Well, I think it's hard to say which game is my favourite, but I right now I play Minecraft quite a lot after a long break.
A game I keep comming back too, especially when playing with friends, is Warcraft III. I can't put a number on the countless hours I have spent in that game...
Games I really love:
- The entire MYST series, mostly URU and Riven... So much nostalgia with Riven (and to some extend, MYST and EXILE), I used to play Riven with my parents when I was just a kid (6 years old maybe), probably amongst the first game I ever played
- Terraria, I don't play it a lot anymore, because I find it to be boring alone, and the few of my friends who play it, don't want to play it right now.
- World of Warcraft. So addictive! I love collecting stuff in it :P
- Red Alert 2, definitely played A LOT of that, when I was younger.
- Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 & 2, same. Played them a lot when I was younger.
- Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Epsidoe 2, pretty damn good. I love Valve.
- Portal & ESPECIALLY Portal 2. Portal was great, but Portal 2 was AMAZING. So epic! So well made. I higly recommend it with all my heart
- Team Fortress 2, I've spent too much time in this game.
- (Wii) Super Mario Galaxy. Pretty damn good. Really good level design. Good job Nintendo.
- (Wii) New Super Mario Bros. Great game to play with 2 friends 2 people is too little, 4 people is too much.
- (Wii) The Legend of Zelda - Twilligt Princess. Favourite Wii game, and favourite Zelda game Skyward Sword was pretty good too.
- (PS2) Shadow of the Collosus, SO BEAUTIFUL! Yet so simple. You, your horse and 16 giant bosses, in a big open world. Nothing else. Perfect.
- (PS) Spyro 1 & 3, I keep comming back to it, even though I first completed them at age 6 & 8ish, respectively.
- (PS2) Ratchet & Clank 2 & 3, same story as with Spyro.
- I probably forgot some
If I had to say one all time favourite game though, it would probably have to be Portal 2. It's just so good
Second place goes to Minecraft. So damn addictive. Everyone should play it.
Third place probably goes to MYST:URU, I just loved it so much, and I really wish the online version of it would be revived, or that a similar game would be made. I love the fact that it doesn't have to have any action, just exploring worlds and solving puzzles More games like this!!!
Last edited by MrFJ; March 28th, 2012 at 03:06 AM.
City of Heroes, and I'm not really sure why. I don't keep up my subscription, but about once a year I'll resub and play it like crazy for about a month. I tried Champions and just couldn't get into it as much which is weird since it was made by the same studio.
If someone has helped hit theTHANKS, if you see a post that needs aMODsattention hit !REPORT
If you need a dropbox here you go! DROPBOX Join us in the Undead Den you'll have a BLOODY good time
-------------------------------------------------------------------- My Work-
[ROM] StarScream TeaM GlitcH<--CLick me!!! Wanna theme? check THISout Maybe your into Fallout New Vegas/ Fallout 3/ Skyrim, well maybe you should keep and eye on THIS
LG G2X Phone
MiGen (In progress)
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah its hard to say i remember playing Chrono Trigger alot and i still have it on a emulator hehe then Mortal Kombat II all the time non stop when that came out then it was Grand Tourismo II then Halo then Gears of War.
But best of all time i guess would be Ys book I & II on the Turbo Graphix! it kinda started it all for the rpg's still love it today and yep got that on emulator also
For my SNES I will have to say Punch Out
For the N64 I got I will choose Conkers Bad Fur Day (classic)
And PC I have a hard time choosing... In no specific order:
Call of Duty United Offense (cod 1 expansion pack)
l4d & l4d2
I don't get the whole "hipster" thing can't I just continue to like what I use to like?
I did like playing cod waw.. but its nothing compared to the first one to me. The game play changed dramatically.
And the PC is the most up to date gaming system there is.. months go by and you can upgrade to faster and better graphics
And lets not forget.. "attack the issue not the people" Everyone has the right to their own opinion with having to be called out on it.
Rollercoast Tycoon were brilliant games. Age of Empires 2 and Theme Hospital as well.
FF7 was probably the best game I've ever played - simply because it took the whole RPG genre to a new level and I'm a sucker for a good RPG.
Goldeneye was great. The multiplayer was awesome.
Call of Duty 4 captured me hard for a good few years. Much better than the recent attempts. Before that Call of Duty 2 was a benchmark for me in online gaming. The first one to do it really bloody well.
Fallout 3 is still a great game to play. Quirky, with a lot of thought and detail in.
There are a ton of great games that I've played in my life. Most of this thread just reads like a trip down memory lane - and I think that's better than hearing what people's number 1 game was.
I can't remember but I'm pretty sure it was final fantasy V id even say mass effect 3 for a more recent one....
I can't remember if it was V or IV that I like so much, but I know they're both great for playing on the bus or road trips. I got pretty far before I got my comp and 360 setup, but now I don't play it much anymore. kinda stuck between monster Hunter and dark souls.
I'm a racer and CoD guy.
I love CoD 4 and Black Ops in terms of online play (both) and storyline (CoD 4)
Racing wise, I really like The Midnight Club series, Forza 3 and 4 (2 wasnt bad either) and Need for Speed (Underground 2, Most Wanted and Carbon in particular)
Toss up between Freespace 2 and Total Annihilation
Tier 2 favorites would be Halo1, C&C Red Alert, Starcraft, SimCity 4, MS Flight Sim X
Although most of my time lately has been between MLB2k11 (Franchise) and MW3 (Multiplayer). But these games have too many flaws to make it to favorite list.