Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) > Galaxy S2 (International) - All Things Root

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ironass

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
icedtea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 260
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default Paranoid Android queries

hi, some questions if we have users of paranoid here.

1. seems the new contacts could not be saved in the SIM card? tried importing the SIM contacts BUT NO CHOICE to save the number in SIM . .

2. what's the equivalent TASK MANAGER in paranoid?

3. the images taken from the camera will be saved by default at the phone memory. NO OPTIONS to save it on external card

Advertisements
icedtea is offline  
Last edited by icedtea; September 30th, 2012 at 08:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,384
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2, iPad 3 Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 169 Times in 152 Posts
Default

1) I dont save anything in the SIM card since entry is limited. Anyway, if you go to the contacts, tap menu and look for import/export. You will have option to export to SIM. Not sure if you will get double entries if already have contacts in the SIM, but an option is to delete all SIM contacts before doing the export.

2) Not sure what you mean. There is a task manager in Android itself.

3) There is an option to save in microSD. Go to camera app. Look for the settings icon and tap on it. Scroll down until you reach storage. The option is there.
Russell Ng is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
icedtea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 260
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ng View Post
1) I dont save anything in the SIM card since entry is limited. Anyway, if you go to the contacts, tap menu and look for import/export. You will have option to export to SIM. Not sure if you will get double entries if already have contacts in the SIM, but an option is to delete all SIM contacts before doing the export.

2) Not sure what you mean. There is a task manager in Android itself.

3) There is an option to save in microSD. Go to camera app. Look for the settings icon and tap on it. Scroll down until you reach storage. The option is there.

2. ----where can i find this? been exploring the settings but i cannot seem to find it.. (this is different from going to the APPS running)

3. ----no STORAGE option.. been browsing the camera app for more than a day already. . .
icedtea is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,672
 
Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,185
Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,573 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedtea View Post
2. ----where can i find this? been exploring the settings but i cannot seem to find it.. (this is different from going to the APPS running)

3. ----no STORAGE option.. been browsing the camera app for more than a day already. . .
Can't speak for the Paranoid Android ROM as I have not used it but Task Manager is usually accessed by long pressing the Home, (hard), key.

Storage for camera is... Camera > Settings (cog wheel symbol) > Storage
__________________
Did you know that hitting the Thanks button is quicker than typing it and the Search button is your friend.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
ironass is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
icedtea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 260
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
Can't speak for the Paranoid Android ROM as I have not used it but Task Manager is usually accessed by long pressing the Home, (hard), key.

Storage for camera is... Camera > Settings (cog wheel symbol) > Storage

exact CAMERA settings :

Store Location ON/OFF (GPS)
Power shutter ON/OFF
Picture size : values
Focus mode: values
Touch focus duration : values
Color effect : values
ISO : values
Timer mode : values
Burst mode: values
JPEG : values

No options for Storage.
icedtea is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,672
 
Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,185
Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,573 Posts
Default

A quick search over on the Paranoid Android forum on xda shows that there is indeed, no camera storage option.

" also get "no external storage available" (right when I rebooted and went into the camera app, it says that pop up. Then I go to Settings and on the menu there is no option for External Storage).".

See, here.
ironass is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
icedtea (October 1st, 2012)
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
icedtea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 260
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
A quick search over on the Paranoid Android forum on xda shows that there is indeed, no camera storage option.

" also get "no external storage available" (right when I rebooted and went into the camera app, it says that pop up. Then I go to Settings and on the menu there is no option for External Storage).".

See, here.
thanks for the site brother. .. i experienced this when i was with MIUI ROM. was not expecting that this type of feature will be the same in Paranoid. not sure why they to this. . .

btw, long pressing the home button ends in application switch. (it list the last applications open then upon clicking you have the option to GO to that application OR close that application.. not sure if this is paranoids way of tasks killing. . .
icedtea is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,672
 
Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,185
Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,573 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedtea View Post
thanks for the site brother. .. i experienced this when i was with MIUI ROM. was not expecting that this type of feature will be the same in Paranoid. not sure why they to this. . .
Camera and video problems are a known issue if you opt for AOSP ROM's I'm afraid.

Quote:
btw, long pressing the home button ends in application switch. (it list the last applications open then upon clicking you have the option to GO to that application OR close that application.. not sure if this is paranoids way of tasks killing. . .
That's the Task Manager. Personally, I never use it as there should be no need to kill tasks if you have a properly configured and decent ROM. In fact, killing tasks uses more battery.
icedtea likes this.
ironass is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
icedtea (October 1st, 2012)
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
icedtea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 260
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

maybe that would be the same answer on my SIM contact question #1

i can read/import/export the SIM contacts... BUT the default PHONE NUMBER storage would be the PHONE MEMORY and NOT the sim. . .
icedtea is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) > Galaxy S2 (International) - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.