Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO V 4G > EVO V 4G - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree101Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #401 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 560
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 100
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Okay. Erase those lines I mentioned, flash it again, and clear cache/dalvik cache.

See how that works.
So I deleted the mms.apk from system/app and edited the lines out. Upon trying to flash the new zip im getting an error saying:
"Error in /sdcard/Download/CM10MMS with MmsFix+cache.zip"
"(Status 6)"
"Installation aborted"

notebooko is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #402 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 653
Thanked 1,037 Times in 721 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notebooko View Post
So I deleted the mms.apk from system/app and edited the lines out. Upon trying to flash the new zip im getting an error saying:
"Error in /sdcard/Download/CM10MMS with MmsFix+cache.zip"
"(Status 6)"
"Installation aborted"
Status 6? That's a syntax problem. Could you open the updater-script in CODE tags for me so I can see if I can figure out the syntax issue, please?
Prinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #403 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 560
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 100
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Status 6? That's a syntax problem. Could you open the updater-script in CODE tags for me so I can see if I can figure out the syntax issue, please?
[HIGH]ui_print("MMS Fix for Virgin Mobile");
ui_print("Mounting system...");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");

ui_print("Extracting new files...");
# copy system content to the system directory on your device
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

ui_print("Fixing Permissions...");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/app/Mms.apk");

ui_print("Unmounting system...");
unmount("/system");

ui_print("Mounting data..");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/data");

ui_print("Deleting telephony database...");
delete("/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db");
delete("/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db-journal");

ui_print("Deleting dalvik cache...");
delete_recursive("/data/dalvik-cache");

ui_print("Unmounting data...");
unmount("/data");

ui_print("Installation complete!");
[/HIGH]

Wish I could be of more help. Sorry.
notebooko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #404 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 653
Thanked 1,037 Times in 721 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notebooko View Post
[HIGH]ui_print("MMS Fix for Virgin Mobile");
ui_print("Mounting system...");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");

ui_print("Extracting new files...");
# copy system content to the system directory on your device
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

ui_print("Fixing Permissions...");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/app/Mms.apk");

ui_print("Unmounting system...");
unmount("/system");

ui_print("Mounting data..");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/data");

ui_print("Deleting telephony database...");
delete("/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db");
delete("/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db-journal");

ui_print("Deleting dalvik cache...");
delete_recursive("/data/dalvik-cache");

ui_print("Unmounting data...");
unmount("/data");

ui_print("Installation complete!");
[/HIGH]

Wish I could be of more help. Sorry.
No worries. GIve me a few minutes and I'll see what I can bake up here...

Edit:

How big is the zip while on your SD card? I know if you eject it too early it'll do that.

Edit 2:

and try this in your updater-script:

Code:
ui_print("MMS Fix for Virgin Mobile");
ui_print("Mounting system...");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");

ui_print("Extracting new files...");
# copy system content to the system directory on your device
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

ui_print("Fixing Permissions...");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/app/Mms.apk");

ui_print("Unmounting system...");
unmount("/system");

ui_print("Mounting data..");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/data");

ui_print("Deleting telephony database...");
delete("/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db");
delete("/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db-journal");

ui_print("Unmounting data...");
unmount("/data");

ui_print("Installation complete!");
Edit 3: Make sure after flashing, wipe cache/dalvik cache.
Prinny is offline  
Last edited by Prinny; January 7th, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #405 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 560
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 100
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
No worries. GIve me a few minutes and I'll see what I can bake up here...

Edit:

How big is the zip while on your SD card? I know if you eject it too early it'll do that.

Edit 2:

and try this in your updater-script:

Code:
ui_print("MMS Fix for Virgin Mobile");
ui_print("Mounting system...");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");

ui_print("Extracting new files...");
# copy system content to the system directory on your device
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

ui_print("Fixing Permissions...");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/app/Mms.apk");

ui_print("Unmounting system...");
unmount("/system");

ui_print("Mounting data..");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/data");

ui_print("Deleting telephony database...");
delete("/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db");
delete("/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db-journal");

ui_print("Unmounting data...");
unmount("/data");

ui_print("Installation complete!");
Edit 3: Make sure after flashing, wipe cache/dalvik cache.
The zip is 2.13 MB. Hmm.. getting the same error (status 6).
notebooko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #406 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 653
Thanked 1,037 Times in 721 Posts
Default

Weird...I JUST flashed it and it worked with that script...You copied the new zip with that, right? Not just updated the one on your SD Card? I think its a bad copy...So re-download...make that your updater-script...cop yto SD card and flash again
Prinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #407 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 560
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 100
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Weird...I JUST flashed it and it worked with that script...You copied the new zip with that, right? Not just updated the one on your SD Card? I think its a bad copy...So re-download...make that your updater-script...cop yto SD card and flash again
Oh! I was using the old zip and just updating it. I will update a new zip and get back to you.

EDIT: Upon flashing I'm getting another error now, status 7...
notebooko is offline  
Last edited by notebooko; January 7th, 2013 at 05:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #408 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 653
Thanked 1,037 Times in 721 Posts
Default

Okay. I got another idea. What ROM are you using? Post a link. I'll try to manually patch it. Then you can try the new one I try
Prinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #409 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 560
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 100
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Okay. I got another idea. What ROM are you using? Post a link. I'll try to manually patch it. Then you can try the new one I try
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=31047469

It's paranoid android. Thank you so much.
notebooko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #410 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 653
Thanked 1,037 Times in 721 Posts
Default

Alright give me about...20-30 minutes and I'll send it up to my dropbox and see what we can do.
notebooko likes this.
Prinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Prinny For This Useful Post:
notebooko (January 7th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #411 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 653
Thanked 1,037 Times in 721 Posts
Default

This post pertains to S2 users. I know its in the Evo V thread, but someone came here to ask. V users, do NOT flash this. As I am NOT responsible for bricks that occur.


https://www.dropbox.com/s/hs2lhz47y8pwuo4/pa_d710-2.54-11NOV2012-170026_VM.zip

Flash, try MMS. If it works, sweet. If not I have a few other ideas...

Open voice dialer, say Open A-P-N-S. Make sure the right APN is there.

Then go to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases with a file explorer that allows root exploring. Delete telephony.db and telephony.db-journal. Reboot. Try again.

That's the best I can do, really. So I hope it works for you!

Edit: And for kicks and giggles, after deleting those two files, go to recovery and wipe cache/dalvik-cache. Couldn't hurt.
Prinny is offline  
Last edited by Prinny; January 7th, 2013 at 06:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Prinny For This Useful Post:
ellementz323 (January 8th, 2013), joeycmb (January 18th, 2013), notebooko (January 7th, 2013), Suprtigr (January 8th, 2013), UntilTheyFall (July 16th, 2013)
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #412 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 560
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 100
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hs2lhz47y8pwuo4/pa_d710-2.54-11NOV2012-170026_VM.zip

Flash, try MMS. If it works, sweet. If not I have a few other ideas...

Open voice dialer, say Open A-P-N-S. Make sure the right APN is there.

Then go to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases with a file explorer that allows root exploring. Delete telephony.db and telephony.db-journal. Reboot. Try again.

That's the best I can do, really. So I hope it works for you!
Thanks so much! I'm downloading it now and will report back to you as soon as I get it up and running.
notebooko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #413 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 202
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hs2lhz47y8pwuo4/pa_d710-2.54-11NOV2012-170026_VM.zip

Flash, try MMS. If it works, sweet. If not I have a few other ideas...

Open voice dialer, say Open A-P-N-S. Make sure the right APN is there.

Then go to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases with a file explorer that allows root exploring. Delete telephony.db and telephony.db-journal. Reboot. Try again.

That's the best I can do, really. So I hope it works for you!

Edit: And for kicks and giggles, after deleting those two files, go to recovery and wipe cache/dalvik-cache. Couldn't hurt.
Is this for everyone? or just miui users?
droiddekka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #414 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 653
Thanked 1,037 Times in 721 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by droiddekka View Post
Is this for everyone? or just miui users?
That's for Galaxy users. Lol. I attempted to help a galaxy user. I'll edit that post.

What MIUI are you using?
Prinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #415 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 560
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 100
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Hey Prinny, both sending and receiving now work! Thanks so much! I will forward people to your post if they want mms working on their phones with paranoid android. Although if we update will the settings stick? Again, thanks so much.
notebooko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #416 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 653
Thanked 1,037 Times in 721 Posts
Default

The settings will not stick, sadly. You'll have to patch them manually every time I believe. Only update though if its a serious one. If you don't need it, don't update!

Glad I got it working, though!
TheBritton and notebooko like this.
Prinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Prinny For This Useful Post:
notebooko (January 7th, 2013)
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #417 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 560
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 100
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
The settings will not stick, sadly. You'll have to patch them manually every time I believe. Only update though if its a serious one. If you don't need it, don't update!

Glad I got it working, though!
Okay, the ROM seems pretty much full featured and I haven't run into any problems with it so probably won't have to update for a while. Really glad that you could get it working for us. I know a lot of people will be switching over to Paranoid Android because you got it working. Thanks from all of us!
TheBritton likes this.
notebooko is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to notebooko For This Useful Post:
TheBritton (January 10th, 2013)
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #418 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 653
Thanked 1,037 Times in 721 Posts
Default

No problem! Glad I was able to get it up and running. Good to know if I ever get an S2
Prinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prinny For This Useful Post:
ellementz323 (January 8th, 2013), TheBritton (January 10th, 2013)
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #419 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 917
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G Toshiba Thrive
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 61
Thanked 58 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Anyone managed to get this to work on the slim bean rom?
xthedakmanx likes this.
wigginst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #420 (permalink)
Member
 
marco562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ������
Gender: Male
Posts: 104
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy S3,HTC EVO V 4G,
Carrier: vmobile

Thanks: 8
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I got a problem here, I'm using gangnamstyle ROM (sprint version) I did the MMS fix I can receive and send MMS to other people but for some reason I cannot download or see this particular person's media messages is weird..is any one else having this problem..by the way he has sprint network idk if that could be the problem?? Just saying... this a screenshot of how his media messages show up on my phone.

marco562 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:06 AM   #421 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Kahroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 639
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V 4G
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 54
Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco562 View Post
I got a problem here, I'm using gangnamstyle ROM (sprint version) I did the MMS fix I can receive and send MMS to other people but for some reason I cannot download or see this particular person's media messages is weird..is any one else having this problem..by the way he has sprint network idk if that could be the problem?? Just saying... this a screenshot of how his media messages show up on my phone.

Yeah I have that problem with one friend. But if you go and save attachment you're able to see what they have sent ya
marco562 likes this.
Kahroo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:11 AM   #422 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

That's the exact problem I was having that I mentioned before. No idea how to fix it. I'm not sure if sprint includes odd markup or what in their MMS messages. I have a feeling it has to do with the apk we're using.
dstrcto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #423 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V 4G, Motorola Triumph
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Does your friend have an iPhone? That seems to be the only phone i have trouble with receiving MMS. But that's only due to group messaging, and not picture messaging.
OneEyedSniper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #424 (permalink)
Member
 
marco562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ������
Gender: Male
Posts: 104
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy S3,HTC EVO V 4G,
Carrier: vmobile

Thanks: 8
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedSniper View Post
Does your friend have an iPhone? That seems to be the only phone i have trouble with receiving MMS. But that's only due to group messaging, and not picture messaging.
My friend doesn't have the iPhone he has HTC evo 4g (non 3D or LTE first gen. I believe).
marco562 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #425 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G Running JMZ Unofficial CM9, Asus Transformer Running TeamEOS JB 4.1 #66
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigginst View Post
Anyone managed to get this to work on the slim bean rom?
I may have found the problem.

Check here and let me know!
krowley3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krowley3 For This Useful Post:
ramjet73 (January 8th, 2013)
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #426 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 653
Thanked 1,037 Times in 721 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krowley3 View Post
I may have found the problem.

Check here and let me know!
I would have answered sooner...but work is a cruel mistress. Confirmed as working. I can't believe I didn't look in the build.prop...I over analyzed it as always. Thank you krowley!
ramjet73 likes this.
Prinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #427 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 81
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco562 View Post
I got a problem here, I'm using gangnamstyle ROM (sprint version) I did the MMS fix I can receive and send MMS to other people but for some reason I cannot download or see this particular person's media messages is weird..is any one else having this problem..by the way he has sprint network idk if that could be the problem?? Just saying... this a screenshot of how his media messages show up on my phone.


If you use a different SMS app such as Chomp SMS, they'll display in that app fine. That's what I ended up doing since I can't see MMS messages from my friend with an iPhone 4S on AT&T, if it's a group message.

EDIT: Clicked quote on wrong post; fixed. Edited again to add details of what images don't show for me.
OGWillikers is offline  
Last edited by OGWillikers; January 8th, 2013 at 09:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #428 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
davidmargolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 955
 
Device(s): /Bricked my Galaxy Prevail /Lost my Evo V (Evo 3d) /Own a Galaxy Reverb /Love my Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Thanks: 134
Thanked 229 Times in 164 Posts
Default

op has been updated
- Now has a 'rom specific zip' section for rom specific files...
for now it has miui and slim bean.. if i have missed any, just reply with or pm me the link

- For those that care, I have been working on bringing back the themes and making a new one but time and life have not been my friends

- Also added the wierd sprint picture thing to the bugs list

this is also a good time to point out that i prob had the least to do with the development of these fixes.
At this point im just keeping the op updated...
If any1 who was involved in this fix feels that the need to start their own thread, they have my full 'go ahead'..
ramjet73 likes this.
davidmargolin is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to davidmargolin For This Useful Post:
dstrcto (January 10th, 2013)
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #429 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 202
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmargolin View Post

- For those that care, I have been working on bringing back the themes and making a new one but time and life have not been my friends
Thank you sir for all your time and effort on this!
ramjet73 likes this.
droiddekka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #430 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ramjet73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 1,418
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 517
Thanked 821 Times in 581 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
I would have answered sooner...but work is a cruel mistress. Confirmed as working. I can't believe I didn't look in the build.prop...I over analyzed it as always. Thank you krowley!
Someone should let mazda know that change fixed MMS on SlimBean. I'm sure he would appreciate it and the build.prop changes with each release so it would be a hassle to maintain that fix.

ramjet73
ramjet73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #431 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G Running JMZ Unofficial CM9, Asus Transformer Running TeamEOS JB 4.1 #66
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet73 View Post
Someone should let mazda know that change fixed MMS on SlimBean. I'm sure he would appreciate it and the build.prop changes with each release so it would be a hassle to maintain that fix.

ramjet73
The build.prop was the only change that I made from the other CM10/AOKP MMS flashable zip. I thought I put that in the post on XDA, but I will double check it. I will not have any time for the next few days, some hopefully, we are now rolling ok on every AOSP rom. At least we have a flashable fix for each of them at this point.

Slimbean
CM10/AOKP/PACMAN
Evervolv 4.2
krowley3 is offline  
Last edited by krowley3; January 9th, 2013 at 07:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #432 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ramjet73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 1,418
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 517
Thanked 821 Times in 581 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krowley3 View Post
The build.prop was the only change that I made from the other CM10/AOKP MMS flashable zip.
Yes, I understood that, but what I meant is that the build.prop file changes with each release for at least the version and build date and possibly other values if mazda fixes something. Since you are replacing rather than editing the build.prop file in the fix zip for SlimBean it can only be used for one version, and someone would have to update the zip file with the new build.prop every time a new build is released.

Hopefully mazda will incorporate the build.prop changes into the next version so the fix won't be necessary for Sprint users and the build.prop file can be removed from the VM version. Otherwise, the changes could be done as an edit in a script rather than a total replacement of that file.

Edit: There's a post in the SlimBean thread on XDA where neogenx says flashing the MMS fix zip reverted his dpi density back to the default. That makes sense because it and other system parameters are stored there, which is why concatenating new parameters via an edit script is recommended over completely replacing build.prop.

ramjet73
ramjet73 is offline  
Last edited by ramjet73; January 9th, 2013 at 09:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #433 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G Running JMZ Unofficial CM9, Asus Transformer Running TeamEOS JB 4.1 #66
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet73 View Post
Yes, I understood that, but what I meant is that the build.prop file changes with each release for at least the version and build date and possibly other values if mazda fixes something. Since you are replacing rather than editing the build.prop file in the fix zip for SlimBean it can only be used for one version, and someone would have to update the zip file with the new build.prop every time a new build is released.

Hopefully mazda will incorporate the build.prop changes into the next version so the fix won't be necessary for Sprint users and the build.prop file can be removed from the VM version. Otherwise, the changes could be done as an edit in a script rather than a total replacement of that file.

Edit: There's a post in the SlimBean thread on XDA where neogenx says flashing the MMS fix zip reverted his dpi density back to the default. That makes sense because it and other system parameters are stored there, which is why concatenating new parameters via an edit script is recommended over completely replacing build.prop.

ramjet73
You make some very valid points that I did not think of. That is why I put the only thing I changed in the post. I have no idea about how to make a script to do that, that is way out of my league. Hopefully he will incorporate the fix so we can just use the same flash for all AOSP roms except Evervolv 4.2.
krowley3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:06 AM   #434 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ramjet73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 1,418
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 517
Thanked 821 Times in 581 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krowley3 View Post
You make some very valid points that I did not think of. That is why I put the only thing I changed in the post. I have no idea about how to make a script to do that, that is way out of my league. Hopefully he will incorporate the fix so we can just use the same flash for all AOSP roms except Evervolv 4.2.
I have a script that edits the build.prop file in the updater-script that can be modified for those parameters if needed, but hopefully mazda will incorporate them in the next release so that's not necessary.

ramjet73
ramjet73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ramjet73 For This Useful Post:
krowley3 (January 9th, 2013)
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #435 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 917
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G Toshiba Thrive
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 61
Thanked 58 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Am I missing something? I flashed the slim bean zip but the mms app still doesn't send. Can send with mysms though.
wigginst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #436 (permalink)
Member
 
dueltothedeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 149
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 82
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigginst View Post
Am I missing something? I flashed the slim bean zip but the mms app still doesn't send. Can send with mysms though.
Before u flash erase your mms app in system then after flash wipe dalvik /cache.. Mms is working great for me.. Note= sending and receiving mms seems to take a bit longer on this rom.. Give it time..
dueltothedeath is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:10 AM   #437 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 917
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G Toshiba Thrive
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 61
Thanked 58 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dueltothedeath View Post
Before u flash erase your mms app in system then after flash wipe dalvik /cache.. Mms is working great for me.. Note= sending and receiving mms seems to take a bit longer on this rom.. Give it time..
That is what I did and 12 hours later the text still says sending.
wigginst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #438 (permalink)
Resident Galaxy Cat
 
TheBritton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amarillo, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,173
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 (Retired: Galaxy Victory, Galaxy S2, Optimus V, Motorola Triumph)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Thanks: 1,285
Thanked 1,131 Times in 594 Posts
Default

Hey Prinny....

MUCH THANKS to you! From a Samsung Galaxy S2 user..
for helping is fix MMS on ParanoidAndroid. Thanks for letting us use up some of the thread here

You're awesome!
TheBritton is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #439 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jjohn7293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 559
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 109 Times in 69 Posts
Default

HeyI couldn't get this to work on miui. Even changed build prop tovm
jjohn7293 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #440 (permalink)
Member
 
dueltothedeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 149
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 82
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: [ZIP] MMS FIX FOR CM/AOSP/AOKP (THANKS wolfu)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohn7293 View Post
HeyI couldn't get this to work on miui. Even changed build prop tovm
I didn't see anything in the op that says to change build prop..
dueltothedeath is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #441 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

The miui zip is for the jelly bean version, not ICS
cocheese101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 04:40 AM   #442 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jjohn7293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 559
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 109 Times in 69 Posts
Default Re: [ZIP] MMS FIX FOR CM/AOSP/AOKP (THANKS wolfu)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocheese101 View Post
The miui zip is for the jelly bean version, not ICS
How can it be made to work with ICS???
jjohn7293 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #443 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 100
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 27
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: [ZIP] MMS FIX FOR CM/AOSP/AOKP (THANKS wolfu)

I can confirm this works with Go SMS Pro if you clear out the custom settings for MMS in the app. Just worked perfectly.
minikirchner is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #444 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 653
Thanked 1,037 Times in 721 Posts
Default Re: [ZIP] MMS FIX FOR CM/AOSP/AOKP (THANKS wolfu)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minikirchner View Post
I can confirm this works with Go SMS Pro if you clear out the custom settings for MMS in the app. Just worked perfectly.
I've tried it. I had flashed it and downloaded go SMS pro and didn't set custom settings. Didn't work for me. Can you explain a little more?
Prinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #445 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 100
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 27
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: [ZIP] MMS FIX FOR CM/AOSP/AOKP (THANKS wolfu)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
I've tried it. I had flashed it and downloaded go SMS pro and didn't set custom settings. Didn't work for me. Can you explain a little more?
I flashed the zip. Checked APNs to make sure it was correct. In Go SMS under MMS settings make sure everything is unchecked. Hit make MMS auto-retrieve. I raised the minimum size to 1MB.

My mom sent me a picture. Went into it and hit download and it came through. I also had a friend send a picture and it came through without me hitting download. Either way, seems to be working for me.

Edit: Also wifi was on and connected while doing this.
minikirchner is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #446 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 653
Thanked 1,037 Times in 721 Posts
Default

Huh. Still no dice for me. I tried both manually inputting settings, and making sure settings were cleared. It shows the picture as sent, but I never receive it. Hrm.
Prinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #447 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 36
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Having an issue with receiving on 3.5.2 AOKP. I have a message thread going, and when they send an MMS it shows up as a new message thread that appears to be a forwarded message from my own number. I've read through the thread and couldn't figure out if anybody else had this issue.

I'm using the latest Stock MMS zip from the OP (CM10 +cache). Tried just about every install method, and just looking for some advice before I do a complete reinstall of aokp to start from scratch.

I am actually receiving the picture, but just in a strange way. Have a screencap link below.

Screenshot of what I'm seeing
Mook663 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #448 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 202
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: [ZIP] MMS FIX FOR CM/AOSP/AOKP (THANKS wolfu)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook663 View Post
Having an issue with receiving on 3.5.2 AOKP. I have a message thread going, and when they send an MMS it shows up as a new message thread that appears to be a forwarded message from my own number. I've read through the thread and couldn't figure out if anybody else had this issue.

I'm using the latest Stock MMS zip from the OP (CM10 +cache). Tried just about every install method, and just looking for some advice before I do a complete reinstall of aokp to start from scratch.

I am actually receiving the picture, but just in a strange way. Have a screencap link below.

Screenshot of what I'm seeing
I'm having the same problem on the same ROM

it'a a known issue, I think. Hopefully it will be ironed out in the future.
droiddekka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #449 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 202
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default

also: when trying to select multiple threads for deletion they do not highlight properly.


this would be on the "dark theme" apk


is anyone interested and capable of applying these fixes to the cm10/aokp mms? preferably inverted...right now this is the one glaring inconsistency of my rom's setup.
droiddekka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #450 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nsciucco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,372
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V(3D) [ROM] _unSENSEable v 2.0 Buttered Toast.
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 131
Thanked 288 Times in 206 Posts
nsciucco@gmail.com
Default

I am getting a reply message to myself when I respond to a MMS message. I am on Mazda's AOKP.
__________________
If you like my work brighten my day and *Donate*
nsciucco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO V 4G > EVO V 4G - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.