Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO 4G > EVO 4G - All Things Root
EVO 4G - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I just want to root my Evo 4G

For the past 2 days, I have been trying at all means to root my HTC Evo 4g. I've tried unrEVOked, z4root, SuperOneClick, Universal Androot, GingerBreak, rEVOlution, etc. none have given me the results I am looking for.

Whoever said its as easy as 1, 2 ,3 is wrong on so many levels. Nothing worked...i've spent literally 2 days trying to root this phone in order to get a better battery and delete junk apps, but this is so complicated...

Help would be appreciated.

Advertisements
Striffy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
~30% Carbon Black
 
Mikestony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N/W Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,345
 
Device(s): LG G3 (rooted)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 17,876
Thanked 14,649 Times in 9,060 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striffy View Post
For the past 2 days, I have been trying at all means to root my HTC Evo 4g. I've tried unrEVOked, z4root, SuperOneClick, Universal Androot, GingerBreak, rEVOlution, etc. none have given me the results I am looking for.

Whoever said its as easy as 1, 2 ,3 is wrong on so many levels. Nothing worked...i've spent literally 2 days trying to root this phone in order to get a better battery and delete junk apps, but this is so complicated...

Help would be appreciated.
Welcome here to AF!!
Can you get into bootloader and post what it says and then we will guide you to the correct guide to root your phone.
No worries, it is easy trust us!
Mikestony is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Bootloader says:

Supersonic EVT3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT- 2.16.0001
MCROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELCO3_16ac
RADIO-2.15.00.0808
Mar 8 2011, 17:02:15
Striffy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikestony View Post
Welcome here to AF!!
Can you get into bootloader and post what it says and then we will guide you to the correct guide to root your phone.
No worries, it is easy trust us!
Bootloader says:

Supersonic EVT3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT- 2.16.0001
MCROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELCO3_16ac
RADIO-2.15.00.0808
Mar 8 2011, 17:02:15
Striffy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
~30% Carbon Black
 
Mikestony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N/W Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,345
 
Device(s): LG G3 (rooted)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 17,876
Thanked 14,649 Times in 9,060 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striffy View Post
Bootloader says:

Supersonic EVT3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT- 2.16.0001
MCROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELCO3_16ac
RADIO-2.15.00.0808
Mar 8 2011, 17:02:15
o.k...when you said you tried revolutionary, was it this guide? or something similar?
I assume your bootloader says nothing about locked or unlocked correct?
And I assume with that hboot version, your desired results were to be s-off correct?
Mikestony is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikestony For This Useful Post:
ocnbrze (August 28th, 2012)
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikestony View Post
o.k...when you said you tried revolutionary, was it this guide? or something similar?
I assume your bootloader says nothing about locked or unlocked correct?
And I assume with that hboot version, your desired results were to be s-off correct?
When I tried revolutionary it just said "Waiting on mobile device...." I thought it had something to do with the software I have. But correct!
Striffy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: PA/NJ Usa
Posts: 922
 
Device(s): Evo 3d. Evo 4g. Galaxy SII. Nexus S 4g. Galaxy Prevail (the most loved), Galaxy S3
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 62
Thanked 346 Times in 213 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striffy View Post
When I tried revolutionary it just said "Waiting on mobile device...." I thought it had something to do with the software I have. But correct!
Did you select to have USB debugging on? When you plug in the phone to the computer how many icons pop up on the stat bar?
__________________
Mountain Dew makes me happy.
If I've helped you, a thank you would be cool.
kolosus is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kolosus For This Useful Post:
mikem0269 (August 28th, 2012), Mikestony (August 28th, 2012), ocnbrze (August 28th, 2012), tube517 (August 28th, 2012)
Reply
Tags
4gs, app, complicated, droid, evo, htc, phone, root, rooting, smartphone, superuser, unrevoked


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO 4G > EVO 4G - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.