Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Mini (S5570) > Galaxy Mini (S5570) - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 11th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5570 Mini
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Root Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 2.3.5 (need help)

I have had my Galaxy Mini for 2 months now, and have been trying to root for one. I have tried superoneclick, the 7-zip download and many others including a guide that almost worked from this thread [Guide] Root for Official 2.3.5 With Guide .
No matter what I do there is always a problem and I don't know what to do. When I bought my phone it was already 2.3.5 so I havent upgraded before with kies or any other way. I would really appreciate some help from someone that may have been in my position. Thanks, Chaos1577

Chaos1577 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos1577 View Post
I have had my Galaxy Mini for 2 months now, and have been trying to root for one. I have tried superoneclick, the 7-zip download and many others including a guide that almost worked from this thread [Guide] Root for Official 2.3.5 With Guide .
No matter what I do there is always a problem and I don't know what to do. When I bought my phone it was already 2.3.5 so I havent upgraded before with kies or any other way. I would really appreciate some help from someone that may have been in my position. Thanks, Chaos1577
Follow this steps exacly as it described read carefully everything and reply what you have done. Here is the link: http://androidforums.com/galaxy-mini-s5570-all-things-root/493793-universal-gingerbread-root-unroot-2-3-3-2-3-7-a.html
StoneBoyTony is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StoneBoyTony For This Useful Post:
Chaos1577 (February 11th, 2012)
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5570 Mini
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks so much StoneBoyTony! im in your debt. do you have any suggestions for some root apps i could download?
Chaos1577 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos1577 View Post
Thanks so much StoneBoyTony! im in your debt. do you have any suggestions for some root apps i could download?
You have the links there just click on the text and they will redirect you on android market.
StoneBoyTony is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5570 Mini
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

StoneBoyTony i have a problem... I downloaded Rom Manager and downloaded the cyanogenmod but my phone just powered off and i cant turn it back on... do you have any idea what i should do?
Chaos1577 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos1577 View Post
StoneBoyTony i have a problem... I downloaded Rom Manager and downloaded the cyanogenmod but my phone just powered off and i cant turn it back on... do you have any idea what i should do?
I don't have expiriance with custom roms or something like that couse i don't trust them is 50/50 chance to brick the phone with them i only use stock rom on my rooted phone and applications that i need and nothing else.
StoneBoyTony is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5570 Mini
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneBoyTony View Post
I don't have expiriance with custom roms or something like that couse i don't trust them is 50/50 chance to brick the phone with them i only use stock rom on my rooted phone and applications that i need and nothing else.
should I bring it to a phone store or make a new thread?
Chaos1577 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos1577 View Post
should I bring it to a phone store or make a new thread?
Is it bricked? And if it is tell if you can enter recovery mode only. Try this
remove SIM, SD card and battery. Hold the buttons pressed for recovery mode in mid time enter the battery and if is possible to get the recovery mode. If you get into the recovery mode. Wipe cache partition and wipe data and reboot your phone but untill rebooting hold the buttons for download mode Home button + Power Button + Volume down and try to flash with stock rom via odin.

from wich country you are?
StoneBoyTony is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5570 Mini
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneBoyTony View Post
Is it bricked? And if it is tell if you can enter recovery mode only. Try this
remove SIM, SD card and battery. Hold the buttons pressed for recovery mode in mid time enter the battery and if is possible to get the recovery mode. If you get into the recovery mode. Wipe cache partition and wipe data and reboot your phone but untill rebooting hold the buttons for download mode Home button + Power Button + Volume down and try to flash with stock rom via odin.

from wich country you are?
I am from Ireland. No, i cant turn my phone on in any way, not even recovery mode
Chaos1577 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos1577 View Post
I am from Ireland. No, i cant turn my phone on in any way, not even recovery mode
Ok. Try only this take out SD,SIM CARD and Battery. Hold the three buttons like in the picture and enter the battery and don't let them go untill you see and the triangle logo.

StoneBoyTony is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 11th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5570 Mini
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

no, it doesnt seem to work either... thanks for all your help though
Chaos1577 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos1577 View Post
no, it doesnt seem to work either... thanks for all your help though
I'm realy sorry what happend. You started good but ended badly. Maybe you jump too early in conclusions to install custom rom. Time is needed to search how the apps work and the rest of it. But worst things in life can hapend, I say only health in life is important and the rest things will pass. I sugest you take it back in service. Format your SD card thru the SD micro adapter on your PC in (FAT) put it back. Tell them in service when you wake up in the morning that you diconnected from the charger and it wont started up. That trick will do and in 7 days it will be replaced with new motherboard or new phone. That's it good luck
StoneBoyTony is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StoneBoyTony For This Useful Post:
Chaos1577 (February 12th, 2012)
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5570 Mini
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneBoyTony View Post
I'm realy sorry what happend. You started good but ended badly. Maybe you jump too early in conclusions to install custom rom. Time is needed to search how the apps work and the rest of it. But worst things in life can hapend, I say only health in life is important and the rest things will pass. I sugest you take it back in service. Format your SD card thru the SD micro adapter on your PC in (FAT) put it back. Tell them in service when you wake up in the morning that you diconnected from the charger and it wont started up. That trick will do and in 7 days it will be replaced with new motherboard or new phone. That's it good luck
Thanks StoneBoyTony, ill definitely try that. do you think that the service will believe that is what happened? and that i didnt root the phone?
Chaos1577 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
StoneBoyTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macedonia - Skopje
Gender: Male
Posts: 239
 
Device(s): GT-S5570 Android version 2.3.6 Baseband version S5570XWKT4 Kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf-CL928291
Carrier: One

Thanks: 7
Thanked 126 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via MSN to StoneBoyTony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos1577 View Post
Thanks StoneBoyTony, ill definitely try that. do you think that the service will believe that is what happened? and that i didnt root the phone?
I'm telling you from my expiriance I have already bricked mine when I was trying to unlock my phone with some very old methods and for that I needed to root my phone. So the Samsung Service they realy don't get involve in investigation of what hapend they only plug the phone to other machine just to check the voltage if it is a hardware failure (like droped the phone in water or burn the motherboard with overall voltage) but in this case is the boot loader has been dameged (software) that is situated in one memory chip but samsung as company they they don't get involve in to that only private mobile service can repair that with JTAG. Mobile providers services they only repair it in 2 ways ...they replace the motherboard complete or new phone from the box. That mean that even if they repair the bootloader they must do complete flash of the firmware and they don't have any evidance that the phone was already rooted. So you don't have to worry about that just tell the story as it is and in 7 days will meet again here.
StoneBoyTony is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StoneBoyTony For This Useful Post:
Chaos1577 (February 12th, 2012)
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5570 Mini
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneBoyTony View Post
I'm telling you from my expiriance I have already bricked mine when I was trying to unlock my phone with some very old methods and for that I needed to root my phone. So the Samsung Service they realy don't get involve in investigation of what hapend they only plug the phone to other machine just to check the voltage if it is a hardware failure (like droped the phone in water or burn the motherboard with overall voltage) but in this case is the boot loader has been dameged (software) that is situated in one memory chip but samsung as company they they don't get involve in to that only private mobile service can repair that with JTAG. Mobile providers services they only repair it in 2 ways ...they replace the motherboard complete or new phone from the box. That mean that even if they repair the bootloader they must do complete flash of the firmware and they don't have any evidance that the phone was already rooted. So you don't have to worry about that just tell the story as it is and in 7 days will meet again here.
ok i will try that and see how it goes. thanks and talk to you in a week
Chaos1577 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos1577 View Post
StoneBoyTony i have a problem... I downloaded Rom Manager and downloaded the cyanogenmod but my phone just powered off and i cant turn it back on... do you have any idea what i should do?
U shouldnt have downloaded it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROM MANAGER IS SHIT ! ITS LIKE A RUBBISH WHICH BRICK UR PHONE. **** THE DEVELPOER OF ROM MANAGER
yongyao is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
budisusanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

minta triknya donk
budisusanto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 58
 
Device(s): Samsung GT-S5570 (mini)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongyao View Post
U shouldnt have downloaded it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROM MANAGER IS SHIT ! ITS LIKE A RUBBISH WHICH BRICK UR PHONE. **** THE DEVELPOER OF ROM MANAGER
I think I've read somewhere that the ROM manager is not compatable with S5570 (mini)
galmin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
2.3.5, galaxy mini, how to, root


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Mini (S5570) > Galaxy Mini (S5570) - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/galaxy-mini-s5570-all-things-root/498539-root-samsung-galaxy-mini-s5570-2-3-5-need-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
IT World This thread Refback April 22nd, 2012 05:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.