Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Fascinate > Fascinate - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 10th, 2011, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Bricked phone, odin doesnt see

so i went to root my phone and it stopped half way through. Now stuck going between the two samsung screens when i try to power on. I can get it in manual mode but still doesnt help. Odin isnt recognizing the phone at all so i cant just do a full restore on it. Any ideas?

godfather is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 75
 
Device(s): Fascinate - EB15/EB16/EB01 Voodoo'd running Super Clean 2.9.2 with jt's 3.27
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather View Post
so i went to root my phone and it stopped half way through. Now stuck going between the two samsung screens when i try to power on. I can get it in manual mode but still doesnt help. Odin isnt recognizing the phone at all so i cant just do a full restore on it. Any ideas?
I assume you have the samsung drivers installed and using the factory cable? Also, try a different USB port for grins.
Tooch01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nitsuj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,648
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate, HTC Incredible, Moto X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 212
Thanked 656 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather View Post
so i went to root my phone and it stopped half way through. Now stuck going between the two samsung screens when i try to power on. I can get it in manual mode but still doesnt help. Odin isnt recognizing the phone at all so i cant just do a full restore on it. Any ideas?
By manual mode are talking about download mode? Can you still 3 button recovery into.stock recovery?
__________________
twitter: @nitsuj17
IRC: #fascinate-themers for those thinking about getting into theming, or current themers
nitsuj17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

tooch01- tried the the different port and factory cabel, no luck. and samsung drivers installed.

nitsuj17- The manual mode is the recovery mode that is the 3 button thing. Allows for four options:

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

all those do nothing for me. option 2 however fails because it cant find anything on the sd card. any ideas on this?
godfather is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 02:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nklenchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Yew Nork
Posts: 590
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 53 Times in 48 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to nklenchik
Default

What nitsuj17 was saying was, are you in download mode while you're trying to flash odin files? Plug your phone in the USB on your computer while it's off and the battery's taken out, then hold volume down until you see the yellow download logo.

Odin should recognize your phone :P Then again, maybe it's the odin version that isn't recognizing it.
nklenchik is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nklenchik For This Useful Post:
godfather (January 11th, 2011)
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nitsuj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,648
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate, HTC Incredible, Moto X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 212
Thanked 656 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather View Post
tooch01- tried the the different port and factory cabel, no luck. and samsung drivers installed.

nitsuj17- The manual mode is the recovery mode that is the 3 button thing. Allows for four options:

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

all those do nothing for me. option 2 however fails because it cant find anything on the sd card. any ideas on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nklenchik View Post
What nitsuj17 was saying was, are you in download mode while you're trying to flash odin files? Plug your phone in the USB on your computer while it's off and the battery's taken out, then hold volume down until you see the yellow download logo.

Odin should recognize your phone :P Then again, maybe it's the odin version that isn't recognizing it.
Yeah if your phone boots to recovery.then you certainly.aren't bricked...,download the.dio1 all in one file from adrynalyne in one of the.threads here (id link you but im on my phone)

Then put your phone in download mode (hold the volume down key with the phone off and plug in the usb cord....you ll see a yellow android and triangle)

Then open odin....load the dio1 all in one file with the pda key...click start...,once its done and says success disconnect the phone and 3 button recovery to stock recovery....wipe data and cache twice...,then reboot your phone
nitsuj17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nitsuj17 For This Useful Post:
godfather (January 11th, 2011)
Old January 11th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 56
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather View Post
tooch01- tried the the different port and factory cabel, no luck. and samsung drivers installed.

nitsuj17- The manual mode is the recovery mode that is the 3 button thing. Allows for four options:

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

all those do nothing for me. option 2 however fails because it cant find anything on the sd card. any ideas on this?
If you have clockwork mod recovery installed, hit the home key while apply sdcard:update.zip is highlighted.

It should then go into CW recovery and you can reboot from there.

If you say you were able to select the apply SDcard option and it failed I am guessing you don't have CW installed.
fstbusa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbusa View Post
If you have clockwork mod recovery installed, hit the home key while apply sdcard:update.zip is highlighted.

It should then go into CW recovery and you can reboot from there.

If you say you were able to select the apply SDcard option and it failed I am guessing you don't have CW installed.

So what do you do if you dont have CW installed?
CJWilson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 56
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJWilson View Post
So what do you do if you dont have CW installed?
you can go into download mode just as NJ says above. Download clockwork recovery and put it in the pda section and hit start.

Then you should be able to 3-finger into cw.
fstbusa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Fascinate > Fascinate - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.