Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) > Galaxy S2 (International) - All Things Root

New Forums: Nexus 6 | Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 8th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Confused Confused which one to use?

Hello,

I am a noob at rooting and After going through the "Rooting Galaxy S2 - A Dummies Guide".....felt pretty ready for rooting my s2....... but i find two versions of my kernel LP7.....which are "CF-Root-SGS2_XW_XEN_LP7-v5.4-CWM5" and "CF-Root-SGS2_DX_XTC_LP7-v5.4-CWM5"....so which one is more stable and good to use ?......also what's with the other mod's like cyanogen or any others which one is the best stable mod available?.....thanks in advance

Advertisements
saintgalaxys2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,772
 
Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.4. CM11 ROM. Baseband: NJ1. CM kernel+TWRP.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,193
Thanked 3,957 Times in 2,609 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintgalaxys2 View Post
Hello,

I am a noob at rooting and After going through the "Rooting Galaxy S2 - A Dummies Guide".....felt pretty ready for rooting my s2....... but i find two versions of my kernel LP7.....which are "CF-Root-SGS2_XW_XEN_LP7-v5.4-CWM5" and "CF-Root-SGS2_DX_XTC_LP7-v5.4-CWM5"....so which one is more stable and good to use ?......also what's with the other mod's like cyanogen or any others which one is the best stable mod available?.....thanks in advance
What is your current, stock, kernel's full details saintgalaxys2?
__________________
Did you know that hitting the Thanks button is quicker than typing it and the Search button is your friend.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
ironass is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i have not rooted my phone so far and this is my first time trying to root my phone...here's my kernel:
3.0.15-I9100XWLP7-CL340913dpi@DELL134#3
saintgalaxys2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,772
 
Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.4. CM11 ROM. Baseband: NJ1. CM kernel+TWRP.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,193
Thanked 3,957 Times in 2,609 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintgalaxys2 View Post
i have not rooted my phone so far and this is my first time trying to root my phone...here's my kernel:
3.0.15-I9100XWLP7-CL340913dpi@DELL134#3
There's nothing much between those 2 kernels but I would use, "CF-Root-SGS2_XW_XEN_LP7-v5.4-CWM5".

Just take it slowly and make sure you read everything carefully and thoroughly.

This true story may hearten you. See, here.
ironass is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
saintgalaxys2 (October 8th, 2012)
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Good One ironass...thanks for the super quick reply.....so you say no difference between Crossfire's kernel compared to other one's like Siyah 4.1.4 or any other...? sorry for reiterating the same question
saintgalaxys2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

my current firmware is
PDA:I9100XWLP7
phone:I9100DDLPA
CSC:I9100ODDLP9

just checked the xda forums incase of unrooting the phone and found this version:
PDA:XWLP7
PHONE: XXLPS

is it compatible coz the phone firmware seems to be different.....
saintgalaxys2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,772
 
Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.4. CM11 ROM. Baseband: NJ1. CM kernel+TWRP.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,193
Thanked 3,957 Times in 2,609 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintgalaxys2 View Post
Good One ironass...thanks for the super quick reply.....so you say no difference between Crossfire's kernel compared to other one's like Siyah 4.1.4 or any other...? sorry for reiterating the same question
Both of Chainfire's CF-Root kernels for LP7 are v5.4 and should work.

It just happens that the DX_XTC is from the Philipines firmware and the XW_XEN is from the European, Netherlands which is closer to your existing XW kernel.
ironass is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,772
 
Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.4. CM11 ROM. Baseband: NJ1. CM kernel+TWRP.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,193
Thanked 3,957 Times in 2,609 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintgalaxys2 View Post
my current firmware is
PDA:I9100XWLP7
phone:I9100DDLPA
CSC:I9100ODDLP9

just checked the xda forums incase of unrooting the phone and found this version:
PDA:XWLP7
PHONE: XXLPS

is it compatible coz the phone firmware seems to be different.....
If you wish to un-root you can just download from SamMobile and flash the ODDLP9 firmware via Odin depending on which country you require, i.e. Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh or India.
ironass is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) > Galaxy S2 (International) - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.