September 12th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 175 Times in 68 Posts
This written repair guide is also a great complement to our video guide and insure a safe repair on your Fascinate is made.
This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Fascinate part(s):
- Samsung Fascinate LCD and Touch Screen Replacement part
Samsung Fascinate LCD and touch screen digitizer repair guide:
- Safe open pry tool
- Small Phillips
- First is to remove the back cover from the phone then remove the battery and the memory card.
- Then use Small Phillips Screwdriver to remove the 6 Phillips screw as shown at the figure 1.
- Using safe pry tool, gently pry of all the side of the phone to remove the back bezzel from the phone.
- Next, use safe pry tool to release the screen ribbon from the motherboard as shown at figure 2.
- Using a safe open pry tool, carefully pry up the front glass screen from the unit. Note that the glass screen will be adhered to the unit all along the sides with an adhesive material and you may have to use a hot air gun / hair-dryer before prying up the front glass screen.
- Once the screen is ease off from the screen, you can now pry off the buttons at the bottom of the screen. Gently pry it off as it is held with a little adhesive to avoid from being damaged.
- The Fascinate is now disassembled and you can replace the damaged part(s) with new ones.
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.