November 1st, 2008, 04:03 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Had my G1 for a week, still haven't figured out how to...
1. forward a text or mms message to other contacts
2. copy/paste a portion of an existing text message into a new text message.
3. delete a single text message without deleting the whole string.
4. rename a folder i've created on any of the home screens. for instance, in an attempt to clean up my home screen i thought i'd create a few folders, and put related apps inside a single folder, ie, i'd put youtube, videoplayer, music, pictures, camers, etc in the AudVid folder. and continue the process for other related apps, but i haven't found a way to change 'folder' to 'AudVid'.
5. does the app AnyCut do macro's at all? for instance, i routinely send the same messages to some of my staff at different times. with AnyCut i can get right to the contact i want and the window opened up, but i still have to drag the keyboard open and type in the same message. or am i not using AnyCut correctly?
6. i saw 'shapewriter' in the android developer challenger and would love, even pay, to have it. i can't find it, or anything similar for the android OS, or am i overlooking something somewhere. i saw another program call 'swype' on engadget.com which does the same thing, and either/both look awesome on their demo vids. would also be great to not have to open the keyboard simply to type out 'ok', 'sure', 'yeah', etc as a reply to a text message.
7. i read in a post by someone on here that the screen is glass, and therefore, relatively scratch resistant. when i bought mine, the sales guy said it's hard plastic, not glass, so i've been keeping my screen well covered till the protector i ordered (invisishield....hope i don't regret that after reading some other's feedback on that product) gets here and on my G1. any official word on the screen composition?
i'm sure there are/will be more later, but would really appreciate any insight with these issues and hope they help some other newbies too!
thanks in advance!