Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Mini (S5570) > Galaxy Mini (S5570) - All Things Root

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

View Poll Results: Did you root your phone successfully with this method?
Yes 4 57.14%
No 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StoneBoyTony

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 2nd, 2012, 06:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Thumbs up Samsung Universal Gingerbread Root & Unroot 2.3.3 -> 2.3.7+


UNIVERSAL GINGERBREADROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY MODELS: GT-S5570, GT-S5570B, GT-S5570I, GT-S5570L, GT-S5571, GT-S5578 (Chinese-Mini), GT-S5660, GT-S5660M, GT-S5660L, GT-S5660V, SHW-M290K (Korean-Gio), GT-S5670, GT-S5670B, GT-S5670L, GT-S5830, GT-S5830B, GT-S5830C, GT-S5830D, GT-S5830F(La Fleur), GT-S5830G, GT-S5830i, GT-S5830L, GT-S5820, GT-S5830M, GT-S5830T, GT-S5830V, GT-S5830Z, GT-S5838(Chinese-Ace), GT-S5839i, GT-S6800(Africa-Ace Advance), GT-S6802, GT-S6802B, GT-S6802L (new), GT-B5330, GT-B7510, GT-B7510B, GT-B7510L, GT-B7800, GT-B5510, GT-B5510B, GT-B5510L, GT-B5512, GT-B5512B, GT-S6102, GT-S6102B, GT-S5300, GT-S5300B, GT-S5300L (new), GT-S5302, GT-S5302B (new), GT-S5302L (new), GT-S5360, GT-S5360B, GT-S5360L, GT-S5360T, GT-S5363, GT-S5367 (new), GT-S5368 (new), GT-S5369, GT-S5690, GT-S5690i, GT-S5690L, GT-S5690M, GT-S5690R, GT-I8150, GT-I8150B, GT-I5510, GT-I5510B, GT-I5510L, GT-I5510M, GT-I5510T, SCH-i110 (new), SCH-i509, SCH-i559, SCH-i589(Ace Duos -Chinese/India), SGH-T499, SGH-T499Y, SGH-T499V, SGH-T499W, SGH-T589, SGH-T589R, SGH-T589W, SGH-I837, SGH-I857.

The thread expand in a very big size and can't be posted here but I made a PDF file so you can download it from here or you can visit me on the next link.
NEW UPDATE ON: stoneboytony.blogspot.com

Universal Gingerbread Root & Unroot 2.3.3 -> 2.3.7+

-------------------------------------------
√ Do not add mirror in my releases!
√ Support the developers!


Download The Leatest Tutorial:
Universal Gingerbread Root & Unroot 2.3.3 -> 2.3.7+.pdf

Regards
StoneBoyTony
soeren1987 likes this.

StoneBoyTony is offline  
Last edited by StoneBoyTony; July 16th, 2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Updated Root and Unroot SuperSu v1.41, c.c.b.s.f_v10, All my zip files signed with new release key for better compatibility
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StoneBoyTony For This Useful Post:
AwAdViCtOrY (June 18th, 2012), beerwolf (January 29th, 2013), herry165 (January 23rd, 2013), JustFB (June 13th, 2012), uksrevivor (October 25th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old February 10th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

is this fully tested?
examiner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by examiner View Post
is this fully tested?
Rooting Samsung GIO on Ginderbread 2.3.4 ?

I have released from last year now is updated for more phones and Superuser version complete.
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Last edited by StoneBoyTony; February 11th, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

im using 2.3.6 with the baseband version of s5570XWKT2 and buildnumber of JVKT1?is that compatible..sorry for noob question
examiner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

and help me find apps that is good for rooted phones?thanks StoneBoyTony
examiner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

busybox are missing after i root my phone...do i need to install it manually..and can u pls give me give me the apk for busybox..thanks
examiner is offline  
Last edited by examiner; February 10th, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by examiner View Post
busybox are missing after i root my phone...do i need to install it manually..and can u pls give me give me the apk for busybox..thanks
Busybox is binary is not a program apk...the apk program just will confirm witch binary version you have on your phone. Busybox is additional handy LINUX / UNIX based commands that runs thru ADB Shell and some programs are depending from this binary so they can functioning properly. And it doesn't matter witch baseband version of phone you have, as long is Gingerbread you don't have to worry about.

Programs that are worth to have root on your phone. Example:

- TitaniumBackupPro
- ROM Manager
- Market Unlocker Pro
- SD Speed Increase Premium
- Root Explorer
- System Tuner Pro
- SD maid Pro
- Root Call Blocker
- Voltage Control Extreme
- ROM Toolbox
- Tasker
- Wirless Thether for Root Users
- Terminal Emulator
- Droiwall - Android Firewall
- Button Savior
- Virtual Button Bar
- Set CPU for root users
- Boot Manager Pro (not for samsung Galaxy mini)
- Sixaxis Controller
- ******* Recovery Pro
- LBE Privacy Guard
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Last edited by OfTheDamned; May 7th, 2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Added more info
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StoneBoyTony For This Useful Post:
examiner (February 11th, 2012)
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneBoyTony View Post
Busybox is binary is not a program apk...the apk program just will confirm witch binary version you have on your phone. Busybox is additional handy LINUX / UNIX based commands that runs thru ADB Shell and some programs are depending from this binary so they can functioning properly. And it doesn't matter witch baseband version of phone you have, as long is Gingerbread you don't have to worry about.

Programs that are worth to have root on your phone. Example:

- TitaniumBackupPro
- ROM Manager
- Market Unlocker Pro
- SD Speed Increase Premium
- Root Explorer
- System Tuner Pro
- SD maid Pro
- Root Call Blocker
- Voltage Control Extreme
- ROM Toolbox
- Tasker
- Wirless Thether for Root Users
- Terminal Emulator
- Droiwall - Android Firewall
- Button Savior
- Virtual Button Bar
- Set CPU for root users
- Boot Manager Pro
- Sixaxis Controller
- ******* Recovery Pro
- LBE Privacy Guard
bro..how do you use voltage control extreme?+karma for you..can i use this all apps if im on stock rom rooted?can you pls show me some tutorial for galaxy mini in this apps.Set CPU for root users,Voltage Control Extreme Boot Manager Pro..thank you so much..first time to root my phones...im a newbie..i want to learn something..
examiner is offline  
Last edited by OfTheDamned; May 7th, 2012 at 02:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by examiner View Post
bro..how do you use voltage control extreme?+karma for you..can i use this all apps if im on stock rom rooted?can you pls show me some tutorial for galaxy mini in this apps.Set CPU for root users,Voltage Control Extreme Boot Manager Pro..thank you so much..first time to root my phones...im a newbie..i want to learn something..
examiner i really don't have the time to explain everything this is a new chapter for you i know and you are so exited is not something you can learn in one day is not the place and time here. You can google search here or XDA forums or any other forum for that answer. My point was to show you the way the rest is yours. And yes they are all working on stock rom.
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

after i rooted my phone...it becomes laggy and restart itself...so i have to unroot my phone....no luck for me this time for rooting...any idea?
examiner is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 15th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by examiner View Post
after i rooted my phone...it becomes laggy and restart itself...so i have to unroot my phone....no luck for me this time for rooting...any idea?
When I upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Mini from froyo to Gingerbread I have never have any problems with the rooting or any kind of restarting couse I only use Stock Rom never custom so in that case I never ever really used ROM Maneger couse I know it is bricking the phone 50/50 chance by putting CyanogenMod . I was on S5570XWKQG Gingerbread UK 2.3.4 rooted the same file as it is now and no problems then I upgraded after 1 month to S5570XWKT7 Gingerbread CRG 2.3.6 and again rooted with the same package and no problems. You must be doing something wrong with some application or your firmware is custom and something is not compatible or is some unique rom that is only available from your mobile provider. Beside that I can't help you the rest is what you have done.
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Last edited by StoneBoyTony; February 15th, 2012 at 04:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneBoyTony View Post
When I upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Mini from froyo to Gingerbread I have never have any problems with the rooting or any kind of restarting couse I only use Stock Rom never custom so in that case I never ever really used ROM Maneger couse I know it is bricking the phone 50/50 chance by putting CyanogenMod . I was on S5570XWKQG Gingerbread UK 2.3.4 rooted the same file as it is now and no problems then I upgraded after 1 month to S5570XWKT7 Gingerbread CRG 2.3.6 and again rooted with the same package and problems. You must be doing something wrong with some application or your firmware is custom and something is not compatible or is some unique rom that is only available from your mobile provider. Beside that I can't help you the rest is what you have done.
whats the new features in this CRG 2.3.6..i only use stock rom..sine i begin to use android phone....when the restart happens and the memory card scanning..i only use the sd speed increase and the keyboard manager and of course the droidwall..thats the only application i use after rooting my device..and when i unroot...back to normal again..i only use application that are compatible with my phone..my apps is only medical apps,some for editing like officesuit,quickoffice,roadsync and some gallery apps and DR web...
examiner is offline  
Last edited by examiner; February 15th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by examiner View Post
whats the new features in this CRG 2.3.6..i only use stock rom..sine i begin to use android phone....when the restart happens and the memory card scanning..i only use the sd speed increase and the keyboard manager and of course the droidwall..thats the only application i use after rooting my device..and when i unroot...back to normal again..i only use application that are compatible with my phone..my apps is only medical apps,some for editing like officesuit,quickoffice,roadsync and some gallery apps and DR web...
Well in S5570XWKT7 Gingerbread CRG 2.3.6 There are alot of improvments firs thing is that i have noticed is in the fast reaction of the touch screen, battery is now more stable it doesn't drain like v2.3.5 stable wifi, GPS, applications running smothly is best version untill now. From Froyo to Gingerbread 2.3.6 is like jumping from Suzuki Swift to Mercedes

And another thing about Unrooting. When you unroot with the zip file always must press on"wipe cache patition", "wipe data/factory reset... select Yes--delete all user--" and the best thing is before you reboot remove the SD card and press reboot now see if it makes any diference.
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Last edited by StoneBoyTony; February 15th, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneBoyTony View Post
Well in S5570XWKT7 Gingerbread CRG 2.3.6 There are alot of improvments firs thing is that i have noticed is in the fast reaction of the touch screen, battery is now more stable it doesn't drain like v2.3.5 stable wifi, GPS, applications running smothly is best version untill now. From Froyo to Gingerbread 2.3.6 is like jumping from Suzuki Swift to Mercedes

And another thing about Unrooting. When you unroot with the zip file always must press on"wipe cache patition", "wipe data/factory reset... select Yes--delete all user--" and the best thing is before you reboot remove the SD card and press reboot now see if it makes any diference.
ok thanks..can you show me some screen shots where to put the files in odin after i unzip the file...i umzip it and its a tar file...one package
examiner is offline  
Last edited by examiner; February 15th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by examiner View Post
ok thanks..can you show me some screen shots where to put the files in odin after i unzip the file...i umzip it and its a tar file...one package
REMEBER THIS IS FOR EUROPEAN CARRIERS PHONES ONLY

1. First thing unroot the phone like I told you in the Previous post
2. Remove SIM Card and SD card and put your phone in download mode (remeber battery must be charged at least 70%)
3. Follow the picture it will explain all and it does not matter where you will put the S5570XWKT7_S5570XWKT3_S5570CRGKT1_HOME.tar.md5 on your hard drive is about when you browse with Odin to find it where did you put it.
4. Fallow the steps from the picture and all is done

StoneBoyTony is offline  
Last edited by StoneBoyTony; February 15th, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

do you have any means or ways were i can increase the internal storage or move the apps to sd card?..whats the use of busybox application?..and how can i change the samsung animation in start up...
examiner is offline  
Last edited by examiner; February 18th, 2012 at 01:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey, i have a problem rooting my Gingerbread 2.3.5, when i update from the SD card i get this:
E: Error in /tmp/sideload package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks
alexxxandrittt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxandrittt View Post
Hey, i have a problem rooting my Gingerbread 2.3.5, when i update from the SD card i get this:
E: Error in /tmp/sideload package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

1. Enable Unknown sources
2. The zip file put it in already created folder on your SD card "Applications"
3. Execute the zip file from that folder
4. You must have Stock Rom to get this work with the rooting
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Last edited by StoneBoyTony; February 19th, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StoneBoyTony For This Useful Post:
alexxxandrittt (February 19th, 2012)
Old February 19th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneBoyTony View Post
1. Enable Unknown sources
2. The zip file put it in already created folder on your SD card "Applications"
3. Execute the zip file from that folder
4. You must have Stock Rom to get this work with the rooting
Thanks for the quick answer, i have already tried the first 3 steps, with the 4th i have one question, where do i get the Stock Rom? Isn't it dangerous for the phone?
alexxxandrittt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxandrittt View Post
Thanks for the quick answer, i have already tried the first 3 steps, with the 4th i have one question, where do i get the Stock Rom? Isn't it dangerous for the phone?
Stock ROM is as you buy it from the mobile provider. Other Stock ROM can be found here: http://droidangel.blogspot.com/2011/05/samsung-galaxy-mini-s5570-original.html Tell me are you using the default 2GB SD card? If you are using more than 2GB can be a problem so try tu put the 2GB SD card and rename the file to update.zip and see if it will work.
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Last edited by StoneBoyTony; February 20th, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the original ROM and the original 2GB SD.
Still does not work.
Anything else?
alexxxandrittt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

whats this new firmware from poland...it has a new lockscreen..its XWKTH s5570 2.3.6..its csc is XEO=Polish open...
examiner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxandrittt View Post
I have the original ROM and the original 2GB SD.
Still does not work.
Anything else?
Try the new update zip now plenty models included

Quote:
Originally Posted by examiner View Post
whats this new firmware from poland...it has a new lockscreen..its XWKTH s5570 2.3.6..its csc is XEO=Polish open...
I have no idea I'm fine with the Croatian version 2.3.6 I don't need anything else now or in the near future since is the most stable version for me.
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Last edited by StoneBoyTony; March 20th, 2012 at 03:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

My network: 3
Country: uk

PDA: S5570XWKQG
PHONE: S5570NEKQ3
CSC:S5570H3GKQ4

Kernel version
2.6.35.7-perf - CL561937
root@DELL145#1

Build number
GINGERBREAD.XWKQG

Hi

I have run the universal unlocker on my galaxy mini with the above details. It ran as the instructins sid it would and I got an icon for SU on my phone. I want to change from the network to Orange and put in a payasyougo sim from orange, switched the phone on and was presented with a screen which said network locked then has a box titled

" Enter Network Lock Control Key"
and 2 buttons underneath labelled unlock and dismiss.

How do I get the phone unlocked - I thought rooting it automatically unlocked it? Please help.
tabath is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabath View Post
My network: 3
Country: uk

PDA: S5570XWKQG
PHONE: S5570NEKQ3
CSC:S5570H3GKQ4

Kernel version
2.6.35.7-perf - CL561937
root@DELL145#1

Build number
GINGERBREAD.XWKQG

Hi

I have run the universal unlocker on my galaxy mini with the above details. It ran as the instructins sid it would and I got an icon for SU on my phone. I want to change from the network to Orange and put in a payasyougo sim from orange, switched the phone on and was presented with a screen which said network locked then has a box titled

" Enter Network Lock Control Key"
and 2 buttons underneath labelled unlock and dismiss.

How do I get the phone unlocked - I thought rooting it automatically unlocked it? Please help.
"universal unlocker" you must be in the wrong section rooting is not equal to unlock you network . To unlock your network go here but read everything carefully and then decide http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-mini-s5570/400014-tutorial-unlock-sim-network-samsung-galaxy-mini-s5570-ace-s5830-gio-s5660-pop-i559-fit-s5670.html
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): S5570
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

does this still work?

i rooted from froyo. then flashed to gb2.3.4. do i have to reset factory settings? i tried it but doesn't work
desertdragon21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon21 View Post
does this still work?

i rooted from froyo. then flashed to gb2.3.4. do i have to reset factory settings? i tried it but doesn't work
If you want to root Froyo then use Superoneclick

If is Gingerbread you flash with the zip file. You don't need factory reset when rooting to Gingerbread. Remeber is designed to work on Stock ROM's only in recovery. CWM Recovery is not supported to flash the zip file.
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Redownload v14. now is fixed, problem was I forgot to put the Unix format on the script
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 04:08 AM   #29 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello there!
I'm new to this community and to Android in specific. I got my Mini s5570B a few weeks ago, and I've read almost everything about android versions, roots and ROMs. Everything I could find, at least.
I never rooted before. Just want to make sure I do it right, cause I've read a few guides online and saw a few youtubes, in all of them the rooting used those programs (oneclick, keis and more) to root. This way seems too simple.
I'm using GT-5570B, GB 2.3.4 build GINGERBREAD.JJKQ5.
All I need to do to is just to download the zip, put it in my SD card's outside of any programs and restart to recovery? That simple?
Thanks for a (hopefully) fast and helpful answer,
Egozy.

Edit, more questions:
1) Do I need to download ANYTHING else before rooting? I've seen in some other places that there is an extra download for google applications which are pretty much a must (market)
2) A bit offtopic but I'm too confused with all those ROMs. I'm interested in CM7 since I understand it's the most lightweight (Fast) and efficient (battery life) ROM out there, but I see so many versions. 7.1, 7.2 and many many modifications of those. Can anybody recommend the simplest (fastest, no extra stuff) rom?
Egozy is offline  
Last edited by Egozy; April 17th, 2012 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Additional questions ;o
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #30 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I flashed Gingerbread 2.3.6 into my Galaxy Mini, but now I am unable to root it. The above procedure doesn't work. When I do it in CWM, it performs some actions, but suddenly comes to a halt with some message, "installation aborted (status 7)...". What possibly could be the problem? Someone, help. :|
shafaatmosvi is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #31 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafaatmosvi View Post
I flashed Gingerbread 2.3.6 into my Galaxy Mini, but now I am unable to root it. The above procedure doesn't work. When I do it in CWM, it performs some actions, but suddenly comes to a halt with some message, "installation aborted (status 7)...". What possibly could be the problem? Someone, help. :|
He wrote on the first post
"Important: Root and Unroot method is designed to work in recovery mode on Stock ROM's. CWM Recovery is not supported!"
I assume this is why it doesn't work :\
Egozy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #32 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egozy View Post
He wrote on the first post
"Important: Root and Unroot method is designed to work in recovery mode on Stock ROM's. CWM Recovery is not supported!"
I assume this is why it doesn't work :\
Errrrmmm... Shall I reflash the stock one back again, then?
shafaatmosvi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:08 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafaatmosvi View Post
Errrrmmm... Shall I reflash the stock one back again, then?
I think the post in the tutorial is already telling you that, so you know now what you should do.
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:48 AM   #34 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Thumbs up

Now updated root method with SuperSU better performance...cheers
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #35 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Model Number : GT-S6500D
Android : 2.3.6
Baseband : S6500DDXLC5
Kernel : 2.6.38.6 dpi@DELL158#1
Build : GINGERBREAD.DXLC5

can i root with universal root???
Derbran is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 05:27 AM   #36 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

dude i have an android phone 2.3.4 qmobile A5 i tried it to root it bu your universal gingerbread method but got signature verification failed please help
nomanrafiq94 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 09:56 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomanrafiq94 View Post
dude i have an android phone 2.3.4 qmobile A5 i tried it to root it bu your universal gingerbread method but got signature verification failed please help
Why you question something that is already answared in the thread?
StoneBoyTony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #38 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Finally Finally- I have control of my phone :-) Thank you so much StoneBoyTony :-)
luckyme2312 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
root gt-s5570


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Mini (S5570) > Galaxy Mini (S5570) - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/galaxy-mini-s5570-all-things-root/493793-samsung-universal-gingerbread-root-unroot-2-3-3-2-3-7-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
Untitled document This thread Refback May 8th, 2012 12:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.