this is for all who have trouble connecting the Prevail to Windows 8 ( 32-bit & 64-bit )
Here is what you do WITHOUT YOUR PHONE CONNECTED TO USB :
1. Download the 32-bit or 64-bit drivers from the link below :
32-bit : http://db.tt/eGN4acLK
64-bit : http://db.tt/IlIkQ4BV
2. Extract the .zip file to a folder of your choice
3. Go to this folder, right-click on the .exe file and choose "Properties"
4. Click on the compatibility tab and check "Run this program in compatibility mode for : and choose "Windows 7" ( all other options unchecked ), click OK
5. Again right-click on the .exe file and select "Run as Administrator"
6. Let the drivers install
7. Plug in your Prevail and you are ready to go.
8. Turn on USB on the phone to access your SD-Card
If you want to ODIN ( which works as well, all tested ), boot your phone into download mode !!!
Hope this helps everyone !!