March 10th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Y
Thanked 100 Times in 54 Posts
[CWM][Video Tutorial]Installing CWM Recovery on SGY (GT-S5360) Only
Installing CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Y
If you have rooted your Galaxy Y, why not take even more advantage of the device by installing a custom recovery, right? If you think thatís what you want to do, read on then to know how to install ClockworkMod Recovery (a very popular custom recovery) on the Samsung Galaxy Y.
DISCLAIMER:First of all, you agree that you are doing this in your responsibility, be careful how you use this recovery. If anything goes wrong it's your own fault.
1. Root your Device
2. Enable USB Debugging by going to Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development - Enable USB Debugging.
3. Download the CWM Recovery zip file from the Download Section.Place that file on the root directory of your SD card. (root directory a.k.a in no folder but the main directory when you open it).
4. Switch off your phone.Then boot into recovery mode, you should be familiar if you have rooted your phone. If not, then hold Volume up button + Home button + Power button simulatenously.
5. After you boot int Recovery, you can only use buttons to move. For up/down use volume up/down, to do a selection you press the Home button.
6. You should see an option "apply update from sdcard".
7. Select that, find the zip file you copied to your SD card earlier, press Home and the installation should start.
Once done, it will give you the option to reboot your phone, reboot and you're done! You got CWM installed, you can now flash custom ROMs.
Video Tutorial : Installing ClockWorkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Y - YouTube
CWM by Madteam : cwm-madteam-galaxY.zip
CWM : CWM.zip
NOTE:Normally there are many type CWM are avaliable for SGY like Skin,Madteam(Cynogen) etc.But many are not functioning properly.ie, can't mount etc.So inorder to avoid that issue use any of the CWM that included in the Download Section.Tested & Working Properly
No Need 2 Say Thanks!!! Just Press It.
it costs only 2 joules of energy and movement of arm muscles.
Rate this thread ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ and share it to your friends too!!!
Last edited by nightwing90; September 8th, 2013 at 01:56 PM.