Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO 4G > EVO 4G - All Things Root
EVO 4G - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 6th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mikekelso421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: port st lucie,fl
Posts: 671
 
Device(s): [HTC Evo 4G]Mik 3.11 w/ ICS Theme/MetrogenMod 4.5,[Lg Optimus M] My EZ Rider 2.2.2 w/ My ICS Theme
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 186
Thanked 366 Times in 170 Posts
mikekelso420@gmail.com
Question sense rom MMS fix for evo?

so i have been searching high and low for a MMS fix for SENSE ROMS.(metropcs HTC EVO) i have the AOSP data/mms fix but it doesnt work on sense based roms does anyone know of a .zip that you can flash after a sense rom to fix MMS?? All help much appreciated! i would like to actually used MYN's WARM rom for a while but no MMS is kinda a problem.thanks everyone!

Advertisements
mikekelso421 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 6th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wake69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,808
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 98
Thanked 516 Times in 399 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekelso421 View Post
so i have been searching high and low for a MMS fix for SENSE ROMS.(metropcs HTC EVO) i have the AOSP data/mms fix but it doesnt work on sense based roms does anyone know of a .zip that you can flash after a sense rom to fix MMS?? All help much appreciated! i would like to actually used MYN's WARM rom for a while but no MMS is kinda a problem.thanks everyone!
Unless you are on a test build of cm7, everything on the evos are working. It may be that when you set up your evo for metro pcs you have a problem there. What have you done, when you flash rom, do you wipe data and caches?
__________________
Phone: HTC One M8
Root Method: Not Yet
wake69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Drew5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SF
Posts: 900
 
Device(s): HTC EVO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 103
Thanked 234 Times in 178 Posts
Default

I think your best bet would be to search XDA for a fix. I don'tthink a lot of people here are using evo's on metro....

have you tried a 3rd party sms app from the market.. like gosms ?
__________________
HTC EVO 4G LTE
Hboot 1.12.222 S-off
Radio 1.05.00.6.06

User name autogeek on themikmik
Drew5150 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mikekelso421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: port st lucie,fl
Posts: 671
 
Device(s): [HTC Evo 4G]Mik 3.11 w/ ICS Theme/MetrogenMod 4.5,[Lg Optimus M] My EZ Rider 2.2.2 w/ My ICS Theme
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 186
Thanked 366 Times in 170 Posts
mikekelso420@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake69 View Post
Unless you are on a test build of cm7, everything on the evos are working. It may be that when you set up your evo for metro pcs you have a problem there. What have you done, when you flash rom, do you wipe data and caches?
well im currently using CM7 stable.everything works..my gps is a little buggy but still seems to work ok..but the .zip i have to fix mms ONLY works with AOSP and MIUI ROMS..web talk and text works fine one sense roms except for MMS..and yea,when i flash roms i wipe EVERYTHING.unless im flashing a kernel,then i just wipe cache and dalvik..but i searched over at XDA but i only see the couple fixes there but none for sense.ill keep a lokk0out but if any info is came across please pass it along.thanks for the reply
mikekelso421 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mikekelso421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: port st lucie,fl
Posts: 671
 
Device(s): [HTC Evo 4G]Mik 3.11 w/ ICS Theme/MetrogenMod 4.5,[Lg Optimus M] My EZ Rider 2.2.2 w/ My ICS Theme
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 186
Thanked 366 Times in 170 Posts
mikekelso420@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew5150 View Post
I think your best bet would be to search XDA for a fix. I don'tthink a lot of people here are using evo's on metro....

have you tried a 3rd party sms app from the market.. like gosms ?
no i havent..i dont even know what that is/used for..lol i use handcent.but never anything else..
mikekelso421 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wake69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,808
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 98
Thanked 516 Times in 399 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekelso421 View Post
well im currently using CM7 stable.everything works..my gps is a little buggy but still seems to work ok..but the .zip i have to fix mms ONLY works with AOSP and MIUI ROMS..web talk and text works fine one sense roms except for MMS..and yea,when i flash roms i wipe EVERYTHING.unless im flashing a kernel,then i just wipe cache and dalvik..but i searched over at XDA but i only see the couple fixes there but none for sense.ill keep a lokk0out but if any info is came across please pass it along.thanks for the reply
CM7 is aosp not sense, are you moving to sense? if so, try caulkens superwipe or vm superwipe before flashing a sense rom.http://infectedrom.com/showthread.php/238-Vr_superwipe
wake69 is offline  
Last edited by wake69; June 6th, 2011 at 05:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mikekelso421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: port st lucie,fl
Posts: 671
 
Device(s): [HTC Evo 4G]Mik 3.11 w/ ICS Theme/MetrogenMod 4.5,[Lg Optimus M] My EZ Rider 2.2.2 w/ My ICS Theme
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 186
Thanked 366 Times in 170 Posts
mikekelso420@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake69 View Post
CM7 is aosp not sense, are you moving to sense? if so, try caulkens superwipe or vm superwipe before flashing a sense rom.Vr_superwipe
Yes I'm aware cm7 is aosp. And the .Zip I use for mms works with aosp. But I want to move to myns warm.but the mms zip wont fix mms on sense Roms.it just deletes the stock mms.apk. so I need a .zip that will fix mms on a sense rom.
mikekelso421 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mr. Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 6,675
 
Device(s): S3, Evo LTE,Galaxy Note, Skyrocket, Aria, Nook Color Lg thrill,HTC EVO 4g, HTC Inspire,S7 slim,Acer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,008
Thanked 1,467 Times in 989 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekelso421 View Post
Yes I'm aware cm7 is aosp. And the .Zip I use for mms works with aosp. But I want to move to myns warm.but the mms zip wont fix mms on sense Roms.it just deletes the stock mms.apk. so I need a .zip that will fix mms on a sense rom.
lol...I was about to refer you to your metro thread

The consensus from what I have read on xda about this with metro is that if your mms are not working..you did something wrong.


but I remind you..I haven't done much reading on the whole metro thing. I gave up on it when I read no 3g...I need 3g
__________________
I'm back....
Mr. Ed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
data, evo, fix, flash, htc, metro, mms, pcs, rom, sense


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO 4G > EVO 4G - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.