Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) > Galaxy S2 (International) - All Things Root

Like Tree8Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 5th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #51 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oxford
Posts: 65
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 Samsung Galaxy S2 iPad 3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozins17 View Post
Having endless problems with V5.1, loads of FC's same as V5.0.
Anyone know or have any other links for V4.1 as been trying all morning but stupid upload website wont let me download

PM'd you.

Andy doesn't want other people to publicly host his ROMs

Advertisements
suparuss is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suparuss For This Useful Post:
cozins17 (February 5th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
Sword Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 329
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 White 16g Galaxy S3 SCH-i747M Blue 16g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 41 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozins17 View Post
Having endless problems with V5.1, loads of FC's same as V5.0.
Anyone know or have any other links for V4.1 as been trying all morning but stupid upload website wont let me download
Did you restore system data? If yes, that is why you are getting so many fc's. You should only be restoring apps and their data.
Sword Fish is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Sword Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 329
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 White 16g Galaxy S3 SCH-i747M Blue 16g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 41 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suparuss View Post
I just downgraded back to AndyX 4.1
5.1 had too many issues - blank screen on call, lots of FCs, titanium backup issues, kept resetting.
4.1 only has problems with GPS
I have never gotten TI Backup to work on any ICS builds. I use CWM Backup now as it works better with ICS
Sword Fish is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dorset, UK
Posts: 249
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword Fish View Post
Did you restore system data? If yes, that is why you are getting so many fc's. You should only be restoring apps and their data.
I didn't restore system data, only app and app data.
Each time I changed from whether 4.1, 5.0 or 5.1 I couldn't successfully complete titanium restore. Had to restore bit by bit and, if lucky, after a few crashes and f.c's would restore.

Restored via my backup which worked much better.

Would cwm be better for backups/restoring?? Never used it for that.
cozins17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #55 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 44
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Unless I'm mistaken, CWM backup would make a backup of your entire ROM and settings and data and such. So if you restored from there after upgrading, you'd effectively be reverting to your previous ROM rather than restoring just your apps.
Kuragari is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #56 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Alright I finally got v5.1 installed last night.

Verdict:

So far it's been very stable! I had one issue with Titanium where it wouldn't restore a particular app, so I unticked that app and restored the rest just fine. I hope everyone did a fullwipe before installing v5.1, it's very much recommended. I restored all my sms' perfect as well. Not sure where all these issues are coming from.

The issue with restoring one app at a time sounds like you haven't installed the licence key from the market. I'm not sure where you guys are finding FCs but I haven't come across anything just yet (I'll keep updating the first post though).

In summary, I'm sticking with v5.1 for now. The battery seems a lot better than v4.1 and it's overall more stable. Also, there's a few new nifty ICS features in LPB like swiping contacts to call/message

Edit: I've also updated the OP with new info and pictures for v5.1!
__________________
SGS4: Omega v29 build UFNDG Android v4.4.2
Kie is offline  
Last edited by Kie; February 5th, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kie For This Useful Post:
Twinn (February 6th, 2012)
Old February 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dorset, UK
Posts: 249
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kie View Post
Alright I finally got v5.1 installed last night.

Verdict:

So far it's been very stable! I had one issue with Titanium where it wouldn't restore a particular app, so I unticked that app and restored the rest just fine. I hope everyone did a fullwipe before installing v5.1, it's very much recommended. I restored all my sms' perfect as well. Not sure where all these issues are coming from.

The issue with restoring one app at a time sounds like you haven't installed the licence key from the market. I'm not sure where you guys are finding FCs but I haven't come across anything just yet (I'll keep updating the first post though).

In summary, I'm sticking with v5.1 for now. The battery seems a lot better than v4.1 and it's overall more stable. Also, there's a few new nifty ICS features in LPB like swiping contacts to call/message

Edit: I've also updated the OP with new info and pictures for v5.1!
The fc's I found, after 1st flash, were like the 1st time I went into an app it crashed but then was ok-ish after.

I had issues with titanium each time and in end used my backup - but even that I had to do in 2/3 stages.
I did full wipe but was not stable. I re wiped and re installed and is much better now- impressed so far.

Screenshot doesn't work I've noticed and my 'sound/vibrate' and data icons in notification bar occasionally 'jump' side to side!!
Have u found this?

Have u altered anything for battery as I think it's worse than 4.1 - its still good though!
cozins17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #58 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozins17 View Post
The fc's I found, after 1st flash, were like the 1st time I went into an app it crashed but then was ok-ish after.

I had issues with titanium each time and in end used my backup - but even that I had to do in 2/3 stages.
I did full wipe but was not stable. I re wiped and re installed and is much better now- impressed so far.

Screenshot doesn't work I've noticed and my 'sound/vibrate' and data icons in notification bar occasionally 'jump' side to side!!
Have u found this?

Have u altered anything for battery as I think it's worse than 4.1 - its still good though!
Thanks for the error log I'll add it to the OP.

Yeah i also have the screenshot issue and the moving icons at the top. Those are more issues with stock LPB than specific to AndyX.
Kie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 07:09 AM   #59 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oxford
Posts: 65
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 Samsung Galaxy S2 iPad 3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I've just reverted back to 4.1 - I noticed my carrier signal quality deteriorating to the point of only being able to make emergency calls.

Reverting back to 4.1 fixed it
suparuss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #60 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Haven't had that issue either! My phone must be made for this rom!
Kie is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 132
 
Device(s): Sammy Galaxy S2 with Sale´s Excellent XXLSJ NeatROM Lite v4.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kie View Post
Haven't had that issue either! My phone must be made for this rom!
No problems here either running 5.1

Must edit my Device
vince1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #62 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hartlepool, UK
Posts: 711
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 84
Thanked 79 Times in 60 Posts
Default

How does the camera work with this rom? Does the instant capture work?
ooberandy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 127
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Ok, I know I'm going to sound like a right numpty here but I just can't get TB to work here restoring all my stuff.

So I tried to install all including system data because I stupidly didn't read the instructions. I'm a goon, I know. So I went back to scratch.. wiped everything several times over and reinstalled then tried to do it all without system data. didn't work.
Tried doing it all again and again. Seriously, I wiped it and reinstalled it that many times, I was getting fed up of seeing the ROM intro screen. And still, it just kept hanging when reinstalling my apps.
I gave up in the end. Was I doing something obviously wrong?
lavellep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #64 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavellep View Post
Ok, I know I'm going to sound like a right numpty here but I just can't get TB to work here restoring all my stuff.

So I tried to install all including system data because I stupidly didn't read the instructions. I'm a goon, I know. So I went back to scratch.. wiped everything several times over and reinstalled then tried to do it all without system data. didn't work.
Tried doing it all again and again. Seriously, I wiped it and reinstalled it that many times, I was getting fed up of seeing the ROM intro screen. And still, it just kept hanging when reinstalling my apps.
I gave up in the end. Was I doing something obviously wrong?
On TB there's several app restore options. The one you should be doing is: "Restore missing apps with data". If you do "Restore all apps with data" then you will restore older and incompatible system apps and that will mess you up big time!

Also, I haven't updated in a while, but this rom is absolutely amazing Here's my current battery stats:

Kie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 05:52 AM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 132
 
Device(s): Sammy Galaxy S2 with Sale´s Excellent XXLSJ NeatROM Lite v4.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Think ill go back to 3.1 as for the second night i woke up to a dead phone. Had about 80% when I went to bed and was dead when I woke up.Ill post a screen shot of the stat in a bit.

Battery stats are gone, dam. Had a small look earlier and could not see what was the cause, battery just fell off a cliff.
vince1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dorset, UK
Posts: 249
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kie View Post
On TB there's several app restore options. The one you should be doing is: "Restore missing apps with data". If you do "Restore all apps with data" then you will restore older and incompatible system apps and that will mess you up big time!

Also, I haven't updated in a while, but this rom is absolutely amazing Here's my current battery stats:


Have u done anything to change settings re ur battery??
Mines pretty good but don't think quite that good!!

I'm still getting occasional fc's and have you been able to move to SD??
cozins17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 06:56 AM   #67 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
Think ill go back to 3.1 as for the second night i woke up to a dead phone. Had about 80% when I went to bed and was dead when I woke up.Ill post a screen shot of the stat in a bit.

Battery stats are gone, dam. Had a small look earlier and could not see what was the cause, battery just fell off a cliff.
Download better battery stats and show us some screenshots of the wakelocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozins17 View Post
Have u done anything to change settings re ur battery??
Mines pretty good but don't think quite that good!!

I'm still getting occasional fc's and have you been able to move to SD??
The only thing I did was reduce voltage max to 800mV (using Voltage Control).

Also I'd be lying if I said I'd had no FCs. CWM is the main culprit for me.
Kie is offline  
Last edited by Kie; February 9th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #68 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Update 1 is now available for v5.1!

Changelog (added to OP):

- Fixed sound notifications in Gmail app
- Fixed DSP Manager.apk
- Added Maps.apk (last version)
- Added ICS Clock.apk
- Added Samsung TTS.apk
- Fixed shutdown (shutdown options) Restart works!
- Added Flash Player.apk (last version)
- New camera app improvements and themed style with ICS
- New script EFSBackup
- Arrangements in the Framework, System.UI and Settings

Install via CWM. Wipe Dalvik Cache beforehand.

Edit: I won't get around to trying it for a bit since it's my Bachelor Party weekend from tonight through to Sunday (getting married next Sunday!). Let me know if the Restart actually works
Kie is offline  
Last edited by Kie; February 10th, 2012 at 12:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kie For This Useful Post:
Twinn (February 10th, 2012)
Old February 10th, 2012, 01:35 AM   #69 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Shotgun84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Posts: 5,245
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 ROM: WanamLite, Kernel: KT-SGS4
Carrier: 3UK

Thanks: 1,613
Thanked 3,037 Times in 1,815 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kie View Post
Edit: I won't get around to trying it for a bit since it's my Bachelor Party weekend from tonight through to Sunday (getting married next Sunday!). Let me know if the Restart actually works
Congrats Kie. Its been nice knowing you

Shotgun84 is offline  
Last edited by Shotgun84; February 10th, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shotgun84 For This Useful Post:
Kie (February 10th, 2012)
Old February 10th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #70 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Thanks my good mate! Looking forward to dragging the stone of shame for years to come!

Also: DO WANT this cake! (that's not me btw lol I couldn't be bothered cropping)

Kie is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 10th, 2012, 05:50 AM   #71 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Sydney99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4: Danvdh KitKat GE + Philz + KT kernel + NE5 modem
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 493
Thanked 422 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Omg. That's taking android love to the extreme
Sydney99 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dorset, UK
Posts: 249
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Default

The only thing I did was reduce voltage max to 800mV (using Voltage Control).

Also I'd be lying if I said I'd had no FCs. CWM is the main culprit for me.[/QUOTE]

Only option I have in voltage control is processor between 200 & 1200? My voltage options have disappeared!

Have u moved any apps, to SD?
I get 'couldn't move app' when I try and it also stops quite few apps from updating via market for some reason.
cozins17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 132
 
Device(s): Sammy Galaxy S2 with Sale´s Excellent XXLSJ NeatROM Lite v4.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Congrats Kie, best wishes and all that
vince1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vince1 For This Useful Post:
Kie (February 12th, 2012)
Old February 10th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
ZR160_MAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Swansea - S.Wales
Posts: 164
 
Device(s): HTC DHD - Unbranded & Sammy GSII Flashed
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 51
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Congrats Kie, for the love of Android....PLEEEEAAAASSSEE buy and android wedding cake flol. Make sure nobody ties you up to a lamp post and watch hangover 1 & 2 lol
ZR160_MAJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZR160_MAJ For This Useful Post:
Kie (February 12th, 2012)
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #75 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Thanks gents. 6 days to go! Still feeling the effects of an epic weekend.

I won't bother with v5.1 Update 1 because v5.2 is out!

Changelog (my comments in red):

- Fixed problem to install apps from the Market (sd)
- Kernel LP6 (improved tactile response failures and lets you install apps on the sd) So I guess this fixes your issue, cozins17! BUT, and this is a big BUT, apparently this removes the radio o.O So you either have the ability to copy to sd card, or you have 3G/HSDPA :P
- Fixed dark buttons (for TheAyden) Finally!
- Fixed effect on signal icons Again, finally!
- Added Polaris original Office
- Fixed and added Flash Player
- Arrangements aesthetic in Framework, Settings and System.UI
- New Icons in Status Bar (Bluethoot, USB, Music, Emails, etc) (blue ICS)
- Added Widget News and Time (Transparent widget)
- Added Samsung AccuWeather Widget
- As with v5.1, Nova and Trbuchet Launcher removed, install them by Recovery.
Kie is offline  
Last edited by Kie; February 12th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #76 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 68
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

A few questions from a relative noob , this is where I am now and Im looking to flash your 5.2 Rom could you talk me through it ??

captin caveman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dorset, UK
Posts: 249
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kie View Post
Thanks gents. 6 days to go! Still feeling the effects of an epic weekend.

I won't bother with v5.1 Update 1 because v5.2 is out!

Changelog (my comments in red):

- Fixed problem to install apps from the Market (sd)
- Kernel LP6 (improved tactile response failures and lets you install apps on the sd) So I guess this fixes your issue, cozins17! BUT, and this is a big BUT, apparently this removes the radio o.O So you either have the ability to copy to sd card, or you have 3G/HSDPA :P
- Fixed dark buttons (for TheAyden) Finally!
- Fixed effect on signal icons Again, finally!
- Added Polaris original Office
- Fixed and added Flash Player
- Arrangements aesthetic in Framework, Settings and System.UI
- New Icons in Status Bar (Bluethoot, USB, Music, Emails, etc) (blue ICS)
- Added Widget News and Time (Transparent widget)
- Added Samsung AccuWeather Widget
- As with v5.1, Nova and Trbuchet Launcher removed, install them by Recovery.
Confused.com!
So with 5.2 I can move apps to SD but will lose all my 3g/HSDPA data connection??

Another thing I've noticed just today, none of my games are working?? Any ideas?
cozins17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #78 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captin caveman View Post
A few questions from a relative noob , this is where I am now and Im looking to flash your 5.2 Rom could you talk me through it ??

All credit to the rom goes to adesirello on xda.

Regardless on what rom you were on before, I'd recommend backup with Titanium / SMS Backup/Restore, then using CWM Recovery: full wipe, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, wipe battery stats, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, wipe battery stats then install. I'm assuming you are already rooted of course.
Kie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #79 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Could somebody PM me a mirror for 5.2? To get swype, do I just install update 4.1 even though I'm currently on 5.1?
srsbsnyo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #80 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsbsnyo View Post
Could somebody PM me a mirror for 5.2? To get swype, do I just install update 4.1 even though I'm currently on 5.1?
I don't believe adesirello would permit me to link a mirror. People on xda have mirrors floating around. Check the thread.

Regarding Swype, it's better to just download it from the market rather than install an old update.
Kie is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #81 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Alright just an update on v5.2. I finally got around to installing it and turns out Radio actually means FM Radio, not 3G etc... So my 3G works fine! But for some reason, the FM Radio doesn't work. I never use it anyway *shrug*
Kie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #82 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: England
Posts: 662
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S II - GONE iPhone - GONE (thank God) Samsung Note 3 Asus Eee Transformer
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 108
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Default

I've not really been following this to be honest (busy at work at the moment) - is this looking something like a (relatively) stable ICS ROM?!?
__________________
"Last one in's an officer... No offence, Sir."
turbohobbit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 06:20 AM   #83 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oxford
Posts: 65
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 Samsung Galaxy S2 iPad 3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohobbit View Post
I've not really been following this to be honest (busy at work at the moment) - is this looking something like a (relatively) stable ICS ROM?!?
Yes, it's very stable - I only get about 1 crash per day and I've been running it for a couple of weeks now (although 5.0 was rubbish and I skipped it).

5.2 is good!
suparuss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #84 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 68
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

fantastic ROM , only had a few hours but so far sooo good
captin caveman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #85 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 39
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy s2 - AndyX ROM 5.2. HTC desire - CM7.03, S-OFF, alpharev partition tables (now stolen
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

My galaxy s2 is arriving someday this week. I will be rooting it and installing this ROM straight away. Looks absolutely great and all the major kinks seem to have been ironed out. I was going to install CM7 but a stable ice cream sandwich ROM has been what I wanted all along!
subsist is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to subsist For This Useful Post:
Kie (February 17th, 2012)
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #86 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohobbit View Post
I've not really been following this to be honest (busy at work at the moment) - is this looking something like a (relatively) stable ICS ROM?!?
Sure is my good mate. There's a few kinks to work out still and it seems that different people have varying problems, but the majority of users are very happy with it. Try it and see if you're one of them!

Also, v5.3 is out!!

Changelog:
- Softer and more stable
- Added Swype (operating)
- Added New Flash Player
- Added New Maps 6.3.0 (Less battery consumption)
- Added Video Editor
- Fixed TTS (Text to Speech)
- Fixed signal icons 3G, H, etc.
- Added Launcher Trebuchet (New version)
- Added Launcher Nova (New version)
- Fixed Polaris Office
- Fixed DSP Manager
- Arrangements in the Framework and Settings ...
- More ICS theme
- More things ...

It's working great for me! Only had time to flash and restore but seems great as usual! Also, sorry but I can't update the first post just now. Wedding is in 2 days and sooooo much to do!

There's also a new kernel to use, LPH. Download links on the xda thread, as usual.

AND: adesirello has said that a new version (probably v6.0) will be out next week, based on new leaked LPH rom. Can't wait!
Kie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #87 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 68
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

would'nt bother with v5.3 as it seems to have all the problems v5.1 had and more , gonna wait for v6.0 even though v5.2 is good for me theres no harm in taking a peek
captin caveman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #88 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captin caveman View Post
would'nt bother with v5.3 as it seems to have all the problems v5.1 had and more , gonna wait for v6.0 even though v5.2 is good for me theres no harm in taking a peek
I never really had any troubles personally with v5.1 but this one does seem to have a couple more crashes than usual. I'll stick with it, but looking forward to v6.0!
Kie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #89 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

dears . i need the downlod link for v5.3 please
khadir is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #90 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hartlepool, UK
Posts: 711
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 84
Thanked 79 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khadir View Post
dears . i need the downlod link for v5.3 please
That would be in the first post of this thread...
ooberandy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #91 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Tnx I will try looks ans sounds great
sagy101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #92 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 39
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy s2 - AndyX ROM 5.2. HTC desire - CM7.03, S-OFF, alpharev partition tables (now stolen
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I've installed 5.2 as people have been badmouthing 5.1 and 5.3. However, my wi-fi is acting a little strange. I can detect signals but the "connect" option remains greyed out at the password screen. Anyone else having this problem? Any known work-arounds?

EDIT: Solved the problem. For some reason I had to go into advanced options and tick the box about a WPS pin on the router.. never had to do that on my desire or laptop. Strange.
subsist is offline  
Last edited by subsist; February 18th, 2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Problem solved
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #93 (permalink)
Kie
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Thanks: 175
Thanked 224 Times in 162 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Kie
Default

Alright guys I'm gonna be on holiday for a couple of weeks (on Honeymoon!!) so I'll do a massive update when I get back (v8 will prolly be out by then :P).
Kie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 06:56 AM   #94 (permalink)
Member
 
ZR160_MAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Swansea - S.Wales
Posts: 164
 
Device(s): HTC DHD - Unbranded & Sammy GSII Flashed
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 51
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Enjoy babes and remeber bring me back some sweets and where IS MY PIECE OF ANDROID CAKE LOL
ZR160_MAJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 08:40 AM   #95 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 39
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy s2 - AndyX ROM 5.2. HTC desire - CM7.03, S-OFF, alpharev partition tables (now stolen
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I've found one consistent glitch where the phone crashes if the screen is locked with the LED torch switched on. Apart from that AndyX ROM 5.2 is as smooth as ice cream.
subsist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 09:43 AM   #96 (permalink)
Check six!
 
Slug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Inverness, UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,896
 
Device(s): Sony Xperia Z
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 2,746
Thanked 11,365 Times in 5,767 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Slug slugbrem@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kie View Post
I'm gonna be on holiday for a couple of weeks (on Honeymoon!!)
Pics or it didn't happen!

Belated congratulations, Kie. I'll be complaining to Royal Mail as my invitation obviously got lost in the post.

Enjoy yourselves, and if I see you logged-in over the next 2wks I'll be banning your account until you're back home!
Slug is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:19 AM   #97 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 132
 
Device(s): Sammy Galaxy S2 with Sale´s Excellent XXLSJ NeatROM Lite v4.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

6.0 is out and available to download.
Downloading as I write this.



Changelogs v6.0

★ Based on Stock Rom XXLPH
★ Kernel CF-Root LPH (Thanks Chainfire)
★ Modem LPH
★ Tweaks y mods
★ Better performance and battery life
★ Quit SMS on call logs
★ CRT Effect Off
★ More Fast, smooth and more Stable!
★ New version Nova Launcher! and Trebuchet Launcher too
★ Added New Maps 6.3.0 (Less battery consumption)
★ Fixed Polaris Office
★ Fixed DSP Manager
★ Fixed TTS (Text to Speech)
★ More ICS Themed by me!
★ New icons style ICS!
★ And much more!!

**REMEMBER**

Before install apps from Market, go to settings/storage/unmount sd card
install all apps and after mount sd card.

Install app Flash Player from Market and works fine

Swype app register in swype beta web and app works fine
vince1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:08 AM   #98 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i am having market issues android markets does not install with the gapp.zip and when i nstall it seperately it crashes any suggestions please?
thanks!!!
karmakid64
karmakid64 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 07:54 AM   #99 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 132
 
Device(s): Sammy Galaxy S2 with Sale´s Excellent XXLSJ NeatROM Lite v4.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakid64 View Post
i am having market issues android markets does not install with the gapp.zip and when i nstall it seperately it crashes any suggestions please?
thanks!!!
karmakid64
Id suggest you start a new thread and this is about the new Andy X Rom based on ICS and I think your talking about the old version based on Gingerbread.
vince1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 03:09 AM   #100 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
daffyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 754
 
Device(s): HTC Hero (ret)/Nexus 1 (ret)/Desire HD (ret)/SGSII (ret)/Nexus 7 (RMA in process)/Nexus 4 (Paranoid)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 42 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Guys, sorry to tell you that Andy's ROM thread over on xda developers has been closed for repeated rules violations on posting material on the thread.

Its not a surprise to me as the OP was warned repeatedly about some of the things he was doing.

So, you may want to try another ROM while the OP attempts to get his thread reopened (which I'm not sure is possible).
daffyduck is offline  
Last edited by daffyduck; February 26th, 2012 at 04:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daffyduck For This Useful Post:
vince1 (February 26th, 2012)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) > Galaxy S2 (International) - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-international-all-things-root/493122-andyx-rom-v17-1-final-version.html
Posted By For Type Date
Untitled document This thread Refback March 23rd, 2012 07:39 AM
Untitled document This thread Refback March 17th, 2012 05:45 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.