August 12th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Will HTC follow the path of Palm?
About a year ago, my company started encouraging our clients to go with the HTC EVO. Although it had some bugs, it was a pretty good device and support (given the phone was just introduced) was outstanding!
Unfortunately, support and quality control is very poor! Is HTC growing too fast? Are they asking too much of their tech staff? Does their development staff have the time and talent to put out good software. Everyone is very courtesy and they try to be helpful but most of the time we have to explain how something is supposed to work before we even get into the bug! The current level of HTC SYNC is terrible! 2.3.3. has seemingly given us more problems than we had with the previous release.
They have told us that they don’t even have the capability to fill out a bug report! We have heard some unbelievable “answers!” Swipe was not working with 2.3.3. We were told that was developed by a third party and we would have to go to that company for a resolution. Doesn’t HTC have that ownership if it is included with the OS or shell? It’s like Ford saying, “that fuel pump was manufactured by a third party, call them!” We got a lot of “that how it was designed to work.” Again, like Ford saying “that banging you hear when you take a turn, that’s how we designed it!”
It is a shame the path that HTC seems to be going down.
If anyone knows how I can get a hold of the president of HTC, please let me know!
Here are just a few of the bugs:
HTC Sync – Their use of the word “Sync” is very lose!
1. Send to voicemail flag is turned off went bringing a contact from the PC to the phone as when someone has to do a factory reset and re-sync all of their contacts from the PC. The sync program does not store it in any field in Outlook, user defined or otherwise.
2. One way sync of playlist – build upon a “synced” playlist while on vacation, sync back to your PC and wala, it disappears!
3. Only scans seemingly one folder for playlists
4. Doesn’t perform a two way sync on pictures
5. If you change a record’s extensive notes on the phone and then sync, you lose all notes over a certain limit. We haven’t checked that out in a while so it may have been rectified.
6. Doubling records on both the calendar and contacts in Outlook 2007
7. Messing up birthdates and such in Outlook 2007 – haven’t put the time into that one to see if that is an EVO problem or not.
8. THERE IS NOT EVEN A MANUAL ON THIS SOFTWARE (as HTC confirmed)
1. Crashes more since 2.3.3
2. Keyboard does not appear, swipe trail sometimes goes away
3. CONSTANT problems keeping the communicate with a stereo Bluetooth going (SonyErricson MW600).
4. Phone sometimes does not dial or connect you after you dial a number. It just sits there!
I would hate to see a promising company like yours go the route Palm went.