Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO V 4G > EVO V 4G - All Things Root

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

Like Tree194Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:06 AM   #451 (permalink)
The Undead Flashaholic
 
Revenant Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hell
Posts: 1,267
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G with Negalite-Blurom and Buttered Toast Kernel
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 387
Thanked 415 Times in 322 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigginst View Post
Cannot seem to get the new version to flash. Just keeps boot looping. Have tried a dirty flash like I have done for the last several and even tried clean flashing. Thought was a bad flash or bad download. Redid the export from Svn but still no go.
Yeah, same here. Had to revert back to r68. Well, I'm sure Nega's on it.

EDIT: Well, it looks like Nega addressed the issue with r70. About to update and flash it now.

Revenant Ghost is offline  
Last edited by Revenant Ghost; March 20th, 2013 at 03:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Revenant Ghost For This Useful Post:
negamann303 (March 20th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #452 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Call me a noob but I dont get how to download the Nightly Repo SVN so i can be testing out r70. If someone could let me know how to get the entire file at once please inform me.
SJerry421 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #453 (permalink)
Member
 
Subzer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: McCormick, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 300
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4g, Kyocera Rise, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1"
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 49
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJerry421 View Post
Call me a noob but I dont get how to download the Nightly Repo SVN so i can be testing out r70. If someone could let me know how to get the entire file at once please inform me.
Google is your friend.... Look http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1211234
Subzer0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Subzer0 For This Useful Post:
negamann303 (March 20th, 2013)
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #454 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Palmetto Fellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 1,881
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO V 4G (retired), HTC EVO 4G (retired), Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 114
Thanked 272 Times in 220 Posts
Default

I'm on r70 right now, getting things setup, and I see an awful lot of Connections Optimizer Failure notices (didn't see any on r66). I'll look back through this thread incase we're supposed to do something to make that stop.

Also worth noting, my firmware is not on the latest OTA. Would that have any affect on the ROM?


EDIT:

Those notifications seem to show up after a reboot. I've been customizing for about 10 minutes now, and it hasn't shown up again.
Palmetto Fellow is online now  
Last edited by Palmetto Fellow; March 20th, 2013 at 11:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #455 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
favelarx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Posts: 67
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G Optimus V Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 18
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 03-17-2013

Finally flashed it today and I'm already loving it
favelarx is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to favelarx For This Useful Post:
negamann303 (March 20th, 2013)
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #456 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
negamann303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 144
Thanked 172 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Fellow View Post
I'm on r70 right now, getting things setup, and I see an awful lot of Connections Optimizer Failure notices (didn't see any on r66). I'll look back through this thread incase we're supposed to do something to make that stop.

Also worth noting, my firmware is not on the latest OTA. Would that have any affect on the ROM?


EDIT:

Those notifications seem to show up after a reboot. I've been customizing for about 10 minutes now, and it hasn't shown up again.
I believe the connection optimizer ties in to the latest baseband, updating the firmware would be recommended. connection optimizer isn't really bloat, It will save you battery in the long run
__________________
Negalite Blurom

Taking donation for phone related testing equipment only(cables, apps, etc.): Donation link - not for personal spending.
negamann303 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #457 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Palmetto Fellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 1,881
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO V 4G (retired), HTC EVO 4G (retired), Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 114
Thanked 272 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann303 View Post
I believe the connection optimizer ties in to the latest baseband, updating the firmware would be recommended. connection optimizer isn't really bloat, It will save you battery in the long run
I don't know about the battery savings. I NEVER connect to public WiFi networks, and I leave my WiFi on all the time so anytime I am near a known network, it auto-connects anyway. What specifically does the optimizer do? Periodically poll for WiFi, while WiFi is disabled?
Palmetto Fellow is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #458 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nsciucco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,372
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V(3D) [ROM] _unSENSEable v 2.0 Buttered Toast.
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 131
Thanked 288 Times in 206 Posts
nsciucco@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann303 View Post
I believe the connection optimizer ties in to the latest baseband, updating the firmware would be recommended. connection optimizer isn't really bloat, It will save you battery in the long run
I would have to disagree with it saving battery. It turns on your wifi and 4g randomly to search for networks. There is no way that can save your battery. I promptly deleted the connection optimizer
__________________
If you like my work brighten my day and *Donate*
nsciucco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #459 (permalink)
Resident Slide Rule Guru
 
OverByter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,998
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G,Triumph CM7 TG=Reloaded, Intercept UD6, HTC Wildfire S HBOOT Unlocked w/s-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 403
Thanked 918 Times in 656 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to OverByter
Default Re: [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 03-17-2013

If you really want to use something like the connection optimizer, you're better off using Juice Defender in my opinion.
OB
OverByter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #460 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nsciucco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,372
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V(3D) [ROM] _unSENSEable v 2.0 Buttered Toast.
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 131
Thanked 288 Times in 206 Posts
nsciucco@gmail.com
Default

Ya I dont like juice deffender and I would agree
OverByter likes this.
nsciucco is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #461 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
negamann303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 144
Thanked 172 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Fellow View Post
I don't know about the battery savings. I NEVER connect to public WiFi networks, and I leave my WiFi on all the time so anytime I am near a known network, it auto-connects anyway. What specifically does the optimizer do? Periodically poll for WiFi, while WiFi is disabled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsciucco View Post
I would have to disagree with it saving battery. It turns on your wifi and 4g randomly to search for networks. There is no way that can save your battery. I promptly deleted the connection optimizer
From what I gather from connection optimizer, It checks for connections, If one is present, that connection shuts off all non connecting devices until the next check(whatever the time is) So you're able to leave everything on without it ALL constantly checking for a connection. Once it finds the best one, it shuts the others off until the next check. I would say that saves battery

also it saves the best open wifi signals possible so you aren't always hopping around open networks while out and about. that also saves battery

Also, we might as well get used to it since it will be in every android phone you buy through sprint/virgin-mobile haha
negamann303 is offline  
Last edited by negamann303; March 20th, 2013 at 03:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #462 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Palmetto Fellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 1,881
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO V 4G (retired), HTC EVO 4G (retired), Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 114
Thanked 272 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann303 View Post
From what I gather from connection optimizer, It checks for connections, If one is present, that connection shuts off all non connecting devices until the next check(whatever the time is) So you're able to leave everything on without it ALL constantly checking for a connection. Once it finds the best one, it shuts the others off until the next check. I would say that saves battery

also it saves the best open wifi signals possible so you aren't always hopping around open networks while out and about. that also saves battery

Also, we might as well get used to it since it will be in every android phone you buy through sprint/virgin-mobile haha
I tend to spend long periods of time in one spot. If I'm at work or at home, I am on WiFi, and both 3G and 4G aren't checking for signal anyway. While I would agree that it could save battery...the battery savings are like cutting $500,000 out of Public Broadcasting from a $5 trillion budget National Budget.

I also like that by leaving 4G on all the time, I am probably more likely to connect to 4G when it's available, instead of waiting on the optimizer to decide to check. The 4G performance out of this phone makes the OG EVO look bad. I think that damn thing scanned for 4G every 10 minutes or something like that. I think this phone scans often when 3G is on. While it may save battery by not polling for a 4G tower, I am also getting less performance out of my bandwidth options. On my commute home, I am in 4G way more often than I ever was with the OG EVO.

I bought the extended battery for a reason
Palmetto Fellow is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #463 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
negamann303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 144
Thanked 172 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Fellow View Post
I tend to spend long periods of time in one spot. If I'm at work or at home, I am on WiFi, and both 3G and 4G aren't checking for signal anyway. While I would agree that it could save battery...the battery savings are like cutting $500,000 out of Public Broadcasting from a $5 trillion budget National Budget.

I also like that by leaving 4G on all the time, I am probably more likely to connect to 4G when it's available, instead of waiting on the optimizer to decide to check. The 4G performance out of this phone makes the OG EVO look bad. I think that damn thing scanned for 4G every 10 minutes or something like that. I think this phone scans often when 3G is on. While it may save battery by not polling for a 4G tower, I am also getting less performance out of my bandwidth options. On my commute home, I am in 4G way more often than I ever was with the OG EVO.

I bought the extended battery for a reason
Haha don't worry it's optional in the next release
Palmetto Fellow likes this.
negamann303 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #464 (permalink)
Resident Slide Rule Guru
 
OverByter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,998
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G,Triumph CM7 TG=Reloaded, Intercept UD6, HTC Wildfire S HBOOT Unlocked w/s-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 403
Thanked 918 Times in 656 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to OverByter
Default Re: [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann303 View Post
Also, we might as well get used to it since it will be in every android phone you buy through sprint/virgin-mobile haha
No, that's why we root and run Negalite Blurom!
OB
Palmetto Fellow likes this.
OverByter is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OverByter For This Useful Post:
deadlydreamer (March 20th, 2013), negamann303 (March 20th, 2013), sTaRtOxIc (March 20th, 2013)
Old March 20th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #465 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
negamann303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 144
Thanked 172 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverByter View Post
No, that's why we root and run Negalite Blurom!
OB
That's true haha
negamann303 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #466 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nsciucco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,372
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V(3D) [ROM] _unSENSEable v 2.0 Buttered Toast.
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 131
Thanked 288 Times in 206 Posts
nsciucco@gmail.com
Default

You are a beast NEGA. Glad to have you at Android Forums
nsciucco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #467 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
deadlydreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bradenton Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 18
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4g s-off running Negalite Blurom 4ext recovery, LG optimus v running backside iho
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 8
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Get this when clicking any link on your website
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
And I can't figure out why when I plug in my logitec headphones sometimes it recognizes that there is a microphone and sometimes it doesn't :-\
deadlydreamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #468 (permalink)
Resident Slide Rule Guru
 
OverByter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,998
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G,Triumph CM7 TG=Reloaded, Intercept UD6, HTC Wildfire S HBOOT Unlocked w/s-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 403
Thanked 918 Times in 656 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to OverByter
Default Re: [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 03-17-2013

Why does the image show an extra http in front of the url?
OB
OverByter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #469 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
huchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Richland, WA
Posts: 72
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V, LG Optimus V x3, Kindle Fire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlydreamer View Post
Get this when clicking any link on your website
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
And I can't figure out why when I plug in my logitec headphones sometimes it recognizes that there is a microphone and sometimes it doesn't :-\
Yeah. Links are not working. Removing extra characters doesn't help... :confuse

P.S. Glad to see you here Nega

http://negamann303.hotrocksinya.com/downloadlist/click.php?id=57
huchman is offline  
Last edited by huchman; March 20th, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to huchman For This Useful Post:
deadlydreamer (March 20th, 2013)
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #470 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
negamann303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 144
Thanked 172 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huchman View Post
Yeah. Links are not working. Removing extra characters doesn't help... :confuse

P.S. Glad to see you here Nega

http://negamann303.hotrocksinya.com/downloadlist/click.php?id=57
badass avatar

I am moving everything to here: download.negalite.com
negamann303 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to negamann303 For This Useful Post:
BoomBoom53 (March 21st, 2013), deadlydreamer (March 20th, 2013), Hamzawv (March 20th, 2013), huchman (March 20th, 2013), ramjet73 (March 20th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #471 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
deadlydreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bradenton Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 18
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4g s-off running Negalite Blurom 4ext recovery, LG optimus v running backside iho
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 8
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann303 View Post
badass avatar

I am moving everything to here: download.negalite.com
That would explain it
And I agree on the avatar
deadlydreamer is offline  
Last edited by deadlydreamer; March 20th, 2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: darn autocorrect
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deadlydreamer For This Useful Post:
negamann303 (March 20th, 2013)
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #472 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Palmetto Fellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 1,881
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO V 4G (retired), HTC EVO 4G (retired), Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 114
Thanked 272 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Have you guys seen extra apostrophes in text messages when doing backup/restores with the stock SMS app? Is this a Sense thing, or is it bigger than that? I found this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1513927

Here's mine This is just an example, I have others from real people too.

Palmetto Fellow is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #473 (permalink)
Resident Slide Rule Guru
 
OverByter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,998
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G,Triumph CM7 TG=Reloaded, Intercept UD6, HTC Wildfire S HBOOT Unlocked w/s-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 403
Thanked 918 Times in 656 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to OverByter
Default Re: [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 03-17-2013

I don't know but I use SMS Backup and Restore Pro, just because I still have access when I switch to a non-sense rom, just an idea if you find the stock app to be problematic. Now that I think about it I even had problems with it restoring the first few times that I used it and that's what made me look for another solution.
OB
OverByter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #474 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Download Link

Can't download latest, download like appears to be broken.
compu_nut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #475 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
negamann303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 144
Thanked 172 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by compu_nut View Post
Can't download latest, download like appears to be broken.
try now
negamann303 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #476 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 917
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G Toshiba Thrive
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 61
Thanked 58 Times in 53 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 03-17-2013

Saw r72 fixes settings apk and that's about it. Big enough thing to reflash or OK till a few more changes hit?
wigginst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #477 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
negamann303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 144
Thanked 172 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigginst View Post
Saw r72 fixes settings apk and that's about it. Big enough thing to reflash or OK till a few more changes hit?
You can just replace it with any settings.apk from r70 below
negamann303 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #478 (permalink)
Resident Slide Rule Guru
 
OverByter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,998
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G,Triumph CM7 TG=Reloaded, Intercept UD6, HTC Wildfire S HBOOT Unlocked w/s-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 403
Thanked 918 Times in 656 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to OverByter
Default Re: [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigginst View Post
Saw r72 fixes settings apk and that's about it. Big enough thing to reflash or OK till a few more changes hit?
That's really a question only you can answer, the whole idea of the SVN process is that a single change that's committed creates a new revision, if that makes it worth it to create a new zip then go for it, otherwise wait until there's a change committed that YOU find worth the effort, I certainly don't zip and flash every revision, nega is WAY to fast for me!
OB
OverByter is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OverByter For This Useful Post:
negamann303 (March 21st, 2013)
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:03 AM   #479 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 917
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G Toshiba Thrive
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 61
Thanked 58 Times in 53 Posts
Default [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | A

I get that. Was just wondering if the fact that it involved settings made it more urgent or of this one could wait. I typicAlly look at the log and decide.
wigginst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:04 AM   #480 (permalink)
Member
 
efaustus9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: MA USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 157
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V 4G Unlocked Potential HD w buttered toast 17.2. S-Off 1.50.
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 23
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Is anyone still experiencing CPU0 locking to 384Mhz if the phone is left idle for a while with out an external power source. Even after disabling Kernel Tuner I was having the same issue. I am still on r66. I know Subzer0 and one other user had mentioned having this issue besides myself.
efaustus9 is offline  
Last edited by efaustus9; March 21st, 2013 at 12:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:45 AM   #481 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
negamann303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 144
Thanked 172 Times in 83 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by efaustus9 View Post
Is anyone still experiencing CPU0 locking to 384Mhz if the phone is left idle for a while with out an external power source. Even after disabling Kernel Tuner I was having the same issue. I am still on r66. I know Subzer0 and one other user had mentioned having this issue besides myself.
Only a couple of you guys. Try a different governor, raise the min and lower the max
negamann303 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:40 AM   #482 (permalink)
Resident Slide Rule Guru
 
OverByter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,998
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G,Triumph CM7 TG=Reloaded, Intercept UD6, HTC Wildfire S HBOOT Unlocked w/s-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 403
Thanked 918 Times in 656 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to OverByter
Default Re: [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 03-17-2013

Using the latest version of Kernel Tuner works fine for me at 384-1.566 with xondemand on boot complete.
OB
OverByter is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OverByter For This Useful Post:
ramjet73 (March 21st, 2013)
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:37 AM   #483 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 917
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G Toshiba Thrive
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 61
Thanked 58 Times in 53 Posts
Default

So has anyone seen any improvements in their signal connection since the addition of connection optimizer? Was wondering if it actually made for a more steady signal or if it causes it to go in and out.
wigginst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:52 AM   #484 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

love it, but having a constant problem...
when i turn the screen on it taps automatically all over the screen randomly until i turn the screen off then on again. Please help somebody!

anyone have this issue and know how to solve it?
Thanks!
mattgrant88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 07:24 AM   #485 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi i have just switched over to the EVO from the triumph ... gotta say much better over here. I have been running running 69 for a day or so and the OTA Updater app prompted me to do an update. what settings in Aroma installer would be correct to keep my apps and settings but update the rom?
jakeiskewl2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:18 AM   #486 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
negamann303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 144
Thanked 172 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgrant88 View Post
love it, but having a constant problem...
when i turn the screen on it taps automatically all over the screen randomly until i turn the screen off then on again. Please help somebody!

anyone have this issue and know how to solve it?
Thanks!
If your phone is in the case, pull it out and see if there's any difference. If you didn't start this rom completely fresh, the issue may lay there. Also I had that problem one time, but it turned out to be a hardware issue and I got it replaced. It could also be your clockspeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeiskewl2 View Post
Hi i have just switched over to the EVO from the triumph ... gotta say much better over here. I have been running running 69 for a day or so and the OTA Updater app prompted me to do an update. what settings in Aroma installer would be correct to keep my apps and settings but update the rom?
In the wipe menu, select only system, nothing else, then continue
negamann303 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:58 AM   #487 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Palmetto Fellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 1,881
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO V 4G (retired), HTC EVO 4G (retired), Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 114
Thanked 272 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverByter View Post
That's really a question only you can answer, the whole idea of the SVN process is that a single change that's committed creates a new revision, if that makes it worth it to create a new zip then go for it, otherwise wait until there's a change committed that YOU find worth the effort, I certainly don't zip and flash every revision, nega is WAY to fast for me!
OB

I used to try and keep up with him. Around the r-30s into the R-40s I was right there...cutting edge.

then the R-50s came along, and I slowed down...and now we're over r-70. BTW, all of this happened in March
xstefen likes this.
Palmetto Fellow is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:18 AM   #488 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nsciucco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,372
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V(3D) [ROM] _unSENSEable v 2.0 Buttered Toast.
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 131
Thanked 288 Times in 206 Posts
nsciucco@gmail.com
Default

nobody can keep up with him. He's a beast
nsciucco is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nsciucco For This Useful Post:
negamann303 (March 21st, 2013)
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:38 AM   #489 (permalink)
Member
 
efaustus9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: MA USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 157
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V 4G Unlocked Potential HD w buttered toast 17.2. S-Off 1.50.
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 23
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann303 View Post
Only a couple of you guys. Try a different governor, raise the min and lower the max
I have tried four different governors with and still had the same result. I am using Angry Bean at the moment but when I flash your rom again I may try changing the min or flashing anthrax and see what happens.
efaustus9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:20 AM   #490 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Palmetto Fellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 1,881
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO V 4G (retired), HTC EVO 4G (retired), Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 114
Thanked 272 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by efaustus9 View Post
I have tried four different governors with and still had the same result. I am using Angry Bean at the moment but when I flash your rom again I may try changing the min or flashing anthrax and see what happens.
Definately change the min frequency to 432. It would be interesting to see if it now sticks to 432, or still sticks to 384.
Palmetto Fellow is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:55 AM   #491 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
LakersDroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Orange, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 810
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V 4G Unlocked S-Off Rocking with Negalite BluRom R118
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 65
Thanked 132 Times in 105 Posts
Default

I've noticed the option to enable Mount2SD is not in Aroma anymore in the latest build. Was it problematic to have it?
LakersDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:57 AM   #492 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nsciucco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,372
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V(3D) [ROM] _unSENSEable v 2.0 Buttered Toast.
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 131
Thanked 288 Times in 206 Posts
nsciucco@gmail.com
Default

does mount2sd work just like link2sd? I am not familar with mount2sd. I have used link2sd plenty of times
nsciucco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:37 PM   #493 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
negamann303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 144
Thanked 172 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDroid View Post
I've noticed the option to enable Mount2SD is not in Aroma anymore in the latest build. Was it problematic to have it?
I removed it because I never got enough comments regarding it, so I assumed that nobody uses it. A user a while ago said it didn't work correctly, so I updated it and haven't heard anything since. I would like to have the option of apps2sd(real a2sd) though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsciucco View Post
does mount2sd work just like link2sd? I am not familar with mount2sd. I have used link2sd plenty of times
It works somewhat similar, but it isn't for individual apps, it's an all or nothing setup
LakersDroid likes this.
negamann303 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:39 PM   #494 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nsciucco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,372
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V(3D) [ROM] _unSENSEable v 2.0 Buttered Toast.
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 131
Thanked 288 Times in 206 Posts
nsciucco@gmail.com
Default

does the SD card need to be partitioned like link2sd
nsciucco is offline  
Last edited by nsciucco; March 21st, 2013 at 12:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:59 PM   #495 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
negamann303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 144
Thanked 172 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsciucco View Post
does the SD card need to be partitioned like link2sd
Mounts2sd actually applies files to sd-ext. Link2sd is just trickery, last time I tried it anyway
negamann303 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:15 PM   #496 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nsciucco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,372
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V(3D) [ROM] _unSENSEable v 2.0 Buttered Toast.
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 131
Thanked 288 Times in 206 Posts
nsciucco@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann303 View Post
Mounts2sd actually applies files to sd-ext. Link2sd is just trickery, last time I tried it anyway
what do you mean by that .....It works fine for me . You partition the SD card thru recovery and load the app after reboot. Then it finds the partition and lets you put any app you want on the partition
nsciucco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 02:25 PM   #497 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ramjet73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 1,418
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 517
Thanked 821 Times in 581 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsciucco View Post
what do you mean by that .....It works fine for me . You partition the SD card thru recovery and load the app after reboot. Then it finds the partition and lets you put any app you want on the partition
The link2SD app works fine for me too. It creates symbolic links to the apps in the sdext partition so that they are still available when the fat32 partition on the SD card is mounted as USB storage. Maybe that's what nega meant by "trickery".

ramjet73
ramjet73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 03:15 PM   #498 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
negamann303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 144
Thanked 172 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet73 View Post
The link2SD app works fine for me too. It creates symbolic links to the apps in the sdext partition so that they are still available when the fat32 partition on the SD card is mounted as USB storage. Maybe that's what nega meant by "trickery".

ramjet73
That's exactly what I meant, but i'll add link2sd(It actually used to be an option) back in.
negamann303 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to negamann303 For This Useful Post:
badboytoast (March 21st, 2013)
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:25 PM   #499 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
LakersDroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Orange, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 810
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V 4G Unlocked S-Off Rocking with Negalite BluRom R118
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 65
Thanked 132 Times in 105 Posts
Default

I chose the option to have 4x5 rosie in aroma and it creates glitches where app shortcuts would show up under the "Favorite People" widget.
LakersDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:05 PM   #500 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Astoria, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 116
 
Device(s): LG Optimums , Motorola Triumph, HTC Evo 4g V, LG optimus F3 Virgin
Carrier: Virgin Mobile / Sprint

Thanks: 49
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to j1232 Send a message via Yahoo to j1232 Send a message via Skype™ to j1232 squirrel83@gmail.com
Default

What version of Google Now/Google Search do you have bundled with the rom? Also do you have the APK by any chance?
j1232 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO V 4G > EVO V 4G - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.