Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO V 4G > EVO V 4G - All Things Root

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By heythereitsv

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlantis, Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 174
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 41 Times in 27 Posts
Default [FIX] MMS on Android Revolution HD 2.01!

This is an MMS fix for this EXCELLENT ROM by mike1986. on XDA. What Android Revolution HD is is basically a stock ROM, but prerooted with speed tweaks and fantastic battery life for this phone (this gets me through the entire day!). It's designed for people who like the stock HTC experience, but want some speed/stability improvements + debloat. For best results, install with 4EXT, HBOOT 1.57/1.58, and S-OFF.

Here are the instructions to flash this ROM, fully working for our Evo V-

1) Download the ROM and fix found here
2) Boot into recovery
3) Flash the ROM
4) In the middle of the process, it should ask you if you want to keep Sprint apps, if you say no, this does not touch the HTC apps!
5) After flashing this ROM, DON'T REBOOT!
6) Go to mount menu on 4EXT
7) Mount /system
8) Punch in the following commands in ADB

Code:
adb remount system
adb push *where you put my fix* /system/framework
9) Do a full factory reset (wipe data/cache/dalvik-cache)
10) Reboot into Android Revolution HD!

*posted with permission from mike1986.!*

Some extra goodies to make this ROM even better! Flash these right after installing the ROM and pushing the fix for best results-

-Camera Mod! Download the Sprint base version, works like a charm.

-Google Now! I personally use M7, first one I tried, and seems to work fine.

After flashing one/both of these mods, I suggest another factory wipe. Enjoy! ^_^
Arkainian likes this.

heythereitsv is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heythereitsv For This Useful Post:
Arkainian (September 28th, 2012), G19 (September 28th, 2012), Raul720 (September 27th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old September 27th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 428
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heythereitsv View Post
This is an MMS fix for this EXCELLENT ROM by mike1986. on XDA. What Android Revolution HD is is basically a stock ROM, but prerooted with speed tweaks and fantastic battery life for this phone (this gets me through the entire day!). It's designed for people who like the stock HTC experience, but want some speed/stability improvements + debloat. For best results, install with 4EXT, HBOOT 1.57/1.58, and S-OFF.

Here are the instructions to flash this ROM, fully working for our Evo V-

1) Download the ROM and fix found here
2) Boot into recovery
3) Flash the ROM
4) In the middle of the process, it should ask you if you want to keep Sprint apps, if you say no, this does not touch the HTC apps!
5) After flashing this ROM, DON'T REBOOT!
6) Go to mount menu on 4EXT
7) Mount /system
8) Punch in the following commands in ADB

Code:
adb remount system
adb push *where you put my fix* /system/framework
9) Do a full factory reset (wipe data/cache/dalvik-cache)
10) Reboot into Android Revolution HD!

*posted with permission from mike1986.!*

Some extra goodies to make this ROM even better! Flash these right after installing the ROM and pushing the fix for best results-

-Camera Mod! Download the Sprint base version, works like a charm.

-Google Now! I personally use M7, first one I tried, and seems to work fine.

After flashing one/both of these mods, I suggest another factory wipe. Enjoy! ^_^
is this better than midnight or harmonia?
Piznick64 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 560
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 100
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piznick64 View Post
is this better than midnight or harmonia?
I'm also wondering this. Running Harmonia atm.
notebooko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
BackHandLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 361
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V HTC Evo V 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 62 Times in 52 Posts
Default

I may sound stupid but... I can't find the download link in xda...
BackHandLegend is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 560
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 100
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackHandLegend View Post
I may sound stupid but... I can't find the download link in xda...
It's on the first post under the changelog. Theres a huge heading that says DOWNLOADS and underneath theres a link that says
Android Revolution HD 2.0.1
notebooko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
BackHandLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 361
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V HTC Evo V 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 62 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notebooko View Post
It's on the first post under the changelog. Theres a huge heading that says DOWNLOADS and underneath theres a link that says
Android Revolution HD 2.0.1
Lol I wasn't logged in. Thank you
BackHandLegend is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 46
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

But doesn't MMS work differently on Sprint Roms than it does on Virgin Mobile Roms therefore MMS still wouldn't work on VM?
flemolord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belleville, IL
Gender: Male
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): LG Optimus G (Straight TALK T-Mobile) Galaxy Nexus,Atrix HD/2,ONE X,EVO V 4G,Triumph
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flemolord View Post
But doesn't MMS work differently on Sprint Roms than it does on Virgin Mobile Roms therefore MMS still wouldn't work on VM?
and its another sense based ROM so why would MMS not work in the 1st place.

;-)
sounreal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlantis, Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 174
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 41 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flemolord View Post
But doesn't MMS work differently on Sprint Roms than it does on Virgin Mobile Roms therefore MMS still wouldn't work on VM?
Nope. MMS is broken on AOSP builds, but any Sense 3.6/4 builds work fine.
heythereitsv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlantis, Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 174
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 41 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piznick64 View Post
is this better than midnight or harmonia?
Sorry, missed your question. Honestly, the best answer I can give you is to try it out yourself. Nandroid, wipe, flash, test, and then restore if you don't like it xD
heythereitsv is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G, Samsung Intercept(VM)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Arkainian
Default

Well, I've done everything mentioned, my phone is bootlooping. It spends about 20 seconds on the andriod animation screen, then reboots. I did do a factory reset.

Should I have installed the framework included on the page above the rom download?
Just didn't want to flash that without knowing I needed to, don't want a new paper weight.
Arkainian is offline  
Last edited by Arkainian; September 28th, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 06:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlantis, Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 174
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 41 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkainian View Post
Well, I've done everything mentioned, my phone is bootlooping. It spends about 20 seconds on the andriod animation screen, then reboots. I did do a factory reset.

Should I have installed the framework included on the page above the rom download?
Just didn't want to flash that without knowing I needed to, don't want a new paper weight.
What HBOOT are you on? And recovery? And are you S-OFF?
heythereitsv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO V 4G > EVO V 4G - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.