Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO V 4G > EVO V 4G - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Help screwed up s-off!!!!!!

Ok, I tried to do S-OFF and i got a message about cannot find beer or something. It exited, and now my phone wont boot. Can someone please help me?

Edit. It just boots to a pic of a phone with Juopunutbear above it

vernave is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Subzer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: McCormick, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 300
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4g, Kyocera Rise, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1"
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 49
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Just restart controlbear.exe. you didn't screw up. Takes quite a few tries.
Subzer0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I can get into the white page thing that shows the hboot number, should I do a factory data reset from there?

edit, nvm just saw yourpost
vernave is offline  
Last edited by vernave; August 4th, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Subzer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: McCormick, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 300
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4g, Kyocera Rise, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1"
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 49
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Default

No need to. just run control bear and it will reboot your phone and start the s-off procedure again.
Subzer0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
johnny424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington Dc
Posts: 1,499
 
Device(s): AT&T SGS3-Google Nexus 7
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 435
Thanked 464 Times in 270 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernave View Post
I can get into the white page thing that shows the hboot number, should I do a factory data reset from there?

edit, nvm just saw yourpost
Continue on trying..do not stop.

I think that's where ppl make a mistake, when they run into trouble there first instinct is to stop..I would keep on running control bear until you are successful.

My phone stayed on that screen from start to finish
__________________
A simple THANK YOU will do
johnny424 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Subzer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: McCormick, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 300
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4g, Kyocera Rise, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1"
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 49
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny424 View Post
Continue on trying..do not stop.

I think that's where ppl make a mistake, when they run into trouble there first instinct is to stop..I would keep on running control bear until you are successful.

My phone stayed on that screen from start to finish
Johnny is 100% correct. I kept stopping thinking I may be messing up my phone. Takes persistence and patience. You will get it.
Subzer0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

SUCCESS!! I think I got it anyway. On the first boot, it made an error noise during boot animation,failed to boot, the rebooted just fine. Think this is serious? I installed the JuopunutBear Hboot in case this matters
vernave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
johnny424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington Dc
Posts: 1,499
 
Device(s): AT&T SGS3-Google Nexus 7
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 435
Thanked 464 Times in 270 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernave View Post
SUCCESS!! I think I got it anyway. On the first boot, it made an error noise during boot animation,failed to boot, the rebooted just fine. Think this is serious? I installed the JuopunutBear Hboot in case this matters
na doesnt matter..more then likely you will be downgrading to 1.0.4 hboot anyway
johnny424 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
johnny424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington Dc
Posts: 1,499
 
Device(s): AT&T SGS3-Google Nexus 7
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 435
Thanked 464 Times in 270 Posts
Default

congrats by the way
johnny424 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Subzer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: McCormick, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 300
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4g, Kyocera Rise, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1"
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 49
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernave View Post
SUCCESS!! I think I got it anyway. On the first boot, it made an error noise during boot animation,failed to boot, the rebooted just fine. Think this is serious? I installed the JuopunutBear Hboot in case this matters
Congrats! I agree with Johnny. Downgrade your hboot now. Opens up a whole new world of roms.
Subzer0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 89
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Kudos. This was me yesterday after an hour of trying the wire trick. Hope you backed up your sdcard if not you're gonna have a bad time
retromind is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retromind View Post
Kudos. This was me yesterday after an hour of trying the wire trick. Hope you backed up your sdcard if not you're gonna have a bad time
Yep made sure to back it up. Also, I am downgrading hboot to 1.4
vernave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I'm having this problem

I'm currently in this situation. Multiple attempt to run controlbear only results in "connect device and install drivers"
I cannot see HTC in Device Manager. I'm stuck, when I try to get into bootloader it gave me a bunch of "no image!" Can anyone help me?
bluefire000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nsciucco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,372
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V(3D) [ROM] _unSENSEable v 2.0 Buttered Toast.
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 131
Thanked 288 Times in 206 Posts
nsciucco@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefire000 View Post
I'm currently in this situation. Multiple attempt to run controlbear only results in "connect device and install drivers"
I cannot see HTC in Device Manager. I'm stuck, when I try to get into bootloader it gave me a bunch of "no image!" Can anyone help me?
Thats why you should always read everything first. not just skim thru it.. in every directions for the S-OFF procedure it clearly states before that you should open CMD and type "adb devices" This will insure your drivers are installed before you start

you can get the neccasary drivers from downloading HTC sync and installing it... but after you install it you need to go to control panel uninstall htc sync itself. The drivers that you need will be left behind
nsciucco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 11:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
mrawesome22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 354
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 63 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefire000 View Post
I'm currently in this situation. Multiple attempt to run controlbear only results in "connect device and install drivers"
I cannot see HTC in Device Manager. I'm stuck, when I try to get into bootloader it gave me a bunch of "no image!" Can anyone help me?
I'd probably connect device and install drivers then lol.
mrawesome22 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 05:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsciucco View Post
Thats why you should always read everything first. not just skim thru it.. in every directions for the S-OFF procedure it clearly states before that you should open CMD and type "adb devices" This will insure your drivers are installed before you start

you can get the neccasary drivers from downloading HTC sync and installing it... but after you install it you need to go to control panel uninstall htc sync itself. The drivers that you need will be left behind
The device were there at the beginning. Its just half way thru something happened and I had to re-run controlbear and thats when its no longer detecting it. In any case, all is good now.
bluefire000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO V 4G > EVO V 4G - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.