August 1st, 2011, 08:02 PM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I left this issue on the HTC web site support page. Below is their response. I performed Item 1) and 2), and the issue seems to be gone! We'll see if it comes back after a while, but after 24 hours the issue is still resolved. If it changes, I will post an update.
It is now 6 days later and my issue continues to be resolved. These first two steps are easy to perform with no downside. I can recommend it without concern.
I apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with the loading screen when closing applications. I will be more than happy to assist you with this issue. We are aware of some users who have given us feedback about the loading screen on the phone. We are investigating this as a top priority, and will take the appropriate actions to find a solution for you. In the meantime, we can perform some troubleshooting that have been reported to reduce/resolve this issue.
1) I would first recommend to perform a soft reset. This is done by powering down the phone, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds, replace it and restart the phone. This will clear the cache on the device.
2) Also clear all background data from the Sense application. Select All Apps > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > HTC Sense > Clear data/cache.
3) If the issue continues, I would then recommend to boot the phone in safe mode for testing purposes. First verify that Fast Boot is not enabled, select All Apps > Settings > Applications or Power > Make sure Fast Boot is not selected. To enable safe mode:
1. With the device turned off.
2. Press the power button.
3. Once the device turns press and hold the volume down, once you see the splash screen (HTC quietly brilliant).
4. Press and hold the menu button (DO NOT RELEASE THE VOLUME DOWN).
You will know it has worked because the device will give a brief vibrate or 3 quick vibes. Once it loads you will see on the “Safe Mode” on the bottom left of the screen. Does the issue continue while in safe mode?
Last edited by dlotito; August 7th, 2011 at 10:56 AM.
Reason: Update of the fix.