Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO 4G > EVO 4G - Support and Troubleshooting

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 300
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 63 Times in 39 Posts
Notsure Facebook Contacts .. how to get rid of them?

Ok, so this is my first time with Android. When I first set the phone up with Facebook, it pulled EVERY friend I have and puts them in my phones contacts. After searching, I found that I can unsync them in my 'all' contacts list etc, but they are still showing up when I push 'PHONE' at the bottom of the home screen. They are behind the dialer. Is there anyway to set that screen to show recently dialed numbers or favorites or something? It's driving me mad lol.

SeauxCrazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,887
 
Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Thanks: 406
Thanked 947 Times in 589 Posts
Default

Umm my Hero just shows recent calls in and out behind the dialer when I press phone.. Maybe you just have to wait until you make a bunch of calls. Are you sure they aren't calls in and out.?
sikclown is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 300
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 63 Times in 39 Posts
Default

No, they are definitely fb contacts. People I don't even talk to lol
SeauxCrazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,887
 
Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Thanks: 406
Thanked 947 Times in 589 Posts
Default

Hmm go to People and then press Menu and then View and deselect Facebook if that is checked off
sikclown is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 89
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Hmm go to People and then press Menu and then View and deselect Facebook if that is checked off
I went there but facebook was already unchecked. All my facebook "contacts" still show up however. I really don't need all those people to show up in my contacts list.
iamfunkyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
AHWagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 317
 
Device(s): HTC One, HTC EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 14
Thanked 217 Times in 80 Posts
Default

I'd like to know this also! And I have GMail contacts in their too
__________________
HTC One | Nexus 10 | Instagram
AHWagner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,887
 
Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Thanks: 406
Thanked 947 Times in 589 Posts
Default

People then View then put a check in Only Contacts with phone number, check in Google (if that is where your contacts are or a check in Phone if you used HTC Sync or something else to get contacts in, no check in Facebook box and no check in Show Auto Gmail Contacts. From the some screen press menu and then settings and then Accounts and Sync and then Facebook for Sense and then uncheck sync Contacts.
sikclown is online now  
Last edited by sikclown; June 4th, 2010 at 10:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sikclown For This Useful Post:
baizej (June 5th, 2010), bfreddyberg (June 4th, 2010), clambert1273 (June 5th, 2010), clickclack (June 5th, 2010), El_Diablo (June 11th, 2010), gehx (November 13th, 2011), Karsten (June 4th, 2010), marctronixx (June 5th, 2010), shadrap (June 4th, 2010)
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

^^That worked, thanks!

For a second it scared me because when i clicked into view and unclicked google etc i glanced down and beside the phone only section it said (0) contacts... i thought the store didnt port them over from my Pre properly (just had it done 30 mins ago and just checked it out right now) but when i clicked on the phone button they are all there. Sweet, thanks!

Err wait when i went back into it they are all there again. Going to keep messing with it...
splattered is offline  
Last edited by splattered; June 4th, 2010 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,887
 
Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Thanks: 406
Thanked 947 Times in 589 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattered View Post
^^That worked, thanks!

For a second it scared me because when i clicked into view and unclicked google etc i glanced down and beside the phone only section it said (0) contacts... i thought the store didnt port them over from my Pre properly (just had it done 30 mins ago and just checked it out right now) but when i clicked on the phone button they are all there. Sweet, thanks!
Your welcome feel free to hit that Thanks button haha
sikclown is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sikclown For This Useful Post:
Dutch54 (June 11th, 2010)
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
AHWagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 317
 
Device(s): HTC One, HTC EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 14
Thanked 217 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Ah thanks also!
AHWagner is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caloy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,864
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 215
Thanked 194 Times in 145 Posts
Default

I think it's great, I have the contact numbers of all my friends! But then again, I also have the contact numbers of hundreds of other strangers. I wish I can just filter who will show up on facebook by groups, and who will be excluded.
__________________
Pre, may sindi ka?
Caloy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,887
 
Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Thanks: 406
Thanked 947 Times in 589 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloy View Post
I think it's great, I have the contact numbers of all my friends! But then again, I also have the contact numbers of hundreds of other strangers. I wish I can just filter who will show up on facebook by groups, and who will be excluded.
Agreed I love it too. You know you can delete the ones you don't want. It takes a little time but on the main People page press menu and then Delete and then you can scroll down your contacts and put an X next to the ones you want to delete and then Delete all of them. I did that on my Hero... Took about 5 minutes
sikclown is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 300
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 63 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Agreed I love it too. You know you can delete the ones you don't want. It takes a little time but on the main People page press menu and then Delete and then you can scroll down your contacts and put an X next to the ones you want to delete and then Delete all of them. I did that on my Hero... Took about 5 minutes

Did that remove them from the Main 'phone' screen with dialer though?
SeauxCrazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,887
 
Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Thanks: 406
Thanked 947 Times in 589 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy View Post
Did that remove them from the Main 'phone' screen with dialer though?
I can't recreate the problem you are having at all on my Hero. I wil try when my Evo comes in on Monday. Again I have all FB contacts showing that have phone numbers and when I hit Phone my dialer comes up and then the top half of the screen behind the dialer are calls I have made, received, or missed
sikclown is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 300
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 63 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Scroll down past the calls made and see if you see ppl that you know you didn't dial, but are fb friends

After making some calls, I've seen that recent activity goes on top of the list along with FB contacts.
SeauxCrazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 11:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,887
 
Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Thanks: 406
Thanked 947 Times in 589 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy View Post
Scroll down past the calls made and see if you see ppl that you know you didn't dial, but are fb friends

After making some calls, I've seen that recent activity goes on top of the list along with FB contacts.
Ahh I see what you are talking about now... Yes it shows all of your Contacts in alphabetical order. Follow all of my above steps and it will only show your Contacts that you want in your phone.
sikclown is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 283
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Guys.. you are missing the point here. The only reason to sync your facebook accout is if you WANT these people to show up in your contacts.

If you don't sync to facebook, you can still use the facebook sense widget as well as the full facebook app, without having your contacts show up.
tranceFusion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 300
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 63 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Ok, so after some testing, it seems like we are stuck with them being there on THAT particular screen. If I don't sync my fb friends from the settings screen, they disappear from my normal 'people' screen, but not the 'phone dialer' screen. They are replaced with recent calls etc over time though, so I won't have to see the same names everytime I open them.
SeauxCrazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Yeah this sucks. I dont want every FB friend on the dialer or text messenging
smedmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,493
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus i9250
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 232 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy View Post
Ok, so after some testing, it seems like we are stuck with them being there on THAT particular screen. If I don't sync my fb friends from the settings screen, they disappear from my normal 'people' screen, but not the 'phone dialer' screen. They are replaced with recent calls etc over time though, so I won't have to see the same names everytime I open them.
to get them off of your phone, even from the phone dialer do the following...

menu > settings > applications > manage applications

look for either Dialer, Facebook, or Facebook for HTC Sense.

start with the Dialer and click "clear data"
if that doesn't get rid of them, then do both the Facebook ones and i'm pretty positive that's how i got rid of it before.

if none of those gets rid of it, then it's something else on the list in manage applications. i am positive that you need to clear the data of something in there to remove it from your dialer.
__________________
Galaxy Nexus i9250 unlocked and rooted
mrvirginia is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvirginia For This Useful Post:
habutcher (February 25th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvirginia View Post
to get them off of your phone, even from the phone dialer do the following...

menu > settings > applications > manage applications

look for either Dialer, Facebook, or Facebook for HTC Sense.

start with the Dialer and click "clear data"
if that doesn't get rid of them, then do both the Facebook ones and i'm pretty positive that's how i got rid of it before.

if none of those gets rid of it, then it's something else on the list in manage applications. i am positive that you need to clear the data of something in there to remove it from your dialer.
Tried all 3 didnt help...But I think you are on the right track! Thanks for helping. Hopefully we can figure this out
smedmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I wonder if its clearing the contact storage...Afraid to try lol
smedmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smedmonds For This Useful Post:
habutcher (February 25th, 2011)
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
neodorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,113
 
Device(s): HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 115
Thanked 277 Times in 168 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloy View Post
I think it's great, I have the contact numbers of all my friends! But then again, I also have the contact numbers of hundreds of other strangers. I wish I can just filter who will show up on facebook by groups, and who will be excluded.
See, I don't get this. I don't have strangers in my friends list so I don't mind syncing the info. It's not like you have to scroll through contacts like you used to so it doesn't hurt to have the emails and phone numbers of people even if you are not likely to call often. It's still a nice reference and it doesn't hurt anything.

Out of curiosity, why do people add friends on Facebook if they don't know them or ever want to talk to them? I thought the point was keeping in touch and sharing photos/links with friends and family.
neodorian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I see what your saying....but I have no intentions of calling a majority of these people. Fb is fun to keep in touch with them in FB
smedmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smedmonds For This Useful Post:
misterzeno (June 11th, 2010)
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
neodorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,113
 
Device(s): HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 115
Thanked 277 Times in 168 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedmonds View Post
I see what your saying....but I have no intentions of calling a majority of these people. Fb is fun to keep in touch with them in FB
I understand and I am in the same position. Still, it doesn't *hurt* anything to have their contact info so I just figure what the hell. It's not like you need to scroll through all of your contacts anymore. All these mobile OSes now support universal search so it's like when the web transitioned from website directories to search engines because it got to be more efficient to search a large database that way. I may never call John Doe from college but if I have his contact info in there, he will be easy to reach if I have to for some reason and I will have caller ID info if he calls me. Otherwise his name will just be another entry in a database.
neodorian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:09 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,493
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus i9250
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 232 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedmonds View Post
I wonder if its clearing the contact storage...Afraid to try lol
if you clear the contacts storage, it will clear ALL contacts, including fb. i could easily figure out which one needs the data cleared, but i don't want mine un-synced. if this had been posted a few days ago, then i'd be able to mess around a good bit.

it's def one of the apps under manage applications that needs the data cleared, though. i am sure of that.
mrvirginia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
misterzeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): EVO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 266
Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedmonds View Post
I see what your saying....but I have no intentions of calling a majority of these people. Fb is fun to keep in touch with them in FB
I have many friends, family and old classmates in there but I dont want many of them showing up in my phone unless I go to the facebook app. Also it seems to keep updating their status updates in my contact list even tho i turned off sync for it.
__________________
Sorry too many cards open.
misterzeno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 48
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
See, I don't get this. I don't have strangers in my friends list so I don't mind syncing the info. It's not like you have to scroll through contacts like you used to so it doesn't hurt to have the emails and phone numbers of people even if you are not likely to call often. It's still a nice reference and it doesn't hurt anything.

Out of curiosity, why do people add friends on Facebook if they don't know them or ever want to talk to them? I thought the point was keeping in touch and sharing photos/links with friends and family.
I know personally I have over 500 friends on FB, and I dont want that many people in my phone. I love sharing pics, updates, etc but I dont talk to a lot of them in day to day life. Anyways, the way to remove all of them from the phone is to unsync them! Go to menu, settings, accounts & sync, then hit the FB app. Click the bottom where it says remove account and they will all disappear! Good luck!

Renee
reneeb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
neodorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,113
 
Device(s): HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 115
Thanked 277 Times in 168 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeb View Post
I dont want that many people in my phone.
How does it hurt you if you never see them? I understand everyone likes things different but I just can't understand how it affects the user. If you never type their name in then you will never see them come up in contacts. I feel like people need to embrace the search&query model of information management Scrolling through lists is so 2008

Yes I know I am just being difficult at this point.
neodorian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 48
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
How does it hurt you if you never see them? I understand everyone likes things different but I just can't understand how it affects the user. If you never type their name in then you will never see them come up in contacts. I feel like people need to embrace the search&query model of information management Scrolling through lists is so 2008

Yes I know I am just being difficult at this point.
I like to scroll, especially when sending a text to multiple people. Having my contacts with the people whom I actually speak to or need to know the numbers of makes me happier than having 600+ numbers in there. Just my preference
reneeb is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:31 AM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
neodorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,113
 
Device(s): HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 115
Thanked 277 Times in 168 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeb View Post
I like to scroll, especially when sending a text to multiple people. Having my contacts with the people whom I actually speak to or need to know the numbers of makes me happier than having 600+ numbers in there. Just my preference
Yeah, I get it. I just got used to adding a recipient and starting to type their name. It's faster than scrolling for me and seems like a more streamlined way to do it. I may joke and debate it endlessly but I truly do understand that people all like to do things their own way. It's why we like Android over some other mobile OSes like iPOS and the new Windows Phone.
neodorian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 48
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
Yeah, I get it. I just got used to adding a recipient and starting to type their name. It's faster than scrolling for me and seems like a more streamlined way to do it. I may joke and debate it endlessly but I truly do understand that people all like to do things their own way. It's why we like Android over some other mobile OSes like iPOS and the new Windows Phone.
Hey baby--nothing wrong with a little debate , we all have our own ways of doing things. Good thing we can all customize it to have it the way we like it! I only wish there were more things in this world we could make exactly the way we preferred...lol!
reneeb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G until 6/4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yeah I tried everything in this thread except removing the facebook account and none of it worked. I really don't like people showing up in my call log and text message contact list that I only know through facebook. I'm up for removing my facebook account but not sure what else it would affect on the phone. I want to leave the pictures it's imported from facebook for people and obviously plan to still use facebook.

Does it remove the pics for my phone contacts if I remove the account?

edit: Okay yeah I tried removing the "Facebook for HTC" account and it definitely removes the extra Facebook entries from the phone which is a plus, but it also removes the contact pic and status.. basically all the other info it was pulling from Facebook also.

It doesn't appear that there's any way to both sync your phones contact pics with facebook but not add all the extra contact entries and that's insanely irritating. So now to choose between having extra crap in my phone to scroll through when sending texts or looking at the call log but having the pics I like and deleting friends on facebook I like to see updates from but have no intention of ever calling.
Maulgrym is offline  
Last edited by Maulgrym; June 11th, 2010 at 08:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulgrym View Post
Yeah I tried everything in this thread except removing the facebook account and none of it worked. I really don't like people showing up in my call log and text message contact list that I only know through facebook. I'm up for removing my facebook account but not sure what else it would affect on the phone. I want to leave the pictures it's imported from facebook for people and obviously plan to still use facebook.

Does it remove the pics for my phone contacts if I remove the account?

edit: Okay yeah I tried removing the "Facebook for HTC" account and it definitely removes the extra Facebook entries from the phone which is a plus, but it also removes the contact pic and status.. basically all the other info it was pulling from Facebook also.

It doesn't appear that there's any way to both sync your phones contact pics with facebook but not add all the extra contact entries and that's insanely irritating. So now to choose between having extra crap in my phone to scroll through when sending texts or looking at the call log but having the pics I like and deleting friends on facebook I like to see updates from but have no intention of ever calling.
same issue and irritation here. what i want to be able to do is temporaraily sync with facebook/google, extract the info i want (pics, contact info, etc) and then unsync with facebook/google to remove the stuff i don't want while still keeping the stuff i extracted. can i do this?

this leads me to another observation. when i go to people>menu>view, i see a summary of how many contacts i have associated with each "source" (google, facebook, phone). right now, i have 1032 listed for google and 4 listed for phone and 108 listed for facebook. the vast majority of the 1032 google contacts are bogus email addresses i contacted months ago and will never contact again (craigslist anon addresses, for instance). i want to remove google from here to get rid of these bogus email addresses but am worried i will lose info that i DO care about along with the info i DON'T care about. how do i make this work so i selectively remove the stuff i don't want?
hperry is offline  
Last edited by hperry; June 12th, 2010 at 08:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 34
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 21 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hperry View Post
same issue and irritation here. what i want to be able to do is temporaraily sync with facebook/google, extract the info i want (pics, contact info, etc) and then unsync with facebook/google to remove the stuff i don't want while still keeping the stuff i extracted. can i do this?

this leads me to another observation. when i go to people>menu>view, i see a summary of how many contacts i have associated with each "source" (google, facebook, phone). right now, i have 1032 listed for google and 4 listed for phone and 108 listed for facebook. the vast majority of the 1032 google contacts are bogus email addresses i contacted months ago and will never contact again (craigslist anon addresses, for instance). i want to remove google from here to get rid of these bogus email addresses but am worried i will lose info that i DO care about along with the info i DON'T care about. how do i make this work so i selectively remove the stuff i don't want?
Log into GMAIL and delete the contacts you dont want
ShaneV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #36 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedmonds View Post
I wonder if its clearing the contact storage...Afraid to try lol
This worked for me - thanks!!!
habutcher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

CRAP - I cleared contact data storage (to get rid of the Facebook stuff) and tried to re-sync my contacts. They wont sync, but they are in my outlook contacts
jdunn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I figured it out. You have to clear data in facebook AND freindstream. Worked on my evo 4 g.
shizzel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #39 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Notsure

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeb View Post
I know personally I have over 500 friends on FB, and I dont want that many people in my phone. I love sharing pics, updates, etc but I dont talk to a lot of them in day to day life. Anyways, the way to remove all of them from the phone is to unsync them! Go to menu, settings, accounts & sync, then hit the FB app. Click the bottom where it says remove account and they will all disappear! Good luck!

Renee

Did this step.....all contacts are gone from dialer....... and I no longer have any facebook on my phone......at all.........even took the icon off the apps screen..........not exactly what I wanted.
yuffminister is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MizzouBrent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,853
 
Device(s): Sprint Galaxy Nexus, Amazon Kindle Fire, HTC Evo 4G (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 636
Thanked 2,519 Times in 1,250 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuffminister View Post
Did this step.....all contacts are gone from dialer....... and I no longer have any facebook on my phone......at all.........even took the icon off the apps screen..........not exactly what I wanted.
Just add another account of Facebook for HTC sense and it should resync. Then redownload the app. I prefer to sync contacts with the HTC fb account and not sync from the fb app on the play store
__________________
Useful Links
Get Amon RA
Get Deck Gingerbread
Get MikG 3.1
Get AnthraX
MizzouBrent is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO 4G > EVO 4G - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/91736-facebook-contacts-how-get-rid-them.html
Posted By For Type Date
How do I remove email and facebook contacts when sending a text on Android? - Yahoo! Answers This thread Refback February 19th, 2012 08:51 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.