speed test from speed test.net in the market, I would also try a data profile restore...ok back to apathy

Of course none of my info is believable...so take it with a grain of salt
evomattnc is offline  
Last edited by evomattnc; May 3rd, 2011 at 03:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

alum creek! lol
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Of course none of my info is believable...so take it with a grain of salt
Jeez dude I didn't say you were wrong. I said I find it hard to believe in my situation and I proceeded to tell you why. I live in a major city not too far from NYC. I have towers all over the place. Maybe your right. I wasn't trying to attack your credibility. I've said I appreciate your help sincerely and I mean it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomattnc View Post
I take it you tried the vzw prl info my apathetic self emailed you yesterday? And you are not getting 3g with those either? In that case it's your tower or internal to your phone...a diff rom likely won't fix this as a matter of fact I'm almost sure it won't though it may tell you that you are getting 3g the only way to really know is to do what I said in the first place and run a speed test from speed test.net in the market, I would also try a data profile restore...ok back to apathy
I haven't tried the vzw prl yet and thank you for that by the way. I'm interested in that because I go up into the mountains a few times a year and there is absolutely no sprint there. I'm hoping that the vzw prls will work there.

As to the speed test you suggest I run that with mikfroyo and then again with a stock unrooted ROM to compare? I mean I could do the speed test with mik's but I don't have a baseline to compare to.

Quote:
You need to read better bud, first I give you some info and you say you find it hard to believe, then i give you more info and you call me apathetic and bitch some more. Also i didnt say i didnt care about your problem i said i didnt care whether you believed the info i gave you...now im apathetic...enjoy 1x.
Yes I probably do and I apologize if what I wrote gave you a different idea that what I intended. If we were together in person we wouldn't have had this misunderstanding. I'm not bitching by the way. I'm trouble shooting. I appreciate the potential solutions/ explanations to my problems but I'm looking for more. I hope you don't take offense to that since it isn't my intention. I don't think you're lying I don't find anything your saying unbelievable I just think that it probably doesn't apply to my situation...

Please don't take offense. I'm sure you know your sh!t and I appreciate that you're trying to help me.
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

meh i got over it, i was just poking at you with that last one .

My gf is pms'ing today, go easy on me lol

OK onto fixing your issue bud....

So you were on roms before and they said 3g?...were they all sense roms? Sense roms unless "fixed" wont tell you the truth so i have no way of knowing whether you ever had 3g unless an aosp rom told you so or you have an app like easy access settings and its said so.

Aosp roms will differentiate between the two.

Mik froyo is telling you 1x though correct? What rom were you on before that when you "had" 3g?

I dont need a speed test per say if it says 1x, just if it said 3g i would want one so we would know for sure. What is more useful is if you get 3g anywhere, like 15 minutes away on a different tower...?

Flashing a rom should not affect your ability to connect to 3g which i why i said it was unlikely you had it before. Flashing a rom just writes to system and boot partitions
evomattnc is offline  
Last edited by evomattnc; May 3rd, 2011 at 03:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

let me funnel that lol...let me know or check and see if you get 3g speed anywhere else outside of your current tower.

If you call sprint just tell them you are getting poor download speeds on 3g and wanted to know if your tower was having an issue.

This way we can rule out that your tower is just "down".
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomattnc View Post
OK onto fixing your issue bud....

So you were on roms before and they said 3g?...were they all sense roms? Sense roms unless "fixed" wont tell you the truth so i have no way of knowing whether you ever had 3g unless an aosp rom told you so or you have an app like easy access settings and its said so.

Aosp roms will differentiate between the two.

Mik froyo is telling you 1x though correct? What rom were you on before that when you "had" 3g?

I dont need a speed test per say if it says 1x, just if it said 3g i would want one so we would know for sure. What is more useful is if you get 3g anywhere, like 15 minutes away on a different tower...?

Flashing a rom should not affect your ability to connect to 3g which i why i said it was unlikely you had it before. Flashing a rom just writes to system and boot partitions
OK great. I'm glad we cleared that up.

I was on Mik before but I probably flashed it 2-3 months ago. Before that I was on myns and fresh. Recently I was stock since I had to return the phone and just got this one. I know they're all sense roms so there is no way of knowing.

My wife has a stock unrooted evo saying 3g. When I get home I'll run speed test on her phone, is this and app, and then run it on my phone. That way we have a baseline.

Thanks for all the help.
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortstu View Post
OK great. I'm glad we cleared that up.

I was on Mik before but I probably flashed it 2-3 months ago. Before that I was on myns and fresh. Recently I was stock since I had to return the phone and just got this one. I know they're all sense roms so there is no way of knowing.

My wife has a stock unrooted evo saying 3g. When I get home I'll run speed test on her phone, is this and app, and then run it on my phone. That way we have a baseline.

Thanks for all the help.
OK great you will have another evo on the same tower, that will tell us if its your tower or your phone, that narrows it down. I'll check back for a response in a bit friend.

Its an app in the market for free called speedtest.net and doesnt require root so all is well. You can also run speedtests on your computer and stuff, its a website too but yes there is an app for that
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

ok have both evos next to each other. Start download on mine it is right now at 26%. Been going for about 3 minutes. Took about 5 seconds on my wifes evo. How's that for confirmation?
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

wifes stock unrooted
ping 202ms
dl 695 kbps
ul 388 kbps

mine...

Still only 48% downloaded
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

wife's stock unrooted
ping 127ms
dl 589 kbps
ul 532 kbps

mine... 73% of download completed
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

lol ok your phone is running in 1x for no good reason

Does she have the latest prl?

Lets start with a data profile restore...do you know your msl? if not get msl reader from market and get your msl its 6 digits

Open dialer dial ##data# dont actually hit dial, menu pops up, select edit, enter msl, go to data profile press menu hit restore, it'll reboot, activate, and update prl, just cancel the prl update when it comes up you are already on the newest.

Also while in the data menu you may want to change your proxies to zero before restoring your profile. Those are under advanced and at the bottom. Change Http PD proxy port to 0 and change http PD proxy address to 0.0.0.0 this is just a fix to help with streaming...
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

ok my phone

ping 381ms
dl 8kbps
ul 90 kbps
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortstu View Post
ok my phone

ping 381ms
dl 8kbps
ul 90 kbps

Was that really an 8 lol?
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
sponsored links
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomattnc View Post
Was that really an 8 lol?
yes
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

her prl is 60677
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortstu View Post
yes

Did you do the profile restore yet?
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

That msl reader should be done downloading in about a day and a half.
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomattnc View Post
Did you do the profile restore yet?

We may change your prl to a diff sprint one but we will try that in a bit
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortstu View Post
That msl reader should be done downloading in about a day and a half.

You can call sprint and ask nicely lol it may be faster
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomattnc View Post
You can call sprint and ask nicely lol it may be faster
I've got the msl.

I did update the profile and prl right after I flashed mikfroyo
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

I'm restoring the data profile now.
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortstu View Post
I've got the msl.

I did update the profile and prl right after I flashed mikfroyo

Well we can try a diff prl really quick we wont keep it, just test if your phone is stuck...hang on I'll grab a link
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

Wait I already emailed it to you lol. Go download 0001 and save it to your phone. I'll walk you through the rest after you get it
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
sponsored links
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

OK so it now says 3g where it used to say 1x. Thanks. I guess that got the job done... here's the software info.


pri 1.90_003
prl 0115
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortstu View Post
OK so it now says 3g where it used to say 1x. Thanks. I guess that got the job done... here's the software info.


pri 1.90_003
prl 0115

Restore worked...run a test and it's good now?
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:34 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomattnc View Post
Also while in the data menu you may want to change your proxies to zero before restoring your profile. Those are under advanced and at the bottom. Change Http PD proxy port to 0 and change http PD proxy address to 0.0.0.0 this is just a fix to help with streaming...
OK so I did this part. What did it do? Thanks again for all the help. I'm pretty sure it worked.
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:36 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortstu View Post
OK so I did this part. What did it do? Thanks again for all the help. I'm pretty sure it worked.

That was a sprint suggestion to improve streaming. Pandora and stuff should stream better now without skips and such
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:41 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 295
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomattnc View Post
Restore worked...run a test and it's good now?
speed test results

ping 200ms
dl 825 kbps
ul 369 kbps

test 2

ping 201 ms
dl 635 kbps
ul 383 kbps
hortstu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evomattnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 3,245
 
Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 94
Thanked 536 Times in 473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortstu View Post
speed test results

ping 200ms
dl 825 kbps
ul 369 kbps

test 2

ping 201 ms
dl 635 kbps
ul 383 kbps

Cool better than average, glad it worked
evomattnc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomattnc For This Useful Post:
hortstu (May 3rd, 2011)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO 4G > EVO 4G - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.