Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge > Gaming
Gaming We love our games, may as well have a dedicated spot for them!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 21st, 2012, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
trophynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SouthEastern US
Posts: 5,613
 
Device(s): Iphone 6 Moto G LTE
Carrier: T Mobile

Thanks: 1,844
Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,206 Posts
Default Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City for Xbox 360 | GameStop

Just came out 20 March. Anyone played it yet? Thoughts/Opinions? I love the movie series.

Advertisements
trophynuts is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 22nd, 2012, 06:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,739
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,267
Thanked 1,552 Times in 1,185 Posts
Default

Damn. I was hoping this would be good, but the reviews are poor:

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City for PlayStation 3 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

Resident Evil is one of my favorite game series of all time, but I just finished RE5 and was disappointed. The graphics were great, but its just not a Resident Evil game. I didn't care for the co-op aspect, and they tried to make it an action game but crippled the controls. RE4 went in the action direction, but was far superior to RE5. It had a more interesting story, lots of memorable moments and a lot more content. But what I really want is an old school Resident Evil game with modern controls. I miss exploring a creepy old mansion with barely enough ammo to survive, actually dreading what you would find around the next corner. Heck, I even miss the insane puzzles. And for gods sake, BRING BACK THE ZOMBIES!!! Villagers with rocket launchers and Molotov cocktails just aren't the same. Going back to Raccoon City as a bad guy sounded like it could have been interesting, but it looks like its another one of the crappy offshoots of the RE universe. Boo!!!
__________________
"Machete don't text"
Gmash is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 06:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,834
 
Device(s): GS5 GS4 TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,901
Thanked 2,351 Times in 1,212 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
Damn. I was hoping this would be good, but the reviews are poor:

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City for PlayStation 3 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

Resident Evil is one of my favorite game series of all time, but I just finished RE5 and was disappointed. The graphics were great, but its just not a Resident Evil game. I didn't care for the co-op aspect, and they tried to make it an action game but crippled the controls. RE4 went in the action direction, but was far superior to RE5. It had a more interesting story, lots of memorable moments and a lot more content. But what I really want is an old school Resident Evil game with modern controls. I miss exploring a creepy old mansion with barely enough ammo to survive, actually dreading what you would find around the next corner. Heck, I even miss the insane puzzles. And for gods sake, BRING BACK THE ZOMBIES!!! Villagers with rocket launchers and Molotov cocktails just aren't the same. Going back to Raccoon City as a bad guy sounded like it could have been interesting, but it looks like its another one of the crappy offshoots of the RE universe. Boo!!!
I miss the old school RE style gameplay. Bring back horror gaming. I remember turning off all the lights and playing RE2 completely in the dark.
__________________
Useful links: The Rules | The Team | FAQ | Unanswered Threads |
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
trophynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SouthEastern US
Posts: 5,613
 
Device(s): Iphone 6 Moto G LTE
Carrier: T Mobile

Thanks: 1,844
Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,206 Posts
Default

+1 to the above. I remember getting legitimately scared playing one of the RE games. lol
trophynuts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,465
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,432
Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,084 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophynuts View Post
+1 to the above. I remember getting legitimately scared playing one of the RE games. lol
Dude, RE2 is easily the best one of the entire series. I would sit there in the dark and piss my pants when lickers would drop down from the ceilings within the precinct. OH EM GEE. It makes me want to go back and play it.
__________________
I talk to corporate like a BAWSS!

DEVICE ► Nexus 5 / Nexus 7
ROM ► Dirty Unicorns
KERNEL ► Stock / ElementalX
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NYCHitman1 For This Useful Post:
king renzo (April 3rd, 2012), trophynuts (March 22nd, 2012)
Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
trophynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SouthEastern US
Posts: 5,613
 
Device(s): Iphone 6 Moto G LTE
Carrier: T Mobile

Thanks: 1,844
Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,206 Posts
Default

lol
trophynuts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,465
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,432
Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,084 Posts
Default

They should release it for PS Vita so I can download it and wreak havoc.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,739
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,267
Thanked 1,552 Times in 1,185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
Dude, RE2 is easily the best one of the entire series. I would sit there in the dark and piss my pants when lickers would drop down from the ceilings within the precinct. OH EM GEE. It makes me want to go back and play it.
When the licker breaks through that mirror in the interrogation room is one of my favorite gaming moments. It literally made me jump!
Gmash is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gmash For This Useful Post:
IOWA (March 22nd, 2012)
Old March 22nd, 2012, 04:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,834
 
Device(s): GS5 GS4 TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,901
Thanked 2,351 Times in 1,212 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
When the licker breaks through that mirror in the interrogation room is one of my favorite gaming moments. It literally made me jump!
Yeah, that one got me real good.
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 07:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
MyTjSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 276
 
Device(s): Droid X Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 39
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

When you first enter the precinct and your on the outer hallways and the lickers breaks through the window is what got me!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thread removed
[*]
MyTjSux is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 26th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,465
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,432
Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,084 Posts
Default

I always shivered in RE3 when Nemesis would walk in and all you hear is.. S.T.A.R.SSSSSSS

Goddddd that was just scary.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NYCHitman1 For This Useful Post:
blackepoxy (April 13th, 2012)
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,739
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,267
Thanked 1,552 Times in 1,185 Posts
Default

I was at Gamestop the other day and they had Resident Evil 6 for pre order even though it doesn't come out till November (? Lol). Hopefully it will be more of a return to real RE. I haven't heard any details about it. Has anybody heard anything?
Gmash is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 06:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,739
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,267
Thanked 1,552 Times in 1,185 Posts
Default

Did a little searching and RE6 sounds like it could be good.

Resident Evil 6: The most promising Resi in years | Preview | ComputerAndVideoGames.com
Gmash is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 08:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
trophynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SouthEastern US
Posts: 5,613
 
Device(s): Iphone 6 Moto G LTE
Carrier: T Mobile

Thanks: 1,844
Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,206 Posts
Default

i'm ready for the new movie to come out as well.
trophynuts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge > Gaming
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.