Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Fascinate > Fascinate - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 18th, 2010, 10:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Boot up speed

My fascinate literally takes 4 minutes to boot up... i dont know how to fix it... an ideas??

and anyone know how to get "wired tether" to work on the fascinate?
I got a cr-48 from google, and i dont know how to tether it... or any other ways to tether?

justinyun2748 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 18th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
saps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 5,092
 
Device(s): Fascinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 337
Thanked 504 Times in 407 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinyun2748 View Post
My fascinate literally takes 4 minutes to boot up... i dont know how to fix it... an ideas??

and anyone know how to get "wired tether" to work on the fascinate?
I got a cr-48 from google, and i dont know how to tether it... or any other ways to tether?
man thats slow, whats your step up like? Even a bone stock SF should be under a minute, let alone something tinkered with approaching 30 seconds
__________________
I luv OTB
saps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saps View Post
man thats slow, whats your step up like? Even a bone stock SF should be under a minute, let alone something tinkered with approaching 30 seconds
wat do you mean by step up??
justinyun2748 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidnmegan6907's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 1,848
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate- Froyo w/ Voodoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 131 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinyun2748 View Post
wat do you mean by step up??
He means by "set up" are you running anything special or is it stock
__________________
SC 2.8 Voodoo w/Revolutionary Red
davidnmegan6907 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnmegan6907 View Post
He means by "set up" are you running anything special or is it stock
I rooted mine... Is there a way to restore the phone like the thing with the ipod touch?
justinyun2748 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nitsuj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,648
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate, HTC Incredible, Moto X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 212
Thanked 656 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinyun2748 View Post
I rooted mine... Is there a way to restore the phone like the thing with the ipod touch?
Yes you can odin the phone back.to.stock and unroot as well...,see friscos root stickie in this forum.
__________________
twitter: @nitsuj17
IRC: #fascinate-themers for those thinking about getting into theming, or current themers
nitsuj17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidnmegan6907's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 1,848
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate- Froyo w/ Voodoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 131 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinyun2748 View Post
I rooted mine... Is there a way to restore the phone like the thing with the ipod touch?
If your only problem is boot up time why unroot for that? You can change your boot animation
davidnmegan6907 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nitsuj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,648
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate, HTC Incredible, Moto X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 212
Thanked 656 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnmegan6907 View Post
If your only problem is boot up time why unroot for that? You can change your boot animation
fwiw the boot ani should have no real effect on system boot time
nitsuj17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 06:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidnmegan6907's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 1,848
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate- Froyo w/ Voodoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 131 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
fwiw the boot ani should have no real effect on system boot time
When I flashed from jt's .5 to .9 I went from the android man with flashes to the samsung logo and I'm 100% sure it takes 8-9 secs longer
davidnmegan6907 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nitsuj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,648
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate, HTC Incredible, Moto X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 212
Thanked 656 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnmegan6907 View Post
When I flashed from jt's .5 to .9 I went from the android man with flashes to the samsung logo and I'm 100% sure it takes 8-9 secs longer
even 9 seconds longer wouldnt account for the ops extended boot time...i mean ive never timed boot anis but they are really just screen savers playing while the phone boots
nitsuj17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 20th, 2010, 07:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidnmegan6907's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 1,848
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate- Froyo w/ Voodoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 131 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
even 9 seconds longer wouldnt account for the ops extended boot time...i mean ive never timed boot anis but they are really just screen savers playing while the phone boots
Yea I got ya thats how I understood it to. Thats y I couldn't understand why it took longer than when I was on .5 I'm going to switch to another boot when I get a chance to see if its just the rom
davidnmegan6907 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 07:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nitsuj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,648
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate, HTC Incredible, Moto X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 212
Thanked 656 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnmegan6907 View Post
Yea I got ya thats how I understood it to. Thats y I couldn't understand why it took longer than when I was on .5 I'm going to switch to another boot when I get a chance to see if its just the rom
is that the boot speed everytime you reboot?
nitsuj17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 07:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidnmegan6907's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 1,848
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate- Froyo w/ Voodoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 131 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
is that the boot speed everytime you reboot?
Yes it is
davidnmegan6907 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 07:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nitsuj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,648
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate, HTC Incredible, Moto X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 212
Thanked 656 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnmegan6907 View Post
Yes it is
yeah idk then...but as far as i know it wouldnt be the boot ani
nitsuj17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 02:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How do you remove voodoo or kernal?
I'm trying get wired tether app to work so I can tether my cr-48
justinyun2748 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 02:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nitsuj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,648
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate, HTC Incredible, Moto X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 212
Thanked 656 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinyun2748 View Post
How do you remove voodoo or kernal?
I'm trying get wired tether app to work so I can tether my cr-48
do you have a voodoo kernel installed? and if so which version dio1 old voodoo or dj05 voodoo5
nitsuj17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 04:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i'm not sure... i'll post a pic in like 5 mins... but if I go back to stock, would it change the boot up time?
and whats the difference between going back to stock with odin, and just faculty resetting it?
justinyun2748 is offline  
Last edited by justinyun2748; December 21st, 2010 at 04:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 04:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nitsuj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,648
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate, HTC Incredible, Moto X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 212
Thanked 656 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinyun2748 View Post
i'm not sure... i'll post a pic in like 5 mins... but if I go back to stock, would it change the boot up time?
and whats the difference between going back to stock with odin, and just faculty resetting it?
odin will take your phone all the way and remove all mods you made to if you flash the neccessary files....factory reset will just basically nuke your data
nitsuj17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 05:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have no clue how to put my picture...

Hardware version - i500.04
Model Number - SCH-I500
Firmware Version - 2.1-update1
Baseband version - S:i500.04 V.DH12
Kernal version - 2.6.29
Build number - SCH-I500.DH12
justinyun2748 is offline  
Last edited by justinyun2748; December 21st, 2010 at 05:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 05:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
odin will take your phone all the way and remove all mods you made to if you flash the neccessary files....factory reset will just basically nuke your data
So what do you think I should do to change the boot up speed?
justinyun2748 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 21st, 2010, 05:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nitsuj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,648
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate, HTC Incredible, Moto X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 212
Thanked 656 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinyun2748 View Post
I have no clue how to put my picture...

Hardware version - i500.04
Model Number - SCH-I500
Firmware Version - 2.1-update1
Baseband version - S:i500.04 V.DH12
Kernal version - 2.6.29
Build number - SCH-I500.DH12
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinyun2748 View Post
So what do you think I should do to change the boot up speed?
i cant tell if you have voodoo installed from that...but wow...dh12 system is really old though....the easiest way to get to dio1 would be pushing all the dio1 odin files...you can get linked to them from friscos root sticky
nitsuj17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 07:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
i cant tell if you have voodoo installed from that...but wow...dh12 system is really old though....the easiest way to get to dio1 would be pushing all the dio1 odin files...you can get linked to them from friscos root sticky
Oh... I had voodoo but i tried uninstalling it so I used the uninstall.zip file... I cant still figure out how to adb... any ideas on adb, and instructions on how to do it?
justinyun2748 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidnmegan6907's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 1,848
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate- Froyo w/ Voodoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 131 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Has anyone tried flashing the boot animations in sonofskywalker in rom manager
davidnmegan6907 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 05:57 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nitsuj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,648
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate, HTC Incredible, Moto X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 212
Thanked 656 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinyun2748 View Post
Oh... I had voodoo but i tried uninstalling it so I used the uninstall.zip file... I cant still figure out how to adb... any ideas on adb, and instructions on how to do it?
adrynalyne's recent adb workshop is the best place to start [GUIDE] ADB Workshop and Guide for everyone - xda-developers
nitsuj17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 05:58 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nitsuj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,648
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate, HTC Incredible, Moto X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 212
Thanked 656 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnmegan6907 View Post
Has anyone tried flashing the boot animations in sonofskywalker in rom manager
they work...it just automatically puts in a boot ani instead of you doing it manually
nitsuj17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nitsuj17 For This Useful Post:
davidnmegan6907 (December 22nd, 2010)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Fascinate > Fascinate - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.