Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO Shift 4G > EVO Shift - Support and Troubleshooting

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 4th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): HTC Evo Shift
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Evo Shift clock problem

When my phone is in sleep mode and is then switched to the main screen the clock is 1 hour and say 5 minutes behind and then switches to the correct time. I already tried getting a different shift, same thing. Anyone heard of this, I know it sounds odd but it happens.

cdoane83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 5th, 2011, 12:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
edp
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 273
 
Device(s): Evo Shift CM7 Evo 3D Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Same thing on my phone but I never considered it a problem.
edp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
kbrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 290
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II,HTC EVO 4G LTE,Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 35
Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts
Default

it's not a problem since it updates when you wake your phone up
__________________
Samsung Galaxy Note II Stock and Rooted (No need for more right now)
HTC EVO 4G LTE Unlocked S-OFF Running OMJ's HTC ELTE V1.3 Odex
Motorola Photon 4G
Running MOF 2.3.5.ish V.1.4

____________________________
My Profile @ Zedge
kbrn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): HTC Evo Shift
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So I guess its more annoying than a problem, anyone know how to fix it?
cdoane83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
edp
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 273
 
Device(s): Evo Shift CM7 Evo 3D Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Default

I don't know if there is a fix but there is a clock widget in the market called sense analog clock which has some of the same features as the one that comes with the phone. You could try replacing the stock clock with that one. I used it on my samsung phones and it works well
edp is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edp For This Useful Post:
cdoane83 (March 5th, 2011)
Old March 5th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 240
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 57
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoane83 View Post
When my phone is in sleep mode and is then switched to the main screen the clock is 1 hour and say 5 minutes behind and then switches to the correct time. I already tried getting a different shift, same thing. Anyone heard of this, I know it sounds odd but it happens.
The time will be behind whatever the amount is since it was last awake. My Evo does this, my wifes Shift does this. That is what HTC designed it to do.
Pioneer74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 38
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

It's not when the phone was last awake. It does that so all the characters flip when it updated to the correct time. HTC's phones ALL do this, and it's always around an hour behind. Don't worry, they're all the same.
chris20nyy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 240
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 57
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris20nyy View Post
It's not when the phone was last awake. It does that so all the characters flip when it updated to the correct time. HTC's phones ALL do this, and it's always around an hour behind. Don't worry, they're all the same.
I just did it on my Evo and it went from 10:24 to 1:31. 10:24 was the last time I turned the screen on.
Pioneer74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

On my Evo it is not just the time of when you lasted turned on the screen, it is always 1 hour and 2 mins behind every time you refresh the screen. I have tried every thing to fix it... and no matter what Ive done, or how many times I refresh my screen it is still 1 hour and 2 mins behind. It always fixes it self in a couple of seconds but is very annoying.
Keleigh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keleigh View Post
On my Evo it is not just the time of when you lasted turned on the screen, it is always 1 hour and 2 mins behind every time you refresh the screen. I have tried every thing to fix it... and no matter what Ive done, or how many times I refresh my screen it is still 1 hour and 2 mins behind. It always fixes it self in a couple of seconds but is very annoying.
I get this too! 1 hour and 2 min! And I just tested it by waking the phone, letting it go back to sleep, then immediately waking it again, and sure enough, it still shows 1 hour and 2 min behind while quickly flipping to the right time. So it does NOT show the last time I woke it.. I too have wondered why it does that. It IS annoying and I hope HTC fixes it!
southlake is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 11th, 2011, 06:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 153
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlake View Post
I get this too! 1 hour and 2 min! And I just tested it by waking the phone, letting it go back to sleep, then immediately waking it again, and sure enough, it still shows 1 hour and 2 min behind while quickly flipping to the right time. So it does NOT show the last time I woke it.. I too have wondered why it does that. It IS annoying and I hope HTC fixes it!
I don't think that this is a problem to HTC. I believe they want it to be able to flip the numbers when the screen is turned back on. Really, who cares what the time shows for the split second that it is there. Once the numbers flip, it's the correct time. I personally like seeing the numbers flip before my eyes.
My problem is with the delay it takes for the weather to update. This sometimes can take several presses of the weather's refresh button to catch-up to my current location's weather. This is much more annoying that the time being incorrect for a second.
ColdStart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
DJ TooHypE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11
 
Device(s): Evo Shift (4G) Sprint
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DJ TooHypE Send a message via Yahoo to DJ TooHypE DJTooHypE@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdStart View Post
I don't think that this is a problem to HTC. I believe they want it to be able to flip the numbers when the screen is turned back on. Really, who cares what the time shows for the split second that it is there. Once the numbers flip, it's the correct time. I personally like seeing the numbers flip before my eyes.
My problem is with the delay it takes for the weather to update. This sometimes can take several presses of the weather's refresh button to catch-up to my current location's weather. This is much more annoying that the time being incorrect for a second.
I agree I have the similar situation myself since I go from location too location. but im sure for some folks having that option on your menu/settings would be nice.
DJ TooHypE is offline  
Last edited by DJ TooHypE; May 15th, 2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: =)
Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdStart View Post
I don't think that this is a problem to HTC. I believe they want it to be able to flip the numbers when the screen is turned back on. Really, who cares what the time shows for the split second that it is there. Once the numbers flip, it's the correct time. I personally like seeing the numbers flip before my eyes.
My problem is with the delay it takes for the weather to update. This sometimes can take several presses of the weather's refresh button to catch-up to my current location's weather. This is much more annoying that the time being incorrect for a second.
agreed. in part at least.
It does look intentional, like some sort of aesthetic design where its supposed to flip. personally, i dont really care, but i can see where it would bug some people

the delay however, that doesnt sound normal, the numbers flip and i get an immediate update on my weather
*harbinger* is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO Shift 4G > EVO Shift - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.