Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Mini (S5570) > Galaxy Mini (S5570) - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:03 AM   #101 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-tass-KANG-signed.zip this is my rom now.. lolx.. i bet cm 7 is the best right?

mijie la is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:53 AM   #102 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

yay cm7 is the best till now.....
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 07:02 AM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I know this would be bugging for you to see....but i still didn't get my market!
Even in the two links you gave...I didn't get the market.
Any help?
dhruvbatra205 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 08:33 AM   #104 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default Try it carefully!! It works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbatra205 View Post
I know this would be bugging for you to see....but i still didn't get my market!
Even in the two links you gave...I didn't get the market.
Any help?
Don't know where you are going wrong. Do this very carefully.
Download APPS_FOR_CM7.10-v072311-signed.zip
Copy the APPS_FOR_CM7.10*.zip to sdcard.
Go to CWM recovery Then perform this steps
Select "Install zip from sdcard">>Select "Choose Zip from sdcard">> Select the zip file you copied and confirm
wait till it finishes go to main menu
Wipe cache partition and reboot your device.
It will ask you to configure the device and google acount )if not previously added)

If you are not getting only the market app then download the market app from:
Get Android.Market.3.0.27.Android.apk on Wupload.com
OR
Download Android.Market.3.0.27.Android.apk for free on Filesonic.com
and install it.
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 08:43 AM   #105 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default Updated latest cm7 at first post!!!

Guys there is good news for cm7 users. Now you can listen you favourite radio staions from within cm7. Download the latest cm7 rom from first post and flash it. Afterwards download Sprint fm from market and listen to your fm radio.

All the best!!!
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM   #106 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

okay...i reinstalled it...and got it bak
two more questions....
1. can i get the normal contact app?
2. how do v change the font?
dhruvbatra205 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM   #107 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbatra205 View Post
okay...i reinstalled it...and got it bak
two more questions....
1. can i get the normal contact app?
2. how do v change the font?
Is the contacts and fonts are changed from Previous one?!
giri189 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:52 PM   #108 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri189 View Post
Is the contacts and fonts are changed from Previous one?!
srry,i didnt understand ur question!
dhruvbatra205 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM   #109 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbatra205 View Post
okay...i reinstalled it...and got it bak
two more questions....
1. can i get the normal contact app?
2. how do v change the font?

1. for the first question, what do you mean by 'normal contact app'? Is it changed from the previous release?

2. Download fontchanger from market and get fonts from [FONTS] 180+ EZ Fonts for Font Changer - xda-developers
giri189 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 04:43 PM   #110 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

why does the developer just put a patch for the radio...
mijie la is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 22nd, 2011, 01:32 AM   #111 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijie la View Post
why does the developer just put a patch for the radio...
Because, he doesn't have a galaxy pop/mini gts5570 smartphone. So, he promised he will be fixing bugs only but not release any new versions/update.
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:58 AM   #112 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri189 View Post
1. for the first question, what do you mean by 'normal contact app'? Is it changed from the previous release?
Yes. I could previously join contacts(phone contacts and facebook friends), which I can not do right now. And when I used to add a facebook account, I had an option to select the ones I wanted to save.
P.S. I am talking about gingerbread.
dhruvbatra205 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 08:27 AM   #113 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbatra205 View Post
Yes. I could previously join contacts(phone contacts and facebook friends), which I can not do right now. And when I used to add a facebook account, I had an option to select the ones I wanted to save.
P.S. I am talking about gingerbread.
You can do that even now....
Go to Menu>Settings>Accounts and Sync
Now add your fb account/any other account and select what you want to sync (remember to turn on sync for that account)
Next time you connect to internet your data (contacts and status) will be synced.
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 10:40 AM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagya View Post
You can do that even now....
Go to Menu>Settings>Accounts and Sync
Now add your fb account/any other account and select what you want to sync (remember to turn on sync for that account)
Next time you connect to internet your data (contacts and status) will be synced.
Umm...it will put in all facebook friends into my contacts. And I can't even join the accounts.
And I can compromise on that.
The next problem i come across, the widgets I add won't load when I reboot my phone.
I want to uninstall ADW launcher. Its slow and is also taking up space.
dhruvbatra205 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 11:14 AM   #115 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

are you sure what are you talking about.. my phone was so smooth and feel like a brand new phone.. and also so nice...
mijie la is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 09:42 PM   #116 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbatra205 View Post
Umm...it will put in all facebook friends into my contacts. And I can't even join the accounts.
And I can compromise on that.
The next problem i come across, the widgets I add won't load when I reboot my phone.
I want to uninstall ADW launcher. Its slow and is also taking up space.
Widgets are working just fine in my phone.... If you don't like ADW launcher, you can always install another one and set it as default... Also you can install it as system app using titanium backup or adb terminal ( this way you might be unistall the old launcher, but not so sure about that so backup your rom before trying anything stupid)
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2011, 05:00 AM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I got go launcher ex.
Its set on default. But I just wanted to remove adw launcher.
Btw, how is it so that an application when on phone memory shows 27.9mb, but wen moved to the sd card, it goes down to some 2mb?
dhruvbatra205 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2011, 08:09 AM   #118 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbatra205 View Post
I got go launcher ex.
Its set on default. But I just wanted to remove adw launcher.
Btw, how is it so that an application when on phone memory shows 27.9mb, but wen moved to the sd card, it goes down to some 2mb?

Its the size of app remaining in internal storage .. The size of the part of app transferred to sd is not shown in manage applications settings

I think it is better if you don't remove adw launcher.. But if you want to remove backup your rom first in CWM recovery
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #119 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

CWM recovery would brick my phone, wouldnt it?
dhruvbatra205 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #120 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbatra205 View Post
CWM recovery would brick my phone, wouldnt it?
Don't you have CWM recovey on your phone...
No, if you follow the procedure as mentioned here Handy Informations: Installing Clock Work Mod Recovery in Samsung Galaxy Pop/Mini GTS5570? clockwork mod recovery works well.... Only rom manager brick your phone ...
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 25th, 2011, 02:39 AM   #121 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I am fed up with CM7 now.
It has lots of bugs...
I am shifting back to gingerbread! :P
dhruvbatra205 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 05:40 AM   #122 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbatra205 View Post
I am fed up with CM7 now.
It has lots of bugs...
I am shifting back to gingerbread! :P
LOL! Stock Gingerbread has more bugs than CM7 and its damn slow :P
giri189 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #123 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbatra205 View Post
I am fed up with CM7 now.
It has lots of bugs...
I am shifting back to gingerbread! :P
Try Andro-id v3.2 its is better than gb or parasmi rom. Its also better than gb.... (But for me there are no bugs ...)
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 04:36 AM   #124 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

i even tried Andro-id....there was nothing different than gb except that it was prerooted.
dhruvbatra205 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 05:23 AM   #125 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

cm7.1 is freaking awesome dude.. u should try and install all the patch.. its was so awesome like a brand new phone.. and also fast... i oc it...
mijie la is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 11:00 AM   #126 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: malaysia
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Mini
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijie la View Post
cm7.1 is freaking awesome dude.. u should try and install all the patch.. its was so awesome like a brand new phone.. and also fast... i oc it...
you use old CM7 right?
apisfires is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 11:31 PM   #127 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

yes i think so because he said he use OC and OC are not available for the latest one... but there is basically no much difference (except radio fix and some patch pre-installed in the latest)... SO, you can use any of them...
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 03:39 AM   #128 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angel Cm7 issues/bugs help

I flashed cm7 in gts5570 mini/pop last midnight and using it found some issues,
1. USB tethering issue: on and off instantly; tried in: XP,W7,W8,UBUNTU with latest divers but all in vain
2. need swype & samsung keyboard possibly original not swype beta
3. Homescreen color bit 256 bit or more lower, is that AWD or CM7 theme
4. how to OR where is task manager
RokStar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #129 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

u guys should use old cm7 and also patch it.,, for me.. the bug is just the radio and not abig deal.. it is awesome but u need to get use of it so u can know what u are doing with your phone.. seriously..
mijie la is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #130 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokStar View Post
I flashed cm7 in gts5570 mini/pop last midnight and using it found some issues,
1. USB tethering issue: on and off instantly; tried in: XP,W7,W8,UBUNTU with latest divers but all in vain
2. need swype & samsung keyboard possibly original not swype beta
3. Homescreen color bit 256 bit or more lower, is that AWD or CM7 theme
4. how to OR where is task manager
Download working swype for gts5570 from this link: SWYPE 2.6.47.11856 QVGA BO v2 by Marurban.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

To manage task use Advance Task Killer App or go to Manage APplications>Running Services and kill services/app manually there.

USB tethering works try using latest app from google projects...
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 28th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #131 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagya View Post
USB tethering works try using latest app from google projects...
Please provide link for the app

Also for aforesaid issue - 4. Homescreen, if any one is facing, please try changing the AWD preference or another AWD theme or other personalisation tool, I replaced AWD with GO launcher Ex and the screen is crystal clear.
RokStar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #132 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokStar View Post
Please provide link for the app

Also for aforesaid issue - 4. Homescreen, if any one is facing, please try changing the AWD preference or another AWD theme or other personalisation tool, I replaced AWD with GO launcher Ex and the screen is crystal clear.
try wired_tether_1_4.apk - android-wired-tether - Wired Tether for Root Users - 1.4 - Wired Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting this link.

Also what do you mean by OR ..
There is no task manger in cm7 (it is said that phone performance will be good if we leave the task of managing app to android) ...
So, you eill have to use third-party programs from market like Advance Task Killer, Advance Task Manager,etc (try searching for task manager in market)
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #133 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagya View Post
try wired_tether_1_4.apk - android-wired-tether - Wired Tether for Root Users - 1.4 - Wired Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting this link.

Also what do you mean by OR ..
There is no task manger in cm7 (it is said that phone performance will be good if we leave the task of managing app to android) ...
So, you eill have to use third-party programs from market like Advance Task Killer, Advance Task Manager,etc (try searching for task manager in market)
First of all, I apologise for my mistake, the aforementioned no. 4, i'm pointing is no. 3

I tried updated gapps, also wired tether but no tethering.
RokStar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #134 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokStar View Post
I tried updated gapps, also wired tether but no tethering.
Thanks man, actually I was using Wired tethering v1.0 through the market,
now its tethering with v1.4 thanks again for yor link- http://code.google.com/p/android-wired-tether/downloads/detail?name=wired_tether_1_4.apk&can=2&q=
RokStar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #135 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Is cm7 really worth it???

I am using a rooted 2.3.4 gingerbread right now with clockworkmode recovery.
Now I am really confused if I want to go to the next step and install cm7. Why is cm7 so much better than gingerbread? Here are the reasons I see for upgrading:
1. It has better looks. But if I install ADW launcher EX on my 2.3.4, won't I be able to get the same good looks? Also with gb, I can remove ADW if I don't like it, since it is not default.
2. SD partitioning and almost all Apps 2 sd are the main reason why I am considering upgrading. Can I just partition my sd card right now without cm7 and install all my apps there since I have clockworkmode?? If so then how??
3. Overclocking... can this really increase my mini's performance? If yes then that would be one of the reasons to upgrade.

From what I've heard, battery is same in both, so no problem with that. Both roms seem to have bugs, but since I am already on gb and am seeing no bug that affects me too much, cm7 seems to be a bit of a risk. Some of the potential threats(market gone, no old keyboard) seem a bit too scary (dont really care that much about radio).
So I am not really sure if cm7 is really worth it...

I guess the biggest cause of dilemma for me is that with each process (install cm7, install new later versions of cm7 with more fixes- like both radio and OC, revert back to gb if cm7 is unsatisfactory), I have to remove all my data (apps, sd card files, contacts, sms) and then start out again, which is really annoying. Maybe I'm missing something???
PraGalaxy713 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:35 PM   #136 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default Good Luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraGalaxy713 View Post
I am using a rooted 2.3.4 gingerbread right now with clockworkmode recovery.
Now I am really confused if I want to go to the next step and install cm7. Why is cm7 so much better than gingerbread? Here are the reasons I see for upgrading:
1. It has better looks. But if I install ADW launcher EX on my 2.3.4, won't I be able to get the same good looks? Also with gb, I can remove ADW if I don't like it, since it is not default.
2. SD partitioning and almost all Apps 2 sd are the main reason why I am considering upgrading. Can I just partition my sd card right now without cm7 and install all my apps there since I have clockworkmode?? If so then how??
3. Overclocking... can this really increase my mini's performance? If yes then that would be one of the reasons to upgrade.

From what I've heard, battery is same in both, so no problem with that. Both roms seem to have bugs, but since I am already on gb and am seeing no bug that affects me too much, cm7 seems to be a bit of a risk. Some of the potential threats(market gone, no old keyboard) seem a bit too scary (dont really care that much about radio).
So I am not really sure if cm7 is really worth it...

I guess the biggest cause of dilemma for me is that with each process (install cm7, install new later versions of cm7 with more fixes- like both radio and OC, revert back to gb if cm7 is unsatisfactory), I have to remove all my data (apps, sd card files, contacts, sms) and then start out again, which is really annoying. Maybe I'm missing something???
Yes, cyanogenmod is really better than gingerbead (not only with UI but also with the performancve and customization it has to offer ).

Gingerbread doesn't support sd-card partitioning and a2sd script but it has it's own script that has the ability ti move App2sd, which support that... (Its a function available from froyo or later ) If you don't want to install cm7 (which is not recommended ) you can exploit gb a2sd capability... Read this for more info Handy Informations: How to Install Applications to SD Card in Your Android Smart Phone?

Yes, overcloking helps to increase performance ( but at the cost of more battery use, that is obvious, cause to do more work more energy is consumed ) It can also run some games like angry bird vary smoothly...

CM7 comes with bug fixes and I have not experienced any bug till now, If you install cm7 you don't have to worry about the data and apps. THe nandroid backup capabilty of CWM Recovery backups everything including your data and apps and settings too, so before updating do a backup and if you don't link the new update (don;t find much changes) you can revert to same original state as before upgarading (though CWM currently doesn't allow backup of stock roms like gb or froyo, but you can backup custom roms...)

And you can use all market(first post of this thread), swype keyboard(find link back few post) and gingerbread keyboard(probaly, not so sure), so that not problem (but you can't use kies ) cm7 has no relation with samsung and doesn't support kies for that you can use ANdroid Wifi Manager from Mobile Action or WOndershare's Mobilego applications...

(hope this answers your queries!!!)
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 12:11 AM   #137 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Please help me.......... I tried to put this cm7 rom (the one with OC) and when i did install zip from sd card and chose the sd card it said some kind of error and now my mobile won't start. It keeps showing the samsung logo for a while and then it restarts. I cannot get it to start. Then restarted in download mode and tried to flash the gb 2.3.4 rom but even after it has said Pass, the problem still persists. I don't know what to do. I am supposing that the gb rom install is succesfull since everything went just like it had gone before when I installed it except that my mobile still won't start. What should I do? Open in recovery mode and erase all data? or install my old froyo rom? Or is there any other way? Please help me.......................
PraGalaxy713 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 12:24 AM   #138 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW......................... I just restarted my phone in recovery mode and erased all data, wiped the cache partition and rebooted. By phone finally started with the gb 2.3.4. Wow.... this is a really bad experience. I am not sure I am ever going to be trying to flash a custom rom again....... But I still don't know where I went wrong. I did everything as instructed but after I chose the zip file, it showed some kind of error (sorry I dont really remember what it was).
And one more thing, since I don't think I will be giving this a go once more in the near future (if not ever), please tell me step by step how I can install all my apps on sd card using my rooted gb 2.3.4. (I am going to root it now)
PraGalaxy713 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 01:55 AM   #139 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraGalaxy713 View Post
PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW......................... I just restarted my phone in recovery mode and erased all data, wiped the cache partition and rebooted. By phone finally started with the gb 2.3.4. Wow.... this is a really bad experience. I am not sure I am ever going to be trying to flash a custom rom again....... But I still don't know where I went wrong. I did everything as instructed but after I chose the zip file, it showed some kind of error (sorry I dont really remember what it was).
And one more thing, since I don't think I will be giving this a go once more in the near future (if not ever), please tell me step by step how I can install all my apps on sd card using my rooted gb 2.3.4. (I am going to root it now)
i think you forget to wipe data and cache after installing zip fie or it might be that your zip was corrupted... But anyway if you don't want to try again, its your choice ( i can understand how you have ferlt, the first time i did i was very afraid, the second time i did it, it took me 5-10 minutes for first boot (i think you weren't patient enough for the rom to boot))
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 02:17 AM   #140 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

If you want to do install app 2 sd you can do by following ways:
1 Using command line:
use terminal emulator, shell commander, adb or similar command line tool the type these commands (one after other)
su

pm setInstallLocation 2

(it will set install location to extgernal storage, if you want to use system setting replace 2 with 0)

2 Use third party app from market
U can use apps like Gemini App Manger (free), Install Manager Pro, APps2sd Pro, etc application and copy each app you want to move to sd manually. Install Manger Pro is good (you can set default install location from here, or choose install location at the time of installing application manually)

This article might be helpful for you since you are rooting your phone... Handy Informations: Top Ten Android Applications for Rooted Smart Phones
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 1st, 2011, 12:19 AM   #141 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagya View Post
If you want to do install app 2 sd you can do by following ways:
1 Using command line:
use terminal emulator, shell commander, adb or similar command line tool the type these commands (one after other)
su

pm setInstallLocation 2

(it will set install location to extgernal storage, if you want to use system setting replace 2 with 0)

2 Use third party app from market
U can use apps like Gemini App Manger (free), Install Manager Pro, APps2sd Pro, etc application and copy each app you want to move to sd manually. Install Manger Pro is good (you can set default install location from here, or choose install location at the time of installing application manually)

This article might be helpful for you since you are rooting your phone... Handy Informations: Top Ten Android Applications for Rooted Smart Phones


Ok thank you, I am gonna go with Install manager pro... May be some day I will give cyanogen a try again.....
PraGalaxy713 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2011, 11:11 AM   #142 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 148
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Mini GT- S5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 55 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Guys check this out : [DEV] [Samsung GT-S5570] [ROM & Kernel] Unofficial CM7.1.0 (Android 2.3.7) - xda-developers . On the first page there is a new CM7 it has FM a new lock screen and without mic bug. It's super cool without OC but it's pretty fast and awesome so go download it
Netas3k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2011, 03:37 PM   #143 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default New CM7 available and is working!!!

Updated to new CM7, gingerbread 2.3.7 and the phone is working fast and running smoothly.. THough you might not see much changes in UI... there's a lot of performance boost and bug fixes including mic bug, wifi error, audio-video bug and others.

Please see the First Post of this thread for more info.

You can also read this article for upgrading to latest Cyanogenmod 2.3.7 rom:
http://yagyagaire.blogspot.com/2011/10/upgrade-to-latest-cyanogenmodgingerbrea.html
yagya is offline  
Last edited by yagya; October 3rd, 2011 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Resources included
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 05:20 PM   #144 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

its totally brick my phone?now i havnt any solution it cant go back ......i recomend to all user do not try this.......
munshi8181 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 06:55 PM   #145 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by munshi8181 View Post
its totally brick my phone?now i havnt any solution it cant go back ......i recomend to all user do not try this.......
What are you talking huh?? It works flawlessly, i have latest cm7 in my phone.....
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #146 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Tried Cm7 and was totally dissapointed. the phone was slower! and my apps were buggy. gingerbread stock with adw launcher ex is faster!
Kaiohshin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #147 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hi i am new at this, can any one send me the exact step by step procedure to flash my s5570 with cyanogenmod. coz last time when i did , it never booted up.....i will be very gratefull if i get step by step procedure and i will be doin it this saturday..thanks
kalyan@s5570 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #148 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hi i am new at this, can any one send me the exact step by step procedure to flash my s5570 with cyanogenmod. coz last time when i did , it never booted up.....i will be very gratefull if i get step by step procedure and i will be doin it this saturday..thanks
kalyan@s5570 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #149 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hello all,please share your feedbacks regarding the battery life on cyanogenmod 7 on s5570. will it have increased battery life..?
kalyan@s5570 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #150 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nepal
Posts: 481
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy Mini/Pop GTS5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to yagya
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan@s5570 View Post
hello all,please share your feedbacks regarding the battery life on cyanogenmod 7 on s5570. will it have increased battery life..?
Please see the first post... It has got details on how to flash cm7. Or you can use the help of this article to: Handy Informations: Flashing Cyanogen Mod 7.1.0 in Samsung Galaxy Pop/Mini GTS5570.

Also battery and everything is good... try flashing it and see for yourself...
yagya is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yagya For This Useful Post:
kalyan@s5570 (October 7th, 2011)
Reply
Tags
custom rom, cyanogen mod 7, galaxy pop/mini, gts5570


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Mini (S5570) > Galaxy Mini (S5570) - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/galaxy-mini-s5570-all-things-root/412415-rom-cyanogenmod-7-1-0-samsung-galaxy-pop-mini-gts5570.html
Posted By For Type Date
Cara Ganti BOOT ANIMATION Galaxy Mini This thread Refback April 19th, 2012 03:07 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.