Android version 2.3.6
Baseband version S5570XWKT4
Thanked 118 Times in 51 Posts
[TUTORIAL] Unlock Sim Network on Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570,Ace S5830,Gio S5660,Pop i559,Fit S5670
Good news people. Yesterday i sucessfully unlocked my Galaxy Mini.
(It has been confirm that this method can unlock Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570, Ace S5830, Gio S5660 , Pop i559, 5 i5500, Fit S5670)
BEFORE CONTINUING THE STEPS I WILL SUGGEST TO THE PEOPLE THAT THEY SHOULD DO THIS ONLY IF THEIR PHONE IS UNDER WARRANTY. THE CHANCE ARE 70% UNLOCKED AND 30% BRICKED. BRICKED CAN BE CAUSE FROM ALREADY DAMAGED PARTITION IN THE INTERNAL MEMORY, UNLOKING YOUR PHONE IN RUSH HOUR AND NOT CONCENTRATING ON THE STEPS AND COMMANDS, BAD FLASHED PHONES, DIFERENT BRAND OF THE PHONE, LACK OF UNDERSTANDING ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND HAVE NO CLUE WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE (FOLLOWING PICTURES LIKE CHRISTMAS TREE).
I'M NOT TAKING ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR INCORECT PROCEDURE DURING THE OPERATION FALLOW THE STEPS AS THIS WAS DONE ON A STOCK FIRMWARE FROYO 2.2.1 WITHOUTH ANY PREVIOUS FLASHES ON THE PHONE AND THE SIM CARD MUST BE INSERTED WITH THE RIGHT NETWORK UNLOCKED ON THE PHONE. READ CAREFULLY AND DON'T MISS A LINE. WHEN YOU SEE THE COMMAND "stl5" = (IN BIG LETTERS TO SEE IS STL5 AND NOT ST15). FOR MORE SECURE REASON BEFORE STARTING THE STEPS YOU NEED TO TURN OFF ANY KIND OF PROCESS IN TASK MANEGER IF SOME PROGRAM IS RUNING IN BACKROUND AND TURN OFF GPS, BLUETOOTH AND WIFI. NEVER INSTALL "ROM Manager" OR "SGS Toolbox" TO BACKUP YOUR EFS AS THIS APPLICATIONS ARE NOT DESIGNED FOR OUR PHONES IT WILL SIMPLY BRICK THEM. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK AND GOD SPEED!
IMPORTANT: NEVER USE THE METHOD OF DD "dd if=/dev/block/stl5 of=/sdcard/stl5.rfs" to copy stl5 file from root to SD card it seems that Samsung has protected that file and you will have bricked phone i guarantee that as it hapened with my old phone!
Now before starting with the SAFE METHOD please provide information about your phone so other people can see on witch network you unlock your phone and country. You can do this by typeing *#1234# on your phone call and on Settings > About phone. For example I'll provide mine.
1. Make shure you have installed the leatest drivers for your phone (USB drivers included inside and all necessary stuff to have correct connection your mobile with your PC) just download KIES from the official web site for Samsung mobiles (don't forget to restart PC after installation).
2. Make shure u have a ROOTED phone with SuperOneClick 2.1.1.
You can download it from here: SuperOneClick v2.1.1
This is only for the people that they are using Gingerbread and can't root their phone with SuperOneClick. You can root your phone with universal_gb_root_v11.zip file for your phone model.
Question: How do I Root Gingerbread on my phone?
- First enable Unknown sources on your phone (Settings -> Applications -> Unknown sources)
- Download the universal_gb_root_v11.zip file and put in your SD card.
* How do I transfer universal_gb_root_v11.zip on my SD card?
(You can tranfer the universal_gb_root_v11.zip to your phone via Wifi, Bluetooth, SD micro Adapter or USB cable. To transfer it via USB cable you need first to download KIES from the offical Samsung Web Site and after installing restart your PC so the USB drivers can be recognized properly.Enable USB debugging on your phone, Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging. Plug in the USB cable and enable the connection on you mobile phone like the picture in the bottom. After couple of seconds your SD card will be showed on your PC like Removable disk. Copy universal_gb_root_v11.zip to your SD card.)
- After transferring your file on your phone disable the USB by pressing "Disconnect storage from PC" after that remove the USB cable and turn off your phone "Power off". - Make shure you start the phone like this : Long press and hold the (Power Button) + (Home Button)
- After couple of seconds you will see your phone booting in recovery mode
- Move in the menu with the Volume - Volume + to scroll up and down and choose "apply update from sdcard" with the Home button and choose the universal_gb_root_v11.zip and press once again the Home button to apply it.
- You will see a message "Install form sdcard complete".
- Then press on the "reboot system now" and you are done.
Download link for Universal Gingerbread Root (by StoneBoyTony) :
- First thing you need to remove all the applications that they are depended from root - To UNROOT use the universal_gb_unroot_v10.zip andapply it the same way as for the rooting in Recovery mode - After you apply universal_gb_unroot_v10.zip press on"wipe cache patition", "wipe data/factory reset... select Yes--delete all user--"next reboot your phone. (by doing this you will need to backup first all contacts, APN, applications e.t.c. becouse your phone will be in primary stage as you bought it from the mobile shop)
For those who already have root and want to update you need first uninstall all app that they are depended from root then apply in recovery mode theuniversal_gb_unroot_v10.zipand after that "wipe cache patition", "wipe data/factory reset... select Yes--delete all user--" next reboot your phone and enter again in recovery modeand apply theuniversal_gb_root_v11.zip (by doing this you will need to backup first all contacts, APN, applications e.t.c. becouse your phone will be in primary stage as you bought it from the mobile shop)
3. When you download the SuperOneClick 2.1.1 extract everything in your C:\ root of your hard drive.--
4. After rooting your phone or already rooted download "Root Explorer 2.16.apk" and install it on your phone. After you install start Root Explorer you will be asked from SuperUser to give permission and press "Allow". Restart your phone and continue with the next steps.
Download link: Root Explorer
5. Turn off: GPS,Wifi,Bluetooth and Data roaming. Enable: Airplane mode. Airplane mode you can set it by going on your phone on Settings > Wirless and Network > Flight mode and press to enable it. This will disable all wirless connections.
6. On your phone setup the "USB debugging on enable . You can do this by going on your phone under Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and make shure is checked on enable. Then connect your phone with the USB on the PC. (KIES program should not be runing just connect your mobile)
7. (I'm using XP SP3) Go to Start > Run. Type: cmd
8. It will appear like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Profile>_
9. Type: cd..
10. It will appear like this:
C:\Documents and Settings>_
11. Type again: cd..
12. It will appear like this:
13. Now we are in the root of our hard drive C:\ and we want to enter in the folder ADB that we copy all stuff from Super-one-click.
14. Type: cd adb
15. It will appear like this:
16. Type: adb shell
17. It will appear like this:
18. Then type: su
(First time is rolled this command on the phone make shure you have unlocked your screen becouse you will be asked to give permission on SuperUser privileges and you must click "Allow" and if is the first time you send this command on the phone after you press "Allow" turn off adb shell by typeing 2 times exit, close (cmd window), restart your phone and continue again from step "7." If again after step "7." for the second time you will be asked from SuperUser to give permission on the command "su" in that case you have nonfuctional root phone and you must quit the procedure for unlocking becouse you can brick your phone. But if for the second time after you type the command "su" and see a message on your phone screen "Unknown has been granted Superuser permissions" then you are ready to continue with this TUTORIAL.)
19. It will appear like this:
20. Type: cd /
21. It will appear like this:
# cd /
22. Now open your Root Explorer on your phone and make shure you press on the top is one button "Mount R/W" on the left on the screen will appear "Mounted as r/w"
23. Type: mkdir /efs
24. It will appear like this:
# cd /
# mkdir /efs
25. Type: mount -o nosuid,ro,nodev -t vfat /dev/block/stl5 /efs
26. It will appear like this:
# cd /
# mkdir /efs
# mount -o nosuid,ro,nodev -t vfat /dev/block/stl5 /efs
mount -o nosuid,ro,nodev -t vfat /dev/block/stl5 /efs
27. Type: cat /efs/mits/perso.txt
28. This command opens the file where the perso.txt 8-digit code required to unlock. You look well after him and note . There are a lot of nonsense written including many zeros, but among them is the code
(I marked the code and painted for security reason)
(Now you got your self the unlock code but you must finish the procedure in the next steps so you wont have a bricked phone exactly as it is)
29. After you read your code from the cmd just click one time Enter so you can go to a new line it will appear the sign #
30. Type: umount /efs
(If you don't type this command you will have a bricked phone!)
31: It will appear like this:
# umount /efs
32. Make shure that Root Explorer after this step "31." is in "Mounted as r/o"
33. Final command Type 2 times : exit
34. Remove USB cable (This is one of the problems that can cause bricking the phone on the next step, when USB is on and removing battery from the phone so don't forget to remove the USB before removing the battery)
35. Now Power off the phone (Power off through the power button hold it for 5 sec and choose "Power off"). Remove the battery, Remove your sim card and put other sim card that is locked to the network.
36. Power up the phone put your 8 - digit number and Walaaa "Sucessfully unlocked Network"
REMEMBER ONCE YOU UNLOCK YOUR PHONE NEVER REPEAT IT AGAIN TO DEMONSTRATE TO YOUR FRIEND OR ANYTHING SIMILAR IT CAN DAMAGE THE PARTITION OF YOUR PHONE THIS SHOULD BE DONE ONLY ONCE! THE UNLOCK IS PERMANENT EVEN YOU FLASH YOUR PHONE AFTERWARDS TO GINGERBREAD, CYANOGENMOD OR WHATEVER.
Android version 2.3.6
Baseband version S5570XWKT4
Thanked 118 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Claude
Thanks StoneBoyTony that worked for me on my S5570 from Orange FROYO.BVKE1, 188.8.131.52-perf root@DELL105 #1. Great thanks! Now I try to unlock my wife phone too... same model
You are welcome Mr.Claude and i will advice all people that have unlocked their phone to make a small sacrifice by registering on the forum and post the information about your phone model,country,network,besbanversion,firmware...etc so other people can see.
Last edited by StoneBoyTony; September 3rd, 2011 at 04:45 PM.
I bricked my phone by doing step 33 before 32 but found a thread on XDA developers that brought my S5660M back to life. Just follow each step in order and you will be fine. Always good to have a XP partition btw. Not sure I would get through on Win7
sooooooo many many many thanks.before i m doing wrong.but after trying many times at lasted ied unlock my g.mini s5570.u know in your tutorial typing all things ,before i not doing space beetween to words or like dot (cd..) i m writing only cd and enter but after many places ill doing wrong but last im done right things and ied unlocked my mini.soooo many many thanks.....sorry for my english but i m register only for thanks to you......thank you.......
Thanks a lot,I successfully unlocked mine which was on network 3.But unfortunately i can't get my virgin sim to work.Works fine on o2,orange etc..Is there a possibility to my virgin network to work also.Thanks again
Hi my phone was locked on O2 but I done the whole process without a sim card in and got a code. Typed it in with tmobile in and it sayed succesfully unlocked but it just says emergency calls only. Is it bricked ? Appreciate any response
I have followed these steps
but there are some issues
1. /efs already exist in my case. as this folder is empty
2. when I run mount command , it say invalid parameters.
I have tried in many times but its not working.
sorry have u any solution for EFs file.....ill try to unlock but after this all things my IMEI change with all 000....and i googled there is EFS file something missing .....have any tutorial for EFS file.....pls.
If i want to root my phone with superoneclick, the problem gots stuck when making step 6... then I have to close it forced because nothing happens anymore for a while.
Or do i just have to wait for maybe hours? (I'll do without a problem if that can help )
Also, the next step, rootexplorer.apk, I downloaded it but don't understand. The step says: install on your mobile phone... but how?
The phone is a
Samsung Galaxy mini GT S-5570
Android version 2.3.4
Baseband version S5570XWKQ5
Kernel version 184.108.40.206-perf-CL561937 root@DELL145#1
Build number GINGERBREAD.XWKQG
IMEI CODE: 356716049552590
Well it was a coïncidence I found all this information, a very long time after I tried to do the steps and I didn't remember all the strange words I read into this manual, nor on my mobile phone. So I didn't connect them with each other.
Unfortunately I'm not a tech specialist at all, nor ever will be.
I'm sure for some people this will all sound like the most normal thing ever. But for me, every single word I read here and on my mobile phone is Chinese. I have no idea what rooting even is. No why,
I'm very happy for all the work but for me everything is totally not evident.
Like the next step then: put this file on your SD card.
I got two cards (big and smalle one) with my phone and fortunately someone turned out to have a cable to connect my phone trough USB with my pc.
On which card do I put it? And how?
If I just put my mobile phone with the little card inside in the pc trough the cable, I see in the explorer all kinds of folder and I really have totally no idea how and where to put this file.
And do i have to unzip the file first? Or put in the phone as a whole?
I'm sorry but for me, this explanation is like every step is missing 50 steps, because I don't have the background explanation for all this matters.
And you can't run before you can walk.
I only want to use my phone for what I thought it was made in the first place: to call and send messages... but because in a country where I was they only sold locked onces and I lost my own one, I needed to buy an other.
Excellent! Worked perfectly.
Network: Vodafone (unlocked phone from O2)
Phone: Samsung GT-S5570
Baseband version: S5570XXKB2
Kernel version: 220.127.116.11-perf dpi@androidbuilder14 #1
Build number: FROYO.XWKE3
Had to install Java jdk-7u2-windows-x64 to run Android SDK Manager and SuperOneClick but it all worked fine. Phone is now rooted and free! Thank you!
Sorry mate, will try again another time, but didn't realise that I didn't SuperOneClick as well, I'd heard it was only used to root a phone. My apologies and thanks for your help. Will let you know if this works.
I just registered to say: Thank you so much StoneBoyTony!
I succesfully unlocked my Samsung GT-S5570, by following every step closely. It took me some time, to become familiar with the new mobile [ my first smartphone ;-) ] but after two days of trying out I found the right way to unlock it. I was very nervous, in fear of bricking the device. It all turned out working in the end.
Atention on step 3. Can't find the path becouse you didn't extract superoneclick in c:\ that's why it can't find the folder becouse it isn't there.
I'm having the same problem like yasumy. I tried to DL superoneclick but when I finish dl it my antivir detects malware and automatically delete it. what should I do? is superoneclick harmful to my laptop and phone? rrply asap thanks
I try also turning off my firewall but still when I try to extract the zip file it says no archives found or cannot open the file. please help me.. I want to unlock my phone..
Last edited by redDragon0528; January 23rd, 2012 at 08:02 PM.
Reason: additional information
Thanks Stoneboytony!!! Your detailed explanation really worked! Thanks . I saved 15 quid. This was my first attempt at unlocking… and was successful as well.
There are 3 logical steps:
1. Rooting your phone to have superuser access.
2. Installation of some file manager (Root explorer or Astro)
3. Running ADB Shell and mount other commands.
4. Safe exit and entering the unlock code.
Being a newbie, I was stuck at pt. 2 as I didn’t know how to install root explorer apk. But then I downloaded Astro file manager and installed root explorer apk to continue with the process.
Now it can work with any network !! Freedom! Now will try some other mods.
(Phone company: Spanish YOIGO prepaid formula -
reason: phone lost during travel, necesarry to buy new one in Spain but seemed to be locked while I live in North of Europe, so couldn't use it. Yoigo couldn't provide the code.)
Only one question left: all the apps I installed onto my phone during the process (root explorer, astro etc.) How do I open them on my phone again in case I ever want to use them?
StoneBoyTony - YOU ARE A LEGEND! This thing worked like a charm on SAMSUNG GALAXY FIT (GT-S5670) in Australia, locked to vodafone. I first tried the code-unlocking website and paid them $6, but got a reply that my phone can not be unloacked.
I bought a pre-paid phone from the local retailer and flashed it to remove the Vodafone custom Rom.